• Published 31st Oct 2019
  • 6,587 Views, 248 Comments

The Power Princesses - Phantom-Dragon



The story of Ken Heathspike and the girls of his life, the Power Princesses.

  • ...
11
 248
 6,587

PreviousChapters Next
The Defenders

"Wh-Wh-Who are you guys?!" Ken asked.

"Please, at ease,” the leader held her hands up in defense. “We mean you no harm—“

“Stay back!” Ken stammered, swinging his stick at the girl, with Delilah barking loudly. “Don’t come near me!”

“Hey, hey!” the multicolored hair girl shouted, leaping into action, unsheathing her sword, which resembles the Japanese traditional katana, crackling with electric auras. "Lightning strikes twice. You hurt my friends, and I'll make your life flash twice!"

"Zap!" the blonde girl berated as she quickly snatched the girl's sword away from her hand, with the use of a golden lasso. "What've we talked about antagonizing the Earthlings?"

"Well he started it," the multicolored girl, identified to be Zapp argued.

"Well you came down to Earth in a blazing ball of fire!" Ken spatted. "How was I supposed to know you're not invaders?!"

"Touché."

The first girl quickly cleared her throat as she began, "Anyway, I believe the first order of business is introducing ourselves," with that, she began. "We are the Harmonian Defenders. I am the leader, Princess Twilight Star Nova the Masked Matter-Horn. These are my friends, Zapp, Mistress Marvelous, Saddle Rager, Radiance, and Fili-Second," she said, introducing and directing both Ken and Delilah's attentions to the respective girls. "Please you must forgive us for our intrusions. We meant no disrespect, and certainly have no intentions to invade your home world."

"Then, what brings you here?" Ken asked, lowering his stick down.

"We were sent here, by orders of our......our queen," Mistress Marvelous muttered at the last part, to which the girls all looked down, saddened at the mention of their queen.

Judging from the change of mood in the tone, the atmosphere, and the saddened expression on their faces, Ken could tell that something terrible must've happened to their queen. Looking down to his Dalmatian, Ken watched as Delilah whimpered sympathetically as she runs up to the girl with smooth pink hair, Saddle Rager, and gently kissed her hands, much to the girl's enjoyment.

"Aw, what a sweet little girl you are," Saddle Rager cooed as she lovingly stroked the dog's cheeks. "Yes you are~"

"Her name's Delilah, by the way," Ken introduced his dog, before he realized he didn't introduce his name to the girls. "Oh! Name's Ken Heathespike, by the way. But you can just call me, Ken."

"A pleasure to meet you, Ken," Masked Matter-Horn returned the greeting.

Suddenly, the wails of a police sirens rang from outside the park, "What is that?!" Zapp asked, holding her sword up, cracking with lightning, ready for action. "Are we under attack?"

"In a way, yes," Ken replied, before his eyes widened with worry. "Dad!" with that, both he and Delilah took off running in the direction of the siren's wail.

Sensing trouble, the Defenders all turned to exchange looks before they all ran after Ken to see what is up.


Ken panted heavily, nearly out of breath as he and Delilah arrived on the latest crime scene, to find Maretropolis National Bank under heavy fire, swarmed with about five to six police cars, which isn't enough for backup, given to the danger the criminal elements possess.

"Oh no! An armed robbery!" Ken exclaimed, just as the defenders arrived to join him.

"An armed robbery?" Fili-Seconds asked, startling both Ken and Delilah.

"How'd you get so–" before Ken could finish his sentence, another explosion pierced the air and the friends turned their attention back to the scene, to see an armored truck driving in, paving through the police cars, as a group of vicious dog mask wearing crooks appeared, hauling in their latest steals.

"The Diamond Dogs!" Ken scowled. "These guys are bad news!"

"The Diamond Dogs?" the Masked Matter-Horn asked, while observing the dog masked criminals. "Those are your world's villains then?"

"Yeah."

“Then I take it those are your law enforcers?” Masked Matter-Horn deduced, pointing at the uniformed officers who were hiding behind their white colored vehicles to avoid the gunshots.

“Yeah. The Maretropolis Police Department,” Ken replied. “But they’re a little understaffed and their chief is my dad.”

“That’s your father?!” Zap asked, pointing at a tall man, who was holding a megaphone in one hand.

In appearance, Ken's old man appeared to be in his early 40s, dressed in a police officer's uniform. In appearance he has dark pink hair and light blue eyes.

