• Published 28th Jul 2012
  • 2,401 Views, 23 Comments

Hero factory; Equestrian Breakout - SidwaysStraxus



When a breakout occurs, the villians are sent to equestria, and heroes and ponies must team up

  • ...
3
 23
 2,401

Chapter 7 - Now How do I get out of here?

The Everfree forest was very quiet as Fluttershy and Evo trekked back to her house. Fluttershy was at first worried about the metal wolf, but Evo calmly assured her that it would be all right, but Fluttershy couldn’t help but stare at the unconscious form of the beast draped over his shoulders in a fireman’s carry. Fluttershy usually wasn’t one for conversation, however she felt awkward staying silent, after all he did save her life. She was about to say something when Evo stopped in the middle of the path. Fluttershy watched nervously as Evo, seemingly casually glanced around.

“Does something smell… odd to you?” he asked.

The scent hit Fluttershy instantly; she nearly retched at the terrible smell, and meekly nodded. Evo carefully sent down the wolf, and walked towards a small cluster of trees near the side of the path. He reached down and picked up a broken branch and looked at it. Fluttershy looked at it from over his shoulder. One end of the stick was singed, and covered in green slime.

“Toxic Reapa” Evo murmured, barely audible.

“Who?” Fluttershy asked.

“A criminal who uses toxic slime as a weapon… we’re not safe here anymore” Evo stated, turning back to the path. His eyes widened as he saw the Fangz begin to stir. “Stay back” he spoke clearly and sternly to Fluttershy. He then locked eyes with the wolf, which had gotten to its feet at that point. “If I can break off those spikes quickly, then I won’t have to worry about anything getting damaged” he thought about how he could achieve this action without too much risk, when suddenly, a very welcome distraction sounded.

*KA-BOOM*


Thunder stormed down the hallway, with the distance between him and his pursuers growing.

“Get back here you overgrown scrapheap!”

In comparison, the rate of insults thrown by the orange winged one was growing as well.

“Don’t you ever shut up!?” he shouted back. A string of curses from behind him confirmed the negative. “Wait, how long is this hallway anyway?” Thunder thought for a moment before placing a large dent in the wall he was running by. Sure enough, a minute later he passed by the same dent in the wall.“Great, I’ve been going in circles! They’re just trying to wear me down so they can catch me.” Thunder thought for a moment.“If this hall is one big loop… then I should make my own path!” With that, he busted down the wall he was running against, startling a brown pony on the other side. Without thinking it through, Thunder grabbed the bystander as he ran past.

“Hey! Put me down!”

“Fine! But tell those two to stop chasing me!” Thunder bellowed, throwing the pony back at his pursuers. The sound of two horses colliding told him he had hit one of them at least.“Well, gonna have to add assault with an improvised weapon to my list of charges.” Thunder thought, bad enough with all the damage he caused trying to leave this place. He glanced around the hall he was running through. There were many branching hallways, but Thunder couldn’t see a single exit sign in place. “Geez, what kind of place doesn’t mark its exits?”

*Clank*

“What the?” Thunder lifted up his crusher claw to find a small red helmeted filly biting down on it, as if to try (and fail at) slowing him down. He rolled his optics and looked behind him. The hallway was vacant, and there was no sign of the orange pegasus. Thunder turned back and lifted his claw up, bringing the foal level with his sight. “Would you kindly detach yourself from my equipment?” he spoke sternly. The helmeted filly looked at the steel titan, ceasing her ineffective biting, and spoke.

“My name is Overload of the equestrian dimensional guard!” she spoke with a tone too cheerful for Thunder to take seriously. “I’m putting you under arrest for the crime of destruction of private property, breaking and entering, assault, and grievous harm with a body!”

Thunder rolled his optics. “Look kid, are you even a cop?” he snapped. The filly pondered for a moment, before shaking her head. “Then you should leave the job to someone who knows what they’re doing. So why don’t you go play with her friends?”

The filly looked a bit disappointed. “All right…” she turned and looked further up the hall. “Oh, there they are!” and started frantically waving a free hoof.

