• Published 1st Aug 2018
  • 2,178 Views, 76 Comments

Isaac's Box - dragenfire68



He and his friends have fought for a millennia inside what could only be described as hell, but now, the box has been found, and it has been opened, releasing not only Isaac, but the horrors within.

  • ...
6
 76
 2,178

Empty Vessel

Twilight and the girls Stared at the Letter for a long while, until a familiar glint of light caught her eye, Isaac plus the rest of the children came to them, but in Isaac's hand was the sword from this morning, which caused her curiosity to flare up.

"Isaac, where did you get that sword," Twilight asked, neither judgmental nor accusing.

Isaac simply shrugged it off that it was simply there and the knife wasn't, the other girls wanted to press for answers, however a single look from Twilight told them all they needed to know.

"well, we can't just have you walking around with it in your hands all the time, but we can't have you putting it in the chest either," Rarity said, putting a hoof to her chin.

Twilight already knew she had one more talk she had to have before she could think about new artifact Isaac is wielding, it wasn't worth putting it off, so she bid the girls goodbye, and told her children to stay with them, they nodded in understanding, before turning to the girls with their questions.

She knew where Shining and cadence were staying, with a few turns she was at their room, she took a breath and knocked and Cadence called her in.

"Finally, maybe now I can understand what happened to him, Nopony will tell me what the hell is going on, First he claims a bunch of children are demons, then he disappears after I talk with him, and now he's like this, AND NOPONY WILL TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED," Cadence shouted in frustration.

Twilight sighed, she knew she should have had her there to watch the flashback, but the story alone would suffice and Cadence listened in complete silence.

"No wonder Shining wakes up screaming, I don't know if he will ever be okay after an experience like that," Cadence said worriedly, glancing at the sleeping form of her husband.

"I'll use the memory spell that I used on my friends after they were corrupted by discord, I'll use the good memories of Flurry Heart to push out the dark memories of the chest and help him forget," Twilight explained.

"Are you sure that will work, Even Luna has been hard-pressed to combat his nightmares, and she is the creator of mind magic."

"I don't know what magic was used on or in the chest, but I know that the suffering permeated the very air we breathed, I can tell you what it tastes like, but right now Shining needs to counter the bad with the good."

"Alright, I'll help you cast this memory spell."

Twilight nodded acceptance and stood, readying the memory spell by bringing forth all the memories she had with both her brother and Flurry, but that was only the first step because just her memories would not be enough.

Soon Cadence's horn tip joined the spell and her memories flooded into the spell, with all memories sorted and charged, Twilight finished the final key of the spell and cast over the sleeping Shining, the effect was instantaneous although they couldn't see it.


Shining had been walking down a dark corridor, A small weak flickering candle held in his magic, with all senses on high alert, he knew this place, for it had been in both his nightmares and the waking world but despite feeling as tired as he would be in the waking world, he kept going.

His nightmare wouldn't let him stop, whether by him moving or the floor moving him, he was too witness whatever horrors were waiting at the end of the dark hall, which seemed to get longer and longer each time he visited.

This time, however, something was off because on his left some ways up was a brightly lit door with warm inviting light that beckoned which Shining happily dashed to, behind it was a familiar place, a nursery with the one thing that made him the happiest Colt in all of Equestria, Flurry Heart was sitting in the crib facing the door which slammed shut.

The sounds of locks turning were drowned out by the excited bubbling of the baby, although Shining knew this was a dream, the break from the blood-soaked corridors was a welcome change, so he did what he had wanted to do for a very long time, he simply lay down and with Flurry cradled in his arms, he closed his eyes.

Memories flashed by while he rested, from bringing Flurry home, to her first birthday, it was like a movie of all the best moments he ever spent with Flurry Heart, little by little the chest and the horrors within it became vague memories that seemed more like dreams.


Unbeknownst to him, the door crumbled to dust and blew away and for the first time since the journey into the chest, Shining truly slept but on the outside, something else was happening, something inside the chest had come out with him, and Twilight knew who it was.

Dark smoke lifted off Shining like a smog, Twilight and Cadence were on their hooves ready with spells, when the smoke took the form of a bloodshot eye, which glared hatefully at them before the smoke dispersed, she bid cadence goodbye after she suggested that she take shining to a doctor when he woke up.

Despite it being only a shadow, it deeply concerned her that it took the shape of Mother, but that could wait because instead, she needed to figure out what exactly had Thorax so spooked. After all, if there was a powerful new foe from equestria's past on the loose, then she and the girls needed to head it off and stop whatever dark plan it had planned for Equestria.


Meanwhile, after the sun had fallen, a ram stalked through deep underbrush, its pitch black fur nearly invisible against the leaves, its hooves silent as it searched the deep forest until it found what it was looking for, an unmarked burial tomb, to a non-magical being it simply was a hill, but the ram knew better, it could feel the massive power locked deep within.

"Not even on earth and you chose to poke at the proverbial bear," a slick voice said from behind the ram, a greyish-gold unicorn stood, his cutie mark is a silver dollar, a good few of his teeth pure gold, he also has a light grey shirt and black vest combo, his eyes, if you looked closely, didn't have pupils instead they are pure gold orbs.

The ram didn't bother to answer instead he set about probing the barrier that was in place with his magic, one hundred different binding spells, and barrier spells were layered on top of each other, taking them all apart would take far too long, and attract way too much attention, instead, he opted for a very human tradition.

"Get ready, we're going for an easy smash and grab, once we break this thing open, use the stopwatch," The ram said, his horns glowing, forming a growing ball of crackling dark energy, before flying into the hillside, for a few seconds nothing happened, then the wall exploded inwards.

The unicorn hit the watch as instructed, the debris slows almost to a stop in mid-air as the ram charged up another spell, just like that they were gone, along with whatever was holding up the tomb because no less than thirty seconds later the whole hill collapsed in a huge cloud of dust after it settled the ram and pony were gone.