• Published 31st Oct 2019
  • 6,534 Views, 247 Comments

The Power Princesses - Phantom-Dragon



The story of Ken Heathspike and the girls of his life, the Power Princesses.

  • ...
11
 247
 6,534

PreviousChapters Next
The Gangs of Maretropolis Part 5 – Westtails – Zapp

”Attention Maretropolis High! The school’s club fair is now open. Starting today, after school, feel free to go out into the school’s gymnasium and find a club you are interested in joining. Thank you and have a nice day!”


Later that day, after their last class period, Ken and friends headed on down to the courtyard to find the place was packed with booths of clubs, looking for potential members.

Among the club booths, stood Brick and Boomer, dressed in detective outfits, while sponsoring for their latest club dubbed The Mystery Solvers Club.

“Listen up everyone!” Brick announced. “The Brick and Boomer’s Mystery Solvers Club is now accepting applications.” Brick tapped on the clipboard.

“Join us on our crusade to solve all the unsolved mysteries of Maretropolis,” Boomer spoke up. “Including who the Power Princesses and their boy wonder, really are!”

Ken’s eyes widened upon hearing the mission statement from the two jokers.

“A club dedicated to discovering the secret identities of our heroes?” May asked, expressing her interest.

“Sounds my kind of place!” Gwen agreed, much to Ken’s worry. “If it wasn’t run by those jokers,” Gwen huffed, which Ken breathed a sigh of relief.

End of theme

One of the last thing he wanted was for his friends to join a club, run by Brick and Boomer.

"So Ken?" Gwen began. "See anything you're interested in joining?"

“Hmmm, let’s see,” Ken looked around at all the club booths on display. “Wow, there’s so many to choose from…”

One club of interest is the Robotics Club, run by Aurelia Lightbringer.

“Come join the robotics club,” Aurelia welcomed. “Reserved only for geniuses.”

‘Uh, might want to check somewhere else,’ Ken thought, feeling greatly intimidated by Aurelia’s dominating attitude.

The second club of interest is the Chemistry Club, run by Nova Potts.

“Welcome to the Chemistry Club!” Nova welcomed with a fountain of rainbow liquids. “Come explore the artful pursuit of chemistry!”

“Ooh! Pretty!” Gwen marveled.

“I think we have a winner,” Ken commented, deciding to join Nova’s club, while checking out some more clubs to join.

There was a Cooking Club, a Sports Club, a Fencing Club, an Art Club, a Drama Club, a Music Club. Even an Animal Rescue Club, run by none other than Spruce Spanner.

“Maretropolis Animal Shelter needs lots of volunteers,” Spruce Spanner said, while handing out flyers. “Won’t you help an animal that can’t help itself?”

"Hey Spruce!" Ken greeted, as he and his posse walked up to the alien girl in disguise.

"Oh! Hi Ken!" Spruce smiled, holding out a flyer for the boy and his friends. "Are you interested in joining the Animal Rescue Club?"

"I'll join," Ken complied, before he turns to ask his friends for their opinions. "How about it, guys? You joining?"

"I'll join!" Thor volunteered as he joined Ken by his side. "I love animals, and I like to help them."

"Me too," May joined, as she joined the club. "I could even promote the club's activity on my Power Blog!"

"Well, if you're all joining, then I guess I'm in too," Gwen said, walking up to join her friends by their sides. Though, mostly Ken's as she clasped her hands around his arm, on his right.

"Hey Spruce," A voice greeted, revealing herself to be none other than Phoenix Dawn. "Good news! I just talked some other class–Oh! こんにちは友達 (Hello my friends)!” She greeted upon noticing Ken and friends.

“こんにちはフェニックス!” Thor returned the greeting. “Are you a member of the Animal Rescue Club, too?”

“Oh no,” Phoenix shook her head. “I’m just helping Spruce to promote her club. In fact, all I’ve been doing is helping all these clubs get more members…”

“Wow, that’s very kind of you, Phoenix!” Gwen smiled in admiration.

