• Published 7th Jan 2018
  • 1,762 Views, 31 Comments

Starlight and the son of Sombra - Will Atkinson



It is a special day in Canterlot as the mane 6 along with Starlight glimmer celiberate Princess Celestia's birthday but when an evil pony comes and captures all of the princesses it's up to Starlight to make the most important decision of her life

  • ...
3
 31
 1,762

Chapter 1 (Edited)

It was a nice sunny day in Equestria as the ponies were decorating Canterlot Castle for Princess Celestia's birthday. As they were decorating, a pink pony whose name was Pinkie Pie was telling the ponies where everything went.

"Here, the streamers go here - that's it, the cake needs to be at the center of the palace, no, the statue goes to your left, not your right. Oh, wait a minute, here, there."

Just then, Pinkie heard a loud crash and when she ran towards the crash, she saw Derpy picking up the shattered remains of another statue of Celestia.

"Derpy, what in Equestria's name did you do?!"

Derpy looked at the pink pony and said in a sad voice, "Oh I'm so sorry Pinkie, it just slipped."

Just then Princess Twilight arrived.

"Hey Pinkie, how are the preparations for Celestia's birthday coming along?"

Just then, Twilight saw the pieces of Celestia's statue all over the floor.

"Huh, Pinkie, what in Celestia's name happened to the Princess’ statue?"

Pinkie looked at Derpy, then back to Twilight.

"Why don't you ask Derpy?"

After Pinkie said that, Twilight looked at Derpy, who had a silly grin on her face.

"Derpy, did you have something to do with this?

When Twilight said that Derpy, looked at her and with a sigh, she said in a sad voice, "Yes, Princess Twilight, I'm sorry. It just slipped out of my hooves."

Twilight just looked at Derpy. Then, she sighed and powered up her horn, fixing the statue of Celestia in no time.

"There we go. All fixed now. Pinkie, where would you like the statue at?” Twilight asked.

Pinkie looked all over. Then she saw where to put the statue at.

"Oh, you can just put it right there, where it says ‘Happy Birthday Princess Celestia.’ "

With that, Twilight lifted up the statue and placed it where Pinkie told her to put it.

After that, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Rarity came by.

"Oh my, this is so wonderful!" said Rarity.

"You ain't kidding, sugarcube. This is going to be the best birthday that Celestia has ever had." said Applejack.

"Yeah, this is going to be so AWESOME!” screamed Rainbow Dash.

Just then, Fluttershy looked around and said, "Hey, um, where is Starlight at, Twilight?"

Twilight giggled and said to her friend, "She is helping Princess Luna and Princess Cadence to make sure Celestia doesn't come out and see what we are doing."

"Well, darling, I must say she will be so surprised when she comes out that door and see all of this." said Rarity with a glimmer in her eyes.

"Yeah, but you know Celestia, she'll do anything to try to get out of the castle," said Spike, the little baby dragon. Then everypony laughed.

Meanwhile, in the palace, Starlight, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadence were trying to keep Celestia in the palace until Twilight and the others were ready for them.

"Oh dear, I don't think we can keep this up, Luna. Celestia is getting suspicious." said Starlight.

Luna just giggled and said, "Don't worry, Miss Glimmer, it won't be long until Twilight will be ready to call us to bring Celestia out of the castle and to the party."

Suddenly, they saw Celestia trying to get out of the palace, but she was stopped by the guards.

"Get out of my way this instant!" shouted Celestia.

But the guards shook their heads, and one of them said, "We're sorry, princess, but we are under strict orders to keep you in the palace."

"For what, exactly?" she asked.

"Sorry, princess, but we can't tell you,” said the other royal guard.

Just then Princess Cadence came running towards them.

"Oh goodness! Thanks, you guys, for stopping her! You are now dismissed."

The guards saluted the Princess of Love and then, one of them said.

"No problem at all, princess."

With that, they left, leaving Celestia with Cadence.

As they did so, Celestia turned to Cadence and said to her in a stern voice, "Ok, that's it. What is so important that I can't leave the castle?"

Just then, Luna and Starlight came up to the two alicorns.

"You just can't right now, sister." said the Princess of the Night.

Before Celestia could say anything else, the door opened and there stood Twilight.

