• Published 1st Nov 2018
  • 437 Views, 2 Comments

Cherry Tune: A New Tune - CherryTune



These are small tails of the original characters that appeared in Crytal Book and Reaper. These stories content ranges from what you might see in MLP:FIM to very dark real life situations, and everything in between.

  • ...
 2
 437

Ch 13 Aurora Mane

Sunny Side rolled out of bed in the morning and left Promenades room gently closing the door behind her. Meryl had been awake much earlier and was taking care of customers checking out of the Barn and Stable. “Morning sis!” Meryl said as Sunny walked down the stairs.

“Good morning Meryl. How was Apple Blooms party?” Sunny asked, clearly hungover.

“It was awesome! Apple Jack managed to get Rara to come sing for the whole school!” Meryl said excitedly. “How about you? You don’t look so good.” she continued.

“It went as awesome as your party! I just got a little carried away!” Sunny said. “Hey thanks for taking over the counter this morning. Think you can handle it while I make some breakfast?” she asked.

“Sure thing! It’s not the first time I had to do this! I kinda miss it actually. Since Promenade has been taking over!” Meryl said.

“I know you enjoyed working the counter but your school was more important.” Sunny said.

“I know, I know! And I like being able to go! I just liked helping you out every now and then.” Meryl said.

“Well aren’t you the sweetest wittle sister!” Sunny replied while hugging and snuggling Meryl.

“Alright that’s enough, customers are coming, and you said you were making breakfast!” Meryl giggled struggling to get away.

“Okie, same ol’ same ol’ for you?” Sunny asked.

“Yes please!” Meryl replied.

Sunny prepared some beans, eggs, and buttered toast. She places some strawberry jam on the table and makes a few extra pieces of toast. After she set up the rest of the table she calls to Meryl, “It’s ready!”

“Okay! It’ll be a moment, signing out our last guest!” Meryl shouted back.
Meryl checked out the guests and put a busy sign at the counter before heading to the breakfast table. Sunny and Meryl were rather quick to finish their food and begin to clean up. By noon they had cleaned all the quest rooms, the lobby, the public dining area and the front and back lounge areas. Promenade was still knocked when Sunny had begun preparing lunch. She deliberately anticipated Promenade to be in much need of a hearty vegetable soup.

Sunny had cooked up enough for new guests who were going to check in and stored enough for Meryl, Promenade and herself.

“Are we going to wait for Promenade?” Meryl asked. “She missed breakfast this morning too.” Meryl added.

“She’ll be alright, she got far more carried away than I did, I think she just needs to sleep it off. Although I am going to check on her. Been busy this morning.” Sunny said. “Go ahead without me, I won’t be long!” She continued.

Sunny walked up stairs to Promenades room and gently opened the door. Promenade had sprawled out over the whole king sized bed. “Wow, certainly can take a whole lot of space for a little pony.” Sunny said.

Sunny placed a glass of water and a pitcher on the night stand then closed the door behind her as she left. She went back down to finish lunch with Meryl. While Promenade’s door was open the smell of food wafted in. Though it did not immediately wake Promenade up, about half an hour later the smell lingered and Promenade began to stir.

“Oh, Celestia…. What time is it?” Promenade mumbled crawling to the edge of the bed. She saw the glass of water and drank the entirety of it. Refilling the glass with what was in the pitcher and finishing about half the second glass. She gasped for air and placed the glass on the nightstand. She slumped out of bed dragging the blanket with her.

Promenade walked down stairs the blanket covering her head and body and she made her way to the dinner table. “Hey sweepy head!” Meryl said.

“Hey Meryl.” Promenade said with a smile. Her head resting on the table while only her muzzle stuck out.

“Sunny made some soup for you! I left it on the burner so it wouldn't get cold. I’ll go get it for you!” Meryl said.

“Thank Meryl.” Promenade said.

“Well well well, look who decided to get up!” Sunny said coming in from the back door. “How ya feeling hun?” She continued.
“I’m fine, just a little hungover that’s all.” Promenade said shifting her muzzle to the sound of Sunny’s voice.

“Well good thing it’s our weekend otherwise you’d have to fend for yourself!” Sunny said.

“Yup! But since we’re here we’ll get you feeling better in no time!” Meryl said bringing over a bowl of minestrone.

Promenade slipped off the covers from her head and grabbed a spoon. She gently sipped at the warm vegetable broth taking small bites of the potatoes that she fished out. The nutritious nectar brought back life to Promenade and that evening she was feeling well enough to tend to guests as they were checking in.

During this rare moment where Sunny, Meryl, and Promenade had time to spend a weekend together Promenade hadn’t thought about visiting Canterlot as she wasn’t performing. That also meant she hadn’t visited the orphanage during this time period. Unbeknownst to her, a new filly had been placed into the orphanage.

It was a day after Promenades birthday and rain had been forecast throughout Equestria. That evening a strange older unicorn draped in robes carried a half asleep filly to the orphanages doors. She rubbed her eyes as she woke from her sleep and asked, “hey where, where are we?”.

“Don’t worry young Aurora, you’re parents said they will come pick you up in an hour. We’re dropping you off at daycare.” the old stallion said. “Now put on your boots and raincoat and head in side.” he continued.