“Even Brick and Boomer?” Ken asked, worryingly.

In response, Phoenix scoffed and rolled her eyes, “Like I’d help those two bakas unmask our heroes? After all the good they’ve done for our city?”

“Yeah, I know right?” Ken nodded in agreement.

“I don’t know,” May said out loud. “There are a lot of people in this city who would kill to expose the identity of our heroes.”

“Oh c’mon, there can’t be that many, right?” Spike scoffed.

“Well, first off, there’s our Mayor Verko, for one,” May pointed. “And then there’s a Mr. Buried Lede from the Daily Mendacium. And right about now, all the criminals running in the city, who are more than happy to peel back the masks off of—“

“Okay! Okay, I get it,” Ken replied, accepting his defeat. “I guess there are some people who would kill to expose our-their secret identities…but in case you know your superhero comics, a superhero’s got to keep their identities a secret, or it won’t be a secret anymore and…their loved ones will be in danger.”

“True,” May nodded. “But there have been times when it backfires greatly, like Spider-Man with the Green Goblin, who turns out to be Norman Osborn, the father of Peter Parker’s best friend.”

“Oh my goodness!” Spruce gasped in shock. “That must’ve been hard on Peter Parker.”

“It’s a heavy a responsibility,” Ken shook his head. “It’s the burden that comes with wearing a mask. You’re this seemingly normal person one moment, and then you’re someone else the next, and it’s like, your closest friends have become your enemies.”

“We all wear masks,” Phoenix said solemnly. “The question is: which is real? What hides our face, or if it is our face.”

“Wow, that’s deep!” Thor commented.

At that moment, Phoenix’s phone rang, which she then looked to see a notification on her electronic.

“Oh no. I’m late!” Phoenix exclaimed, before she took off. “I gotta get to Kirin’s Care to help my mom. さよなら(Sayonara)!”

“Sayonara!” Ken and friends waved their friend goodbye.

At that moment, a pair of hands reached out and covered Ken’s eyes, “Guess who?”

“Hey Aurora,” Ken guessed. “What’s up?”

“What’s up is up top,” Aurora pointed to the rooftop. “C’mon!”

Aurora was about to pull Ken away, when Gwen stopped them.

“W-Wait!” Gwen asked. “Where’re you going? Can we come too?”

“Uh, sorry, Gwen,” Ken apologized. “But this is something between me and Aurora…”

“Oh really?” Gwen asked suspiciously. “And what’s so important about it that you’re willing to ditch us?”

“I’m not ditching anyone!” Ken said in his defense. “I’ve just got a lot on my plate.”

“Not that I’m choosing sides, or anything, Ken, but… I’m with Gwen here,” Thor spoke up. “Ever since you started making friends with those six new girls, it’s like you’ve become a different person. We don’t get to see you that often anymore. And that’s not like you.”

Realizing what he’s doing to his friends and how it’s affecting them, Ken felt guilt ridden as he sighed, “I’m sorry, I…I didn’t know what I was doing to you guys, but I…”

“He’s helping us get more familiarize with this city,” Aurora said, coming to Ken’s rescue.

“Definitely!” Spruce joined in, helping Ken. “Ken’s been a terrific help! If not for him, we would be lost.”

“Oh? Really?” Gwen asked, starting to feel ashamed for jumping to a wrong conclusion. “I…I…”

“Anyway, I’ll see you later!” Ken said as he and Aurora quickly took their leave.


Later, out in the big city, once again, Ken suited up to become Hum Drum, patrolling the city, with the electrifying swordswoman, Zapp, by his side.

“I don’t feel good about this,” Hum Drum expressed his discomfort. “I’ve never lied in my whole life before. But here I am, lying to my friends, just to hide the fact I’m…Hum Drum?”

“Well, you’re the one who was feeling out about living the double life of a hero,” Zapp countered.

