• Published 7th Jan 2018
  • 1,758 Views, 31 Comments

Starlight and the son of Sombra - Will Atkinson



It is a special day in Canterlot as the mane 6 along with Starlight glimmer celiberate Princess Celestia's birthday but when an evil pony comes and captures all of the princesses it's up to Starlight to make the most important decision of her life

  • ...
3
 31
 1,758

Chapter 7: The End

After Sombra was gone Shadow fell right in front of Starlight, just then Twilight and the others stopped when they saw Starlight standing over Shadow. As Starlight put her hoof on his cheek Shadow Flames slowly opened his eyes and looked at Starlight.

"Starlight. You, you came back."

"Of course I came back. I couldn’t let Sombra… Oh this is all my fault. If only I’d gotten here sooner." Said Starlight, as she held him close to her.

"Maybe it's better, it's better this way." Said Shadow Flames as he started to cough.

Starlight just shook her head and put her hoof on his mouth and said to him.

"Now come on Shadow, don't talk like that.You'll be all right. We're together now. Everything's going to be fine. You'll see."

Just then Shadow Flames put his hoof on Starlight's cheek and smiled at her.

"At least I got to see you one... last...time."

Starlight put Shadow Flames' hoof closer to her cheek just then she felt his hoof drop down a little and when she looked at Shadow Flames, he slowly laid his head down on the ground and slowly his eyes closed. When Starlight saw this she put her hooves on her mouth and gasped.

"No, no! Please! Please! Please don't leave me! I love you!" Said Starlight as she started to cry.

As Starlight was crying all of the other ponies started to cry as well not seeing that the last page of the spell book had just vanished. Then suddenly the rain started to shimmer and as every pony looked they saw Shadow's body rows up and then suddenly a big flash of light blinded theme for a second and when the flash of light disapered there where Shadow Flames was was a pony with white fur with a golden mane and tail. As the ponies looked at the pony in shock Starlight slowly started to approach him put when he started to move she quickly stepped back away from him. When the pony got up he looked at his hooves and then turned around to see everypony looking at him and then he saw Starlight and said to her while she was looking at him with a mysterious look..

"Starlight, it's me!"

As Starlight, continued to look at him skeptically, she then noticed his eyes was the same red color as Shadow Flames then she then knew that she was looking at Shadow Flames.

"It is you!"

As they look into each others eyes Shadow Flames pulled Starlight close to him and kissed her. As he did so fireworks display explodes around them. The gloom surrounding the castle disappears, revealing a blue sky. The castle is transformed, with the gargoyles changing into guard ponies just then Torch came up to the two ponies.

"Oh my prince you have returned." He said with a bow.

Shadow Flames smiled at Torch and hugged him.

"Hello old friend."

Just then Shadow Flames looked at Celestia and the other princesses and started to walk up the them. When he got to the princesses he bowed low to the princesses and said to them.

"Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Twilight I just wanted to say that I am sorry for what I did and I hope you all will forgive me."

After he said the the four princesses looked at one another then Celestia came up to him and smiled at him.

"Of course we forgive you, everypony deserves a second chance."

Hearing this Shadow smiled and bowed to Celestia and went back to Starlight, and then Shadow picked up Starlight and started to spin her around.

"Wow who knew that evil pony would turn out to be good after all." Said Applejack.

"Yeah you got that right Aj." Said Rainbow Dash.

"You know what this calls for everypony?" Asked Pinkie Pie.

"A party?" Asked everypony.

"That's right a party." Said Pinkie as she got her party canon and started to fire confetti.

Some time later in the ballroom of the castle Starlight and Shadow Flames started to dance with everypony watching them.

"Ah, l'amour." Said Torch, as he watched Starlight and Shadow dancing.

Just then Iris came up to him and brushed his face with a feather duster. As she started to walked away Torch chuckled and started after her only being stopped by Silver Hooves.

"Well Torch, old friend. Shall we let bygones be bygones?"

Torch smiled at his friend and said to him.

"Of course, mon ami. See I told you she would break the spell."

Silver Hooves: I beg your pardon, old friend, but I believe I told you.

Torch: No you didn't. I told you.

Silver Hooves: You most certainly did not, you pompous parrafin-headed pea-brain!

Torch: Oh yeah? Well en garde, you, you silver rich snotty pony!

And then the two started to fight some of the ponies watching them began to laugh. Meanwhile back with Starlight and Shadow who were still dancing Caroline and her son Blitz were watching them with the four princesses.

"Are they gonna live happily ever after mom?" Blitz, asked his mother.

"Of course my dear, of course." Said Caroline.

Just then Celestia, saw her former student starting to cry.

"Why Twilight, whats the matter dear?"

"Oh I'm just so proud of Starlight Celestia."

"We are too Twilight, you really tout her well." said Luna.

Twilight: "Thanks Luna."

Luna: "You are welcome Twilight."

Back with Starlight and Shadow he could see Starlight was looking at him funny so he decided to ask her what was wrong.

"What, what is it Starlight?"

Starlight just smiled at him and asked.

"How would you feel about growing a beard?"

Hearing that Shadow smiled and growled playfully at her after that they started to laugh together then everypony started to sing and dance.

[CHORUS]

Certain as the sun
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme
Starlight and the Son of Sombra

Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme
Starlight and the Son of Sombra

Comments ( 2 )

Whooooo! I kinda forgot about this.

Awesome! I had kinda forgotten about this myself... Lol. But I'm glad to see it finally conclude. It was an amazing story. Keep up the good work!

Login or register to comment