Aurora still half asleep, slowly put on her coat and boots and the old stallion put her down on the sidewalk outside the orphanage. He placed a book-bag with a few supplies and her teddy bear next to her. “Now go on inside before you catch a cold young lady.” the old stallion said.

Aurora looked behind her she couldn’t make out the name of the daycare as it was getting dark and the rain was heavy. When she turned around the robed stallion was gone. The violet pegasus with a purple mane with blue-ish green streaks that shimmered in low light sat there, confused, drowsy, and unsure of where she was. She waited for about half an hour before knocking on the door to what she thought was a daycare.

A young mare opened the door and immediately knew that filly had been left there. “Hello, my mum and dad said they’ll pick me up in an hour but it’s a little cold out here. Can I come in please?” Aurora said looking up at the heartbroken mare. “Sure thing sweety, come inside we’ll make you some hot cocoa.
A few days had passed since Aurora’s arrival, Sunny had been back on her schedule, and Promenade was tending to the Barn and Stable and Meryl was heading home from school. Meryl bust through the front door. “Hey Miss Promenade!” she said.

“Hi Meryl! How was school?” Promenade replied.

“It was awesome! I made a hundred on all my tests!” Meryl said.

“That’s fantastic! Looks like your study group is helping out!” Promenade said.

“Please! I’m helping them out more!” Meryl bragged.

“Alright, alright go clean up and let’s start making dinner.” Promenade said.

“Okie!” Meryl said.

Promenade closed the front desk for a moment while she and Meryl cook dinner. Sunny was on her way home. “So I have an early show tonight so I’ll have to leave as soon as your sister gets back.” Promenade said.

“Are you going to eat? I can pack you some to go!” Meryl replied.

“Uhm, yeah, some to go sounds good! I’ll have a little break between performances.” Promenade said.

“Sure thing!” Meryl said.

“Hey girls!” Sunny said as she walked into the kitchen.

“Hi sis!” Meryl said jumping on Sunny.

“Hey Sunny! I gotta go to an early show tonight. I’ll might be home late as well.” Promenade said.

“Sure thing hun!” Sunny said.

“Don’t forget your to go pack!” Meryl said.

“Thank you sweety.” Promenade said giving Meryl a hug. “Okay I gotta go! See you guys later!” she continued heading out.

Promenade heads to the Canterlot theatre meeting up with Octavia and Lyra as usual. Promenade’s troupe had become so popular they had back to back showings. Even then some creatures bought two tickets for the early showing and late showing. Between shows Promenade at her packed dinner and planned out her route back to Ponyville with a stop to the orphanage en route. Naturally she stopped by the book store who kept late hours specifically for Promenade as well as the toy store who had a similar schedule for her.

After her last act she spoke to the manager and asked if she could get her pay a little early to accommodate the store keepers schedules. He agreed and let her go before curtain call. She purchased all the usual toys picking out particular books and plushies that suited the children she knew and head over to the orphanage.

Promenade greets the head of the orphanage who tells her that a new filly had arrived in the last couple of days. Promenade is lead to the play room where most of the children stayed for the evenings. Aurora sat alone by the window looking out at the city. Promenade instantly felt a familiar feeling when she looked at her. At that very moment Aurora looked over as if she knew Promenade was at the door.

Promenade entered the room and greeted all the young foals and gave out her gifts as she’d always done. She eventually made her way to Aurora pulling up a chair and sitting next to her.

“Hi. I understand you are… that you...” Promenade never had an issue with new foals but stumbled this time.

“Abandoned? Left alone, rejected by my…” Aurora teared up. “My mum… and dad..” She continued.

Promenade couldn’t do anything for the little filly as she reminded her of herself when she was left at the same orphanage. “I’m sorry. I…“ She thought for a moment. “I am Promenade. What’s your name?” She said.

Aurora frowned but felt something familiar with Promenade. “I’m... my names Aurora Mane.”

The two looked each other over as the talked. Their mane and tales, not to mention color were almost identical. Aurora had much more green in her mane than Promenade but beyond that the two could have been related.

Aurora was still very scared and upset so not a lot was learned from that initial conversation. Promenade took a special interest in Aurora because like her, Aurora was abandoned in much the same way, albeit Aurora was a few years older then Promenade when she was abandoned.

Promenade could hardly remember her parents only that they were unicorns because she remembered how their horns would glow a beautiful hue of orange and gold, and that particular memory filled her with happiness. She does remember not going to school or leaving the house.
Promenade made an effort to see the orphanage more than just after her dances and she and Aurora became close. Aurora never spoke about her parents and Promenade never pushed the issue. She did take a liking to Promenade and would almost allow herself to be happy when she was around.

Author's Note:

As Always, please let me know all of your comments! Better quality feedback, better quality chapters in the future!
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed! Check in next time for CT:ANT S2 Chapter 1 "Cherry Bomb!" - 28 May 2020
(Updated: 02172019)
Check out my other media on this pages.
Deviant Art - https://darkearthdragon.deviantart.com/
Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/cherrytune For early access to the next chapters.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSnPNIgrNGEM7s40rwD2uwQ?view_as=subscriber
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/CherryTuneStudios/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/cherry_tune/

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment