• Published 31st Oct 2019
  • 6,587 Views, 248 Comments

The Power Princesses - Phantom-Dragon



The story of Ken Heathspike and the girls of his life, the Power Princesses.

  • ...
11
 248
 6,587

PreviousChapters Next
The Mane-Iac Strikes

"Greetings, this is Sam T. Eagle giving you the latest updates on the affairs of Maretropolis, Washington. Strange happenings have been going on in our beloved city as of late. In the past several days, mysterious figures having popping across the city putting stop to criminals wherever they can. From foiling jewel heists, catching car thieves, and rescuing kidnapped victims. Just who are these individuals? No one knows but we have some eyewitness accounts that might help us in this endeavor."

“She was awesome!" Said a girl who was around Ken's age. In appearance, she has moderate cerise hair that is don in style like that of a punk rockstar, and wears a light gray zipped up jacket with turquoise hems on the sleeves and bottom of the jacket, matching boots, green cargo pants, and wears a turquoise wristband with white stripe on the left hand. "She was as fast as lightning, and she was carrying that awesome sword! She sure gave those Westtails what for!”

Then it cuts to a young man, in appearance he has a messy long blonde hair tied up in a bun, with grayish cerise eyes. For attires, he wears a brown hippie vest, with worn blue jean, and brown shoes. “Well, I’m not one to stretch the truth, but I saw it with my own eyes, that little lady in the tightest tights I ever saw, all sparkly and shocking just to amaze moi.”

Next up is an old lady “My eyes may not be what they used to be, but low and behold when I first saw that little lady with a golden rope. She saved me, my daughter in law and my grandkids from those awful Wind Shadows.”

And lastly, is a couple in baking outfits. “We could’ve sworn, we had cupcakes here. But in just a second, there was a blur of pink and they’re gone, with a few coins and dollars in their places.”

We then cut back to Sam, "Hmmm, very interesting. Who ever these figures are, they seem to be cleaning up the city of criminals. Have our prayers finally have been answered? Only time will tell. In other news, The Niriks seem to want to expand their territory as they've viscously attacked the Diamond Dogs the last couple days but interestingly, they've left the Fire Devils alone so far. More on this as it develops."


One Week Later

It was Saturday afternoon and Ken was walking with Delilah, heading over to a certain restaurant to grab some lunch. Both his parents are at work and his friends are doing their own thing. Thor, along with his mom and bro, were out of town, visiting some relatives in Olympia for the weekend and Gwen is currently hanging out with her older sister, Gwonda. Ken doesn't know what his gal pals from outer space were doing but he felt it was best not to bother them right now.

However, he hears someone calling out his name, "Hey Ken!" He turns to see said alien girls heading his way.

"Girls!" Ken exclaimed, as he and Delilah stopped to greet them. "What're you doing here? I thought you were out patro-uh, I mean, going out to see the city."

"We were," Mary Allen replied. "But we kinda got lost." She finished sheepishly, scratching the back of her head.

"But thank Bonnie and Faust we found you," Trots Summer smiled. "I figured for the rest of the day, we'll just stick with you, considering you're our only guide and all." She hesitated for a second before adding, "And... we want to know a little more about you."

Ken blushed, "Oh... well then, any.. particular reason?" he asked.

"Well since your our only guide on this planet, It'd be pretty rude of us NOT getting to know ya." Dallas replied.

"Well, I'm off to grab some grub. Wanna come? We could talk there." Ken said.

the girls thought about it for a moment, "Well we are a little hungry ourselves so why not." Trot said.

"Great! I know just the place." Ken said as he and Delilah leads them to their destination.


"Whelp, here we are." Ken said as they stopped in front of a restaurant with a big label on top that says 'BUCKING BRONCO'.

"Interesting and you said your oldest cousin runs it?" Trots asked.

"Yep, it wasn't easy but she managed to pull it off." Ken replied.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's grab something to bite!" Aurora said, excited to try out the food here.

The others nodded and headed inside. Before Ken and Trots entered the establishment, the latter turns to him, "Don't worry about paying our meals, we got it covered."

