• Published 19th Sep 2018
  • 1,219 Views, 385 Comments

Life is a Test: A Series of Pony Logic Puzzles - Brony_of_Brody



The Mane 6 and Friends face a perplexing pile of pony puzzles. Probably.

  • ...
1
 385
 1,219

PreviousChapters Next
The Answer 19

This one's a stumper. Actually, the solution isn't as simple as "Twilight deduced there would be no visit, therefore any visit would be a surprise", because that assumes Twilight's logic was correct, and we're being told to explain the flaw in it. The reason is because this creates a paradox.

Imagine Celestia failed to show up Monday to Thursday. Twilight waits for Celestia...and now one of two things could happen. If she was visited on that Friday, then it would mean Celestia's statement about it being a surprise is untrue. Or if she never showed up, it means the part about visiting is a lie.

It's a paradox because they can't BOTH be true.

Twilight's entire chain of logic breaks down at the very last day. Any result then would be self-contradictory, so any logic drawn from them is utterly pointless.

But as long as it doesn't actually GET to Friday, Princess Celestia's statement still holds true. She just needs to visit Twilight by Thursday.

Funny thing though? Nopony could ever agree unanimously what the actual flaw in the logic is. This is just one interpretation Celestia ran with, knowing Twilight so well. Looks like there is still much to learn about being a Princess of Friendship yet!

PreviousChapters Next