• Published 1st Nov 2018
  • 437 Views, 2 Comments

Cherry Tune: A New Tune - CherryTune



These are small tails of the original characters that appeared in Crytal Book and Reaper. These stories content ranges from what you might see in MLP:FIM to very dark real life situations, and everything in between.

  • ...
 2
 437

Ch 08 Angel Cloud Cake

While Sapphire Spark is at work Sugar Cloud heads to the Cakes to start her day. Pinkie Pie is at the till as Sugar Cloud enters the front door. “Well hey there Sugar Cube.” Pinkie says in her best but ultimately terrible Apple Jack impression.

“Umm, hi Pinkie Pie!” Sugar replies with a smile.

“Hehe! My Apple Jack is on point don't cha think!” Pinkie asked rhetorically.

“I uh.. I’m sorry I don’t know who that is.” Sugar replied embarrassed.

“Oh she’s a friend of mine. One of the elements of harmony!” Pinkie explained. “Anywhose-it! Are you ready for today's challenges?” she continued with excitement.

“Challenges? Aren’t I just making cookies?” Sugar asks.

“Yes!” Pinkie said.

Sugar tilted her head and gave a confused look.

“And no!” Pinkie continued. “You’re ability to make cookies from clouds is super-dooper cool and yummy, BUT! With so many customers from all over Equestria coming to the bakery we need help with the other confections too!” she said.

“But I can’t make anything else.” Sugar said.

“Yup, and with all the cookie orders we’ve been getting most if not all our ovens are always being used making the rest of the baking slow going!” Pinkie said with an unusually excited manner. “That’s why I had Rainbow Dash fly to the the Rainbow Factory to bring us the latest in compact cloud makers!” she continued.

Pinkie Pie dragged Sugar Cloud to the kitchen and showed a medium sized device with a hopper on top and an exhaust from the side. “Tada!” Pinkie said. “It’s a prototype mini cloud maker for patch work during the rainy season! It’ll make perfect sized clouds for you so that we free up all our ovens! And since you’re magic is pretty time efficient we can start showing you how to bake even more intricate delicacies.” Pinkie explained.

“That’s so cool! How does it work?” Sugar asked.

“Easy just pour some room temperature water in the hopper at the top and pull this crank. One crank for one cloud!” Pinkie said. “Let’s test it out with an order of three dozen chocolate chip cookies!”

Sapphire poured in some water in the top and Pinkie cranked the lever. The machine rumbled to life and after a few seconds fluff of perfect cloud puffed out. Sugar cast her spell and the single cloud managed to produce a few batches of cookies for the order and some to spare. The cookies came out soft, warm and perfectly chewy.

“See! That would have taken an hour or so to do. Now we can start on the six cakes we have to make!” Pinkie said. “But! We’re gunna try it with your cloud baking spell!” she added.

Pinkie turns on the cloud make, creates a mini cloud, and moves it to the baking table. She pulls out cookbook, brings it over to Sugar and asks, “Do you think you can make this? And not into cloud that rains cake. Although that would be super fun!” she added.

Sugar reads the recipe not knowing really if it’s going to help. “Umm let me try.” Sugar said with little confidence. She lowered her horn and concentrated on the cloud. A shot of golden light shot out and stuck the mist and engulfed it in light. The cloud started pulsing and straining under the magic and eventually burst into steam filling the entire kitchen.

Pinkie and Sugar start coughing and as the steam dissipated Pinkie said, “Well that wasn’t quite what I was expecting.” She paused for a moment and smelled the air. “Wow, at least it smells like cake! That’s pretty cool!” she said.

“I think I can get this!” Sugar said excited about learning a new spell. Pinkie created another cloud and Sugar began to cast her spell. The next cloud burst into a cotton candy like sugary mess. They set up again and try for round three only to have the cloud burst into a runny batter. Attempt after attempt the clouds would either explode into a mess or slop down into a puddle of half baked goop.

Sugar sat down exhausted as they were at it for a couple hours. “Hmm perhaps we can be done for the day.” Pinkie said. “This place is a mess and it ain’t cleaning itself..” she added.

Cake batter, cotton candy fluff, melted icing, and other confectionery ingredients caked the entire kitchen surfaces.

“Yeah I suppose you’re right, perhaps tomorrow I’ll be able to get it.” Sugar said. “Let me help clean this place up so we can start on baking those cakes the right way!” she went on.

“No need! While you were working your magic I managed to bake them all!” Pinkie said.

