• Published 31st Oct 2019
  • 6,588 Views, 248 Comments

The Power Princesses - Phantom-Dragon



The story of Ken Heathspike and the girls of his life, the Power Princesses.

  • ...
11
 248
 6,588

PreviousChapters Next
Dinner and a Sleepover with Supergirls

MPD – Maretropolis Police Department

"No excuses!" Kenbroath yelled into the phone, sitting at his desk, before he resumes giving orders to his fellow officers, "I need you to find a lead on the Night Owl before she pulls off another heist! And double all patrols–" Just then, in the corner of his eyes, the Police Captain's turned his attentions towards Ken and his new girl friends who appeared at the entrance of his office.

"I gotta go," The Captain said. "GET ME RESULTS!" With that, he puts the phone down, losing his stern demeanor and spoke in a loving father's tone, "Hey Sport. What're you doing here? And who're these lovely ladies with you?"

"Just some new friends I've made today," Ken introduced. "This is Trots Summers. That's Dallas Queen, Spruce Spanner, Mary Allen, Aurora, and Green Gardner." The girls quickly exchanged greetings with the chief, "They've recently just moved into the city, so I'm giving them a tour of the place and I thought it'd be nice if they could meet you dad, being the Chief of Police and everything."

"Well then, welcome to Maretropolis," Kenbroath smiled, as he shook hands with the girls. "I hope my son's been treating you alright."

"Oh your son is quite the gentleman," Green Gardener smiled.

"You certainly know how to raise him well," Dallas smirked.

Kenbroath chuckled heartedly, "That's my boy for ya," His smiled turned to a frown as he resumed his stern demeanor. "But I'm afraid your visit here will have to be cut short. It's a mad house here!"

"Yeah, solving crimes, putting away perps, that sort of thing," Ken guessed.

"I wished," The man frowned as he took a quick sip of coffee from his mug. "We just got another report that a rare, priceless gem has been stolen from a jewelry store, by the Night Owl. That's the fifth heist this week. And we've got reports of criminal activities from one of Lavan's Fire Devils. We've got to stop them and fast!"

"Let's hope so," Ken nodded. "Hey! If we're lucky, maybe you and your police officers will get another help from some superheroes!" He said, while secretly gesturing to the girls.

Kenbroath simply shook his head, "This is real life, Ken," He frowned. "It's nothing like Superman or Batman. I'm sorry, but that's the truth."

"Then how do you explain the failed armored robbery from the Diamond Dogs?" Ken asked. "It's all over the news that the armored truck was stop by a lightning bolt that acted as if it was alive."

"Hmm," The man scratched his chin, as he shook his head. "I honestly don't know about that. But whatever it was, I'm not a 100% certain that that's something similar to some of your superhero comics. Anyway, it's getting late. Why don't you all head home. It's been nice meeting you all."

"Okay, see ya pops!" Ken waved good-bye as he and the girls left the building.

"Your dad's a great man, Ken," Aurora said.

"What can I say? He's a great dad," Ken smiled. "Though, I just hope you girls could make life a bit easier for him, what with the police understaffed and everything."

"Gosh, why's that?" Mary asked. "Is it something they ate? Was it the donuts?"

"Uh...not really," The boy muttered. "You could say the mayor was more invested in his own piece of the pie."

"Ooh, that sounds yummy!" The hyperactive girl licked her mouth hungrily. "So what? The mayor has a really delicious pie that he doesn't like sharing?"

"I believe Ken was referring to the 'pie chart' that legitimate business plan earthlings used to conduct surveys or to keep track of investments," Trots stated. "So you're saying the mayor's been investing more moneys in other affairs, rather than assisting your law enforcers to fight crimes?" The leader asked Ken.

"Afraid so," Ken frowned. "I don't remember why we ever voted that guy for election. From what I heard, he's a real cheapskate. He once opened up an amusement park that has little to no safety procedures, and he manages to get away being held responsible for some casualties by putting up signs that reads 'NO REFUNDS!'"

