• Published 31st Oct 2019
  • 6,587 Views, 248 Comments

The Power Princesses - Phantom-Dragon



The story of Ken Heathspike and the girls of his life, the Power Princesses.

  • ...
11
 248
 6,587

PreviousChapters Next
Snake in the House

It was a quiet night in Maretropolis. The Power Princesses arrived at Ken Heathspike’s residence, to begin another nightly patrol.

“Ken! We’re back!” Trot greeted, upon entering the front door. “Ken?”

Ken’s parents had left town to visit one of Ken’s uncles, out of the county. Cousin Megan, unfortunately, had to look after both Molly and Danny, who were feeling under the weather. This leaves Ken, mostly, home alone, with Delilah and the Power Princesses.

“Ken?” Trot called out. “Are you home?”

“Maybe he’s upstairs,” Aurora pointed.

The girls all went upstairs, and arrived at Ken’s bedroom.

Trot Summers poked her head into Ken's room, to find the tired boy was fast asleep at his desk, snoring, drooling, with a mess of flash cards all over his desk.

"Aw, the poor dear's tired," Green Gardener cooed.

"I don't blame 'im," Aurora crossed her arms. "I'd be bored out of my mind, if I have to spend an entire day, studying. Snooze fest..."

"Aurora," Trot Summers frowned. "There's nothing wrong with studying. Ken may be our apprentice. But he's still a student at his school. He needs to be at his very best if he wants to pass his upcoming test..."

"Whatever," The stormy girl shrugged.

"But...what are we gonna do with him now?" Dallas asked. "We're just about to do our nightly patrol around the city..."

"We'll just have to do 'em, without Ken," Trots suggested. "Let's just put him to bed."

With that, the girls all scooped Ken up from his chair, before they gently set him down on his bed, and pulled the blanket over him.

“Mmm, mom…” Ken moaned tiredly.

The girls couldn’t help but giggle, affectionately, to themselves.

“Aw!” They cooed.

“He’s just as precious when he’s asleep,” Spruce grinned.

“Indubitably,” Radiance added.

“Well, let’s just let him get his rest,” Dallas suggested as she exits the window. “We’ll come back, after we finish our patrol.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Zapp agreed as she followed behind.

“Let’s-a go!” Filli-Second zipped away.

Green Gardener was about to follow her friends, when she noticed Trot and Spruce weren't following.

"Trot? Spruce?" Radiance asked. "Are you coming, darlings?"

"In a moment," Spruce replied, as she gently patted the pillow and tucked Ken in. "He's just so cute when he's asleep."

Trot leaned in close and gave Ken a peck on the cheek, which seemed to shock, if not upset, Radiance.

“Goodnight, Ken,” Trot said softly. “Sweet dreams," Trot was about to exit the window, when Radiance stopped her.

"What was that?" Radiance asked.

"What?" Trot asked. "It was just a goodnight kiss. I thought he'd appreciate it."

"Hmph! Well..." Dashing back into the room, Radiance gave Ken another goodnight kiss, on the nose. "I'm certain his dreams will be even more sweeter now," Radiance smirked proudly to herself.

With that, the Power Princesses all took their leave. However, Saddle Rager quickly returned to give Ken a goodnight kiss, on the cheeks, and finish it off on the nose.

"Don't let the bed bugs bite, Ken," Saddle giggle, before she took her leave.


Later that night

Unfortunately, the Power Princesses had neglected to lock the front door, before they left. As a result, the door to the Heathespike residence slowly opened, and a person in burglar outfits lets themselves in.

However, upon closer look, it’s plain to see that burglar is not a person at all. But a python and a blue, wild yellow eyes, insane kangaroo, in a straitjacket.

After shedding their human disguise, the python took a glance around at the exterior, before he turned to his kangaroo partner-in-crime, and nodded. With that, the two animals proceeded to loot the household.

"Hmmm," The python hummed to himself as he rummages through the fridge. "Ham, chicken, fissssh, even more hamsss. Ooh! Beef! Yummy."

Using his massive coils, the python proceeded to wrap himself around the meats in the fridge, before he looked to see his insane friend, and his eyes widened in horror to see – somehow, despite the straitjacket he wore – the kangaroo had stacked a load of dynamites into the oven, and turned the oven on, set to explode.

"Ripper Roo!" The python exclaimed, as he quickly turned the oven off. "Are you inssssane?! You could've killed ussss all!"

"Ka-boom, ka-boom, KA-BOOM!!" The kangaroo, identified to be Ripper Roo, laughed out loud.

"We don't have time for that, or anymore of your thrill-sssssseeking anticsss,” The python hissed. “Now help me loot every food the humans have stored in this household!”