Thunder half- flinched as he looked head, expecting a blockade, but all he saw were a pair of colts further up the hall. Then his train of thought realized that the issue of the filly attached to his crusher claw had not been addressed properly. “Then here…” He started, shifting the cheerful foal into his hand, “go say hello!” he then rolled her down the hall like a bowling ball. The only warning the two colts had was the filly shouting “Hi guys!” as she collided with them, sending them all into a heap in an intersection in the hall. Thunder slowed down, pondering where the exit was. Deciding to through caution to the wind, seeing how thinking things through wound up causing more trouble, he picked a random direction and kept running.


Mirage watched intently as the terminal fed information into the device, and the device corrupted the system in return. He had spent the last few minutes checking the room to make sure there weren’t any security measures. Mirage wasn’t exactly a sterling example of changeling disguise mastery. He always wound up slipping up too often. What he could do was infiltration and evasion. Break into a place the old fashion way, take what he was ordered to, and when he found a place where he could hide, he simply shifted into another pony so he could lose his tail. Of course, with the tight knit security, and the rather close-knit staff who knew everyone, he had the odds stacked against him.

He hated having such a disadvantage, but then again, odds never always wound up against him. The fact that the hot-headed mare failed to notice any differences in her co-workers’ behavior had been a stroke of luck, and the strange golem that fled the scene practically convinced him that it was his lucky day. Of course, he knew better than to be optimistic like that. People who were optimistic in the midst of danger always wound up kicking the bucket… into a trash compactor. He turned his head back to the terminal to see the process was complete. He removed the device and double checked the terminal to see if he missed anything. The blueprints for the building and several devices were now corrupted, several reports were scrambled, and quite a few maps were now unreadable. The only things intact were a few files on the ponies who worked here.

Wait.

Mirage smirked, pulling up the file on “sparker” the pony he disguised as. If he knew everything about whom he was disguised as, then the chances of him getting out in one piece were much more acceptable for his tastes. His eyes ran through the file several times before he decided he knew enough. He closed the file, assuming his disguise and stepped back from the terminal.

After all, the virus was just about to short out the terminal.

*Bang!*

Mirage flinched as the terminal overloaded, several sparks now jumping from its frame. A voice sounded over the intercom.

“Sparker! What happened to the main terminal?” the voice called. Mirage assumed the voice belonged to the head of the facility. He stepped over and pressed a button on the intercom.

“There was a virus planted in the terminal.” He said, feigning a depressed tone. “I was too focused on saving the data to noticed that it was about to blow.” He paused “by the way I’m fine, thanks for asking.” He finished sarcastically. He hoped his bluff would work, seeing as rumors said that the head had even seen through the guises of more experienced spies.

“Don’t worry; the database was backed up an hour ago. What you need to do is make sure that the perpetrator doesn’t get away. I think he’s lost, seeing as he’s heading for the mess hall. Now get moving and get to the teleporter room!”

Mirage pondered for a moment. “Uh… you did work out the kinks, right?” he spoke cautiously, thinking that he could be walking into a trap.

“Yes of course I did, RaThor would give me hell if I got you stuck in the wall again right?”
Mirage hated having to take a gamble, but he was beginning to see a pattern. “I thought we agreed that we would never speak of it again.” Mirage snapped, with a hint of exasperation.

“Whatever get moving! He’s heading towards the mess hall, so hurry! Straxus out!”

Mirage rolled his eyes as he turned towards the door and made a hasty exit.


“Ow…..” RaThor groaned as another pony finished applying bandages to him.

“O for the love of- stop whining, it will make the burn hurt more!” the other pony groaned, face lightly scrunching into a scowl.

“Doc…” RaThor grumbled. “Tell Sid that star vortex is no longer allowed to work the coffee maker. Or anywhere else in the mess hall for that matter.” The aforementioned rude pony had splashed hot coffee all over his face in front of Celestia, after he simply asked him to surprise him with how she made his coffee. “I really should have seen that coming…” he mumbled.” At least he could take the pain, but burn still stung. Celestia had wisely decided to pass on getting a snack and had decided to leave.