“I know, I know… But these past weeks, I’ve been under a lot… pressure, y’know? One moment, I’m just playing video games, reading comics, and walking Delilah. Next minute, I’m fighting bad guys, saving lives, and… Being a hero is hard work.”

“But it can be exciting,” Zapp reassured. “You wanna know how I do it?”

“How?”

“I just wing it. Trust me, Hum Drum. When you stop worrying and not overthink things, you’re living in the fast lane, with nothing weighing you down.”

“Uh huh,” Hum Drum noted. “So! What’s the agenda for today?” He asked, while mentally hoping, 'Please, not another wild goose chase for the Night Owl.'

"Well, as much as I'd like to hunt down that Night Owl and give her a night she'll never forget," Zapp snarled, with one of her eyes twitching. "Today, I just heard from the MPD's radio channel that they've been swamped with reports of 'street races' conducted by a gang who called themselves, the Westtails?"

"The Westtails," Hum Drum noted. "Ooh, these guys have been giving my dad and his police force a lot of griefs."

"Who are they?"

"They're modern greasers – men who grease their hairs back and members of a motorcycle gang. They're all about illegal underground races that can kill bystanders and destroy streets, and they've got a longstanding rivalry with the Longclaw Clan."

"The Longclaw Clan? As in that same cult of martial artist fanatics you and Fili-Second dealt with the other day?"

"Yep, that's the one."

"Huh, wonder what their issues are?"

"I don't know. But I think we'll worry about that later. Let's go stop these guys before they tear up another street. Where's their race happening?"

"Uh, from what I heard, they're happening on the west side, so let's go!"

With that, Zapp unsheathed her sword, conjuring bolts of lightnings from the air, allowing her to surf and take flight, with Hum Drum following on his spring boots, and using his cape to glide.

"C'mon, Hum Drum!" Zapp called out to the young hero-in-training. "Keep up with me!"

"I'm going as fast as I can," Hum Drum replied.

"Try using your grappling hook!" Zapp advised. "Use it as a slingshot!"

"As a slingshot?" Hum Drum asked, before he gets the idea. "Oh!"

The boy reached into his utility belt and pulled out his grappling hook gun. Unfortunately, in the process, Hum Drum released his grip on his cape, causing him to cease his glide.

"Uh oh!" Hum Drum whimpered, before he began to fall from a ten-story height.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" Hum Drum screamed, falling towards the street.

"Hum Drum!" Zapp shouted, making a sharp turn and makes a dive for the boy.

Hum Drum fumbled with his grappling hook gun, struggling to hold it properly to aim and pull the trigger. By the time Hum Drum finally got a hold of his gun, he was inches from hitting the pavement, when he felt a wave of shocking jolts that ran all over his body, making his hair stand on end.

He opened his eyes and looked to see that Zapp had saved him, and was carrying him in the air, bridal style.

"Oh Ken..." Zapp shook her head in annoyance.

"Uh...thank you?" Ken whimpered in embarrassment.

"Just...don't get too used to it, okay?" Zapp frowned. "This may be the last time I have to save you..."

Hum Drum nodded, looking ashamed of himself, as Zapp continued to carry him and her for the rest of their flight.


West Side of Maretropolis

Upon arriving at the west part of the city, Hum Drum and Zapp found a perch, atop the roof of a building, where they can survey the streets.

"Looks quiet," Zapp observed. "I'm guessing the race hasn't started yet."

"Great!” Hum Drum sighed, relieved that both he and Zapp possibly have time. “Then—“

“Hold on,” Zapp’s words were quickly eaten, when the sound of motorcycles roaring pierced the streets.

Before long, several motorcyclists were speeding down the streets, on their motorcycles, whooping and hollering at the top of their lungs.

Hum Drum and Zapp watched the chaotic race unfold, with the Westtails gang hardly showing any care or concern for the pedestrians. They deliberately raced through red lights, and often used innocent cars as obstacles, or means to hinder their opponents’ progress.

