• Published 10th Jan 2018
  • 313 Views, 2 Comments

The Shadow War - Jikkith



After a 'disaster' strikes different cites, the survivors are dwindling.

  • ...
 2
 313

The connection

Fires sprung up sky high, they came from the east, that was until they engulfed the city. It didn't take long until the sky had been coated in a sea of ash, plunging Chicago into a black smog.

The Air Force tried to hold them back, let us evacuate but they were caught in the smog, it didn't take long before they were shredded from the sky. I can only think of what they went through in those final moments.

As we always do we adapted, and pockets of survivors were scattered among the affected cities. I and a few others went out on scouting party's trying to find other survivors who had been lucky enough to evade the carnage. We found almost no one after 3 weeks of searching through rubble to try and find food and water, yet we had eventually come across other survivors.

Now we had finally connected two groups of survivors we had to make secret trade routes, as the enemy patrolled from above ready to pounce, no others would attempt this, makes sense we lost 4 guys setting up one route, ONE ROUTE. We eventually found that this hidden enemy was becoming more scarce, and fewer people were dying.

After eventually searching the whole city for two months, and finding other survivors both on their own and together, we decided to form a council and elect a leader, I was chosen to represent my settlement because I had formed it, the council then chose me as their leader, the tiebreaker, I thought if ever a disaster scenario were to happen I would be a coward. Guess situations like these bring out the best in people.

As the new Chicago city leader I decided that it was time to strike back, first we needed to contact the outside world, we tried radio, driving, but eventually, we gave up we just had to wait, nothing could escape that dome of smoke.

Eventually, we realized that fires were still burning but they had slowly turned purple and that the lake had changed colour to a much darker blue as well. We came to the conclusion that... At this point, we all looked up and smoke trails in the sky; red, blue and lots of white. We all knew what was happening, and that it had to be done fast.

We rounded up as many of the survivors as we could, none were left behind. A settlement had stockpiled working cars and fuelled them, we all loaded up and started a convoy out. It didn’t take long until those... those things above us, saw us and tried to stop us. We lost many survivors that day, we made it to the end of the smog dome where the military was waiting for us.

The army was well prepared, as soon as we were around 400 meters away the sky erupted into explosions and streaks of bullets. We just kept going, we lost around 30 people that day all of them with family’s and friends. We reached the edge of the dome where it was held open by two large blocks of concrete.

As soon as we phased through the barrier we were immediately hit with a wave of heat and we all broke into a sweat, not just because of the heat but also because of the sea of bodies around the dome. They almost resembled a horse but with wings? One guy said it was called a Pegasus, but what got me was it has this almost armor on it protecting its helm, like something that one really hard game todo with fire or something. These whole last 3-4 months have been insane, I still don't know what to make of it.

Meanwhile in Equestria

Recently many ponies near the edge of the Everfree forest have gone missing, most notably Zecora who had helped many residents of Ponyville with their troubles through the use of her mystical potions. Many scouting parties had eventually found what could only be described as an army found deep in the Everfree forest, this was a matter of great importance that the princesses could not decide upon.

The princesses waved in the mayors of all towns in Equestria for an important meeting regarding a new land that had opened in the Everfree forest. This caused much discussion among the mayors and royalty as the portal had begun to produce warriors like they have never seen before.

These warriors were bi-pedal and carried weaponry that could damage from afar but were easily blocked by magic or swift flying, they were not magic and thus meant that they could be manipulated. This new foe could present a threat to Equestria and her people and must be stopped as it grows larger.

Although the meeting was held in the capital of love The Crystal Empire, a more aggressive response was deemed necessary as this was a threat similar to no other they have faced before.

It was decided in the meeting that the portal shall be guarded at all times to prevent intrusions by stationing many royal guardponies at the entrance, this new foe was deemed to be a force to be reckoned with, it was clear they were much more technologically advanced than us.

Princess Luna had decided to undermine her sisters by sending her personal guard to strike back against the intruders and cause harm discretely. By Luna deciding to send her personal guard without alerting anyone else she had inadvertently begun a war in this new realm deemed Terra. Luna had also taken a vacation swiftly after this portal was discovered this was to enter the realm herself and attempt to acquire vengeance against her newfound enemy.

The strikes on nearby population centres in Terra resulted in the loss of many guardponies but also the establishment of a foothold in the new world, they did so at bewildering speeds as fires spread across cities decimating those below as Princess Luna cast a spell to trap all of the smog in a dome and block the sun.

Eventually, Princess Luna had to return to Equestria and come back from her 'holiday', this was to the dismay of her guardponies who were weaker in magic and occasionally let breaches of their combatants through to the other side of the dome.

Author's Note:

Not the best I know and I shouldn't use 'it's my first story' as an excuse but oh well. Also most of this is just exposition with a bit of action but still, its a start. Please tell me where you should think this can go, I have an idea but ideas are welcome, and do tell me where I can improve the writing.

Comments ( 2 )

More please

Id love to make more mechcl3, however, I don't really know where to take it. I mean I have a rough idea but still, ideas are welcome!

Login or register to comment