• Published 17th Sep 2018
  • 1,387 Views, 23 Comments

The Dark Masters War - TwiZone

  • ...
4
 23
 1,387

Chapter 3

Author's Note:

major major MAJOR thank you to SpyroforLife for proofreading and taking his time to edit this story. I could not have done it without him. plz best thing you can do is go follow that amazing person.

anyway enjoy the story.

Once a city filled with love and kindness, the Crystal Empire had become nothing more than a battleground.

Homes were destroyed and bodies filled the streets. Blood was spewed onto the walls like confetti.
Screams echoed in the town as some children ran. A shadow chased them down an alley, and all they could do was run and run. Yet the large shadow continued to gain on them.

Soon, the three children found themselves cornered.
There was no way to go. They were trapped with a dragon determined to kill them.
The oldest child moved in front of his two siblings and stood his ground, protecting his little sisters behind him as the dragon laughed.

Then it charged down the alleyway with his fangs sharpened and tongue ready to taste blood.
The older sibling clenched his eyes shut, getting ready for the claws.
He could soon feel the hot breath of death on his face. He slightly opened his eyes to see the dragon trying to bite his face. Its saliva flung from its mouth, splattering the pony's face.

Startled, he looked over to the side to see Spike and Cynder using their strength to hold the dragon back. And without warning, a few fireballs came down from the sky, slamming into the malicious dragon.
It roared as the smoke covered all four dragons.

All that could be heard was the slashing of claws against scales and more fire spews. The smoke was beginning to flash orange and a light blue at times.
Soon the smoke cleared, revealing a cyan dragon with one foot on the other dragon's neck. Her growl rivaled the one on the ground. Spike put a claw on her shoulder.

It felt soft, and liquid ran down her arm. A few moments later, she realized it was blood.

Spike's blood.

The red dripped onto the floor as it brought Ember out of her deadly state. The dragon that was just after the pony children laid on the ground, defeated.

Ember swiftly twisted her clawed foot and a snap was heard from the neck.
The dragon now laid on the ground dead.
Ember turned her head to the scared children. Their bodies were shaking with fear.

They stared at Ember like she was a monster. However, Ember knelt down to them and began to talk in a soft and gentle voice. “Hey, little ones. Don’t worry, you are safe now.”

Spike blew a green flare into the sky. It was to announce that they found survivors, but of course, it could attract some unwanted attention.
Multiple roars of dragons grew closer. It was a bird of mindless drones as they stumbled over each other for the kills.
Spike and Ember stood tall as Cynder stayed behind as a last defense for the children. Spike and Embers throats began to burn like Celestia's burning sun.

Finally, the mindless dragons came around the corner as they ran at the dragons.
Spike's green flames mixed with Ember's purple fire. If they were not fighting for the lives of the children, they would be amazed at the color they made.
The combined firepower between the two bondmates was spectacular. Their equal strength melted any opposing threat in front of them.

But the dragons kept coming. Soon Ember and Spike's flames were shorting out and the foes kept coming closer. Ember unleashed her claws as she charged right into the horde.
Spike continued to spew his flames on one side of the charging dragons while Ember dealt with the other side. She became ferocious like a caged timberwolf, her claws swiping wildly, and were soon covered in crimson blood.
She fought for as long as she could, but soon it became overwhelming.

Spike saw his lover get overwhelmed and his protective instincts kicked in. His mighty roar echoed into the destroyed town of the Crystal Empire.
His fangs ripped into the throats of the creatures as he gave in to his primal instincts to kill and protect. Blood covered his snout and pieces of dead skin stuck to his teeth. At one point he even seized two dragons in his claws and smashed them together.

Spike's roar was so loud it finally got the attention of the crazed dragons. He looked into their eyes and each held the same emotion.
It was fear. Spike looked down to Ember as he gave her a cocky smile. “Might want to cover yourself, darling.” Ember covered herself with her wings as Spike's throat burned hot.

“Spike? Ember? Cynder?” A voice came from behind all the dragons with a shining light. The dragons turned back to Spike just in time to see an orange flame hit them.
The fire was so hot that it began to melt them down to liquid in seconds. Their screams were heard only for a short time, and once they were taken care of, Spike was able to see who had called for them.

The voice calling out was none other than Shining Armor.
“There you all are! We saw your signal and came as fast as we could.” Shining Armor came up to Spike, his hooves getting covered in the liquid, but he didn't pay it any mind. He watched Spike as he helped Ember from the ground.