“These guys are all over the road!” Hum Drum frowned. “They’ll kill someone if we don’t stop them!”

“Then it’s juice and jam time!” Zapp said, with a spin of her sword, cracking thunder and lightning. “Let’s rock and roll!”

Live and Learn — Crush 40

Zapp swooped down and slashed her sword at the bikers, “HALT!” Zapp barked, firing lightning bolts from her sword.

But the bikers, however, hardly seemed faze. Instead, they took the opportunity to mock the Power Princess.

“Hey fellas! Look it!” One of the Westtails scoffed. “It’s the Night Owl’s girlfriend!”

Irked, Zapp shouted, “I’M NOT HER GIRLFRIEND!!!”

With an angry scream, Zapp focused her rage into her sword, channeling a surge of electricity to snatch the bikers’ motorcycles from underneath them.

“HEY! What the—“ The bikers watched in shock, emotionally speaking, as Zapp destroyed their bikes, right in front of their eyes. "Hey, lady! What gives?"

"This race is over!" Zapp repeated, with her sword pulsing with electricity.

"Over?" One of the bikers scoffed, before he pointed. "It's just getting started."

Zapp looked up, to see that more bikers were coming down the streets, followed by a stampede of automobiles, that appeared dented, bruised, and looked as if they've seen better days.

Among the Westtails, was a tall lanky, pal light green man, with thin mustaches, dressed in a purple suit, who happened upon a DeLorean car.

"A DeLorean," The man began, as he loudly proclaims, "I'll steal it! No one will ever know!"

With that, the man jumped into the driver's seat, closed the door, taking the DeLorean for himself, and took it out for a joyride, right when an old man in a lab coat, with a bruise on his head, and a young teenage boy, came walking out of a corner drug store.

"Alright, Marty, with these new pluto–WHAT THE!" The old man immediately dropped his shopping bags, when he noticed the DeLorean was missing. "Where'd the time machine go?"

Back in the fight, Zapp was slashing her swords, attempting to stop the other Westtail gangsters from going through with their race. But there were so many, and some of them had dismounted and overwhelmed her with their sheer number.

"ZAPP!" Hum Drum shouted, shooting his grappling hook to swing down and knock some of the thugs, off of his friend. "Zapp, are you okay?"

"I'm fine now," Zapp replied, before she turned her attention at the Westtails speeding away. "I'll go after the racers. You take care of the goons here!"

"Leave 'em to me!" Hum Drum said, as he unsheathed his retractible metal bo staff, while Zapp took off on a lightning bolt, to chase the other racers. "Okay boys! Bring it!"

The Westtail goons all charged in, throwing punches and kicks at Hum Drum, who retaliated with a spin of his metal staff, he blocked and counterattacked some of the surrounding thugs' attacks. Ken twisted his body for a low sweep, to trip a thug off his feet, causing him to fall flat on his face. With a jump, Hum Drum leapt to the air and slammed his staff onto the downed thug. Just then, gunfires were heard, to which a startled Hum Drum proceeded to duck his head and roll himself to safety, away from the firing gunshots, ducking behind a car.

Once the gunfires stopped, Hum Drum cautiously looked through a car's smashed window to see that the thug was reloading his gun, giving Hum Drum an open window of opportunity. Reaching into his utility belt, Hum Drum pulled out his Nerf Gun and used it to fire an elephant toothpaste bullet, at the thug's face, exploding into a mess of colorful foams, upon impact.

"AH! What the hell is this stuff?" The thug groaned, dropping his gun. "It stings!"

With the thug blinded, Hum Drum jumped in and slammed his metal bo staff hard on the thug's head, knocking him out cold.

With one less thug to worry about, Hum Drum turned his attention on the remaining Westtails he needed to contend with.

During the fight, Zapp would make some occasional calls on his communicator.

