• Published 28th Sep 2018
  • 9,142 Views, 981 Comments

Hello, This is Not a Scammer, I Promise - BronyWriter



IRS scammers go after the Mane Six

  • ...
18
 981
 9,142

Princess Luna

It started when the phone rang.

And nothing happened.

Then it rang again.

Still nothing. Odd.

At the third time, a mass of blankets shifted on a large bed, revealing a dark blue snoot that belonged to one of Equestria's princesses. And Celestia isn't blue. Neither is Twilight or Cadance. That narrows it down a touch. The blankets peeled back ever so slightly revealing a single eye. Its gaze flicked over to the ringing phone, then over to the nearby clock and narrowed.

With a grumble, Princess Luna threw back the sheets she had been snuggling peacefully under and ignited her horn, lifting the headset off of the receiver.

"This had better be good," she grumbled to herself. She took a deep breath and sat up. "Hello?

"Hello, this is Legit Collector from the Equestrian Revenue Services. I am calling to inform you that you are under investigation for tax evasion."

"I was out of Equestria for quite some time and as such, I was not earning an income that would necessitate an income tax," Luna grumbled.

"I believe the errors in question are in regards to the period before you left Equestria."

"I highly doubt that."

"We have records saying otherwise. Now, may I have your name, please?"

Luna glared at the phone as if it was the offending pony. Instead of obliterating it, she lit up her horn and began casting spells all over the room.

"Why do you need my name? Do you not already know it if you are calling?" She cast a spell on the phone.

"I am just confirming your identity. I do know the name of the pony I am trying to reach, but I must make sure you are that pony."

"Oh, oh, I see," Luna said, sending magic through the phone to the scammer. "Well, what if I do not wish to provide that information?"

"Ma'am, you are required under Equestrian law to identify yourself if an agent of the government requires you to do so. May I please have your name?"

Luna paused for a brief moment and checked the spells she had cast. Once she had confirmed their success, she nodded and took in a deep breath.

"Ma'am, if you could--"

"I AM THE PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT, AND I SHALL NOT SUFFER YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPTS AT SCAMMING! IF YOU CONTINUE DOWN THIS PATH, I SHALL ENTER YOUR DREAMS AND YOU SHALL DESPAIR!"

For a few moments, everything was silent. The Royal Canterlot Voice had caused several pictures to fall down, and the windows had rattled from the force. However, thanks to the wards, no one outside of the room had heard the outburst. Luna sat as still as a statue, waiting for any kind of response.

"M-mawp. Maaawp," the scammer weakly moaned.

"Be thankful that I put a spell on your ears to prevent permanent damage. Now leave me and my subjects in peace."

With that, Luna slammed the headset back down on the receiver.