• Published 1st Nov 2018
  • 437 Views, 2 Comments

Cherry Tune: A New Tune - CherryTune



These are small tails of the original characters that appeared in Crytal Book and Reaper. These stories content ranges from what you might see in MLP:FIM to very dark real life situations, and everything in between.

  • ...
 2
 437

Ch 09 Cherry Tune

Cherry Tune wakes up and hops out of bed. She trots towards the castle and hears Spitfire overhead. "Toora, loora, toora, loora, aye" Spitfire sings. Cherry smiles and puts on her purple headphones and takes flight. Cherry waves at Luna who was sipping coffee in a tower overlooking the guard post. Down below Sunny waves to Cherry as Sapphire flies in and lands next to Sunny. Cherry heads down and to the armory to put on her gear while Sapphire followed behind.

Cherry bounces to the tunes in her headphones before turning them off and putting them away. “Always so chip Cherry! Dare I say brighter the Sunny herself!” Sapphire said as she removed her mechanical wings.

“It’s just a particularly good day today Sapphire!” Cherry said.

“Oh yeah why’s that?” Sapphire asked.

“No reason, just woke up on the greatest side of the stable I guess!” Cherry replied with a smile.
“Well I agree with you on that! It’s going to be pretty fun day today!” Sapphire said.

Cherry and Sapphire dawn their armor and head out on patrol. They avoided their usual placement of pranks and both of them decided to do a flood of scavenger hunts to spread their good day vibes.. They placed notes on each of the night and day guards lockers with a miniature puzzle based clue. At the end of each hunt there was an item meant for the specific pony in mind.

Some received candy, others stuffed animals, some color pencils, and many other personable gifts. They planned the whole event with the approval of the captains, and it spanned over both halves of the week and both night and day shift. They also left surprises for Luna and Celestia. With the extra newly qualified recruits Cherry and Sapphire spent the entire day setting up for this huge endeavor. The entire day passed by extraordinarily fast for the two and before they knew it the weekend was ready to greet them.

During the start of a long weekend Cherry Tune takes a trip away from the busy streets of Canterlot and into a relaxing environment like Ponyville. Her stays were rather unorthodox as she’d spend most evenings relaxing in a tree outside Sugar Cube Corner. This time however she was on a mission to distribute Prominade’s birthday party invites to those living in Ponyville.

That afternoon she had flown to her thinking tree outside Sugar Cube Corner and strummed a jaunty tune, when she heard a ruckus under her tree. She looked over the edge and saw a white stallion with light blue eyes and orange mane and tail struggling with a cart.

“Hiya!” Cerrysaid.

“Oh, hello.” The stallion replied.

“Whatcha up to?” Cherry asked.

The stallion released himself form the cart straps, turned to Cherry and said, “I’m building some equipment for the armory but I am struggling to get my materials to the workshop.”

“Well that is an awful lot of supply, why so much? I don’t recall the Ponyville guards requesting armor.” Cherry replied.

“Yeah, after Reaper we lost a lot of our equipment so I answered an ad to build some. That and I am working on becoming a master artisan and could really use the experience.” He said. “I have three more carts back at the Carousel Boutique. It’s gunna be a long week!” he continued.

“Maybe I can help! I’m Cherry Tune!.” Cherry Tune said.

“Really! That’d be great! The linen isn’t so much a problem, it’s the bronze at the bottom that’s the heaviest. I’m Hamsterking!” Hamsterking replied.

Hamsterking pulled the first cart to the workshop and Cherry went back to grab one of the others. When she arrived at the workshop they both head to the Boutique, grab the last two, and start walking to the workshop. “So what brings you to Ponyville Cherry?” Hamsterking asks.

“I like to come here and unwind from Canterlot life. It’s not that I do a whole lot there but it’s always so busy with….. Kinda snooty creatures making a ruckus.” Cherry said.

“Hmm well it’s certainly busy down here in Ponyville.” Hamsterking replied.

“Sure but you’re all so friendly down here. Not that Canterlot is not friendly, it’s just shows more here!” Cherry said.

“Well you’re pretty friendly for being from Canterlot! You’re helping me move my stuff to the workshop!” Hamsterking said. “And you didn’t just walk off with the cart of other supplies so that’s pretty cool.” He continued.

“Couldn’t just hang out in mah tree and watch ya struggle!” Cherry Tune said.

