• Published 10th Jul 2018
  • 2,092 Views, 62 Comments

I'm not crazy - Undead Equestrian Writer

  • ...
6
 62
 2,092

Stress Testing

Over the last few weeks, every night I would be relocated to the Equestrian Trans-Dimensional Lab, where I would be taught things about Equestria. They still planned on taking me away from Earth, but they couldn't do it right away. The biggest reason was power consumption. The amount of power to bring me over completely and indefinitely would blackout Canterlot for the next year. So the doctors were taking the time to teach me things, like how to read Equestrian, Equestrian history, and topics that were deemed import to learn.

The doctors had brought in a teacher, her pink mane and purple coat, with three flowers for her cutie mark. She was nice to me, she had a real teacherly vibe about her. I was never told her name, a safety precaution in case I escaped somehow, I assumed.

"Okay, Silver, today we are going to do something a bit different," Harp told me. I looked at her, waiting for more. "We're going to be doing some... stress tests, things like how strong you are mentally, spiritually, physically, and magically, we'll test your reflexes, how well you deal with a problem, and a few other things."

"Stress tests, alright, I'm ready," I informed Harp, drinking a small bottle of water. I had gotten much better at grabbing things, the feeling of holding something with a phantom hand is a bit weird, but at the same time felt natural. "So what's first?"

"A common test we do is a workout," Harp told me. "You will run as long as you can on a treadmill, you will carry as much weight as you can stand, and you will test your strength against different materials."

I nodded, several workout equipments popping into the room, the smell of sulfur hitting my nose from the magical after images. I approached the treadmill and began running.

"So, Pie, what do you think of Silver?" Harp asked her, sitting back in his chair as he watched me run. Pie chuckled as she watched my vitals closely.

"He's interesting," Pie blankly told Harp. "From what we know of humans, he's different, he seems more detached from reality, detached from his own race. This is probably an offset of being treated horribly for years. When asked questions about things like family, friends, and the people he sees daily in his containment, his emotions pivot from stone cold to hatred and anger."

"Damn, so he just hates everypony?" Harp asked, being caught up to speed after being out sick the past few days.

"I don't think everypony, I think he hates those who betrayed him," Pie corrected, before sighing and looking down. "I actually am scared of him, I feel his emotions could come out when we bring him over and he could hurt or even kill somepony."

"But pony's are much more understanding from those hairless apes, we care for one another, we don't hurt each other," Harp stated, as he looked at his watch. "He's been going for about 15 minutes now on one of the hardest speeds, and he isn't even showing any signs of fatigue, pain, or boredom, I mean, he's not even sweating!"

"15 minutes isn't that long, it's actually pretty tame, you're just out of shape," Harp growled, making Pie chuckled softly. "I'll admit, he seems determined."

"Determined for what, this is just a test to check for diseases like asthma or frail bones," Harp sat up in his chair, pressing the intercom button. "Thank you, Silver, you may stop now."

I ran for a bit longer before carefully stepping off the treadmill, my breathing a bit ragged. Without missing a beat, Harp asked me to perform pushups. Five pushups per 30 pounds on my back.


After a few hours of tests, the tests were over. I said my goodbyes and was transported back, waking back up in my body, the familiar feeling of a straightjacket holding my arms close. I heard the soft chimes of the 7:30 medicine bell, and the sickening feeling in my stomach.

"Good morning, 692," I heard a new voice, it was an older man's voice, but something in his tone felt... wrong, like he had sinister or dark undertones. I didn't like this voice. The door to my room opened, and a man in a black suit with a black tie entered, smiling. The man had menacing written around him like a villain in an anime, I could sense it. This man wanted to hurt me, and he was going to enjoy doing it.

"Excuse me, sir, patient visiting hours are 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm," Minute came up behind him, and something on her face, in her eyes confirmed the feeling in my stomach. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Yes, my apologies, I just couldn't wait to see 692's face, helps me with my job," he smiled, before leaving my cell. Minute watched him leave before looking at me and giving me a look of worry, before closing the door, and standing guard outside.

Author's Note:

I'm finally back... Hope ya'll enjoy

Comments ( 7 )

Great work keep it up

Is this story dead?

Oh damn, it's starting to get juicy. Love it

so when will the next chapter come out I cant wait to see more soon:twilightsmile:

Very weird story but I'm enjoying it ^_^

Login or register to comment