• Published 1st Nov 2018
  • 437 Views, 2 Comments

Cherry Tune: A New Tune - CherryTune



These are small tails of the original characters that appeared in Crytal Book and Reaper. These stories content ranges from what you might see in MLP:FIM to very dark real life situations, and everything in between.

  • ...
 2
 437

Ch 02 Sunny Promenade, Rainbow Sugar Pie

Sugar Cloud wanders through Ponyville looking for Sugar Cube Corner. She finds the store front and walks in. “Hello Stranger! You’re new to Ponyville aren’t you?” Pinkie says.

“I am! But I have heard about Sugar Cube Corner when I was in Klugetown and I thought I could get a job since me and my sister moved here a few weeks ago!” Sugar said.

“Klugetown! I know that place! I even brought a friend back from there!” Pinkie said with a smile while holding up a bird skull. Pinkie Pie pondered for a moment. “Hmm I don’t know… I guess the Cakes are pretty busy with the foals growing up so fast, and I could use help with the increasing number of orders……” She asks “What’s your name friend? I am Pinkie Pie!”

“My name is Sugar Cloud” Sugar replied.

“What! No way! A Sugar Cloud working at Sugar Cube Corner!” Pinkie gasped. “No Pinkie! You remember when you hired Marble Cake to work here without so much as an interview…. So many ponies so many broken teeth…” She said to herself. “Tell you what! Show me what you got and I’ll ask the Cakes if they would like another baker!” Pinkie continued.

“Okay, what would you like me to do?” Sugar asked.

“You can start by bakiiiiiiiing, this!” Pinkie said while pulling out a fancy cake cookbook and pointing to the page of a strawberry tall cake with raspberry filling, lemon zest, and chocolate truffle toppings.

“Oh… my.” Sugar said. “I don’t know if I can do that, but I can make cookies and confections!” she continued.

“Hmm.” Pinkie said rubbing her chin eyeing Sugar Cloud up and down. “Very well, how about a simple chocolate chip cookie?” Pinkie continued.

“Oh certainly!” Sugar says.

“Great! Let’s go!” Pinkie says. Pinkie walks towards the kitchen while Sugar Cloud walks towards the front door. “Uh, where ya going?” Pinkie asked.

“Oh, I need to be outside to show you.” Sugar says.

“Oooookay?” Pinkie says while raising an eyebrow.

They step outside and Sugar looks toward the sky. “I need a cloud and there doesn’t seem to be any.” Sugar says.

“Yeah, it’s supposed to clear skies for a couple a days! More time to play in the Sun!” Pinkie replied suddenly wearing sunglasses and sipping a milkshake with a little umbrella, while lying in hammock seemingly attached to nothing. Her bird friend lying next to her also wearing glasses.

“Oh my, I am afraid I can’t make the cookies without a cloud.” Sugar said.

“No cookies without clouds?” Pinkie exclaims while her glasses pop off, she falls off the hammock, and she drops her milkshake. ”Not on my watch!” Pinkie said zipping off in a pink blur. Sugar Cloud stands in confusion before Pinkie quickly returns, snapping in front of her shortly followed by Rainbow Dash who held a small cloud.“

“Heard you needed a cloud. Here’s one fresh from Cloudsdale!” Rainbow Dash said.

“Oh thank you! The cleaner the better!” Sugar said. “It was really hard finding good clean clouds in Klugetown” she added.

“Why in Equestria do you need a cloud to make cookies though?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Is it to make the cookies extra fluffy!?” Pinkie asked excitedly.

“Not quite, but I might have to try that at some point!” Sugar replied. “Alright stand back, and I’ll show you what I can do!” She continued. Sugar concentrated and her horn began to glow. She shot a white and golden beam at the small cloud and it turned into fluffy chocolate chip cookie shaped cloud.

“Wow!” Pinkie said.

“That’s not the best part! Would you mind grabbing a plate and holding it under the cloud? And could you….Miss?“ Sugar said.

“Oh no Miss! Just Rainbow Dash!” Rainbow Dash replied.

“Rainbow Dash! Could you give it a light tap?” Sugar asked. Pinkie ran inside and grabbed a plate and held it under the cloud and Rainbow gave it a slight kick. The cloud started raining perfect chocolate chip cookies.

“This! Is! Amazing!” Pinkie said ecstatically.