“Wow that was fast, and I didn’t even notice!” Sugar said.

“Yeah, my Pinkie sense helped out with avoid most of the explosions.” Pinkie said.

“Well anything I can do, I feel bad for not being able to help out and create that cake you showed me.” Sugar said.

“Oh don’t feel bad, once you’ve perfected it you’ll be most helpful! BUT I haven’t put the icing on yet so how about after we get this place cleaned up you help with the basics! I call them, the “Basics with Pinkie.” Pinkie said.
“I would like that a lot!” Sugar said.

They take a few fours to clean the mess and Pinkie shows Sugar how to frost the cake and add the details such as strawberries, peaches, walnuts, almonds, and other toppings to the cakes. She also shows her how to layer cakes with a buttercream spread between the cakes. After the final cake was completely frosted and decorated they place each order into a box and send out notifications to the customers to pick them up.

It was almost time to close up shop and Sugar was in the kitchen cleaning up the “traditional” mess of baking while Pinkie Pie dealt with customers. Sugar looked at the cloud maker and lowered her head in defeat. She looks up at it one more time and remembered how Sapphire never gave up on her transformation crystal or her wings.

“One more time!” Sugar said with confidence. She pulled the lever and popped out a cloud.

Sugar lowered her horn at the cloud and began her spell. She focused her thoughts on the picture in Pinkie’s book and gave it all she had into the spell. The cloud began to glow and expand, growing twice the size as it was before when it suddenly exploded into steam again.

“Uh oh” Pinkie said hearing the burst from the counter. She walked back to the kitchen asking “Sugar what happened? Did you try again? Are you alright?”

“Yeah..” Sugar coughed “I’m fine, I thought I could do it this time…”

The steam cleared as Pinkie walked over to Sugar and to both their surprise there was no mess to clean. On the counter was the cake from Pinkie’s book. “Woooow! That’s amazing” Pinkie said. “It’s not like the one in the recipe in texture but in presentation it’s spot on. Sugars cloud spell a fluffy strawberry chocolate cake with a cherry buttercream frosting, and a raspberry lemon zest drizzle.

“What! I did it?” Sugar says in disbelief . “I DID IT! I did it! I did it! I did it!” she squealed while pony hopping in place.

“You sure did! And it turned out even more amazing than I had imagined!” Pinkie said. “So what are you gunna call it?” Pinkie asked.

“Call it? You want me to name it?” Sugar replied.

“Yeah! I name al my new creations!” Pinkie said.

“Ummm, I dunno, how about Harold?” Sugar said.

“No silly!” Pinkie chuckled. “What are you going to call the recipe? I see it has chocolate and Raspberries, and the frosting smells like cherries and buttercream! And look how fluffy it is!” she continued.

“How about the Pinkie Cloud Strawberry Fluff. After all I wouldn’t have been able to do this without you!.” Sugar said.

“Aww shucks.” Pinkie said bashfully. “I think that’s perfect!” she continued.

“Let’s package this one up and save it for Promenades party!” Pinkie said.

“Oh are you going to Promenades party to?” Sugar asked.

“No, I heard about the party from Cherry Tune and wanted to surprise both her and Promenade with a special cake. When you showed me your magic I knew you’d be able to help me with it.” Pinkie said.

“Oh that’s sweet of you, but why wouldn’t you join us?” Sugar replied.

“Cherry Tune did invite me and my friends but we have Elements of Harmony business during that week and wouldn’t be able to make it.” Pinkie said. “That’s why I wanted to make the cake! And with your help it turned out better than I could imagine!” she added.

“Well I’ll be sure to let them both now how much you did for them!” Sugar said.

“Aww thank you Sugar. Let’s clean up and close up shop for the day.” Pinkie said.

“Can do!” Sugar replied with jubilation.

…..
…..
…..

Pinkie looked over at Sugar while they swept. “Do you think you can do cupcakes like that?” she asked. Sugar Cloud face hoofed.

Author's Note:

As Always, please let me know all of your comments! Better quality feedback, better quality chapters in the future!
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed! Check in next time for Chapter 9 "Cherry Tune" - 27 June 2019
(Updated: 01022019)

Sugar Cloud at SCC.

Check out my other media on this pages.
Deviant Art - https://darkearthdragon.deviantart.com/
Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/cherrytune For early access to the next chapters.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSnPNIgrNGEM7s40rwD2uwQ?view_as=subscriber
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/CherryTuneStudios/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/cherry_tune/