• Published 20th Feb 2018
  • 2,106 Views, 73 Comments

Recovering Friendship - Redwalllover28



When Starlight Glimmer succeeds in converting Twilight's friends into her beliefs of equality Celestia and Sunset Shimmer have to save Twilight and her friends before it is too late to change them back.

  • ...
9
 73
 2,106

Chapter 3 Spike's worries, Discord's Concern, and princesses plight

When Twilight and the others first left Ponyville Spike didn't mind. After all it meant he had more time for himself without having to do a lot of chores, errands, and other things that cut into his naps. But things started to change when the girls hadn't returned to Ponyville in about a week. It started with Discord arriving at Twilight's castle unannounced, or rather Discord just appearing of thin air and startling young Spike.

"Have you seen Flutttershy lately?" Discord asked "She wasn't at her cottage. And today was the day we were suppose to be having afternoon tea together. Even Angel bunny doesn't know where Fluttershy is at. All he said was that the last place Fluttershy had been was Twilight's new castle. And that she had been gone a week. The other animals confirmed it. I asked them too, so what's going on? Have the girls been having some kind of week long sleepover or something to help strengthen their friendship or what? And if they have I feel as though I should be part of it. After all, I still have much to learn about friendship you know."

As he was talking he was using his magic to hold Spike in the air. It didn't scare the young drake too much, but he was surprised that Discord cared about Fluttershy's feelings. After the Tirek fiasco Spike was still unsure about Discord. But what he said was sort of the same story he had heard from Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom as well as the rest of the Apple family. Scootaloo hadn't seen Rainbow Dash anywhere around town, Sweetie Belle had to go to Sweet Apple Acres where Applebloom lives because Rarity hadn't returned home for a week either. Applejack'swhole family was wondering where she had disappeared to since it was not like her to go off somewhere without telling them where. Originally, Spike told everypony not to worry, that they were on some kind of mission and would be back soon. But now that a week had gone by without even lettter from Twilight Spike himself was beginning to worry. But something Discord said surprised Spike. So, he asked:

"You can understand non-talking animals?"

"Well I am the spirit of chaos." Discord said in a quite matter-a-fact way "But my question is: do you know where Fluttershy and the others are?"

"No I don't." Spike answered "All I know is that the castle suddenly produced some kind of magical table map and the girls went off to investigate."

Discord just noticed the mysterious table in the middle of the room. He said: "I have lived for centuries, I am older than the princesses you know, and I have neverseen anything like this!" Then he noticed the cutie marks. Not only were they in one place, but most of them had changed to equal marks! "What do you make of this?" he asked pointing out the unusual thing to Spike said he didn't know. but now he was REALLY worried. "We better get Sun and Moon Butts." Discord suggested, Spike agreed, but reminded Discord that he should be more respectful of the princesses. "Oh fine. Don't be a killjoy Spike." And before Spike could say anything else, Discord teleported both of them to Canterlot castle.

Celestia was astonished to say the least when Discord and Spike suddenly appeared in the throne room. Fortunately Celestia was having a lunch break so no pony else saw Discord. That wasn't to say she was pleased by his sudden pop-up.

"Discord! You better have a good excuse for showing up unannounced!" Celestia exclaimed "Don't make me call my guards!"

"Really Tia, I am the spirit of chaos, I could easily take care of your guards. " Discord reminds her matter-of-factly "But I just want to talk to you and Lulu about a most important matter."

Spike who was standing behind Discord says: "He's not joking princess. It involves Twilight and the others!"

Celestia would have dismissed Discord's words if Spike hadn't spoken up.After canceling the rest of the court sessions for the day, she went to wake up Luna. And while not accustomed to getting up a little before sunset, Celestia woke up her sister Luna, who after hearing the strange things happening at Twilight's castle agreed they should go there at once.