"Yeah that's pretty cool!" Rainbow Dash added.

"Thank You! The idea came to me in a dream, and when I tried it, that's when I got my cutie mark!" Sugar Cloud explained.

“Well I gotta go you guys, take care Pinkie!” Rainbow Dash said.

“Bye Dashie! See you at the show!” Pinkie replied.

Pinkie and Sugar moved the cloud and cookies inside. “I wonder if you could do cupcakes!” Pinkie asked as she closed the door behind them.

Meanwhile, Promenade tends to the Barn and Stable while Sunny is at work, and Meryl, Sunny’s sister, is headed back from school. When Meryl arrives Promenade helps her with her homework then Meryl goes outside to play. Promenade continues to watch the shop and prepares dinner for the two sisters. Sunny comes back from work and sees that Promenade has again made food for them.

“Promenade thank you again for making dinner. You know you don’t have to do this.” Sunny said.

“It’s my pleasure Sunny, seeing you and your sister light up is every bit as worth it!” Promenade said.

“Well you are going to have to let me do something for you one of these days! Your meals are all so wonderful!” Sunny said.

“Oh no, you do so much for me already. Even if you don’t think you do.” Promenade said while smiling.

“Well okay, but I’m still gunna! Where’s Meryl?” Sunny replied.

“She’s on her way, she won’t be long now.” Promenade said.

Not but a moment later Meryl returns from outside and they all sit down and enjoy the meal that Promenade prepared. As they finish up Sunny Side says “Promenade we really do appreciate all that you do. Let Meryl and I clean up this time.”

“Yeah, since you been here I haven’t done a single chore!” Meryl said. “I never thought I’d miss washing dishes.” she added.

“Oh no that’s quite alright. It’ll be done in a shake of your tail.” Promenade said.

“No Ma’am, you got a show to get to and Meryl is right. I’m starting to miss some of the quality time the chores brought Meryl and I.” Sunny said. “ Besides you don’t want to be late!” She continued.

Promenade paused, smiled, and obliged saying “Ok you two, you win this round! And I do have chores to do at my Canterlot place I need to do anyway. It’ll probably take me most of the evening so I’ll just stay there tonight.”

“Sure thing sweetie, don’t work too hard and have a good show!” Sunny said.

Promenade said her farewells and headed for canterlot. She arrived at the Canterlot Theatre just in time and performed her parts flawlessly.

“Hey Sunny.” Meryl said.

“Yes Meryl?” Sunny Side responded.

“Why does miss Promenade stay at her Canterlot place some nights, doesn’t she like living here?” Meryl asked.

Sunny Side pondered the question for a moment. “I’m not sure. I’d guess either her performances go pretty late or she takes care of other business while she’s in Canterlot like her chores she mentioned.”

“Can we go see her dance one day?” Meryl asked. “I wanna see a real ballet! The dancers in the books you bring are so pretty in there outfits and I would really really really like to see a show in real life!” She continued.

“You know, that does sound like a fun idea. We haven’t done much in the way of fun since….” Sunny pause for a moment and looked away. She quickly continued ”Since we had to fend for ourselves for so long.” Sunny said. “I’ll ask Promenade when her next performance is and see if we can get tickets early!” she continued.

“That would be awesome!” Meryl said ecstatically.

Sunny smiled and said “Ok, don’t get too excited. Finish drying those dishes then off to bed with you.”

“Yes ma’am!” Meryl replied.

Meryl dries the last of the plates and heads off to bed while Sunny looks through her books to tally up her profits for the month. “Wow, Promenade keeps really good notes and really takes care of the guests.” Sunny said to herself. She,looks in more detail and sees that not only has Promenade been able to bring in more customers, but any tips Promenade made she’d put them in Sunny’s savings.

“How long have you been doing this?” Sunny asked to herself.

Author's Note:

As Always, please let me know all of your comments! Better quality feedback, better quality chapters in the future!
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed! Check in next time for Chapter 3 "Cherry Spark, Moon-Fall" - 28 December 2018

Check out my other media on this pages.
Deviant Art - https://darkearthdragon.deviantart.com/
Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/cherrytune For early access to the next chapters.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSnPNIgrNGEM7s40rwD2uwQ?view_as=subscriber
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/CherryTuneStudios/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/cherry_tune/

Sugar Cloud