• Published 7th Jan 2018
  • 1,762 Views, 31 Comments

Starlight and the son of Sombra - Will Atkinson



It is a special day in Canterlot as the mane 6 along with Starlight glimmer celiberate Princess Celestia's birthday but when an evil pony comes and captures all of the princesses it's up to Starlight to make the most important decision of her life

  • ...
3
 31
 1,762

Chapter 6

As Sombra started to head for Shadow's castle he passed the airship where Torch, Caroline, Silver Hooves, Iris, Starblaze, and Blitz, was in.

"Whoa, what in the world was that?" Said Iris, as Sombra passed them.

"It must have been King Sombra, in smoke form." Said Torch.

"Then that mean that something bad has happened to Starlight, and her friends." Said Starblaze.

With that Caroline looked at Starblaze and said to him.

"Well then what are we waiting for? Lets get there and help them."

After Caroline said that, Starblaze put the airship to full speed and raced to Canterlot castle. Back at the castle Starlight was trying to free herself and her friends from the cage that they were in.

"Oh I have to worn Shadow." Said Starlight.

When the others heard this they were shocked.

"Worn him? How did you get away from him?" Asked Twilight.

Starlight looked at the shocked ponies and said to them.

"He let me go Twilight, so I could help you and the others."

When the ponies heard this, they where shocked.

"Wait he just let you go?" Asked Applejack.

Starlight nodded and said.

"Yes, so please everypony help me."

Everypony looked at each other and then Rainbow said.

"Wait, we are going to save Shadow, the son of Sombra, the pony who tried to kill the princesses, inducing Twilight?"

After hearing what Rainbow Dash said, Starlight looked at her and said.

"Yes, but he's different now Rainbow Dash."

"She's got a point Rainbow." Said Celestia.

When the ponies heard what Celestia just said, they were shocked.

"She dose?" Asked Dash.

"Yes, she dose." Said Celestia.

"And why do you say that princess?" Asked Twilight.

Celestia smiled at her student and said in a calm voice.

"Because, he let her go so that she could save us."

Hearing this made the ponies even Rainbow Dash look down on the floor with sad expressions on their faces.

"Your right princess." Said Twilight.

"Yeah we're sorry Starlight." Said Applejack.

"Then what are we waiting for? Lets get out of here so we can help Shadow." Said Pinkie Pie, as she started to hit the cage with her shoulder.

"Pinkie's right, come on everypony." Said Rarity, as she also started to hit the cage with her shoulder as well.

Just then they heard the palace doors open.

"Um girls the palace doors are opening." Said Fluttershy.

As everypony looked at the palace doors there stood Torch, Silver Hooves, Caroline, and Iris.

"Torch, Silver Hooves, Caroline, Iris you've come to help." Said Starlight with a smile on her face.

"Of course we have mademoiselle." Said Torch, as he bowed down to Starlight.

"Oh Stop fooling around Torch and let's help Starlight and her friends out of that cage.

With that Torch stopped bowing and said to Silver.

"Right away my old friend."

And so with the help of Iris and Caroline the four ponies were able to free Starlight and the others from the cage that Sombra put them in. After that was done Starlight started to head for the airship to stop Sombra from hurting Shadow.

"Come on everypony we have got to get to the castle to stop Sombra." Said Starlight.

"Wait he's going to the castle?" Asked Iris.

"Yes he is." Said Luna, as she fallowed Starlight.

"Oh dear we must stop him." Said Caroline, as she and the rest of the ponies hurried to the airship.

As they all got to the airship they saw Blitz on the deck of the airship.

"Blitz, honey what are you doing here?" Asked Caroline.

"I Just wanted to help out to beat King Sombra." Said Blitz.

Caroline shook her head and said to her son.

"Oh hun i know you mean well but what would happen if Sombra grabbed you while you where helping and then what?"

Blitz thought for a moment and said to his mother.

"Your right mom, I'm sorry."

"It's alright hun I forgive you." Said Caroline.

As Caroline hugged her son Rainbow Dash came up and said.

"Well come on everypony, we have got to stop Sombra."

"Rainbow is right now lets hurry." Celestia said as they all got the airship turned around and heading back to Shadow Flames' castle.

Meanwhile at Shadow's castle, he was staring out the window thinking about Starlight. Just then he saw black smoke coming towards the castle.

"So Sombra is coming here now? Then I'll be ready for him." Shadow said to himself as he left the room to face his farther.

As Sombra landed on the balcony outside it started to rain heavily and lighting.

"Hmmm, not a bad place I think if I can make my son to join me this will be our new castle." Said Sombra, with an evil smile on his face.

Just as Sombra was getting ready to open the door it opened and their was his son looking at him with a scowl on his face.

