• Published 19th Sep 2018
  • 1,219 Views, 385 Comments

Life is a Test: A Series of Pony Logic Puzzles - Brony_of_Brody



The Mane 6 and Friends face a perplexing pile of pony puzzles. Probably.

  • ...
1
 385
 1,219

PreviousChapters Next
The Answer 6

Daring Do obviously couldn't move in a straight line all the time or else the gremlin would just catch her. She therefore started headed towards the edge...but then started to move in circles, gradually making the circle bigger.

Small circles have a small circumference, less than that of a quarter of the sigil's circumference, and so the gremlin slowly fell behind tracking Daring's movements. The trick was to keep the circle small enough that the gremlin was still falling behind.

Daring knew she was four times slower than the gremlin, so the biggest circle she could make was one where the circumference was just less than a quarter of the sigil's circumference (pi times diameter, in other words, 3.14 x 30m, equalling 94.2m). She therefore made a circle of a 23.5m circumference (she rounded down from 23.55 to ensure the gremlin kept falling behind), with a radius of 3.74m, going by the formula r = c/pi/2.

After making this circle of a 3.74m radius, Daring was now 11.26m away from the outside of the sigil and freedom, so she just made a straight dash for it. Were she four times faster, she could cover 45.04m in the time it would take the gremlin to catch her. Unfortunately for the gremlin, the fastest route to her was still half the sigil's circumference, which was 47.1m! He simply couldn't cover that distance in the time it took Daring to run 11.26m.

Once again, our statistically improbable heroine escaped another trap!

PreviousChapters Next