• Published 8th Dec 2017
  • 643 Views, 5 Comments

For a Sister Lost... - AnchorsAway



Listen here and you will find, the stories told were all but lies. – A short poem.

  • ...
2
 5
 643

For a Sister Lost...

With outstretched wings she glided in, through soft and fading light,
as below western mountains sunset bade us all goodnight.
“Hello,” she sang to us mere foals with pleasant melody,
For tonight was our with her alone, and alone we all would be.

“Come sit young children while I regale, a lesson you all must learn.
This world is wide, lift up your eyes, and see how I have failed.”
Above us hung, the remnant of one, lost to the sands of time.
Moon above shone bright like sun, and thus she weaved her rhyme.

“Yes, even I have faults that mar, a distant troubled past.
Look hard enough and you will find, mistakes fill chasms vast.
For once I loved one so dear. A sister, nothing less.
Yet what once was is no more, I alone, she is absent.”

“By night she came from distant chambers, I remember it after so long.
‘Luna dear, what brings you here?’ Her words did forever ring strong,
‘Sibling mine, now is the time, that you must finally see,
Are we not equals you and I, and oblivious it seems to thee.’

‘Can not you see,’ she did loudly decree, with menace in her eyes.
‘How they frolic and they play is sisters day under bright sunlit skies.
While alone I wallow with no fellow. The stars are all I have.
Moon as well, doth bid me well, but barely it does salve.’”

“‘For pain tears through this body mine. Our bond is stretched so thin.
And you don’t see, for all the world, to care for how I’ve been.
Alone you ponder for all the while separated from your best
Do you not love me anymore? This despair she did confess.”

“And what, you ask, did I reply, to Luna that soft and star-lit night.
Cause if you resolved ‘with love and kindness’ I disclose you aren’t right.
‘Begone,’ I exclaimed madly with malice of solely my intent.
‘Who cares of moon and stars at night, your complaints are not but torment.’

“‘I toil, I strife, I rule, that's life. What of your pitiful domain you bemoanst.
Just leave me alone to work on my own. Of you, I only wish to be a ghost.
At least then in specter, I could calmly weather, any tribulation thrown my way.
Cause when you're around, it brings me down, each and every day.’”

“Words so careless cast past mountains of parchment, I later realized my mistake.
So busy I had been of matters royal, quality time for her I refused to make.
And weeks past too, I did later recall, snap at that so treasured mare
For this night, to you young foals, I disclose my life-long despair.”

“With tears, she burst from study, down torch lit stone-masoned halls.
‘And here I thought you were here for me,’ I still hear her mournful calls.
‘Be not you care for your sibling? Such vengeful and hateful contempt!
Where be sister that once was foal. For from my life she seems exempt.’”

“‘She is but here, only wiser and no longer a childish foal.
Tend your task and your duty still, even if it’s the lesser role.
Ponies, they love me for the glory that I am. A beacon of sunlight.
Tell me why should they adore the obvious lesser of the lights?’”

“Though throw like stone, I cast out my own. How foolish I had been,
To send away the one I loved, a great pain remains within.
This night here tonight might have been different, had I been there for her then,
She would be here beside, and tragedy would not have struck when we met again.”

“Last true words to her I spoke that day under anguished cover of the night.
For come morning woe was me to find no strength to raise mine own light.
A choice I was forced to make for the consequences of my own neglect.
Because the one I had failed was my sister, my entitlement to protect.”

“Before me stood a twisted reflection of mine own horrid creation.
‘Nightmare Moon’ Luna proclaimed herself in manic inspiration.
‘Yield the sun, for I have won. In your shadow I no longer stand.
Behold me now, but do not bow. Though no longer do you command.”

“For this is the part the legends never tell, twisted and lost in time.
Though angry still Luna did spill, for she wanted to commit no crime.
‘Now before you I stand with such mighty display,’ she did softly proclaim.
‘Only to show you that we are equal. And that I love you all the same.’”

“Unfortunate the least I must admit, I was not valiant on that day.
This submit, I did not acquit. There would only be my way.
‘Never,’ I had hissed to the mare standing before my very sight.
‘There is no us and only I. Your comparison is my one despite.’”

“In anger, a flash, a bang and a horrid thunderous might.
Her last expression, of tears so hot still burned into my sight.
Beneath my hooves crystals of power so grand and bold with grossly misused interpretation.
Harmony lost, not between us, but from myself is what put me in this mournful situation.”

“Now I languish the years alone with no other by my side.
It is only with you, my little ponies, with this that I confide.
Still after so long I do not know if the mistakes I made can be undone,
Though if given the chance I would start again from where it all had begun.
Loved her not the way a sibling should, I’d change it all if I only could.
But that's the past and its forever shown, if only she had ever known,
That I love her to the end of the time, from the pits of Tartarus I would climb,
To the tallest mountains and across the sea I would venture, to set my sister free.
I should have been there, I should have cared, I should have listened, I should have shared,
With her the true feelings in my mind, that we are not equals, but she is better. I was but blind.
Now I’m alone with the moon above to remind that I was foolish and she should have shined,
Brighter than a raging fire, that is my last worldly desire.”

“If I leave you, my little ponies, with one last wish plea, I say to the that you that take if from me,
Love your sister, love your mother,
Love your father and your brother,
For here we remain on a rock in space, and our one true saving grace,
Is those we cherish and we care. Those we hold, through time untold,
Those closest through the thick and thin. Through where we’ve been and where we still will,
Those we love, help us through spills, the chills, the ill that perpetuates life. Our strife,
To bear with us with every hoofstep, every mountain, every ravine, and all unseen that is between.”

“Tell them all you love them, and tell them all goodnight.”

Comments ( 5 )

This is amazing!

Great Scott! That was amazing I'm going to go sit in a corner now and contemplate my existence.

That was a wonderful poem wow!

Well I tried to take a look but it just didn't seem to catch me. I didnt dislike it at all but I didnt find interest in it. Well, I wish you luck with promotions. Hopefully you find the right people.

Login or register to comment