The Power Princesses all gasped in shock, "Why, that's not very nice!" Spruce said in disgust. "That man is a great big jerk!" She hissed, and for a brief second, Ken was certain he saw a red color flashing in Spruce's eyes.

"Why I ought to give that mayor a piece of mah mind!" Dallas stomped her foot.

"Whoa, calm down girls," Ken coaxed the two angry seething alien girls. "Calm down, you'll get your chance someday, I'm sure. But right now, let's just head home."

With that, the girls all nodded in agreement as they followed their earthling friend back to his place.


Heathespike Residence

The sun was barely over the horizon by the time Ken and the Power Princesses arrived, "Hello? Mom?" Ken called. "Looks like mom's still at work. So I guess it's just us then."

"Hello Ken!" A voice greeted, revealing herself to be Delilah, "Hello Power Princesses! Welcome home!"

"Hey Delilah!" Ken smiled as he got down to his knee and affectionately petted his talking Dalmatian, all the while thinking, 'I don't think I'll ever get used to the fact that my dog's talking.'

Later, Ken went into the kitchen to fill Delilah's bowl with her foods. Afterwards, Ken walked to a large table in the living room, where he got out his textbooks and notes, with which he proceeds to do his homeworks.

"Watchya doin' there, Ken?" Mary Allen asked, as she zipped up to the boy's side to see what he was doing.

"Doing my homeworks," Ken replied. "Same as you should be doing."

"Ken's right," Trots Summers said, as she proceeds to levitate her assignments from her backpack. "Since we've officially enrolled ourselves as students in Ken's school, then it's logical for us to do some studies."

The rest of the alien girls weren't so keen on the notion at first, but they all got out their notes and assignments from their backpacks and studied with their earthling host. Though, out of all the girls in the room, Ken was astonished at how much of a fast learner Trots Summers is, in only a single day. Her intelligence was astonishing with the way she was able to record all of the correct answers in calculus, to quickly memorizing the names of every states in the U.S.A. and their capitals, as well as the states of other continents and so on.

The friends proceeded to study together. During their study session, Ken decided to strike up conversation, "So, girls," He began. "Any ideas on a 'base of operation' yet?"

Before the girls could answer, Delilah came running into the room, "Ken! Power Princesses!" Delilah barked in alarm. "Mom is home!"

"Okay girls, you know what to do," Ken said to the alien heroines. "Remember, act natural."

With that, the heroes all composed themselves to make themselves appear presentable to the young man's mother, "Hi mom!"

"Oh, hello Ken," Wysteria greeted her son, before she turned her attention to the girls. "Oh! You didn't tell me you were having guests. Who are these lovely ladies?"

"They're my new classmates!" Ken answered, as he proceeds to introduce the girls, "That's Trots Summers. This is Green Gardener. Dallas Queen. Aurora. Spruce Spanner. And that's Mary Allen."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Heathespike," Trots Summer greeted, with the other girls following as they exchange greetings to the woman.

"Oh, pleasure's all mine," Wysteria smiled. "I trust that my son has been treating you all so well?"

"Oh yes, indeed he has!" Green Gardener smiled. "Ken has been such a gentleman to us, showing us around the city and even letting us come over to your house to study!"

"Oh, that's sweet of you, Ken!" Wysteria complimented, much to Ken's embarrassment as he blushes a shade of pink. "In that case, why don't you all stay for dinner? My husband will be home soon from work and–"

"Oh that's quite alright, Mrs. Heathespike," Dallas said. "In fact, we've already been acquainted with yer husband and Ken's father."

"Oh have you now?"

"Absolutely," Trots vouched. "We came and visited him at the MPD station. He's very busy."

"A real family man!" Dallas added.

"That's why I married him," Wysteria smiled lovingly, before it turned sad. "If only he didn't have to work so hard, we could be together more."

Ken nodded in agreement, with the girls looking sad as they empathize with both son and mom.

