• Published 12th Mar 2018
  • 1,537 Views, 20 Comments

Twilight The Puppy - BlueCuddlePonyGhost



Twilight is always willing to learn something new. So when Princess Celestia sends her a spell, Twilight is more than happy to accept. But what happens when the spell turns her into a puppy? Oh no! Can Twilight return to normal? Only time will tell.

  • ...
0
 20
 1,537

Chapter 4: Distractions

Chapter 4: Distractions

Puppy Twilight rushed up to her library, and searched for every book she could find! She ended up finding several books, but only four or so went into great detail.

"Okay. Out of all the books I found, these four seem to be the most helpful. Those being 'Dogs and Ponies: How to Live With Your Canine', 'The Ins and Outs of Dogs', 'Dog Behaviors: Normal, Abmormal, and How to Be Healthy, and finally 'Dog Care: Training, Health, Concerns, and Husbandry'. I think I'll start with the first book, since Fluttershy gave me it," Twilight told herself. She started to flip through the book, and read it.

"Okay. It says dogs have many different skills and personalities. They are protective of family and friends, and some dogs can be more friendly then others. Health is important, like the teeth being clean, a well groomed fur coat, and overall hygiene. In addition, dominance must be shown to the dog so they know who is boss. Certain chores must be done too, like playing with the puppy, feeding, giving water to drink, cleaning up after them, and giving them attention. Well all of that makes sense! What else does it say?" Twilight said, as she read the information in the book.

"It also says puppies can get easily distracted, will go after random objects that are in their territory, and even get into mischief because they are either chasing something, curiousity, or as they are doing something fun. Hmmmm. Well, hopefully that won't happen to me - Wait! What's that I hear?" Twilight said as she read the book, only to be distracted.

Outside, ponies were trotting about as they passed the Golden Oak library, minding their own business. However, for puppy Twilight, it was annoying. Normally, ponies passing by wouldn't be a problem, but having ponies -even ones she knew when she was a pony - pass by her library, without her permission, invading her territory was just too much! Puppy Twilight snapped.

"HEY YOU! YES YOU! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT! STAY AWAY FROM MY LIBRARY! THIS IS MY HOME! MINE! MY YARD, MY LIBRARY, AND MY SAFE PLACE! GET OUT! GET OFF MY LAWN, AND STAY AWAY FROM MY HOME! ... I KNOW YOU'RE STILL THERE! DIDN'T YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID?!" Twilight exclaimed in a combination of stress, urgency, frustration, and willingness to protect her home.

Lyra Heartstrings, and Bon Bon stood confused outside the library as they gazed up at the upper balcony, as a sudden, and intense amount of barking could be heard. They didn't know Twilight got a dog! Or maybe she was dog sitting for somepony. Still, it was quite the surprise. They then carefully, and quickly ran off.

"YEAH, YOU BETTER RUN! LEAVE! AND STAY AWAY UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE!" Twilight shouted, not knowing her words were nothing more then barks to other ponies. Puppy Twilight sighed as the "strange ponies" went away. Boy being a puppy was stressful! Wait! Oh no! Not now! Not another intruder! This time, she knew what was outside.

"SQUIRREL! SQUIRREL! LEAVE! GO AWAY! STOP CHATTERING! GET OUT OF MY LIBRARY!" Twilight shouted, again her words being heard as barks outside. The squirrels fleed as the barks came, until they were away from the big tree.

"Finally! No more intruders!" Twilight said, before going downstairs to get a drink of water. Good thing Spike had left a water bowl before leaving. After she finished drinking, Twilight went back upstairs and looked for something to play with.

"I know we had some dog toys up hear somewhere," Twilight told herself as she looked through the toys in the closet. It was filled with Spike's comic books, random objects, and such, but no dog toys in sight. Suddenly, a box of toys opened, and a red squeaky bone fell out of it. The squeaky toy landed right in front of Twilight's front paws.

"Hmmm?" Twilight said, before poking the toy with her paws. A high, playful squeak came from the toy. Twilight's eyes beamed with joy, and her ears perked up. She loved it! Twilight hit the squeaky bone with her paw again, but this time, a bit harder!

