• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 325 Views, 3 Comments

Changeling Trust - Nightmare Rift



A Changeling has to earn back the trust of the friends that she had. Before she revealed she was a Changeling, she was pretending to be an Alicorn.

  • ...
 3
 325

Day 39: Pinkie Knows

Styx’s POV:
My morning starts easily enough, no unsolicited visits from anypony, and I get to send Mystel and Orla off to school with packed lunches of watermelon sandwiches, an apple, and a small piece of Changeling candy. Hopefully they like their lunches, as I have no idea what they ate in the hive at the orphanage. I wave them goodbye as they walk towards the town and the schoolhouse. I turn to go back inside when Derpy lands and holds out a letter for me, I take it from her and give her a tip of bits, as she has never messed up my mail. I walk back inside to see the letter is from Cadence. I rush to open it and see the word baby printed at the top, and then an actual letter. I read the letter,

Dear Styx,
I am pleased to announce that I will be having the baby shortly, probably within the next 30 days, probably closer towards 30 though. I have asked the Cake family to make a cake that is baby themed. Shining had the fun idea of sending Twilight and her friends on a scavenger hunt around Ponyville, giving them clues that all funnel around the idea of a baby. Pinkie Pie will probably know as she will most likely read the Cake’s letter I sent to them. I did include in their letter that they can talk to you, since you have known for a while. We plan to be there later this afternoon for the hunt and surprise party. I would also like for you to cast a magic concealment spell over Twilight's castle so that she won't detect my magic hiding my baby bump.

See you then,
Princess Cadence

This will be an interesting day indeed. I bet Pinkie has indeed read the letter and is trying really hard not to tell anypony else. Knowing that she isn’t the best at keeping small secrets, hopefully she can at least keep one this big. Well, after reading this letter, I suppose I should go check on the Cakes and Pinkie, just to make sure all is going smoothly. Don’t need the surprise being ruined before the scavenger hunt has even begun. I arrive at Sugarcube Corner to see Pinkie reading the very letter that she wasn’t supposed to read, but she was bound to, since it was left out in plain view on the counter for anypony. I clear my throat and Pinkie jumps, “You aren’t supposed to be here, I was supposed to close the shop for the day and then I got sidetracked reading this definitely not important letter.”

“Pinkie, I already know what that letter says, and I know for a fact that you didn’t read the whole thing or you would know that you can talk to me about it.”

“Oh, that’s what the letter meant by Styx knows about this. I get it now, but seriously, do you think I can keep this secret all day?”

“Pinkie, I have faith in you, and Cadence and Shining Armor are relying on you to keep this a secret until after the scavenger hunt this afternoon.”

“Okay, I believe you. I have a lot of work that I promised some ponies to help them out with. So, I guess I'll catch you later at Twilight's castle." Pinkie says, bouncing happily out of the store and down the lane.

Confused, but satisfied with her answer nonetheless, I wander out of the shop, hanging the closed sign as to help Pinkie out. I suppose this means that I have nothing else to do until this afternoon, so I guess I should go collect more firewood to sell. Since while ponies don't particularly like to come to me, they are starting to need to stock up on firewood for the coming winter, and they don't want to chop the wood themselves. Although, a tree equals about five families, unless you are Filthy Rich and then you need the wood of two trees to yourself because you think you are better than everyone else. Although the more they buy at once the more expensive it gets, so essentially I'm charging Filthy extra. Since nopony else buys more than they need. At least I can do this without being interrupted. As I make it to the forest I see that the Timberwolves are staying hidden today, probably since I am much bigger than the average pony. I spend the next few hours chopping down trees so I have plenty for when the rush comes next month.

I teleport all the wood home and then myself since I don't feel like walking. It is now nearing night so I decide to teleport to Twilight's castle. I appear in the map room to see that Cadence and Shining have indeed arrived, with Cadence using a concealing spell to hide her baby bump. I would say she would be worried that Twilight could detect it, but unfortunately thanks to my spell it isn't possible. Cadence is the first to see me, she winks at me before saying, "I suppose we can all be off to get settled in and meet at the center of the town now that everypony has arrived."

Twilight whips around to see me, and bolts towards me, knocking me over whilst giving me a hug. "Good to see you too Twilight. Although, you could let me up."

"Right, sorry, I'm just excited that you could come to Cadence and Shining Armor's visit!"

"Of course Twilight, why wouldn't I be here? Unless I suddenly lost track of time in the woods. However, I am here now so we can get on with whatever Cadence and Shining Armor have in store for us."

"Of course, Twily, I want you and your friends to meet us in the middle of the town by the fountain in the morning. We need to get settled in and rest, but you guys can get there early."

Everypony goes running home, or up to bed, and Pinkie stays behind to talk with Shining. I teleport home, knowing that to make it through tomorrow I will need to sleep.