• Published 1st Dec 2017
  • 601 Views, 12 Comments

When Ponies Come To Badlands. - Lucy_Marigold



Waking up in an unknown place the group of nine ponies must work their way out of this mess.

  • ...
 12
 601

Chapter 7 - The Scent Of Death

Fluttershy lifted her head off the book in which she had fallen asleep atop the night before. The sound of shouting could be heard from outside the room. Shadows danced around the room as Fluttershy turned on the light. Her soft pink mane covered her eyes as she slowly opened to curtains. She yelped in fear as the bright light of the sun covered her eyes. The dove she had name Archimedes fluttered over to the mare. Landing on her head, it chirped with contentment. Fluttershy stumbled over to the mirror. She rubbed her eyes before looking at herself. Her mane was a mess and bags sat under her eyes. Muttering to herself, she picked up her uniform and went to get dressed. At the same time the dove flew over to the mare’s desk which was littered with medical tomes and papers. An empty bottle of something alcoholic sat next to a photo frame. In the frame was a picture of her friends. Archimedes picked up a loose blue ribbon which the mare had used to mark a page of a long forgotten book. As Fluttershy came out of her bathroom, Archimedes flew over to her and dropped the ribbon on the mare’s head.

“What’s this?” Fluttershy said, confusion filled her voice. The dove’s response to the question was just a blank stare. Fluttershy mumbled to herself as she tied up her hair into a bun with the ribbon. With a sigh she left the room with the dove in hot pursuit behind her.

Luna sat in the mess hall, a plate of carrots in front of her. The shouting of Twilight and Rainbow Dash could be heard through the base. Applejack and Rarity sat across Luna, they too trying to enjoy their breakfast as the shouting grew louder. “What are they fighting about?”

“Hmm? Oh. They’re fighting about the fact that Dashie said that Sniper couldn’t kill anyone closer than 3 feet away. It’s crazy I know, Darling.” Rarity said as she nibbled on the carrot on her fork. Celestia hopped into the room. The gas mask wearing Princess sat down next to her sister. Celestia pulled out a piece of paper and a few crayons. The others sat there in silence while watching her draw the RED Spy burning to death. Luna got up and rushed out of the room. By the time she had reached the bathroom, her face was a pale green. She threw open the doors and vomited into the first toilet she could find. What the hay had gotten into my sister or me for that matter. She sat there huffing for a minute as air filled her lungs. Her shaking hooves were making it difficult as she slowly got up off the cold tiled floor. A sudden banging on the door startled Luna and she came crumbling to the floor.

“S-Spy? You in there? Demo said you rushed out of the room and towards the bathroom.” Luna tried getting up once more but a cry of pain came from the mare’s mouth as she collapsed upon the ground for the third time. “That’s it I’m coming in!” The sound of hooves on the door handle could be heard before the door opened. Fluttershy stood in the doorway as she looked down upon the Alicorn who was struggling to get herself up from the ground. Like a fussing mother hen, Fluttershy lifted the mare up and sat her onto the toilet before grabbing a nearby towel and wiping the stray vomit of her muzzle. Luna sat there in complete silence as the pegasus mare fussed over her.

“Medic you can stop. I’m over a thousand years old. I think I can clean myself.” Luna said as Fluttershy started to run a bath.

“Nonsense. I’m a Medic. I-I’m Support. Which means I help ponies.” Fluttershy said as she started to try and lift Luna into the large tub. Luna sighed as the smaller mare started to clean her like a young filly. Before Fluttershy could further her cleaning, Luna stood up in the tub and stepped out. Grabbing a towel with her magic, she dried herself. “Spy. L-Let me help.”

Luna wiped her head around and snarled at the smaller mare. “No.” Fluttershy yelped in fear as the Alicorn mare picked up her dirty suit and left the room. There we sudden screams from down the hall and everyone rushed out to discover Celestia laying on the floor outside Rarity’s room. A thick pool of blood was flowing freely from the wound in her chest. Rarity sobbing into AJ’s chest nearby.

“What happened?”

Author's Note:

This chapter is shorter than the others due to to the fact that I got a large amount of writers block. Sorry for the late chapter folks.b]

Comments ( 2 )

8670949
Awesome!, And a amazing chapter too!:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment