• Published 6th Aug 2012
  • 555 Views, 4 Comments

A New Begining - blackdragonepic



A unicorn who has lost everything will now be shown the magic of friendship

  • ...
 4
 555

The Flash back part 2

author's note: I feel so terrible. after going away and promising you mor chapters when I return I end up slacking off and even though I had one ready I kept putting off posting it. :( please forgive me. anyways along to the reading! and if you notice any mistakes feel free to tell me. I love feedback


“Now what am I going to do with you” princess Celestia said as she towered over me. I still was only around 15 and I still hadn’t really begun to grow so even though she was still larger than anypony else my height didn’t help at all. But despite my head screaming at me to try to find somewhere to hide, I was able to restrain myself and put on a fake mask.

“And what do you mean oh so great one” I struggled to say trying desperately to hide the fear that welled up in me. She looked down at me “you come into Canterlot you steal from my ponies and stir up my guards the conjure up an image of a dragon, that cannot go unpunished” she said her voice hitting a dead low.

I wanted to fall down and plead for mercy, but something held me up maybe it was the last bit of strength and the fact so much bad had happened I couldn’t stand to let anything else go wrong. “What is even worse is you don’t even seem the least bit regretful and it’s not like you even needed those apples” she said opening up my saddle bag and presented to offending bag with her magic.

She stopped pausing after her magic had brushed up against my bag, her eye’s narrowed send fear raging even more fears through me. “AAAHHHH” I yelled as she pinned me to the ground and sent a bolt of magic coursing through me, and once the magic was gone I stayed motionless as I could feel the layers of spells that had allowed me to walk around Canterlot without getting avoided of stare’s or being forced out of places. Celestia stared down at me with the ever present truth about how bad I looked shooting out for her to see.

My mangy tangled and dirt covered hair came back into view along with my coat which covered in dirt that would make a noble man cry. My resolve broke I didn’t bother to pick myself up off the ground as my last bit of dignity slid away as my spells revealed the truth. I laid there as tears began to stream down my cheeks looking up at the alicorn as she stared back with a much more gentile gaze before.

“Why? Why, with so much magic. Do you live so low? What happened to you?” she said her voice all most motherly like. “I… could never tell you” I managed to crack out “That I fine, Because if you don’t need to tell me” she said as she began to move her glowing horn down towards me head.

My eyes widened as I realized what she was going to do “no” I said weakly. I tried to get up but she once again pinned me down with her magic, my hooves failed about trying to stop what was going to happen but then they to were pinned up against my body. “NO” I yelled as horn horn touch my fore head as memories flowed through the alicorns mind.

The room was dead quite. Celestia had collapsed onto her rump as she sat there quietly. It was a few minutes before she broke the silence “well let’s get you clean up as she levitated me into the air and into the wash room.

The next moments could have been considered the most embarrassing moments of my life but really I didn’t care. Like a new born foal unable to take care of himself I was hoof washed by one of the most powerful ponies in Equestria whose power was only possibly matched by Princess Luna. She didn’t care that normally this would be invading someponies privacy as she scrubbed every inch of me.

Words could not express how good it felt to finally be clean as I was towel dried in the air hovering above the tub. She carried me now on her back my legs hanging limply around her side as she walked to her bed setting me down with magic I looked at her my eyes speaking endless gratitude. Her horn glowed once more sending me peacefully off to sleep and for once I so long, I slept soundly not tortured by nightmares.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I awoke I was no longer in Princess Celestia’s chambers instead I was in some other room. I got up from the bed and examined my surroundings the bed had two pillows on it as well as a large blanket beside it were two night stands, the rest of the room there was a dresser, a bathroom, and window which was covered by a drawn back curtain leaving the room a little dark but some light illuminated it from a unknown source.

Looking around I walked to the door and opened it peeking my head out only to find myself face to face with one of the palace gaurds, putting a hoof on the door to prevent me from opening it any further he said “by order of the Princess you are to stay in this room until she comes to get you” I nodded and closed the door. So after opening the curtains I went and sat down in one of the chairs that were by the side until the princess comes to get me, what does that mean? Having nothing else to do I sat and began thinking about the situation that I face.