"Well, if you say so. Oh Trots one more thing, whatever you do, do NOT bring up Aurelia around my cousin Danny. Cause if you do, he'll go into a two hour rant about her, if we're lucky." Ken said.

"Why?" She asked, arching an eyebrow.

"They have a bit of a rivalry going on and more or less hate each others guts." He replied.

"Duly noted." Trots said as they made their way inside.

The inside of the restaurant felt lively, despite it not being very busy. The décor gives the place a somewhat country style feel to it.

Dallas blew a whistle, "Boy howdy, I like this place already." She said.

Megan has just finished tending to some customers when she noticed her cousin and approached him "Hey Ken!", She then noticed the girls, "Oh, you didn't tell me you were bringing friends."

"Yeah, sorry about that Meg. It was kinda sudden." Ken explained, "Well anyway, these are some friends I made at school."

"I see, so you girls are schoolmates of my cousin?" Megan asked.

"Yes we are, I'm Trots Summers."

"And I'm Mary Allen."

"Dallas Queen's the name."

"Mine's Aurora."

"Green Gardener, darling."

"Spruce Spanner..."

"Interesting names," Megan commented, which she lets it slide, "Right this way," She directed Ken and the girls to an empty round table, in a corner of the facility.

After they all took their seats with Delilah sitting on a large pillow near Ken, Megan brought out a piece of paper and asked, "So to start off, what would you like to drink?"

"I'll have my usual, cherry coke." Ken answered.

"Diet coke for me please." Trots said.

"I'll have some lemon tea." Green said

"Hit me with some mountain dew." Aurora spoke up

"Apple juice fer me." Dallas said.

"Hit me with some milk." Mary said.

"And I'll just have some water." Spruce said.

"Alrighty then, I'll be back with your beverages." Megan said as she took her leave.

After going through their menus, they finally decided what the wanted. Just in time to as Meg came back with their drinks and a bowl of water for Delilah, "There you guys go. So, you all ready to order?"

"That we are, I shall have a Krabby Patty with regular fries on the side." Trots answered.

"I'll have all three versions of your Bagel Sandwiches, darling. That way, I'll now which one I like most." Green said.

"Hit me with one of your Ribwhiches, Sugarcube. Oh, and some seasoned fries with it too." Dallas said.

"I'll have a Caprese Salad, please." Spruce said

"I shall have an Egg Sandwich but not too much hot sauce though. I wanna taste that cheese." Mary said, mouth drooling, "Along with some BBQ chips if you don't mind."

"Slap me with a couple of Chili Dogs." Aurora said.

"Alrighty then, and for you Ken?" She asked her cousin.

"You know Meg, I'm feeling a little adventurous today. Hit me with a Bone Broth with a side of texas toast." Ken answered.

"Ok then," Meg said as she finished up their order, "You guys might have to wait a bit though."

"That's fine Meg, with Danny and Capper's cooking, it'll be worth it." Ken assured her.

After Megan takes their leave, the seven began chatting amongst themselves, "Your cousin seems rather nice, Ken." Trots pointed out.

"Yeah she is." Ken said.

"So what's her story anyway?" Aurora asked, "Isn't she kinda young to run a diner by herself? Where the heck are her parents?"

Ken sighed, "Her parents... were killed in an animal attack seven years ago."

The girls gasped at this, "Oh, well... sorry for bringing it up." Aurora said, scratching the back of her head.

"It's all right you didn't know." Ken assured her, "We were all pretty broken up about it, especially my mom. She lost her younger brother that day."

"By the goddesses." Trots said.

"My parents took Megan and her little brother and sister in after that, until Meg was old enough to get her own place which isn't too far from where we live." Ken continued.

"Um, if it isn't a sore subject Ken but you said their parents were killed in an animal attack," Spruce spoke up, "What kind of animal exactly?"

He sighed, "That's the problem, we don't know. Their bodies were found one day near Blackwater Woods, they were torn apart like scratching posts and the claw marks on them didn't match any known animal."