"Oh, I see that you all are here. Well, we are ready for Princess Celestia."

"Ready for what?" asked Celestia.

Twilight giggled and said to the Sun Princess, "You'll see, princess."

With that, Starlight took a line of cloth and wrapped it around Celestia's eyes.

"Hey, what is this for?" Celestia asked.

"You'll see, Your Majesty." said Starlight, who had just finished putting the blindfold around Celestia's eyes. With the help of the others, they helped Celestia outside.

After they made it outside, Twilight looked at the princess and asked, "You ready, Princess?"

Celestia nodded and said, "Yes, as ready as I'll ever be, Twilight."

With that, Twilight took off the blindfold off Celestia. Celestia was shocked at what she was seeing. There were birthday banners, balloons, and streamers everywhere.

"What, what is all this?" Celestia asked.

Just then, everypony came out of hiding and shouted, "Surprise! Happy birthday, Princess Celestia!"

Celestia looked at everypony in shock.

"Well, what do you think sister?" Luna asked.

Celestia looked at all of the ponies with smiles on their faces and said in a sad voice, "Oh wow, everypony, this is so wonderful. Thank you."

Just then, Pinkie Pie popped out of nowhere and said in a happy voice, "Well what are we waiting for? Let's get this party started!”

But before they could get the party started, everypony heard the sound of something approaching. As everypony looked up, they saw an airship coming towards them.

“What in tarnation is that?” asked Applejack.

"Oh, maybe it's the clowns I ordered!" said Pinkie, happily.

"Um, Pinkie, I don't think that thing is carrying clowns." said RD.

"Nonsense, Dash, it has to be the clowns that I ordered!"

But Pinkie's excitement changed when the ship crashed on top of some of the party supplies.

"Ok, maybe that is not the clowns I ordered."

Just then, the airship’s doors opened up, and out stepped a pony with a cloak over himself.

"Ponies of Equestria, it is I, Shadow Flames, and I am here for the princesses." said the pony, with venom in his voice.

When he said that, everypony gasped and then, the princesses came up towards the pony.

"Shadow Flames, is it? What do you want with us?” asked Celestia.

Shadow Flames laughed and said, "I'm glad you asked, princess of the sun. I'm here for you and the other princesses to surrender to me."

After he said that, everypony looked at him, shocked. What had the princesses done to him that made him want them to surrender to him?

Just then, Twilight slowly walked up to Shadow Flames and said, with a little nervousness in her voice, "Um, hi there. I'm Princess Twilight Sparkle, and I don't know what this is all about, but maybe we can settle this more calmly."

Shadow Flames looked at Twilight and said with more venom in his voice, "Uh yes, the Princess of Friendship. The one who was responsible for the destruction of my father."

When everypony heard this, they were shocked.

"Twilight, what does he mean?" asked Spike.

Twilight looked at Spike and said, "I don't know Spike. I have never met his father before."

"Oh, but you have, princess. In fact, your friends know him as well." said Shadow Flames.

After he said that, Rainbow Dash flew right up to Shadow Flames and said in a loud voice.

"Quit it with these guessing games and tell us what in the world of Equestria are you talking about!"

After that, Shadow Flames huffed and said, "Very well, since you asked so nicely, I'll tell you. Does the name ‘King Sombra’ ring any bells?"

When he said that, everypony gasped and looked at the pony.

"You mean to tell us that you are Sombra's Son?" asked Luna.

"Bingo! Give the princess of the moon a prize." said Shadow Flames.

After he said that, Pinkie Pie popped up and said, "Oh, ok. Luna, what prize would you like?"

"PINKIE!!!!" shouted everypony.

"Ooops. Sorry, everypony."

"I never knew Sombra had a child,” said Celestia, who stood there in shock.

"My father didn't want anypony to know. He and I never saw eye to eye. In fact, I hated him and when he, my mother and I returned, my mother and I left after you destroyed him.

But back then, I never wanted revenge on you all. I wanted to thank you for stopping him.

That is, until a while back, my mother died.

When she did, I had to take care of the castle myself, along with other ponies who left with me and my mom.

One day, I decided to make some friends, so, using a cloaking spell to hide my wings, I decided to go out and make some friends.