“Be lucky dragons are fireproof or you could've killed me,” Ember said to Spike as she hit him with her elbow.
Spike rubbed his neck. “Well, that was not the intention, Ember.” Ember looked at him while giving an ‘I know’ look before returning to Cynder.

“So who have you found?” Shining asked. Spike turned around to see the kids they just saved. “Just three kids... still haven't found Cadence or Flurry heart.” Shining heart felt crushed until he felt Spike's bloody claw on his shoulder.

“Don't worry. We will find them,” he assured him.

Ember and Cynder walked up to Spike and Shining Armor. “The kids are safe thanks to Cynder killing the ones that got past us.” Shining nodded, then told everyone to get back to the camp outside of the empire.
“Spike, I should help you find Cadence and Flurry Heart. I’m her husband and Flurry’s father, it’s my duty.”

Spike sighed. He agreed that it was a father’s duty to protect his wife and child but now... he couldn’t allow that. The refugees that survived the attack were without a leader back at the camp. Without a leader, they would quickly fall into chaos, and he couldn't let that happen.

“I agree, Shining,” Spike said. “If this was Torch and Ember I would stop at nothing to find them. But right now your people need a leader to guide them.”
As hard as Shining wanted to deny it, Spike was right. So he swallowed his pride and agreed. The small group of remaining Crystal guards stood on alert as they began to leave.

Spike, Ember, and Cynder took to the sky toward the destroyed castle. Burn marks covered almost every side. It was just like when King Sombra's darkness corrupted it, but now they were the burn marks of a dragon’s flame.
The dragons arrived at the balcony, where their reflections shone from the crystals, and entered the castle. Strangely, the
throne room hadn't even been touched with a single claw or hoof.

“Let’s check the rooms, they have to be in here somewhere,” Spike said.
They left the room to find where the ponies slept. Cynder checked Flurry Heart's room, but sadly, no luck.
Spike and Ember checked the parent's bedroom but again they were not there.

Spike was beginning to lose hope until they heard the distinct noise of something smashing against a wall. He tracked it to a closet, and the noise tried and failed to quiet down.
Spike opened the door, and immediately a blast of magic threw him against the wall. The force felt like a punch from Spyro back at training.

The pony that cast the spell was none other than Princess Cadence. Her face was full of anger and determination to protect herself and her daughter, until she realized who their rescuers were.
“Oh, sweet Celestia, Spike I’m so sorry.” Cadence ran up to the downed purple dragon.

Spike's back almost destroyed the wall. He fell to the ground but soon got back up.
“Oh, it’s okay. My wing isn't too crushed.” Ember helped Spike get up from the ground, and then they heard the voice of Flurry Heart.

“Who are you?”
They realized she was talking to Cynder. Cynder turned around with a gentle smile.
“My name is Cynder and I’m friends with Spike and Ember.”

Flurry smiled and walked out of the small room. “Any friend of the heroic Spike is a friend of mine.”
Spike heard a few popping noises come out of his wings as they stretched. “Come on, we are getting you out of here.”
“Agreed,” Cadence said as they walked back to the throne room.
Without warning, their limbs were bound and they were tripped up. Then they felt their claws get tied together as if by rope, and they were soon unable to move, crying out with alarm.

Slow clapping echoed through the room, coming from behind the throne, and they all stared as a dragon came out from
behind it.

“Well, well, well. Leaving so soon?” His scales were a dark blue color, with tints of gold on his belly.
His red eyes spotted Spike and Ember on their knees as they struggled to get out of the ropes. He placed his claws on Ember's shoulder with a ravenous look.
Spike noticed the look he gave her and anger immediately swelled in him. “Don’t you touch her.”

The blue dragon smiled and held his claws in the air. “Very well.” He continued to walk around the group.
He smiled when he saw Cynder. He knelt down to her level and used his claw to lift her chin.
“The Terror of the Skies. You can’t know how much I’ve always wanted to meet you,” he said as he licked his snout. “Malefor wishes you still joined back up with him.”

Cynder just spits in his face. “Never, Zuvruth.”

Zuvruth just wiped the spit off his face and onto the floor as he stared back at her. Then he got back up and walked towards the throne, sinking into it. “Now look, Malefor wants the Crystal Empire dead and I want you guys dead... So maybe we can help each other.”