In response, Ripper Roo blew a slobbering raspberry in the snake’s face, but did as he was told.

However, their robbery didn’t go unheard. Disturbed by the commotion, Delilah was riled awake, but still drowsy. The sleepy Dalmatian fumbled, sleepily, into the kitchen, to see both python and kangaroo, looting the kitchen.

“What the devil?” Delilah yawned.

“Ka-boom!” Ripper Roo laughed, whipping out a dynamite, in his foot, but the snake stopped him.

“Let me try a sssssubtle approach?” The snake said, snuffing out the dynamite, before he slithered up to Delilah.

Delilah was still half-awake to realize she was in imminent danger, as the python looked deeply into the dog’s eyes, with swirls of colorful rings.

“Trussssssst in meeeeeeee,” The snake hissed, successfully hypnotizing Delilah, in a trance.


Meanwhile

The Power Princesses were doing their nightly patrol around the city, with Masked Matter-Horn filling in their latest agenda.

“We’ve got two escapees, on the loose, from the Maretropolis Fauna Research Center,” Masked Matter-Horn relayed via the comms.
“One experimental python named Kaa. And a heavily, unstable, mutated kangaroo named Ripper Roo. Both are classified as lethal and dangerous. So, let’s keep our wits about, tonight, girls.”

"Experimental python?" Zapp asked.

"Yes, they say that not only does Kaa posses an above average human intelligence but he can also speak and can hypnotize. that's how he and his partner escaped in the first place." Masked Matter-Horn explained.

"And this Ripper Roo?" Radiance asked.

"As I said, he's mentally unstable and has developed a "lovely" habit of blowing things up."

"By the Goddesses and they both came from the Maretropolis Fauna Research Center?!" Saddle Rager exclaimed.

"Yes, it would seem we may need to go over there and have a little... chat with them sooner or later." Masked Matter-Horn replied.

The heroines were about to carry on, with the task at hand, when Fili-Second felt a tingling sensation.

“Ooh! My Fili-Senses are tingling!” Filli-Second shuddered.

“What’s up, Fili?” Mistress Marvelous asked on the comm.

“I just had this sudden feeling that Ken may be in trouble!” Fili said.

“Hmmm, y’know, now that ya mentioned it,” Marvelous began. “So do I!”

“I think I can vouch for all of us, that we are all worried for Ken,” Saddle Rager spoke up, with the rest of the Power Princesses exchanging agreement.

“Yeah, as much as I’d like to take another shot at the Night Owl, as soon as we find her,” Zapp grumbled. “I can’t help but worry for the guy.”

“Then I guess we should all head back to Ken’s place to see if he’s alright,” Masked Matter-Horn suggested, with the heroines all in agreement.

“Last one there’s a rotten egg!” Fili-Second declared, being the first to dash off at lightning speed.


Back at the Heathspike residence, Delilah was rendered asleep and put in a cage.

In the meantime, both Ripper Roo and the python were just about to finish stealing every scraps of food in the household. Little did they know, Fili-Second had arrived.

The speedy girl was racing up to the bedroom, before doing a double take, and raced back down, to the kitchen to see a python and kangaroo in straitjacket, ransacking the kitchen.

Fili-Second was very much puzzled, “What the…”

“Fili?” Troy called on the comm. “What’s going on?”

“Oh, nothing much,” Fili replied casually. “Just a snake and a kangaroo raiding the fridge…” Fili’s eyes widened, coupled with a bounce when she realized. “A SNAKE AND A KANGAROO RAIDING THE FRIDGE?!”

“Hmm?” Kaa turned around, and was immediately alerted to see Fili-Second, standing in the room. “Hello there!” Kaa greeted.

“Fili? What’s happening?” Masked Matter-Horn asked from the comm.

But before Fili could respond, Kaa was already gazing into her eyes, in a mesmerizing stare.

“Jusssst what isss it you are doing in my home?” Kaa asked.

“I…I…I forgot,” Fili moaned, as she fell under Kaa’s spell. “What was I doing?”

“You are jussssst in time for sssssupper!” Kaa hissed, keeping his eyes on Fili-Second’s, as he coiled himself around the girl. “You are the main courssssse. UGH!”

Kaa grunted, when he was struck by a blast of electricity, repelling him back, with Ripper Roo.

“Goodness!” Spruce Spanner exclaimed, running up to her friend. “Fili! Are you alright?” The shy girl slapped her hands across her friend’s face a couple of time.

“Huh? Who? What? Where? When?” Fili stammered, waking up from Kaa’s spell.

