• Published 19th Sep 2018
  • 1,218 Views, 385 Comments

Life is a Test: A Series of Pony Logic Puzzles - Brony_of_Brody



The Mane 6 and Friends face a perplexing pile of pony puzzles. Probably.

  • ...
1
 385
 1,218

PreviousChapters Next
Why Do So Many Puzzles Involve Being Imprisoned Somewhere?

You're awake! Thank goodness! You were out for ages!

Well, five minutes, but my point still stands. AGES!

That was a pretty bad knock to the head you took. Are you okay? Do you remember who I am?

Yeah, Rainbow Dash. So at least you don't have amnesia or anything...or do you? Do you remember your name?

...

...Alright, I think you're okay.

Gaaaah, stupid alpacas! I thought I could avoid getting captured like Rarity, AJ and Fluttershy did, but those guys are stronger than they look...

...

...doesn't look like they intend to let us out any time soon.

What are you in here for, anyway?

...you on-upped the king on a puzzle and he decided to throw you in jail!? That's stupid! What's wrong with being an egghead? I wouldn't mind being one! Professor Egghead wouldn't just be a name for the School of Friendship anymore!

Me? Oh, well, I got called out by the Map. Yeah, the Cutie Map. Twilight's castle has this map that sends us out anywhere there's a friendship problem. And really, these guys are SERIOUSLY not the most friendly bunch you ever saw, huh?

...is anyone actually coming for us? HEY! HEY! LET US OUTTA HERE, YOU STUPID STINKING BUNCH OF -

Uh, nevermind. That got his attention...

-

...so. We're doomed. The jailer sets us up to play this weird game, and if we both lose, we're staying here in the dungeon forever.

...Geez, how can you just stay so calm? Look, I know he said that if we win, we go free, but c'mon! There's no way we're ever going to get outta here! You know one of us is going to screw up! One hundred chances at it!

...do you not hear what we're supposed to be doing? Okay, i'll repeat it slowly, so you know how utterly DOOMED we are.

He's going to take us away to separate cells. He'll then make us toss a coin, and then we gotta guess if the other pony got heads or tails. If we both guess correctly, WE LOSE! I mean, I'm a pretty unlucky pony. I get into scrapes flying all the time. There's no way we're ever going to pull through a hundred flips and not get the guesses correct!

...you have a plan?

...Oh you're the best! Not bad, for an egghead! Okay, we'll do that...

Author's Note:

Well there are. But I've never heard this one before, so I'm going with that.

1. You and Rainbow Dash to be separated into different cells.

2. You will both toss a coin, and must predict if the other got heads or tails.

3. If both of you guess correctly, you will both be imprisoned FOREVER.

4. Manage one hundred flips with at least one incorrect guess every time, and you go free.

5. Once separated, you will not be able to communicate with one another in any way.

PUZZLE: Before being separated, discuss a strategy. How can you both last long enough to go free?

PreviousChapters Next