“What do you mean?” Spike asked, anger filling his voice.
“Simple really, you tell me where they are and I don’t kill them all slowly and painfully,” Zuvruth grins sadistically.
“We will never tell.”
The smile disappeared when Ember spoke.
“Well I can’t allow that, you killed some of my dragons,” Zuvruth said. “And when I sent more dragons to kill you, you killed them too. So not cool, buddy. Now I gotta hurt one of you and I kinda did not want that to happen.”

He pointed his finger to Ember as he got up from the throne. He walked closer and knelt back down, his face inches away from her mouth. His fork-like tongue licked along her cyan scales. It slithered from her shoulder to her chest. Spike's eyes watched the tongue go places where it didn't belong, and rage began to boil as his eyes. His pupil narrowed into a slit, and growls erupted from his throat as he bared his fangs.

“Mmm, you're delicious... shame that I have to do this.” And with that, Zuvruth grabbed Ember's left wing and broke it.
Her screams filled the empty castle as she collapsed in pain.
Spike looked down at her in anguish. His love was hurt and there was nothing he could do.

“Oh my, you look angry. Was that your wife? Oh my, I’m so sorry, Prince Spike,” Zuvruth said sarcastically. “Here, let’s see what you can do while in a fit of rage. go on spread them wings."
The ropes broke, and as soon as he was free, Spike lashed out at the blue dragon.
He dodged Spike's attack, and continued to avoid him as he slashed away without pause. Zuvruth jumped on the wall and launched from it, pouncing on Spike and punching him in the jaw.

Spike's tail wrapped around Zuvruth's stomach and he slammed him against two pillars. After a few hits, Zuvruth opened his fangs and bit down on Spike's tail.
The sharp pain in Spike's tail made him flinch. He was forced to swing Zuvruth off his tail, instead of tackling him.
They both rolled around, fighting viciously until Spike landed on his back and Zuvruth gripped his throat. Spike began choking, the blue dragon gripping harder and harder.

“Once I kill you, I will give Cynder to Malefor, I’ll kill the ponies...” He leaned down to Spike's ear, “And I will take your wife as a trophy.”
Spike's anger grew into a more primal state. His fangs chomped onto Zuvruth's arms, then he twisted his neck and broke the hand in his mouth.

Zuvruth yelled and Spike tore flesh from his other arm. Blood began to spray on the floor and Spike's face.
Spike then rolled to reverse their positions, and lowered his head down to the other dragon, who was screaming in pain.
“This is for my wife.” His jaw opened wide, showing all his sharp teeth, all the way to the back of his mouth. Then he bit down on Zuvruth's neck, sinking his teeth in deep, and blood streamed down.
With one strong pull, Spike tore Zuvruth's neck open all the way down to the chest and organs spilled out. Crimson blood spilled onto the carpet, soaking it.

He tossed the meat in his mouth away against the wall, his growls erupting into a mighty roar.
He celebrated his victory until his bloodlust was satisfied. His eyes returned to normal, and he turned back to everyone to cut their ropes. He first cut the ponies' bindings, and then Cynder's and Ember's.

“Cynder takes Cadence and Flurry heart the camp, I need to get Ember to Canterlot,” he ordered. His wings extended and he flew out the window, leaving the others behind. He held Ember tenderly in his forearms, keeping her close to his stomach and chest.
Cadence watched the purple dragon leave the castle in a mix of shock and amazement. “I’ve never seen Spike do stuff like that.”
Cynder shook her head in agreement. “Neither have I.”
—————————————————-—————————————————-—————————————————-
Ember slowly came to, realizing she was on a soft bed. She groaned in mild pain and confusion, pushing herself up. She held her head, wobbling slightly. Her wing still hurt, but it seemed to be healing.
She looked around to find out where she was. She looked out the nearest window and to her shock, she was back in Canterlot.

There was a note on the side of the window, which Ember read out loud.
Ember.

You passed out from the pain in your wing. I brought you back to Canterlot since there was no way I could heal you. Celestia used her magic to heal your wing but it drained her a bit.
Listen, I know you don’t want to hear this but you should stay with Torch. After Zuvruth broke your wing I felt... I felt powerless. Until he made the decision to see me fight in a fit of rage.
He is dead. I’m going to the changeling kingdom to help reinforce their defenses before Malefor's army shows up and takes them out. I know you want to be out there with me but... I can’t see you in any more pain and Canterlot is safer for you to heal.
Stay safe and tell Torch I love him.

Spike.