Everyone was silent for a few minutes until Trots decided to change the subject, "So Ken... I can't help but notice that you and your father's names are almost similar."

"Oh, well that's because my full name is Kenbroath Kilspotten Heathspike The Fourth, my dad is the third." Ken explained.

"I see," Trots said, "So... does your dad have any brothers and/or sisters of his own?" She asked.

"Pffft, does my pop have any siblings of his own? How bout six," Ken answered as he pulls out his phone. He then shows the girls a picture of a grizzled looking man. In appearance, the man looked somewhere between his late thirties or early forties with blazing red medium length hair with orange streaks and red eyes. For attires, he wears a biker vest over a black shirt with a Motorhead logo on the front, black jeans, and dark grey Velcro shoes with flame patterns on them, "This is my uncle, Fiery Heathspike," Ken began to explain, "He and my dad don't always see eye to eye, but they love each other unconditionally. He owns a small pub called the 'Dragon's Lair' in Olympia. He also has a bit of a short fuse so try not to get on his bad side."

Ken then swap pictures to show a picture of another man standing in the middle of a kitchen while crossing his arms and sporting a confident smirk. In appearance, he had greyish brown hair and light brown eyes. His attire is a light blue shirt, grey jeans and brown sneakers, "This is my uncle Smokey, he owns a pizza joint in Seattle. His well known recipe is the BBQ veggie pizza. Though I recommend you girls not take cooking lessons from him lest you want him to go Gordan Ramsey on you."

The girls looked at him with puzzled looks, "Who?" Trots asked.

"Er, I'll explain later." He said as he switched pictures to yet another man. This one has yellow hair with blues highlights and light green eyes. He wore a lab coat and shirt, black pants and shoes, "This is my uncle Flash. He is, or used to be, an inventor who worked on robotics until... an incident happened and he has semi-retired. Now he only does tutoring."

The next picture Ken shows them is a woman sitting near a piano with a smile that rivals Mary's. In appearance, the woman has blue hair with light pink streaks and yellow eyes. For attire, she wore a dark purple shirt with musical notes on it, black pants, and red shoes, "This is my aunt Prickles. She's the youngest of my dad's sibs and is full of energy. She's with a jazz band in San Francisco and is currently touring across the country right now."

Ken switches pictures yet again to show a man with dark yellow hair with orange streak on the side and bright blue, tired-looking eyes. For attire he wore a light blues jacket over a red buttoned shirt, green sweats, and white tennis shoes, "This is my uncle Sparks. He was quite the troublemaker when he was younger and when he got older... well, let's just say he made some poor life choices and got himself in jail. He's in rehab right now and is trying to improve himself but only time will tell if he sticks to it."

The last picture Ken shows them was a picture of a woman in her late thirties. Her hair color and style was almost similar to Green's but with Persian bluish gray streaks and deep blue eyes. Her attire is a dark green dress, a pink scarf, and red heels, "This is my aunt Spiny. She runs a boutique in Seattle. She was the one who gave me Delilah as a Christmas present four years ago when she was still a pup." Said Dalmatian licked Ken's cheek on that last part who in turn gave her a pat on the head.

"You say your aunt runs a boutique?" Green spoke up, "Does she take apprentices?"

"Sorry to disappoint you Green, but no," Ken answered. "Not after what happened to her last apprentice, Suri Polomare."

"Oh."

"Yeah, try not to bring it up around her ok? It's kinda of a sore subject for her," He advised.

At last, Megan returned with the meals the friends had ordered. Ken took a sip of his bone broth, savoring in the warm and juicy meaty beverage.

"Mmmm-mmm," Ken said in content, before he turned to see how his alien friends react to the meals they ordered.

"Wow!" Trots exclaimed, after she took a bite of her Krabby Patty and fries. "This burger is to die for! And these fries are great!"

"Are you kidding me?" Aurora scoffed as she wolfs down into her chili dog. "This chili dog just woke up my taste buds! I feel like I can roll into a ball or something."

