• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 1,564 Views, 31 Comments

Out of Your Elements - Kagemoon



An Elements of Chaos story. The Mane 6 must face stallions who are their opposites.

  • ...
3
 31
 1,564

Discordian Interlude

Sangre looked over his newest creations. An army of reanimated ponies, a hoofull of griffons, and a couple abominations stitched together from leftover remains gathered in the former throne room of the ruined palace. In a single day under Discord’s tutelage Sangre had gone from straining to raise skeletons to giving his constructs flesh and muscles. Only on close inspection could would one discover their blank white eyes, when they had two that is.

“They smell a bit don’t they Master,” Sangre Mavos commented.

“Well that is millennia old skin you’re working with. Of course they won’t smell like roses. Great job on the
abominations, by the way. Work with what ya got, I always say.”

“Thank you. So I have reanimation down, now what?”

“Well let’s see, we could go over Soul Shatter, or maybe deconstruction that’s a messy one, or perhaps—“ Discord stiffened as a loud PING sounded in his head. “Well, well, well I do believe Celly’s found us. Only a matter of time now.” The God of Chaos flexed his talon/paws. “Your brethren are slacking. I’m barely above mortal, and my cruelty’s a bit high,” he said felling his head as if checking for a fever.

Sangre nodded. “Should we call them back? If the Princess are coming they could be of some help.”

Discord shook his head vigorously. “No, no they’re better off out there doing what they do best. Besides, I can’t wait to see the look on Lulu’s face when she sees some of her old pals fighting and biting again. Too bad they aren’t up for some light conversation,” he said poking a grey pegasus who simply groaned pitifully.

Sangre flipped through a flesh wrapped grimoire, not looking for any particular spell. “Anything I can do to speed up for recovery?”

Discord smiled as the stoic unicorn. It had been quite a long time since anyone had even bothered to care about his wellbeing. If it wasn’t completely against his nature her might even have some empathy for the pony. “Just keep learning some new curses my boy, every new or in this case old magic conjured back to this world helps me.”

The prince nodded and randomly chose a new curse to start practicing.

Discord wished he was still semi-omnipresent. At least then he could check on his Elements, he was his chaos energy fluctuated almost painfully. “Too much cruelty and deceit. Those two are working overtime. Greed and curse and fine, but what was that burst of treachery that faded. Like a lollipop ripped right out of my mouth before I could get a good taste. Sorrows been quiet, nonexistent even. Hope I didn’t drop him in the middle of the ocean by mistake, really should think things through sometimes."

“Shut your mouth. Thinking means plans, plans mean order, order hurts you, it helps them, and Him.” A dark almost forgotten voice said from the back of Discord’s memories.

“I know,” he thought back at himself angrily. “Still it can’t hurt to, I don’t know, have some sort of contingency, right?”

“NO,” the voice thought/shouted. “If the power of Chaos wanes anymore then everything we’ve… I’ve worked for will be destroyed. Order has reigned too long. It’s my time… our time again. Anything to set Him back.”

“I thought I wasn’t supposed to make sense. Besides, isn’t a goal part of a plan even if there’s not plan?” The other voice was silent. “Oh sure now you’re quiet. Not like it wasn’t a legitimate question or anything. Whatever. I’ll check on my little workers and see how things are going."

Comments ( 6 )

Sorry for the lateness and the short chapter. I had a funeral and a wedding to go to in one week. Promise a longer and better chapter if not tonight at least by the end of the weekend.
Btw. I have no idea how stories are put into groups do I have to do it or are there group mods of some type. Any answers will help.

1151116Shit man, I'm seriously sorry for that bucked up time....sounds like life and death bring taken seriously huh? Also, who was the voice? Any of the mares of Disharmony or something even more.....dark. Shit, this is getting so good, and also I got a new story with the CMC up, hope you like it.

Rowdy Ruff Boys.

Huh. Somebody else writing a Harmony/Disharmony duality fic. I must check this out. I wish to compare.

There is potential here. I hope you will continue. Good luck :twilightsmile:

I've had a feeling Nightshade has been deceiving everypony about not working with Discord, at least in some way, and I'd say what Discord says here implies it as well.

Login or register to comment