Embers snout just barely held back flames. She couldn’t believe Spike didn't want her to fight. She has to avenge her people by placing her teeth in Malefor's neck.
But with her wing healing, there was nothing she could do.
She walked back to the bed she woke up on, laying down. The soft pillows quickly eased her back to sleep. But it wasn't long before she heard footsteps outside the door, and it silently opened it. Silent, save for the annoying creaking sound. She turned over.

“Torch, not now.”

“Oh, I’m not Torch”

Her eyes shot open at that voice. That voice has annoyed her ever since she became Dragonlord. “Garble.”
She jumped out of bed and tried to attack him. She clawed his face, but he grabbed her arm and slammed her against the wall.
“For someone with a broken wing, you still put up quite a fight.” He threw her at the wall and she broke right through it from the force of the throw. She scrambled back, and he walked out after her. Growls and flames began to erupt between them, until they both heard a voice.

“Aunt Ember?”

It was Cynder's daughter Amethyst. Garble smiled as he finally found who Malefor had ordered him to find. Her scales were dark black and her claws were neon purple, just as he had been told. He took advantage of Ember's distraction, punching her hard enough to knock her out. She fell to the ground, unresponsive.
With her out of the way, Garble walked toward Amethyst, who slowly backed up.

“You're coming with me.”

Amethyst took off running, but Garble took to the air, easily managing to chase her down. She tried to lose him by going around corners, but he stayed right behind her and she was unable to shake him. She was soon at the end of a hall with nowhere to go. She turned around to find Garble right behind her. His laugh was haunting, and Amethyst could only stand there, terrified.

“You're mine now.” He stepped forward, but stopped upon hearing a loud thud. “What the?” He looked down and saw a black goo-like liquid wrapped around his ankle.
Behind him was a mist of darkness that definitely wasn’t there before. The line of black liquid began to drag the red dragon toward it.
He scrambled to claw the liquid off but with no luck. His screams became muffled as the liquid surrounded him in a cocoon like a butterfly.

Only his eyes were left uncovered, and he looked to the darkness, seeing clear white eyes staring back at him. Growls were all that could be heard from the mist.
“Wha-wha-what are you?” he stammered.
The eyes didn’t blink, they only stared. A long tongue began to lick his forehead. The saliva was hot and sticky as he continued to be licked, only stopping once he was completely coated in saliva.

“Eyes, lungs, pancreas. So many snacks. So little time.”

A thousand rows of teeth came out of the dark and tore Garble's face. Blood covered his face and his eyes were torn from their sockets. His face was quickly reduced to a mangled piece of flesh.
The black liquid let go of Garble's fleshy body, dropping it to the now blood-soaked carpet.

Amethyst looked away from the blood-spitting body of the dragon that tried to kidnap her. Her weeping was saddening as it echoed throughout the hall.

She felt a claw on her shoulder. It was skin, but there seemed to be something moving within the flesh. She slightly turned her head to see who it was.

“Amethyst?” a familiar voice asked.

She turned around to better see who it was. Were her eyes deceiving her? She must be seeing a ghost. “Dad?”
Spyro's smile was big and his eyes were wet. He was happy to see his daughter was safe from Malefor, as well as anyone else who would dare try to harm her.

He hugged her tightly, his wings covering her.
After the long hug that lasted minutes, Amethyst told her father about what just happened with Ember and Garble. Then she told him about the fight and about Spike and Cynder leaving to help other kingdoms.
Spyro followed his daughter to Ember's unconscious body. He picked her up and carried her back to the room.

There was going to be a lot of explaining about how he came back.

Comments ( 12 )

Yes. Please, let there be.

Also, this chapter was F*CKING hardcore!:pinkiegasp:

The improvement in grammar is a huge boon. Thank goodness you found an editor.

Lyo

Yeah! Spyro‘s back!

Yay and my boy makes his triumphant return.

Spyro had gotten help from my boy, Venom! Woohoo!

Rip this was one of my favorite stories :fluttercry:

I still wonder why you abandoned this story if you were doing so well.

Hey, is it alright if I can finish your story? It will still have the same characters and it will credit you rather than me. I just love the Spember(Spike and Ember) couple and Spyder(Spyro and Cynder) couple. Garble is dead, sure. Venom is in it sure. I just want to repay you the favor of making good stories. Please? For the sake of Spyro and Cynder?

Why did you cancel it i like it.
I love Spike and Ember plush Spyro and Cynder is just a bonus!

i hpe the will be a chapter 4

Login or register to comment