"WHERE'VE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!!!" Mary moaned as she proceeds to wolf down into her egg sandwich and all of her BBQ chips.

"Fili-Uh, Mary Allen! Table manners!" Trots scolded.

"Whoo-wheee!" Dallas Queen exclaimed. "This Ribwhich sure is dang good!"

"Well, these bagel sandwiches are simply divine!" Green exclaimed.

"Wow, this Caprese Salad is yummy!" Spruce Spanner smiled as she happily dines into the salad. "And the work your cousin did on the mozzarella cheese is delicious! It's like she knows how to melt the cheese just right!"

"Well, Megan is quite the cook," Ken smiled. "She knows what goes into cooking, what recipes to put it, and what her customers want, and how to deliver."

With that, the friends were all enjoying their meal, when suddenly the loud sound of police siren was heard blaring throughout the city, to which Ken and the girls looked out to see a squadron of police cars racing down the streets.

"Looks like someone called the calvary," Aurora commented.

"Hey! It's my dad!" Ken exclaimed, watching his old man leading the charge. "Girls, we gotta go!" With that, Ken quickly reached into his pocket, pulling out some money and slapped it on the table as he and the Power Princess quickly left the restaurant.

"Whoa!" Megan shouted, watching the teens leaving the building in haste. "Where's the fire?"


Several Minutes earlier

A fashion show was taking place at a large building in the center of Maretropolis. A large gathering of people, with journalists and critiques in the crowd, were all seated and took pictures of the beautiful supermodels strutting their way on the catwalk.

"Here she is folks!" The announcer said, as the last supermodel walked onto the stage. "Our main attraction, the one and only, Flower Knight!"

The crowd all applauded as a young beautiful lady, roughly college-aged, walked onto stage, with a confident smile. In appearance, she has pale, light grayish violet eyes with matching eyeshadows, light pink hair with white streaks that is curled elegantly to the side and held up by a purple hairpin with a gold emblem of the symbol fleur-de-lis. The dress she was wearing is a single-shoulder light purple wrap dress that flares out about knee length.

Amidst the crowd are the former Board of Directors to the company Hair Bloom, Sir Francis, Jetson and Upanova Flynn. The fashion show was kicked into high sensation, when suddenly, the lights went out.

"I say," Sir Francis exclaimed, as he took his monocle off. "What's the meaning of this?"

As if answering his question, a loud cackle was heard, before there was a sudden explosion and the entire building shook. The glass rooftop shattered into millions of shards above the frighten people and fashion models who all scattered, desperately trying to escape the chaos.

Then, appearing above the frightened people, was the woman formerly known was Fiona Blooms, still as insane as ever, and sporting a new look to go along with her literal wild hair. She now wears a dark purple jumpsuit with yellow edges along the neckline, the elbows, and knees, where she wears black leather gloves and boots.

"Ha ha ha ha ha! Main attraction, you say?!" She cackled. "Ha ha ha ha! You haven't seen perfections yet you foals! Let's get hairy!!! Mwah ha ha ha ha ha!!!" With another maniacal laugh, Fiona hurled several more bombs at the people.

In appearance, her bombs resembled spray cans, which exploded upon impact, coating their victims in coats of chemicals that made their formal business wear stiff and tight, freezing them in place, like they were statues. When she's not throwing bombs, Fiona's wild and slithering hair would lunge forward to trip some of the escaping people, or ensnare and throw them to the side.

Today, however, she was directing all of her newfound abilities onto the people who made her go out of business.

"Out am I?" She cackled at her former Board of Directors, as she hurled a bomb towards them.

It was at that moment that security guard called into his radio, alerting the MPD, "Mayday! Mayday! We're under attack! We need backup!"

During the chaos, the supermodel, Flower Knight had tripped, after breaking her high heel, "AH!" She screamed, falling to the ground. "My ankle! Help!"

Just then, the villainess arrived and towers over the supermodel, Flower Knight, "Hello dearie," She cackled.

Flower Knight shrieked in horror, when someone suddenly shouted, "Look! Our heroes!"