“Yo, Hum Drum!” Zapp called. “Talk to me! How are ya doing?”

“These guys aren’t so tough without their rides,” Hum Drum commented. “But they’ve got guns!”

“I don’t know where I am,” Zapp replied. “But I’ll see you down the road! I gotta stop these racers first, before they hurt someone!”

“Do what you have to do, Zapp!” Hum Drum replied. “I’ll try not to die…hopefully.”

Once the call ended, Hum Drum resumed fighting the surrounding Westtails thugs.

“C’mon, enough already!” Hum Drum frowned.

Some of the thugs continue to charge in, throwing kicks and punches at Hum Drum, while others hang back to provide cover for their comrades, by firing their guns at Hum Drum.

Again, Hum Drum had to move fast, ducking behind parked cars, newspaper stands, and mailboxes, to avoid being shot.

“C’mon, he’s just a kid!” One of the thugs spatted. “Get him!”

Hum Drum was hiding behind a car, frantically trying to come up with a new strategy.

Suddenly, he heard the sound of a stone breaking upon impact, and a man groaning in pain.

“Huh? Marv?” One of the thugs asked in concern. “How many fingers am I holding?”

Hum Drum poked his head from his hiding spot to see that one of the thugs was hit on the head, by what appears to be a block of bricks.

Before long, another brick came falling down on the Westtails, followed by another and another.

Hum Drum looked up, adjusting his mask lens, zooming in to see a girl, somewhere around his age, with scruffy magenta hair, in a black hoodie and green cargo pants, was throwing bricks on the Westtails, from the rooftop of a three story building.

Using the distraction to his advantage, Hum Drum proceeded to finish off some of the thugs who’ve been hit by the bricks, while the others were shooting their guns in vain at the young girl, on the rooftop.

During the fight, however, Hum Drum was accidentally hit on the head by a brick, which knocked him into a silly daze.

Poor Ken couldn’t help himself but see stars and tweety birds dancing around his head. To further his temporary loss of sanity, the young hero-in-training was skipping down the streets, to the tunes of Tales From Vienna Woods, playing in his head.

Upon coming across a lamppost, Hum Drum held his arms out to spin himself back to where he came from.

Still in his daze, Hum Drum turned to a bruised and battered thug.

“Hello there!” He greeted.

Snapping out of his stupor, the thug grabbed Hum Drum by his cape, throwing his hand out for a punch. But Hum Drum, still dizzy, ducked his head, causing the thug to swing himself off balance.

Making sure she wouldn’t hit him again, the girl on the roof carefully aimed another brick, hitting it directly on the thug’s head.

With that, the thug was knocked just as silly, as he and Hum Drum danced for a moment, before they fell on the street, with Hum Drum left standing, in his stupor.

Just then, several bikers and cars came speeding around a corner.

Zapp was giving chase, when she saw Hum Drum, in the path of the racers.

“HUM DRUM!” Zapp screamed.

“Huh?” Hum Drum came to his senses, just in time to see the speeding racers coming at him. “YIPE!“

With his life flashing before his eyes, Hum Drum leapt to the side, narrowly evading the oncoming vehicles.

“Whoa, that was close…” Hum Drum exclaimed.

“Too close,” Zapp said, when she came for a landing. “You okay, Hum Drum?”

“Aside from a bump on the head,” Hum Drum rubbed the inflicted spot on his head. “I’m okay. I took out these goons, with some help.” He pointed up, directing Zapp’s attention to the young girl, on the rooftop.

Upon realizing she was seen, the girl crouched down, behind a wall. But Zapp and Hum Drum both flew up to meet the girl, regardless.

“Hey,” Zapp greeted the girl. “My friend told me you helped him taking out some of the Westtails!”

“I was trying to hit them,” The girl said, turning to Hum Drum with a faint blush. “Sorry for the friendly fire.”

“Apology accepted,” Hum Drum replied, rubbing his head. “Though, you’ve got a good throw. You a baseball player?”