"STOP!" Ken's father shouted through his megaphone. "By order of the MPD! You are to surrender–AH!" the man immediately ducked his head down, just as a missile was shot over his head and blew up a nearby vehicle.

"DAD!" Ken shouted, watching as the Diamond Dogs finished hauling in their loots into their truck and quickly burned rubber.

Seeing how dire the situation was, the Defenders knew they have to act now.

"Defenders! GO!" with that, the girls all leapt into action, with both Zapp and Fili-Seconds eagerly leading the fray.

In a blur of pink lights, Fili-Seconds intercepted the truck, startling the driver, while Zapp stomped her foot on the ground, kicking herself into the air, and was seen surfing in the air on a bolt of lightning, with her sword unsheathed and slashed the tires, causing the truck to turn and roll onto its side. Thankfully, the Masked Matter-Horn was able to shoot several beams from the horn on her head, creating a wall of ice to prevent the truck from destroying the surrounding areas and civilians. The Diamond Dogs wearily exited the truck, where one of them finds himself ensnared by a golden rope and was pulled off his feet, dangling in the air, courtesy of Mistress Marvelous. The remaining Diamond Dogs quickly pulled out their guns, opening fires on the defenders, only for Radiance to hold her hands out, and her bracelets blinked in shimmering pink lights, conjuring up a large wall of crystals, protecting herself, her fellow defenders, and the civilians from the bullets.

"Peek-a-boo!" Fili-Seconds shouted, startling the Diamond Dogs into dropping their guns, before both she and Zapp apprehended the thugs, with Mistress Marvelous, Radiance, and Masked Matter-Horn cuffing their hands tightly.

Just then, the sirens of the police wailed, alerting the defenders into taking their leave, just as the police and Ken's father arrived.

"Is everyone alright?" Captain Heathspike asked.

"Yes sir," Lieutenant Armor confirmed. "All of our forces are just a little shaken up. What should we put down in our report?"

"Hmm," the captain pondered. "I don't know what to make of it. Lightning? Weird sparkling lights? Energy beams? The mayor would say we should lay off the donuts."


Meanwhile, both Ken and the girls returned to the park, at the ruins of the Defender's ship where they could talk.

"Wow, how did you girls do that?!" Ken asked in excitement from what he and Delilah had just seen.

"Well, we're not called 'defenders' for nothing, duh!" Fili-Seconds giggled.

"What Fili-Seconds mean is, those are our special powers," Masked Matter-Horn enlightened. "As you've just seen, Zapp has the power to control electricity with her sword."

"Pretty cool, huh?" Zapp asked, spinning her sword, before she sheathes it into her scabbard.

"This lasso of mine isn't just for show," Mistress Marvelous smirked. "I can control it physically and mentally," as a demonstration, the girl released the rope from both her hands and lets it slithered around on the ground, as if it was a snake.

"Cool," Ken smiled.

"I'm fast!" Fili-Seconds stated.

"You think that's marvelous?" Radiance began. "My accessories isn't just for show too. For you see, with these bracelets of mine, I can create energy constructs of any objects with my thoughts."

"Huh, kinda like Green Lantern's ring," Ken nodded in understanding.

"Who?" Radiance asked.

"Uh, never mind," turning to the Masked Matter-Horn, Ken asked, "Let me guess. You have the power to create ice beams?"

"Not just ice beams," the leader explained. "I can also conjure up a variety of energy beams, from fires to electrical currents."

"But ice is more her speciality! She just has to let it go!" Fili-Seconds chirped.

Turning to the last of the defenders, Ken asked Saddle Rager, "So if I may, what's your power, Saddle Rager?"

"Ooh, it's not so.... good," the girl whimpered. "And I'd rather you don't get to see it."

"It's okay, I'm open to know what it is."

"The thing is....I...I....I turn into a monster when I get upset."

"What?"

"I turn into a monster when I get upset." the girl repeated.

"What?"

"She says she turns into a hulking beast when she gets angry," Zapp answered on her friend's behalf.

"WHAT?! For real?!" Ken asked, to which the shy girl nodded in confirmation. "No way! You girls are awesome! You could be superheroes!” Ken commented.

"Superheroes?" Saddle Rager asked, unsure of what the boy meant.