With that, everyone all looked up and turned their heads to see a team of six, seemingly teenage, high school girls, each don up in flashy superhero costumes.

"Stop right there, villain!" Masked Matter-horn shouted.

In the blink of an eye, Zapp sprinted forward in a crack of lightning, "HI-YAH!!" Zapp screamed, landing a powerful strong kick to the villainess's head, sending her flying across the room and into a wall.

Zapp then unsheathes her sword, giving it a couple of spins, cracking the electricities in the air, ready to slash the blade at the villain.

"ZAPP!!" Masked Matter-Horn shouted. "The ceiling!"

Zapp looked up to see the ceiling was crumbling, with falling chunks of the bricks and electric lights falling down on the people. Reacting fast, Zapp kicked herself into the air, surfing on a bolt of lightning as she flies in the air, slashing her sword to break some of the falling debris, so they wouldn't crush any of the people below.

As an added measure of protection, Radiance joined in, projecting several purple energy shields, which she used to protect the people from the falling debris.

A journalist with blond hair and brilliant violet eyes that are framed by white glasses was close to being crushed by a falling pillar, had Mistress Marvelous not lassoed him with her golden rope and pulled him away.

"Watch yerself, sir!" Marvelous said before she leapt away, leaving a smitten journalist behind.

Fili-Second was zipping throughout the building, rescuing the fashion models and several other people who were injured in the chaos, before bringing them outside, to Saddle Rager, who applied medical aid.

Lastly, Masked Matter-Horn was using her telekinesis to catch some of the falling debris.

In the meantime, Ken Heathespike and Delilah were watching from a safe distance, behind a car, and outside of a costume shop.

"Alright, girls!" Ken whooped, cheering his alien girl friends on.

"Who are those girls?" A young man with light blue hair, and green eyes asked.

"They're the Power Princesses!" Ken answered.

"Power Princesses?" A young woman with brown hair and a light blue buret asked, before she cheered, "Go Power Princesses!"

During the chaos, after recovering from her shock, by Zapp's attack, the villainess stood up, to find herself confronted by the police, "Hold it right there!" An officer barked, holding his hand up to the villain.

"I surrender!" She mocked, holding her hands up.

"DAD! LOOK OUT!" Ken shouted, but it was too late.

Without warning, the villainess's hair sprang to life, whipping and lashing out at the officers like snakes, ensnaring them and constricting them, as she threw her fists and legs to kick and punch the officers.

"LET THEM GO!" Zapp roared, as she surfs through the air on a lightning bolt, lunging towards the villain.

In response, the villainess tosses the officers, including Ken's father, at her sword wielding assailant. Zap quickly makes sharp turns, evading the thrown officers, being careful not to slice either of them with her sword, especially with Ken's dad, while Radiance quickly conjures up a large net, the officers.

Zapp finally confronted the villainess, raising her sword up, she proceeds to slice her blade across the villain's head, only for her hair to catch the sharp blade, before they made impact.

"Not bad!" The maniac villain scoffed, before she punches Zapp away, "BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH, EITHER!!"

"AAAAAH!!!" Zapp screamed as she flew away and crashes into the costume shop, close to where Ken and Delilah were hiding.

"ZAPP!!!" Ken shouted, before he cleared his throat. "Uh, I mean, ahem. Are you alright there, miss?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Zapp mumbled, before she got back up on her feet and flies out of the shop and back into the fray.

Ken was about to resume watching the fight going on, when he looked and noticed a Robin the Boy Wonder costume on the floor. This gave him an idea.

"HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!" Fiona cackled, as she and the Power Princesses continue to fight.

Fili-Second was running circles in a blur of pink around the villainess, who simply stuck a strand of her wild hair out, tripping the speedy heroine.

"WHOOOOOOAAAAA!!!!" Fili screamed, flying off her feet and crashing into a wall.

"Get a haircut you...you ruffian!" Radiance shouted, conjuring up a purple energy in the shape of a large scissor, which she opened and close threateningly at the hairy villainess.