They arrive at the workshop and Cherry gives the cart to Hamsterking. “Well I got a lot of work to do for the upcoming order! See ya around Cherry! Thanks for the help!” Hamsterking says.

“Oh no problem at all! See you around King!” Cherry replied.

“Likewise Cherry! And if you’re still in town you can come check out what I made in a few hours!” Hamsterking says while waving.

“Will do!” Cherry says.

Cherry Tune hadn’t thought about doing work while on her days off but she definitely saw an opportunity to find a new supplier of armor for the Canterlot guard. Just as Ponyville lost a lot of its arms and equipment when the six spirits and Reaper attacked, so did Canterlot. Hamsterking might prove to show some quality craftsmanship.

In the meantime Cherry flies back a top her tree and sprawls out in the evening sun. After a an hour nap on her tree rolls over and sees Hamsterking with another load of material. Cherry tilts her head in confusion. She sits up stretches with a big yawn, and then hops down next to King. “Hey King! Cherry said.

“Oh hey! Didn’t think I’d see again Cherry!” Hamsterking replied.

“What do you mean? I said I was going to check out your wares in a few hours didn’t I? And I am a mare of my word!” Cherry said.

“That’s right! I did say you could come check it out!.” Hamsterking replied. “However not only did I build all the required items for my client, they came by my shop and bought it all right there and asked for another order!” He continued.

“I am guessing that’s what that cart of stuff is for then?” Cherry asked.

“Indeed! Fortunately it’s just the one cart this time but you are more than welcome to tag along. That way I can show you the new stuff I’m am working on!” Hamsterking said.

They walk to his workshop and Hamsterking pulls the canvas off the cart revealing charms with a slight glow to them. “What are they?” Cherry asked.

“They’re called Harmonies.” Hamsterking replied. “They contain magic from various spells. If I attach them to the armor I make it’ll enchant it with magical properties.” He explained.

“Wow! How strong are the spells?” Cherry asked.

“Not very but it’ll help you recover slight wounds or give you a second wind when you find yourself fatigued.” Hamsterking replied.

“One more question! Where’d you get them from?” Cherry inquired again.

“Starlight Glimmer and Trixie were practicing some magic when Trixie accidentally cast a spell of some crystals. The result was a rough charm that gave off a magical aura. Starlight and Trixie then remembered the enchanted items of the six spirits and recreated armor enchantments.” Hamsterking explained.

“Wow, you sure do know a lot!” Cherry said.

“I take my craft very seriously!” King replied.
“Well I was going to wait until after the new moon but I gotta confess. I want you to be the Canterlot guard supplier.” Cherry said.

“Wait what! I don’t know about that. Making armor for Ponyville guard is one thing but Canterlot guard? I wouldn’t even know where to get the proper alloy for their armor.” Hamsterking said.

“Don’t you worry! The resources will be provided to you! All you gotta do is build the armor. And from what I’ve seen, this armor is absolutely quality!” Cherry said.

“Well that would be amazing! I never thought I’d make it to Canterlot guard this quickly!” Hamsterking said.

“Well, don’t get too excited! It’ll be a couple weeks. I need to present my findings to those above me. BUT if I buy a whole set of your bronze armor with the harmonies in it, I am certain the approval process will go by swiftly!” Cherry said.

“Hey you don’t need to buy it! I’ll give you my finest set for free. If what you say is true than your contact with in the guard will be payment enough!” Hamsterking said with delight.

“Awesome! I’ll keep you updated!” Cherry replied. “Hey I gotta go but I’ll send an envoy from the guard house in Canterlot to grab the stuff. But before I go I think you might make a few new contacts at this party I’m hosting. Here’s an invite letter if you’re interested!” Cherry continued.

Hamsterking takes the letter and says “Wow! The “Light and Sound” nightclub aye? I’ll see how my schedule looks!”.

“Bye again King! See ya around!” Cherry Tune says flying off.

“Bye Cherry Tune!” Hamsterking replied waving.

Author's Note:

As Always, please let me know all of your comments! Better quality feedback, better quality chapters in the future!
Thank you for reading, I hop you enjoyed! Check in next time for Chapter 10 "Promenades B-day" - 25 July 2019
(Updated: 01062019)
Check out my other media on this pages.
Deviant Art - https://darkearthdragon.deviantart.com/
Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/cherrytune For early access to the next chapters.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSnPNIgrNGEM7s40rwD2uwQ?view_as=subscriber
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/CherryTuneStudios/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/cherry_tune/