“Oh! My sinus!” Kaa moaned, before he glared at whoever dared to interfere. “Who dares to—“

“Save it, tough guy!” Dallas Queen said, spinning her lasso at the ready. "We're onto your hypnotic spell, Kaa!"

"Ah, sssso you know my name? Hmmm?" Kaa chuckled sinisterly. "Well, I trusssst you know my asssssoccciate, Ripper Roo? He'ssss, how do you sssssay? A loossse cannon!"

As if to prove Kaa's point, Ripper Roo let out a maniacal laugh.

"Hey! Some of the people I meet think I'm a loose cannon, too!" Fili-Second chirped, before she assumed a fighting stance, and whipped out a familiar ball. “Time for a PIZZA BALL!!!”

“Fili, wait!” Masked Matter-Horn exclaimed, but too late.

BOOM!


From inside his room, Ken was startled by the noise.

“AH! Pizza?” Ken exclaimed, sleep talking. “Turtles? Mmmm…toss me a ninja…slice…Zzzz.”

With that, Ken plopped his head back down, and sleep.


Back in the fight, Kaa and Ripper Roo were plastered to the walls, covered in slices of pizza and sticky cheeses. They both had a complete look of utter shock, frozen on their faces.

“Fili!” Masked Matter-Horn berated. “We have to be quiet! Ken has a big test coming up, so we can’t wake him up!”

“Yeah? Tell them that!” Zapp pointed, to Kaa and Ripper Roo, who, at last, recovered.

“Let her rip, Roo!” Kaa ordered.

With a laugh, Ripper Roo, proceeded to bounce around the house, making a mess of the place, knocking down furnitures, threatening to break priceless works of arts and antiques.

“Oh no!” Radiance quickly conjured pink energy projection of cages, barriers, bubbles, and all sorts of things to protect the valuable objects.

Ripper Roo kept on bouncing, when he was stopped by Fili-Second.

“Gotcha!” In retaliation, Roo bit Fili-Second, on the hand. “AAA—“ Remembering Masked Matter-Horn’s order, Fili covered her mouth, before running out of the house, and out of the city, to scream her pain. “AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaauuuugh!”

With that done, Fili-Second raced back to rejoin the fight.

Back in the house, Kaa was being a slippery serpent, as he narrowly dodged and avoided the rest of the Power Princesses, who struggled to catch him, quietly, so as to not alert their boy wonder awake.

Fili-Second got back, but tripped over Kaa’s coil, in her haste. She fell headfirst, onto the floor, leaving her rump at the mercy of Ripper Roo. With a maniacal laugh, Ripper Roo kicked Fili-Second, at her most tender spot.

Brimming with too much pain and agony, Fili-Second raced out of the house, out of the sleeping city again, to scream her pain.

OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!” Fili-Second screamed, before she raced back to rejoin the fight.

Back in the house, Kaa was slithering for his life, with Ripper Roo bouncing around the house, threatening to destroy and vandalize much of the household, with Radiance protecting them, while Masked Matter Horn and Spruce Spanner were in hot pursuit of the insane kangaroo.

"Ripper Roo!" Masked Matter-Horn demanded, quietly. "We're not going to ask you again. Please, keep it down!"

In the meantime, Kaa looked through a drawer, looting through an assortment of everyday items, searching for whatever he could use to fight back with. Among them were a bouncing ball and several spiky jacks. At that moment, Fili-Second got back in the house. Unfortunately, in her haste, she had slipped on a stray banana peel.

"Whoa!" Fili-Second then came crashing back on the ground, on the pile of jacks Kaa had littered. "WHAA–" With tears pouring from her eyes, Fili covered her mouth, before she ran out of the house, back out of the city again, to scream out her pain.

"WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" Fili screamed, running around in circles, before she scooted across the ground, like a dog, to get the jacks out of her backside. "OW! EEK! OW! Oh, oh!" Then, as if to push the bizarre scene to the next level, Fili-Second was bouncing on her head, before she spins herself in circle on the ground, and pulled the jacks out. "Ooh, that stings."

Running back to the house, Fili-Second came back in time to see that Trot and Spruce have successfully subdued Ripper Roo, by freezing him in a block of ice.

"Now that the kangaroo's taken cared of," Trot panted heavily. "Now, for the snake. Where is he?"

"He's couldn't have gone far," Fili-Second sniffed the air. "He still has the foods he and the kangaroo stole. He's in the house! Let's spread out and find him."

With that, the Power Princesses went off in six separate directions. Once the coast is clear, Kaa quivered as he poked his head from out of a potted plant. Swallowing a lump, Kaa was about to leave when...