Unfazed, Fiona's hair picked up a large chunk of the stone debris and puts it in between the cutting blades, causing them to be bent.

"Rocks beat scissors!" Fiona smirked. "Now I beat YOU!!" With a kick of her legs, Fiona leapt forward and threw a punch at Radiance, followed by a kick, and a snare of her hair, threatening to constrict the life out of the heroine.

Suddenly, a golden lasso roped itself around the villainess, courtesy of Mistress Marvelous, "Gotcha!" The lasso wielding heroine shouted, before she was picked up, off her feet and was bounced around like a yo-yo, and was tossed to the side, crashing into Zapp.

"Oh! Oh dear goodness!" Saddle Rager whimpered.

"Saddle Rager!" Masked Matter-Horn shouted. "We could really use your help here."

"Need an extra hand? Or two?" A voice asked, to which the girls and some of the people turned to see a teenage boy, dressed up as Robin.

"Ken?" Masked Matter-Horn asked incredulously.

"No!" Clearing his throat, Ken coughed as he talked in a deeper voice, "Who is this Ken? I am Wonder Boy!"

"HELP!" Flower wailed. "SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!"

"Flower!" Ken shouted as he crawls beneath the debris, making his way to the injured supermodel, carefully moving the debris out of the way to save her. "Don't worry! We're here to save you," Unfortunately, the young boy's voice were eaten when he was suddenly ensnared by the leg and was brought up to the hairy villainess.

"Well, well, well," She grinned menacingly. "What have we here?"

"Put me down, you-you-you–" Out of impulse, Ken threw his fists out, slapping the villainess across the face.

In response, the villainess retaliated by whipping and thrashing the Wonder Boy around the room, "OOF!!" Ken grunted. "Ow! Oh! Ooh, that hurts!"

"Time to teach you some manners and respects, kid!" Fiona spatted.

Just when she was close to finishing him off, Ken shouted, "Fili-Second! Pizza grenade!"

"Huh? Oh yeah!" Reaching into her hair, which acts as her pocket dimension, Fili-Second pulls out one of the failed Pizza Balls, and shouts, "TIME TO DELIVER A PIZZA-BALL!!!" As she hurls it at the villain.

"Time to what–" Before she knew it, the Pizza grenade exploded mozzarella cheesy and pepperoni bits into her face, blinding her. "AH! I'M BLINDED BY PIZZA!" She groaned, dropping Ken to the floor.

Ken then turned to Dallas, "Mistress Marvelous! Hogtie her!" With that, the lasso wielding heroine caught the villainess by the legs, before she mustered her whole superhuman strength and spun the villain around, until at the last second, she mentally commanded her lasso to release its hold, releasing the villain, flinging her across the city.

"THIS ISN'T OVER YOU BRATS!!!" The villainess screams as she flies off into the distance.

With the villainess gone, the heroes all turned to the frightened supermodel, Flower Knight, and they helped her up her feet. Furthermore, Sir Francis and his fellow board of directors were found, frozen, but alive, and were escorted to an ambulance.

"Merci!" Flower Knight thanked the heroines and boy. "You've all saved my life!"

"We're just glad that you're okay," Masked Matter-Horn said, as she turns to her fellow heroines and Ken. "Anyway, we'll be leaving now."

"But wait!" Flower Knight stopped the heroes. "Who are you? What are your names?"

"They're the Power Princesses!" The blue haired man from earlier answered, as he leads the rest of the surrounding civilians to cheer their new superheroines.

Flower then turned to Ken and asked, "And what's your name?" Flower asked. "Who are you?"

"I am called Wonder Boy!" Ken answered, doing a superhero pose, while his Power Princess friends rolled their eyes.

"Yeah, how original," Delilah snarked, which nobody took notice of.

"Can we be excused?" Masked Matter-Horn began. "We need to have a talk with Wonder Boy here."

"Oui," Flower nodded, as she watches with newfound admiration of the heroes taking their leave, along with the people.

PreviousChapters Next