Once there they saw the unusual map. "This is something we have never seen before in our lifetime. " Celestia said

"Agreed. " said Luna "The question is 'what is going on?' Because it looks like some pony is using strange magic. For what purpose I don't know. But something tells me that this may not end well. "

Celestia didn't like what Luna had
just said, and hated Discord's next words even more: " And you can't send Twilight and the others to investigate because their already there. "

"So, what do we do?" Celestia asked slightly annoyed

"Why not go to the mirror world and ask Sunset Shimmer for help?" Spike suggested

While Celestia was a little nervous about this suggestion, she knew they had no other choice. Luna meanwhile was thinking 'I hope everything works out. Otherwise we may have something worse than Nightmare Moon on our hooves. '

Meanwhile in Our Town

In Starlight Glimmer's shack she was putting Twilight through her final stage of training. Twilight was no longer resisting her and was willingly answering her questions without Starlight having to use her truth serum. The equal mark was stronger now, but Twilight didn't care. Starlight Glimmer's had put Twilight in a trance using a pocket watch. Twilight just sat there listening to Starlight's motherly voice convincing her to let go of the last bit of her personality. "After all, you want to rejoin your friends don't you?" She asks sweetly and gets a nod from Twilight, "Good. And if any pony but me which includes you should get their cutie marks back, you will remember your brother's wedding and trust no pony but me. Any pony who was at your brother's wedding and has a cutie mark is not to be trusted, understand?" This gets a yes. "Good. And you will continue to wear the halter and tell ponies it is to remind yourself to be humble yes?"

"Yes Starlight my master. " was Twilight's response

"Good now get some rest, tomorrow you become part of the community. When I stomp my hoof 3 times you will go to sleep and in the morning act like every pony else, but should your friends return to normal you will only trust me."

With that she stomps her hoof 3 times and Twilight goes to sleep.In the morning Twilight publicly gets her mane cut like the rest of the town, also her tail shortened. She gives the explanation for the halter and her friends are happy. But Double Diamond and his friends are concerned. As well as 3 young fillies in Our Town who had noticed the mane 6's friendship and wondered what would happen next.

Author's Note:

So now Celestia is going to help but will it be enough? Will Sunset Shimmer be able to find a way to help? What Starlight do next? Continue reading to find out!

Comments ( 27 )

Its been so long that I forgot what a completely abominable, horrid, vile, and repulsive monster this version of starlight is.

Seeing her get her comeuppance is going to be deeply satisfying.

9324737
Been busy. But let's just say Starlight's plan may bring Celestia's worst out. Good thing sunset will be there.

Just have Discord and Sunset show up and start blasting magic all over, and make sure to snap Starlight's horn off, I hate that mare and can't stand they made her Twilight's student instead of Sunset.

9324794
I feel the same way about the student thing myself.

9324743
Good thing it's Sunset?

So Sunset is going to have to rein in Discord going apeshit over what has happened to Fluttershy, and keep Celestia from going Daybraker over Twi, all while empathizing with both of them and wanting a pound of flesh herself?

She and Luna are going to have there hooves full with that, all the while fighting their own want for vengeance, but stopping due to their history with such negative feelings.

Or Starlight is going to run headling into Daybraker, Nightmare Moon, Sunset Satin and a pissed off Discord, all out for her blood. I'm cool with either outcome.

9325128
We'll see no spoilers.

You're alive! :D

SO, wait, wait, wait! IF Celestia goes through the mirror, will she look like Principal Celestia, or a more royal version?
Will they save the main 6?!
Will Discord and Spike save them all because they doesn't have a cutie mark and can't be equalized?
Oi, this is making my head spin.... Redwall, girl, this is crazy good, I have missed reading your work and working with you.

9455837
Well, hopefully next week I'll be able to start working with you.

You have my attention.

9455955

2 months and
7 days later

9597230
I will update soon. Been busy

will u still finish this story? :fluttershysad:

9802303
Been a year now.

10404408
I know. But I will finish this story.

10331320
Oh yes. It's going to be a shocker.

Will this be continued?

10527810
Yes. Just been so busy that I have not had the time to continue it. But it will be updated.

I hope you continue things are starting to get good!

10528652
When's the next chapter to this story, I wanna see Starlight get her just desserts!

Are you still going to continue the story?

Login or register to comment