Wanting to get out of the awkward moment, Wysteria shook her head, as her smile resumes, "Anyway, what would you girls like to eat?"


After dinner was over, the girls took their leave.

"We've had a wonderful meal tonight, Mrs. Heathespike," Spruce Spanner said. "I just couldn't get enough of your beyond burgers! It is absolutely to die for!"

"Why thank you, Spruce!" Wysteria chuckled. "I'm just happy you could enjoy the meal."

"The dessert was nice too!" Mary smiled. "Your strawberry shortcake was so creamy and good in all the right place!"

"Anyway, thanks again for the meal, Mrs. Heathespike," Dallas said as she bid the woman good-bye. "But I think it's time for us to go home now," She said, as she and her comrades secretly shared winks with one another.

"Will you girls be alright?" Ken asked. "I..I mean, with the city so dark and all and with the–There are criminals afoot and I wouldn't want you to get hurt...." He clarified awkwardly.

"Of course, darling!" Green Gardener smiled, sending Ken a secret wink his way. "We'll be alright."

"Goodnight, Ken!" Trots Summer waved, while she and each of the girls sent Ken secret winks his way.

"Night girls," Ken waved his hand, before he sighed, "Aren't they great, mom?"

"They're quite the nice bunch," Wysteria nodded in agreement.

"Woof-woof!" Delilah barked in agreement.

Ken then stretched his arms out, yawning before he turns around and walked up the stairs, "Well, good-night mom," Said the boy, as he went into his room to pick out a set of pajamas, before he went into the bathroom to get himself washed up for bed.

Later, after Ken got changed into his pajamas, he walked up to his bed and got underneath the cover and was out like a bulb. Little did he know, however, he was not alone. When Ken was in the bathroom to get changed, the Power Princesses had snuck back into Ken's room, through a window, courtesy of Trots Summer's telekinesis.

Once inside, the Power Princesses hid themselves in the room. Trots was hiding inside a closet with Spruce, with Aurora and Dallas hiding under the bed, which leaves Mary Allen and Green Gardener hiding beneath his blanket, which the boy was too sleepy to notice.

"Can we come out now?" Aurora asked.

"Yeah," Trots Summer confirmed, as she and most of the girls came out of hiding.

"How about next time, you hide under someone else's bed, and I'll just be up on the ceiling, okay?" Aurora scowled to Dallas, who rolled her eyes.

"Ya didn't have to hide with me, y'know," Dallas frowned.

"Girls! Shhhh!" Spruce shushed her two friends. "You will wake Ken up! The poor dear is exhausted."

"No duh!" Mary mocked, before she smiled. "Although, can you blame him for looking so cute when he's asleep? He's like a tiny little earthling plushie that you could smother yourself to bed with!"

"Filli-Second! Control yourself!" Green Gardener berated the pink girl. "Remember, he's our host, and we are his guests. We must treat him with absolute respect in his own abode."

Suddenly, Ken turned in his sleep and he unknowingly wrapped his arms around Green Gardener, pulling her close for a hug, having mistaken her for a large pillow. To further the softness, he pulled her closer so that his cheek was smothered against her chest.

"Oh! Oh my!" Green exclaimed quietly, along with her friends who were just as surprised.

"Ooh, getting bold there, huh Radiance?" Mary bounced her eyebrows mischievously.

"What?! Don't be ridiculous!" Green replied with her face flustering a shade of pink. "It was all so sudden!"

"Mmm-hmmm," Mary continued to smirk mischievously, before she grins, "Then you won't mind if I snuggle with him from behind, don't you?" She asked, as she spoons Ken.

"Filli-Second! Remove yourself from him at once!" Green Gardener protested.

"Why don't you make me with those fancy bracelets of yours?" Mary grinned.

"Will you two knock it off?!" Dallas hissed.

*SNORT*

The sound of Ken snorting brought the girls' attentions back to the sleeping boy as he smacked his lips together, before he resumes sleeping, snuggling himself into Green Gardener's chest, while placing one of his hands on one of Mary's hands. Smiling in his sleep, he embraced both Green Gardener and Mary Allen, without evening knowing he was actually cuddling with them.