*kcth*


RaThors' ears perked up and he glanced over to the intercom as it crackled to life.

“RaThor! The intruder is heading towards the mess hall! Get ready to ambush him! Straxus out!”

“Of course, more problems to deal with” RaThor sighed and turned to his attendant. “Don’t you just wish it could go back to the old days, where all we had to do was just find whatever artifact fell into our world and send it back to wherever it came?”

The medic scoffed. “And back to the days when no one could get along and charging in gung-ho into the sight of some insane cult who want to use said power to take over the world and sacrifice us to it?”

“Okay I see your point… I just wish it wasn’t as hard to get other worlders to cooperate.”

At that point the ground started to shake.

“Incoming I guess…” RaThor mumbled, as he listened to the commotion on the other side of the door.

“Catch Him! He’s heading for the mess hall!”

“Nope, it’s just in my way!”

RaThor Charged up a spell to stop the renegade from escaping only to stop when he realized that it wasn’t going to be the mess hall the enemy would charge through, but the kitchen.

“Look out!”

“Oops! Scuse’ me outta my way!

“Hey watch it!”

“Sorry, got to run, this needs more sugar!”

“Get back here scrap heap!”

“Oh, there’s the exit!”

RaThor stood bewildered as a metal golem burst out of the kitchen doors wearing a chef hat and covered in flour, knocking him into the nearest table, and charging out the door. RaThor quickly got back up as Inferno dashed by in pursuit, shouting insults all the way. “Cheap shot… two can play this game!” his horn glowed gold has he prepared to cut off the runway and teleported…


… Right in front of Princess Celestia, who was holding the golem in a magical field as the golem was thrashing helplessly and shouting.

“And seriously all I did was touch a freaking door knob, and the whole place goes defcon one! I was just trying to figure out where in this scrapheap of a universe I am, and the next moment I’m being chased by the most insane security team in existence and furthermore…”

RaThor decided it best to tune out the irate robot as he turned to Celestia. “Thanks Celestia, it’s usually our job, but…”

The sun Princess gave a light smile. “Well it’s certainly more interesting this way, besides, I can’t just sit around for my subjects to solve every problem.”

“Yeah try telling that to the peanut gallery” RaThor thought, giving an aside glance to no one in particular. “Well I’m sure you made someone happy. Don’t ask who, I don’t want you looking at me like I’m crazy again”

At that moment, Inferno finally caught up, at this point out of breath, giving a quick bow to Celestia before turning to the trapped figure.“Just… give me a moment… jeez I’m outta shape…all right… you have the right to remain… silent… you have the right…”

“Yeah save it hot rod.” The robot snapped “I know the whole spiel, so save it for someone who never learns.” At that point he did the most frantic double take at Celestia and gave her a glare that could probably make a Timberwolf finch. “Hey! You’re the one who used me as a battering ram!”

What.

Several moments passed, and the ruler of Equestria was looking quite sheepish about her mistake.

“Celestia…” RaThor started, bringing his front hoof to his face. “How many times do I need to remind you… if it looks like a statue, it obviously isn’t.” RaThor glanced around. At this point about two- thirds of the towers population was gathered around, staring at the robot who had mostly worn out his pent up frustration at this point. “Where the Tartarus is Sparker! We need to disarm this guy!”

A sound of a loud pop and crackling of static electricity signified the arrival of the unicorn stallion, followed by a short string of curses as he put out the small fire that had started on the end of his tail.

“Seriously sparker, learn a teleportation spell sometime.”

“Well excuse me for not being gifted with magic as you jerk.” Sparker grumbled.

“Put a lid on it and disarm his weapons!”Inferno barked. Sparker complied, reluctantly, and sauntered over to the robot, and started looking over the menacing looking cannon mounted on his giant claw. RaThor then turned to two green mares, one of whom was still wearing a chef hat, the other wearing an apron.

“You two didn’t get hurt did you, he did charge through the kitchen while you were baking.”