“Yeah, actually,” the girl confirmed. “I was a pitcher in the Little Wolf team. But I’m a huge fan of the Maretime Bay baseball team!”

“Good to know.”

“Yeah, good to know,” Zapp commented. “Anyway, thanks for the help, kid.”

“Scootaloo!” The girl introduced herself. “Name’s Scootaloo.”

“…Right, Scootaloo,” Zapp acknowledged. “Anyway, we got this. Appreciate the help, but we’ll stop those Westtails.”

“Then you gotta bring me along,” Scootaloo persisted.

“It’s too dangerous!”

“But I know where they’re hiding out!”

This caught both Hum Drum and Zapp’s attentions.


Westtail Gang’s Hideout — Maretropolis JunkyardKamen Rider Horobi Theme

Hum Drum, Zapp, and their new friend, Scootaloo, have arrived at a junkyard, where rusted, broken down cars are being crushed, melted, and scrapped by the machinery.

“Whoa,” Zapp exclaimed. “What a dump!”

“It’s how they liked it,” Scootaloo explained. “They even got a stadium, over there, across those scrapped semi trucks,” She pointed to the said remains of trucks. “That’s also where their race is going to end.”

“Then that’s also where we finish them off!” Zapp said, eagerly spinning her sword, cracking the air with thunder and lightning.

“Mind if I get a front seat?” Scootaloo asked.
“I wouldn’t want to miss this!”

Hum Drum and Zapp both turn to each other and look, exchange a shrug.

“Not to turn you down, but why do you want to stop these crooks so badly?” Hum Drum asked. “Don’t get me wrong. Just about everyone wants these jerks put away, but you seem to have it personal.”

Scootaloo took a deep breath, before she answered, “These creeps have been harassing my aunts at their cafe for some time now! I just want to stop them and put them in their places!”

“You’ve got moxie, kid,” Zapp complimented. “I like that.”

Just then, a commotion was heard, alerting the trio of the returning Westtails.

“Let’s do this!” Zapp smirked, with her sword at the ready.

In a crack of lightning, Zapp took to the air, surfing on a lightning bolt, and unleashed a storm of lightning bolts upon the racing Westtails, and being down mountains of scrapped cars on the road.

“That is so cool!” Scootaloo exclaimed excitedly.

“Look out!” Hum Drum shouted, ducking both himself and Scootaloo down, after being an inch away from getting zapped.

“Hey, Zapp!” Hum Drum called. “Watch the friendly fire!”

Back in the fight, Zapp was swooping down in the Westtails, who have gotten out of their rides, and opened fire on the lightning girl.

Unfortunately, for them, Zapp was moving too fast, and slashed her sword, repelling their bullets away from her, sending waves of lightning bolts to add the intensity.

“Is that all you got?” Zapp scoffed, before she threw her sword at the Westtails, which spins like a boomerang, cutting down the Westtails, and the surrounding junk loads, before coming back to her.

Then, as if to show off another of her skills, Zapp spun herself into a tornado, firing rapid bolts of lightning in every directions as she cuts even more of the Westtails vehicles, like a buzz saw to trees.

“This is so cool!” Scootaloo exclaimed excitedly. “She’s winning! She’s got them on the run!”

However, it wasn’t meant to last. After a moment of spinning, Zapp stopped for a moment to catch her breath. She could hardly hold Thunderer up to her head.

Worried, Hum Drum shouted his concern to his friend, “Zapp! Zapp! What’s the matter?”

“Just…need…to…recharge…” Zapp panted heavily.

Upon seeing their opportunity to strike back, the Westtails quickly regrouped and charged in on the worn out Power Princess.

The thugs picked up whatever part remains of their destroyed rides, from a tire, to a beat up pipe, they swung their weapons at Zapp, who proceeded to fight back to defend herself with her sword.

But without her precious electric powers, the Power Princess wasn’t putting much power into the fight than she was before. And the growing numbers of the Westtails was starting to overwhelm her.