"Peekaboo! I see you!" Fili-Second pointed at the python, who slithered off for his life. "He's down here girls!"

Once inside the closet, Kaa panted heavily as he ranted to compose himself.

“Thissss can’t be happening!” Kaa hissed. “The curssssed Power Princcccessssessss? Here?! OF ALL PLACCCCESSS?! Without my accomplicccce, I don’t ssssstand a chanccce againssssst their sssssuper powersssss! What do I do?”

“Surrender yourselves to the authorities?” Zapp suggested.

“Hmmm, too easssy,” Kaa replied casually.

However, Kaa quickly did a double take, as he looked up to see Zapp, was also in the closet. With a scream, Kaa took off, slithering for his life, while dodging the rest of the Power Princesses' attempts to catch him.

Fili-Second pounced from the side, and grabbed Kaa, "Ha! Gotcha!" In retaliation, Kaa used his tail to snatch a rolling pin, clocking Fili-Second on the hands, her head, her stomach, and her foot. "AH–" Covering her mouth again, Fili-Second limped out of the house, back into the countryside again, letting out her painful wails.

"Ouch! Oomph! OH! YOW!" She screamed in the reverse order she's been hit, before she returned to the fight.

By the time Fili-Second returns, she finds that the rest of the Power Princesses were searching the house, with Kaa nowhere in sight. Not even his frozen accomplice, Ripper Roo, was anywhere in sight.

"What did I miss?" Fili-Second asked. "Where's that slimy snake and crazy kangaroo?"

"That sneaky snake gave us the slip again," Zapp replied. "He just swallowed something, and next, he just breathed a large cloud of smoke."

"And by the time we cleared the air, both he and Ripper Roo are gone!" Masked Matter-Horn added. "So, I guess we're just gonna have to tidy up the place."

"You girls do that," Zapp said as she raced up to the room. "I'm just gonna go and check up on Ken."

"Let me help!" Fili offered, racing around the house. "The sooner we get this place cleaned up, the quicker we can get back to finding Kaa and Ripper Roo and bring them to justice! There!"

In a heartbeat, Fili-Second had cleaned up the entire house, making it look as if a battle never took place in the residence.

"C'mon girls, let's go!" Fili-Second chirped, before she realized the party was missing of one member. "Hey! Where's Zapp?"

The Power Princesses found Zapp, standing at the doorway, of Ken's bedroom, petrified.

"Zapp?" Dallas asked, as she walks up to her friend. "What's wrong? Ya looked like you've seen a....a...a...a...a..."

The rest of the girls followed suit, and were shocked to see Kaa, wrapping Ken in his coil, and Ripper Roo, about to light up a dynamite, in the boy’s mouth.

"Don't...even...move!" The snake whispered harshly. "One false move from any one of you...and my friend will blow this kid's head to kingdom come!"

"Don't even think about it!" Masked Matter-Horn threatened.

"We’ll do it!" Kaa threatened. "This dynamite is loaded. Specifically 8 tons of mega work that will blow the kid to pieces, and then I’ll eat them up, piece by piece!"

"Please, leave him alone!" Spruce Spanner pleaded. "He's just a kid. And he's tired."

"He's tired? What about me?" Kaa argued. "We’ve been trapped in this house. I've been running around all night, from you...you... With an insane kangaroo! I'm the one who's tired!"

"Don't you dare hurt him!" Zapp growled.

"I'll do it!" Kaa said, tightening his hold on Ken, with Ripper Roo lighting a match. "We’ll blast him! And it'll be your fault..."

"Please! NO!" Fili-Second pleaded.

However, before the snake and kangaroo had a chance, Kaa was suddenly hit in the face, from a headbutt attack. Ken, in his sleep, proceeded to grab Ripper Roo, by the tail, and used the insane kangaroo as a club, thrashing him, and pounding Kaa, to a pulp.

"Alright, Ken!" The Power Princesses cheered for the sleeping boy.

"Bing-Bong!" Ken said randomly, before he plopped back down in his bed, and resumed sleeping.

With the disaster averted, and Ken safe and sound asleep, the Power Princesses made short work of Kaa and Ripper Roo, before throwing them out of the house, to the authorities.

"And stay out!" Fili-Second shouted, before closing the door.

Author's Note:

New villains:

Birthplace: Indian jungle
VA: Jim Cummings

A genetically modified boa constrictor who can not only talk, but has hypnosis powers as well.

Birthplace: Austrailia
VA: N/A

Kaa's partner in crime. A crazy kangaroo strapped in a straight jacket and has unusual blue fur. He speaks in maniacal laughter that, somehow, only Kaa can understand.

PreviousChapters Next