"Ah son its good to see you again after so long." Said Sombra with a wicked grin on his face.

Shadow said nothing as Sombra walked in the castle.

"What are you doing here and alive farther? I Thought you where dead."

"Yes son I was dead but just temporary. You see after I was destroyed by the crystal heart my horn remained unharmed and slowly I started to reform and now I'm back and ready to rule Equestria."

"Not if I have anything to say about it dad."

With that Shadow charged at his farther but was stopped by his magic.

"Oh son you are just as much of a fool as your mother was."

After hearing that Shadow charged at Sombra.

"Don't you dare say that about my mother, dad."

But before Shadow could stab Sombra with his horn Sombra used his magic to knock Shadow back.

"Nice try my son but not good enough now let me so you true power."

With that Sombra fired a powerful energy blast right at Shadow which made contact and Shadow went flying into a wall.

"Now that my son is real power HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

As Shadow tried to get up Sombra fired a beam of magic right at Shadow but he was able to doge it and started up the stairs.

"Come back here Shadow." Said Sombra, as he followed his son.

As Sombra chased after his son a storm started to rage outside then Sombra fired a powerful magical blast at his son which connected to Shadow's side which made him fly though a window. As Shadow was trying to get up Sombra started towards him with an evil smile on his face.

"Well my son this was really entertaining but now the party is over and now your life is forfeit."

With that Sombra used his magic to make a sword and slowly started towards his son. Just then the airship that was carrying Starlight and the others arrived and when Starlight saw that Sombra was going to kill Shadow she screamed through the raging storm.

"No Stop!!"

Hearing Starlight's voice Shadow looked up to see Starlight and her friends looking at him in shock.

"S....Starlight." Said Shadow weakly.

"No, Sombra don't." Cried Starlight, as Sombra was ready to kill Shadow.

But before he could kill him Shadow created a sword of his own and stopped Sombra's sword before it could strike him down which made Sombra look at him in shock.

"Starblaze, we have got to get up there." Said Starlight, as she continued to look at Sombra and Shadow fighting.

"The storm is too strong I'll have to take the air ship down." He said.

As Starblaze, landed the ship Starlight got out of the airship and entered the castle to help Shadow Flames. Meanwhile Sombra and Shadow continued their fight on top of the roof of the castle. As the two of them traded blows then Shadow Flames got on top of Sombra and was ready to strike him down but then Sombra used his magic to get Shadow off of him.

"Come on out and fight son!" Sombra shouted as he continued look for Shadow Flames.

"Were you in love with that pony on that airship, Shadow? Did you honestly think she'd want you when she could have some pony like me?"

When Shadow heard what his farther just said his eyes went red in anger then he came out of his hiding spot and slowly came up to Sombra. When Sombra heard his son behind him, he tried to hit him with his magic but Shadow Flames was able to move out of the way then Sombra started to fire more beams of magic right at his son. But he continued to dogged them but then one of the magic bast's hit Shadow right in the side seeing this Sombra laughed and started to move in for the kill.

"Now it's over son, that pony you love so much will be mine when you are gone and I will finally rule of of Equestria and take control of the Crystal Empire once again."

After hearing what Sombra just said Shadow Flames got up and started to attack his father while shouting at him

"No, you will not have Starlight, she is mine and I wont let you hurt her or her friends. And as for Equestria and the Crystal Empire you wont get the chance to rule.

With that Shadow grabbed Sombra by the neck with his magic and dangled him off the liege of the castle.

"HAHAHAHAHA!! Yes son do it kill me and finally be like your father." Said Sombra, with an evil grin on his face.

After Sombra said that Shadow was about to drop his farther but something changed inside of him. So instead of drooping his farther to his death he pulled him back from the liege and said to him.

"No dad I'm nothing like you now get out of my castle and never return."

And with that he let his farther go just then Starlight Glimmer arrived.

"Shadow"

Hearing Starlight's voice Shadow Shadow turned around and looked up and he saw her up on one of the balconies of the castle.

"Starlight!" Said Shadow Flames, As he started to climb up the tower to Starlight.

When he got to Starlight he held his hoof in hers and said to her.

"Starlight, I can't believe it you came back!"

Starlight smiled at Shadow Flames and he smiled back at her until Sombra got up and stabbed Shadow with his horn.

"NO!" Starlight cried, as Shadow roared in pain.

"HAHAHAHA!! So much for my son now you die!!" Said Sombra, as he charged at Shadow Flames again ready to kill him.

But then Shadow Flames got up and fired an magical spire at his farther which struck him in the chest when that happened Sombra looked down at the spire and then back at Shadow in shock that his son was able to do this to him. Then Shadow grabbed his dad with his magic and thew him off the balcony finishing him off once and for all.