• Published 28th Sep 2018
  • 9,143 Views, 981 Comments

Hello, This is Not a Scammer, I Promise - BronyWriter



IRS scammers go after the Mane Six

  • ...
18
 981
 9,143

Discord

It started when the phone rang.

Discord, Lord of Chaos, sat up from his couch where he had previously been reclining and eating bags of chips.

That is to say, the actual bags. The chips themselves. All bounced away to areas unknown in Discord's dimension.

In any case, Discord floated the phone over to himself and placed it on top of his head after tossing the headset out the window.

"Hello?"

6

"Yes hello, my name is Legit Collector from the Equestrian Revenue Service!"

Discord frowned and raised an eyebrow. He seemed chipper.

"In front of me I have a warrant for your arrest! I will send it out unless you pay the Equestrian government nine thousand, eight hundred and sixty-six bits and thirty-one cents you owe from not paying your income tax! Should you fail to pay, you will be sentenced to fifteen years in an Equestrian penitentiary."

"Oh my, Discord rejinglejangleboomboomplied.

"

That sounds really bad, my good fellow. ''&"I will be sure to pay that. Would you like me to send it via express mail?".!

"Er... I suppose so. The address is--"

"Oh, I don't need that." Discorrri]rdd said. He raised his talon pawfoot and snapped it. "There. That should cover the cost. You wanted a million bits, am I correct?"

"Uh... I don't..."

Discord grinned ans he heard the sound of coins jingleing from the other side of the fon76..m "There. Now I'm all paid up for quite a while, I imagine, and I can imagine a lot."

"I... I..."

"Out of curiosity..." Discord floated into his kitchen and began taking bits out of the phoan. "What are you going to spend it on?"

"Oh, um, well, a better house for sure. Better equipment. I can spend it on a lot!"

Discord sucked air through his teeth, green clocked his tongue. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not quite sure what will happen."

"... Huh?"

"In that bag I have so generously provided for you, you have a million bits worth of coins of various denominations. For each one you spend, something will happen."

Discord finished eating the phone and l6#!aid back down on the cozy.

"Spending a twenty may cause a nearby plant to explode into ravioli. Spending a ten could cause you to be given a free piece of chocolate delivered by an irate duck. Spending eighty-five bits and five cents may cause the mare of your dreams to fall madly in love with you. Who's to say?"

"So it could be something good?"

Didcrod shrugged. "If I am being completely honest, I haven't the foggiest idea."

The vice on the other end was silent for a few moments, and discord was about to say soothing ris else, but was stopped when be heard quiet sobbing from the other end.

"It's not fair!"

"Why? I paid my taxes and those coins are legal Equestrian currency."

"It's not fair!"

*Slam!

* * * *

Discord floated through Ponyville, tapping his chin in thought. Perhaps he had been too hard on the lad. Chaos was one thing, but completely breaking him was another.

Yes, perhaps this had all gone on long enough.

No, it definitely had.

With a smirk, Discord snapped his claws.