But when I got into town, a few miles away from where my castle is, I heard some ponies call me a monster and a thing because of they way I looked.

After that, I left never to return, but then, when I got back to my castle I decided that if they wanted a monster, I would give them one.”

After he said that, he removed his cloak and then, everypony gasped as they saw that Shadow Flames was an alicorn with black fur, red dragon like eyes. Also, he had fangs as teeth. Finally, he had a dark mane and tail, with a flame as a cutie mark.

"I can't believe what I'm seeing." said Applejack.

"He's an alicorn,” said Rarity.

"But, how can this be?" asked Cadence.

Shadow Flames looked at the Princess of Love and told her.

"Oh, it's very simple, my dear Cadence. You see, my mother was a pegasus and when I was born, I had a horn and wings. That is why I'm an alicorn."

Just then, Celestia stepped forward and said in a very stern voice, "Well it doesn't matter if you are an alicorn or not, but we will not surrender to the likes of you. Now leave before we stop you!”

When Celestia said that, Shadow laughed and said, “Oh, my dear princess, I knew you would choose the hard way."

Suddenly, Shadow powered up his horn and fired its magic right at Celestia, but Cadence stepped right in front of Celestia and put a barrier around them. Shadow's magic was too strong and then it broke through the barrier and hit Cadence, turning her into stone.

"CADENCE!!" Shouted Celestia.

When Shadow saw that Cadence was turned to stone, he laughed.

"Now that I have taken care of that princess it's time for the rest of you."

When Celestia heard this she turned around and shouted, "Everypony, run now!"

After she said that, everypony started to run out of Canterlot, even Twilight, Celestia, and Luna - but Shadow Flames would have none of that.

"Oh no, you three don't."

With that, Shadow Flames started to chase them, and as they were running, Fluttershy looked behind and saw that Shadow Flames was right behind them.

"He's catching up."

Seeing this Celestia, Luna, and Twilight stopped to confront the evil alicorn. When Starlight and the others saw this, they stopped running.

"Twilight, what are you and the princesses doing?" Starlight asked.

Twilight looked at Starlight and said, "Don't worry about us. Just get to Ponyville, you will all be safe there.”

"But Twilight, darling, we can't just leave you and the princesses to fight alone,” said Rarity.

"We'll be fine, my little ponies, just go,” said Celestia.

"But-" Rainbow Dash was about to say something, but was cut off when Luna shouted, "GO NOW, THAT IS AN ORDER!!!!"

With that, Twilight's friends backed away and ran for the train station to Ponyville.

As they left, the princesses turned to Shadow Flames.

"Well, this has been very entertaining, but the party is over," Shadow Flames said.

"Yeah, for you,” said Celestia.

With that, Celestia, Luna, and Twilight powered up their horns and fired an energy blast right at Shadow Flames, who also powered up his own horn and fired an energy blast right at the princesses.

As the magic of the princesses and Shadow Flames collided, they were evenly matched.

Until the princesses looked on in shock.

Shadow's magic was coming towards them.

"Don't give up, Luna and Twilight! Keep going!" said Celestia.

"We're trying, sister, but he's too strong," said Luna.

"I can't hold his magic back anymore!” said Twilight.

Suddenly, Shadow Flames' magic overpowered the princesses’ magic and then it engulfed them, leaving them screaming inside the energy ball.

Hearing the princesses screaming, Starlight stopped and looked behind her. When she did, she saw the princesses being turned into stone statues.

"Twilight, princesses!"

As Starlight was about to run to help the princesses, Spike stopped her.

"Starlight, what are you doing?”

"Let go, Spike! I need to help the princesses!"

"No, Starlight, it's too dangerous."

"But, Spike! We can't just leave Twilight and the princesses!”

"Look, I know you want to help them, but if we go and try to help then we will become statues too.”

Starlight looked at the baby dragon and then back at the princesses.

"Ok, Spike. You win."

"Alright now, hurry! The train is about to leave."

With that, Spike and Starlight got on the train just as it was about to pull out of the station.

Meanwhile, Shadow Flames laughed as he looked at the statues of Twilight, Celestia, and Luna.

"Ah, yes! The last three princesses are mine. Now it's time to get back to the castle and celebrate my victory."

He then took the statues of the princesses into his airship and headed back to his castle.