"Aw, look at how sweet and innocent he is~" Spruce cooed motherly. "I could just snuggle up to him right now!"

"Uh, Spruce? I'm not so sure if..." Trots whispered, watching as the kind girl crawls onto the bed and gently drops herself onto Ken.

"Well, we didn't exactly sneak into Ken's room for nothing," Dallas shrugged her shoulders as she decided to join both girls and boy in bed. "We need a place to sleep, so might as well."

"I hate to say it, but Marvelous's got a point," Aurora shrugged, as she decided to join in bed with the others. "Besides, no way I'm sleeping on the floor again." With that, the multicolored girl got into bed and was out like a bulb.

Trots Summer was the last to join in bed with her friends. She contemplated on whether or not to join in bed, with her friends, and Ken.


The Next Morning

"Ken...Oh Ken..." A soothing voice called, to which the young boy slowly opened his eyes up to see a blur of multicolors, burning brightly by the morning sunlight.

"Huh?" Ken rubbed his eyes, clearing his vision up to see the smiling faces of the Power Princesses, crowding around him, on bed. "Oh! Morning girls," Ken yawned casually, before his eyes burst open in alarm, and he was fully awake. "Girls?!" He exclaimed, turning his head to see Mary cuddling up to him on his left, with Green Gardener on his right.

"Morning Ken," Green greeted. "Did you have a pleasant sleep?"

"Uh, yeah," Ken replied, blushing a shade of pink. "When did you girls get here?"

"Just last night," Trots replied. "After we 'left', we snuck back into your room, through a window. And before you came to your room, we hid ourselves so you wouldn't know we were here."

"You...you hid yourself?!" Ken asked, further bewildered. "In my room?!"

"Yup!" Mary confirmed. "Me and Radiance hid in your bed. Marvelous and Zapp were under your bed. Spruce and Trots were hiding in your closet. And then we snuggled up to you, while you were asleep!" Mary smiled happily at the end.

"You...You...YOU WHAT?!!"

"Don't look so alarm, Ken," Trots waved her hands in assurance. "We just wanted to spend the night with you."

"Yeah, it's not like we have other places to sleep," Aurora added bluntly. "And it's not like we have the money of your planet to rent a room, or anything."

"Oh, right," Ken nodded in understanding. "Still, sneaking into my room, at night, while I'm asleep, that's a little creepy, even for you girls."

"We're sorry," The Power Princesses apologized.

"But for you girls, I'll let it slide," Ken shrugged as he smiled forgivingly to the alien girls. "Besides, you're all my guests, and your guide to Earthling ways. What kind of a host am I, if I let my guests sleep out on the street, huh?"

"We know you would never do that to us," Dallas said.

"So! Before anything more awkward happens," Ken began. "Can you all please get off of me?"

"Oh, sure, Ken!"

With that, the girls all let Ken up as he walks into the bathroom to brush his teeth, comb his hair, before he puts on a new set of clothes and he came out as a new guy. Upon walking out, he walked back into his room to see the Power Princesses were still there.

"You look splendid, darling!" Green commented.

"Thanks," Ken replied.

"Ken!" Wysteria called from downstairs. "Breakfast! Get it while it's hot!"

"Yeah, yeah!" Ken answered his mother. "I'm coming mom!" He turned to the Power Princesses to see them leaving through the window. "I'll see you girls again at school, right?"

"Of course, Ken," Trots replied as she was the last to leave the room. "We'll see you there."

"Great! See ya!" He waved, watching as the girls were all surrounded in Trots's telekinesis, gently floating down to the ground, before they left, unnoticed.

After that, Ken pulled the window down, picked up his backpack and ran down the stairs.

Author's Note:

Coming up next, our heroes and Ken will meet the Mane-iac for the first time and begin their first epic showdown in downtown Maretropolis.

PreviousChapters Next