“Don’t worry RaThor, nothing got damaged, and besides, it did need more sugar.”

RaThor started snickering while the other mare simply rolled her eyes. “Never change.” He could barely say between fits of laughter, before abruptly stopping.

“Wasn’t Sparker getting groceries at town?”

“Hey what do ya think you’re doing!?!” the Robot snapped, breaking RaThor out of his thoughts. Whirling around spotting Sparkers hooves getting dangerously close to what was quite obviously a trigger on the cannon. RaThor Shouted.

“CHANGELING!”

*Click*

*FOOOM*

The corridor billowed with thick, nebula like fog, blocking everyone’s vision RaThor tried to use magic to sweep it away, but his magic wouldn’t work. He heard a clang several feet in front of him, followed by a fast paced clattering.

“I can’t see!”

“That robot is escaping! I can hear it!”

“Forget the robot!” RaThor shouted “get that changeling!”

“Nighty night!”

RaThor whirled around in time to see two insectoid eyes before the changeling had knocked him out.


Thunder burst out of the nebula cloud at full sprint desperate to escape. He was so close to escaping, he couldn’t let anything stop him. He rounded another corner as he heard the intercom.

“WHOEVER IS ON DUTY SEAL THOSE DOORS!”

He looked ahead to see the same yellow unicorn that had set off his cannon staring at him like a deer in the headlights. “GET OUT OF MY WAY!” thunder bellowed as loud as his voice would let him. The pony stayed put, absolutely terrified, throwing up a pyramid shield at the last possible second. To Thunders’ point of view, however, he found himself flying through the air after he had gone off one side like a ramp.

And when you’re going at high speeds through the air, and have about a half a ton of weight behind your momentum, not a lot can stop you, not even a wall…

*Crash*

“What the-”

Or apparently gravity.

“SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP”

As Thunder flew high into the air he saw a lot of commotion both above and below him, east of him, a large cloud of smoke billowed, directly below him he could hear the howling of a Fangz, to the west, a tall mountain with a city built into its side, with a storm slowly blowing in, and directly in front of him a bright rainbow arcing across the sky.

“Nature, I get you hate my guts, but do you have to taunt me as I could be falling to my death?”

Of course, not everyone appreciates the scenery.

“Well great… usually in the movies they played on TV, you get saved at the last minute of your fall, if you’re a good guy, and with my karma, oh, wait ive survived worse falls than this without issue… well only one thing to do to pass the time…”

He then proceeded to let out the most bored sounding scream in all history.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”

*Crash*

Thunder got up and brushed the splinters of wood off of his figure, only to be struck hard with what sounded like a frying pan from behind and knocked out.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie does not approve of thugs vandalizing her cart!”

Author's Note:

An Update for all my followers! I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG!

Comments ( 5 )

Things went from bad to -
worse?
No, annoying.

Yay, update! :yay:

Sorry I was very late on this. :applejackunsure: I only just got to it.

Whoo Hoo:yay: a Hero Factory/My Little Pony crossover!

One thing i am suprised with is the introduction of technology with the ponies.

Will we be seeing a fire villains or savage planet villains or revealing the background of these villains?

3543499 sorry for the ridiculously late reply. writer's block, schoolwork, and other assorted issues that I don't have the patience to explain does not a happy pony make :ajbemused:
to answer you...
Yes, There are going to be Fire Villains, all of them
For savage planet, Witch doctor And Fangz are confirmed, I haven't picked out a place or time for them yet.
That villain background idea is nice, but I can only think of one villain *coughblackphantomcough* where it would be useful *coughsuicideplanWTH?cough* without causing a 'every time a fight starts someone has a flashback' syndrome.
and though you didn't ask...
I will somehow work in Brain attack (or at least the villains, and some hero designs) but NOT invasion from below
how would I explain a giant mecha anyway? :unsuresweetie:
edit: oh right tech!
you know those ridiculously oversized computers from before the 1980-something's?
Yeah, the teleporter however... erm... I'm going to have to explain that...without redoing work...or taking away from the story

That bored scream thoh.

Login or register to comment