"Yeah! You could fight crime! You could help my dad!" Ken continued enthusiastically. "You can help rid this city of all the crimes that's been happening! You could–"

"Hey, as much as I'd like to keep these conversations going, or chat, or whatever it is you earthlings do as a social past time, but if it's not too much to ask, where should we stay?" Zapp asked.

"Oh right," Ken chuckled, blushing sheepishly, before he turned and noticed his dog was missing. "Hey! Where's Delilah?"


While Ken was busy talking with the defenders, Delilah had let herself into the ship, sniffing and inspecting the downed spacecraft.

As Delilah was sniffing around the girls' ship, she finds a large laser like device. She goes to inspect it but when she starts sniffing at it, she accidently placed one of her front paws on the button of the laser. The device turns on immediately and aims right at the Dalmatian. Before Delilah has any chance to get away, the laser fires at her.

Ken and the girls hear a howl of pain, they turn to see Delilah getting zapped by a laser. Ken's eyes widen in horror, "DELILAH!!!!" He screamed as he rushed to aid his canine companion. As soon as he got there, the laser died down and Delilah collapsed on the ground. Ken picked her up, "Oh god, Delilah are you ok?!"

"I...think so." Came a female voice with a British accent.

Ken's eyes widen at this as the voice came from his own dog, "Delilah did...did you just talked???"


"COME ON PEOPLE!" Fiona ordered. "Hurry up!"

"Ms. Bloom, please," Ms. Sweets begged her employer. "We're working as fast as we can. Just give us two weeks and we'll..."

"Two weeks and we would've lost the contract," Fiona scowled. "And my entire line of cosmetic predicts would've been shut down, and we'll all be out of the job." Turning to the employee, Fiona scowled, "This is your fault, Sweets. If you had just keep your MOUTH SHUT then we wouldn't be in this mess!"

"I'm only doing my job!"

"A fine job of it. I should have you fired right now!"

Ms. Sweets looked up, quivering with fright, under the intensive glare of her employer, "Make that two of us!" a strong assertive voice stated, as a man dressed in the same uniform as Sweet's came to the woman's defense, followed by several more.

"Excuse me?!" Fiona snarled in outrage.

"This is not what we signed up for!" the man frowned. "I'd say the main reason we're all in this rut together is because of your poor management skills!" with that, several more of the employees all joined in the protest. "We've worked ourselves to the bones, day and night, without getting any time off for our loved ones at home, while you were out hitting on some men at the bar! Well guess what? We quit!"

"WE ALL QUIT!" the entire employees joined in.

Shocked, if not miffed at the rebellion of her entire work staffs, Fiona Bloom huffed in response, "Fine! Go! Clean your lockers and GET OUT OF MY FACILITY!" without another word, all of the employees took their leave, while Sweets gave Fiona one last look of sympathy.


After she was done cleaning up her lockers and hanging up her uniform, Sweets was the last one to leave the facility, when she looked up and saw Fiona Bloom, leaning on the rails of a bridge that hangs above a huge vat of green experimental chemicals. But what she saw next will haunt her forever.

Fiona Bloom was smoking on a cigarette, when suddenly the railings broke and gave away beneath her.

"Ms. Bloom!!" Sweets shouted towards the screaming woman, who quickly held onto an electrical cord, beneath the platform for dear life.

"SOMEONE HELP ME!!" Fiona screamed desperately, holding on the cord for dear life.

"Ms. Bloom, hold on! I'm coming!" Ms. Sweet shouted, dropping her belongings as she rushed up a set of stairs to her former employer's rescue.

But it was too late. Before they knew it, the electric cord broke, creating a spark of electricity that blinded Fiona, causing her to loose her grip and she plunged into the vat below, with the down wire, electrocuting her.

"FIONA!" Sweets shouted, looking down into the vat in grievance for the seemingly demise of her former boss.

Suddenly, a hand burst out from the liquids, together with what appeared to be green tentacles that all slithered in the air, as if they are snakes. Before long, out of the vat emerged Fiona Bloom, as a new woman, twisted with the electricities that cackled around her from the down wire. Her once blue eyes burned wildly of brilliant green and blazing red pupils, and her hairs were dyed green from the shampoo. Turns out, the tentacles are Fiona's hair, that have grown at an alarming rate, longer than the woman's entire body.

"Hello, Sweets," Fiona snarled. "Back to formula?" she chuckled, which quickly turned into a maniacal laughter with every seconds, echoing throughout the facility, much to the horror of Sweets.

PreviousChapters Next