"We have to help her!" Scootaloo said frantically, while turning to Hum Drum, seeing he was already struggling to pry a car's hood open. "What are you doing?"

"Zapp needs power! She needs to recharge!" Hum Drum explained as he pried the hood of the car open, and proceeded to unplug the car's battery. "She needs a new battery!"

Once the electric box was unplugged from the car’s engine, Hum Drum proceeded to carry the battery to Zapp, who was barely holding off against the Westtails.

The sword wielding Power Princess was panting heavily, with her body covered in bumps, bruises, and scratches shown through the tears on her uniform.

Zapp slashed her sword to block a pipe swing from a thug, while kicking another thug away, but received a hit to the thigh, from a chain whip.

“Zapp!” Hum Drum called to the girl. “I’ve got something for you!”

With a swing of his arm, Hum Drum threw the car battery towards Zapp, who caught the box, in on hand, and absorbed what little electricity was left. With that, Zapp electrocuted some of the attacking Westtails, before she was drained of her powers.

“I need more power!” Zapp said, resuming the fight.

“AAAAAHHH!!!” A cry came from Scootaloo, which Hum Drum turned around and looked, to see the girl was held by a tall, brutish thug. “Put me down you big bully!”

Firing a grappling hook from his gun, Hum Drum hooked the other end of the line, onto the hood of a car, and with a click, he zipped himself towards the thug, landing a strong kick to the face, knocking the hulking man’s teeth out. Before the man had time to recover, he was suddenly electrocuted by Hum Drum, who jabbed a stun gun onto his neck.

Completely fried, the thug collapsed onto his knee and was out like a bulb.

“Thanks for the save!” Scootaloo thanked Hum Drum.

“No problem!” At that moment, a bulb lit up in Hum Drum’s head.

“Why didn’t I think of this?” With his stun gun in hand, Hum Drum ran towards Zapp, “Hey Zapp! Will this be enough watts?”

Hum Drum threw his stun gun to Zapp, who caught it, and absorbed the high voltage contained in the gun.

Fortunately, the stun gun packs enough electricity to fully recharge Zapp, who takes to the air, in a flurry of an electric storm.

“Alright punks!” Zapp pointed, raising her sword up. “You’re done tearing up the streets, with your psychotic and brainless street race! It ends NOW!”

With a swing of her sword, the sky above Zapp cracked with thunder and lightning, as she directed it all, onto the frightened Westtails, who scattered and hide themselves among the wreckage of the destroyed vehicles.

“Mark my words! If I hear any of you doing another illegal race, or harassing any innocent people again, you’re going to hear it from me! IS THAT CLEAR?”

To frighten to answer, the Westtails simply nodded their heads, while cowering beneath the wreckage, and huddled together.

With that, the battle was over, and the trio were on their way out.

End of fight


That night, after defeating the Westtails, and taking Scootaloo home to her aunts, both Hum Drum and Zapp sat on a rooftop, having ice creams, to toast another day’s work.

"Cheers!" Hum Drum and Zapp said, clinking their ice creams together.

“Your swordsmanship is a sight to behold,” Hum Drum complimented.

“You’re really getting the hang of it with that slingshot technique,” Zapp returned.

“Then, you think I have what it takes to be a Harmonus Defender, like you gals?” Hum Drum asked eagerly.

“You’re getting there, Hum Drum,” Zapp smirked. “But I will say this. You’re getting 20% cooler each day.”

"Yoo-hoo~" A sultry voice taunted, to which Zapp cringed as she and Hum Drum turned to see a familiar owl-themed master thief, perched on a rooftop.

"Uh oh..." Hum Drum muttered, knowing what comes next.

"THERE SHE IIIIIIIS!" Zapp screamed, already giving chase after the Night Owl. "I'M GONNA MAKE YOU KISS MY SWORD!"

PreviousChapters Next