Squeak! came the noise from the rubber bone as it got gently pushed by Twilight's paw, flew into the air, then bounced gently on the floor, squeaking as it bounced. Twilight gasped, and smiled with joy! This squeaky toy could bounce too?!

Twilight was jubilant over how much fun this new toy would be for her. It was no surprise why dogs loved these toys! This time however, she decided on a more interesting challenge. What if the toy squeaked and bounced while Twilight chased it? An interesting, and fun challenge indeed! Puppy Twilight gladly accepted the challenge! Twilight hit the red squeaky bone with her right paw, and watched it bounce and squeak, while flying throughout the room! It hit the wall - now the table - now the bed leg - now the wall again! Twilight watched carefully, but excitedly as the toy bounced all over her room. Twilight jumped, trying to whack the toy with her paws more, missing each time.

Luckily, Twilight had placed a magical shield around her newest projects so nothing would damage the test tubes, liquids, or other objects that she would need later on. She of course did this when she was a pony, to prevent any nighttime mishaps. The toy bounced off the shield every time it looked like a book or test tube would be knocked over, which was good. The red squeaky bone then bounced onto Twilight's bed, stopping on top of the covers.

'Now I have you!' puppy Twilight thought as she got into a pouncing position, aiming for the bed. She was like a wolf as it focused on a rabbit a foot away. A red, rubber, squeaky rabbit that was really a chew toy, but same idea. She waited for her moment, then using her back legs, pushed off the floor, flying towards her bed!

"Gottcha!" Twilight said as she flew onto her bed covers, using her paws to try and catch the rubber bone. Within seconds, her paws missed, her speed was faster than she thought, and instead of the toy being grabbed by her jaw and paws, her covers filled her grasp with soft, long, linen, as she grabbed them, fell to the other side of the bed, and sent the squeaky toy flying! The red bone toy bounced off the walls again, this time accidentally hitting the light switch before bouncing to a hault.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!" screamed Twilight as she fell to the ground, her bed sheets falling right on top of her. Twilight got up, but as she did, the purple puppy quickly realized that she was now completely covered up in her sheets. Not only that, but it was dark in the room.

"Ahhhh! Ahhhhhhhh!! Help! Oh! Grrrr! Help! Who turned out the lights?!" Twilight exclaimed, as she tried her best to get out of her bed sheet, getting tangled up more with every attempt. While she struggled however, she didn't notice the red rubber toy in front of her.

Squeak! squeaked the toy as the sheet-covered puppy accidentally stepped on it with her linen paws.

"Ahhhhhh! What was that?!" Twilight cried out, now spooked by whatever had touched her paw. After a minute, she stood still, then moved forward. Another squeak! came from her paws. The squeaky toy!

"Aha! Now I got you!" Twilight said, feeling for the toy with her sheet covered paws, before pouncing on it! It was finally hers! Twilight pressed on the toy with her paws, but also tried to get it in her mouth. Problem was, being stuck under a bed sheet can make getting a toy in your mouth a lot harder.

Eventually, after having enough of the troublesome toy, she carefully balanced it on her sheet-covered snout, and stumbled over to the closet where she found the box of dog items and dropped it in.

"Good! Toy is put away. Now to get out of my bed sheets! Grrr! Get off of me! Ooooohhhh! Ah! Ahhh ahhhh ahhh! Oooohhhh! Help! Help! I can't see anything!" puppy Twilight cried out, flailing about, looking like a ghost puppy rather than a puppy playing games. Suddenly, the front door opened.

Author's Note:

Author's Note: The original author of this story, TheMysteryMuffin is co-writing this story with me now.

Comments ( 9 )

oh god the cuteness

9047494
What do you mean by "the cuteness"?

9047572
I know twilight is supposed to be a puppy but in my mind all I see is a little tiny twilight just doing all the things that a puppy does hence the cuteness

9047575
Thank you for explaining. Of course Twilight is the same size she was as a pony, just as puppy now instead of a pony. :-)

And yes, she is cute.

Awww, so cute! :twilightsmile: I like how Twilight is slowly turning, mentally, into a puppy.

9051491
Glad you like it. More puppy mayhem coming soon

Spike when he will enter : bruh

9058928
Haha. :-)
Not exactly, you will find out in the next chapter.

9059228
And when is the next chapter ?

Login or register to comment