I had stolen from the market place sent guards on a chase summoned up a fake dragon and when it came time for my punishment I had still yet to receive there was none. Instead I as hoof wash by the princess! I was surprised to say the least but I was infinitely glad that I was finally clean I looked back down at my coat which shined in the light. After what had happened so far I was interested and also worried of what was to come.

As it turned out I didn’t have to wait that long the guards had sent word that I was awake and I was soon once again face to face with the princess. With a gulp I bowed slowly before being told to rise, “Edward from what I have seen in your memories, you have suffered greatly much more than anyone pony should have to go through and I will keep that in mind when I punish you.” I grimaced when she said that. She continued “and as for your ability for magic, it seems you have quiet the skill that dragon was a very convincing illusion but It seems that your talent is mainly focused upon illusions but judging from what you needed to do to survive that’s not surprising. That is why I would like to take you on a student.”

With that my jaw hit the floor. This was not what I had expected becoming a student to the princess was a once and a life time opportunity and I had not expected to be asked after what I had done. “So what do you think?” think princess asked with a slight smile on her face quickly recovering from the shock I nodded “it would be an honor”. The princess nodded “well then that’s wonderful that you accept, as for your punishment I believe that that all of the books in our wonderful library could use re-shelving, once you have finished doing that I will start teaching you”.

I hung my head low, I had to re-shelf every book. That was not going to be a pretty task considering how many books there were, but I supposed it was better than being banished. “*sigh* when do I begin”?

Flash back ended

“So that is how I came to know Ed.” Princess Celestia said looking down at her student. “ok but why would he leave? I mean it seemed like he was happy” Princess Celestia sighed. “well I personally believe it was because of a girl he had met you see about 3 year after he became my student he began to have feeling for a mare that worked in a town and after about another year he finally managed to muster up the courage to ask her out and she agreed.” She paused “but on the day before their date she was killed in an accident, and Ed was devastated he wasn’t eating or coming out of his room and after three days of giving him time to himself I walked down to his room to try to comfort him but, all of his stuff was gone and Ed was nowhere to be found”.

The regal princess looked down he face filled with remorse “I was a fool, I knew that he had been through much and having lost someone when he had finally managed tell them how he felt, but I just thought he needed time to get over it. I never expected him to leave, I was distraught and I ordered guards to start searching for him but it seemed he was already out of canterlot. I made a mistake and he had to pay for it, a pony was hurting and I stood idly by and watched it and by the time I went to help him it was too late. I was such an idiot.”

Twilight could only stare at her teacher with disbelief “Princess Celestia your not an idiot you the most caring and understanding pony I know! Everypony makes mistakes you can expect yourself to be perfect”. Celestia looked back at her beloved student with caring eyes “yes, I just wanted you to realize that as well so why don’t we go visit our friend” Celestia said. Twilight nodded in response and the two walked into the hospital and headed towards Ed’s room leaving a wake of surprised doctors from seeing the princes in their wake.

Princess Celestia was the first to the door and pushed it open revealing the 5 mares standing/hovering around the stallion. “I don’t need any friends or help I’m fine on my own” he said looking at the mares not noticing the princess until she said “I strongly disagree” she could she him shrink back when he noticed her standing there before him.

“It has been two years since I last saw you Ed” Princesses Celestia said as the others recovered from the surprise of the Princess coming I without warning. “As I was saying despite what you may believe you need the help of those around you. You’re just having trouble seeing it from everything you have been through.” Twilight joined the group alongside Ed having come in “The Princesses is right Ed were all here for you now all you need to do is accept our help” Twilight said with a slight smile.

Ed looked down at his feet unable to look at the mare who was talking to him “And so as a reaction to your actions and all that has happened I hereby as princesses decree that these six mares along with anyone else who is willing to help. Teach you about the magic of friendship.” The princesses finished and everyone walked to the door, “so when you get out of the hospital you will have a new life, but for now get some rest. You deserve it.” With that everybody left and closed the door leaving a very confused Stallion lying in his bed.

A tear fell out of his left eye. Does this mean she doesn’t hate me?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment