• Published 1st Dec 2017
  • 601 Views, 12 Comments

When Ponies Come To Badlands. - Lucy_Marigold



Waking up in an unknown place the group of nine ponies must work their way out of this mess.

  • ...
 12
 601

Chapter 3 - Death And Encounters

Author's Note:

New chapter. yay.. just keep reading. I'm not in the mood.

Twilight woke up in Respawn, her head slightly foggy. She was unable to remember what had killed her only that she had truly died. Celestia ran inside.

“Mmpr! Mmh Mrrd” She grabbed hold of Twilight. Twilight embraced her in a hug before Rarity rushed out of Respawn.

“Spy sapping my sentry! Pyro come and help me, Darling!” Celestia hurried out of the room behind Rarity, who was heading towards the Intel room. Rarity turned down the hall, blueprints and a wrench were held with her magic. She turned the corner and saw the sapper that was placed on her Sentry. The Sentry was slowing breaking. Celestia sprayed fire around the room. A yelp of pain could be heard and then the screams of a man on fire could be heard as well.

“Mmph mmph. HUDDA HUDDA!” Celestia said as she raised her flame thrower over the burn corpse of the RED Spy. Rarity rushed in and whacked the sapper off her Sentry before refilling it with ammo.

“Thanks.” Rarity tipped her hard hat while Celestia bowed before the Pyromaniac Princess left the room. Rainbow Dash flew into the Intel room with the RED’s Intel strapped to her back.

“Heya Hardhat! Lookie what I got!” Rainbow Dash landed by the table and place the briefcase onto the table as the speakers blared over their heads.

“Nice Job. Rai-Scout.”

“You're slippin’ up too? Snipes, Spook and Demo keep slipping up as well.”

“Nice to know i’m not alone. Now get out there before I whack you with my wrench” Rarity hovered the wrench nearby while Rainbow Dash looked at it.

“Right ok. Gotta go. See ya hardhat.”

Rainbow Dash speed out of the room. She passed Twilight on the Battlements before she jumped onto the roof of the bridge in the center. She dodged oncoming fire from the enemy Scout and enemy Sniper. She flew over the Scout’s head and shot him in the face, a grin covered her face. Luna swam through the waters under the bridge. Water filled her suit and wet her mane under her mask. She went through the pipes and got out at the small landing between the next pipe. A red teleporter sat at near the entrance. She pulled out her disguise kit and choose a disguise. She stepped onto the teleporter and appeared in the RED Intel room. Haha. Thanks for the ride labour. She turned the corner and saw the RED Engineer with a large Sentry by the intel.

“Hey Hardhat.” She said with the Scout’s voice.

“Hey Scoot. Seen anything weird today?”

“Nothin’ but rainbow coloured horses with horns and magical wings.”

“Yup. Their Scout got past me once while I was in Respawn. Dang BLU Pyro.”

“Eh.” Luna shrugged as she got closer to the large machine.

“Ya seen the BLU Spy yet?”

“Nope. When I was crossing the bridge their Sniper shot me in the leg and I fell into the water so I came here.”

“Dispenser is next ta me.” Luna nodded before she took out her knife and got closer to the RED. Derpy and Fluttershy could be heard outside the room. A stray rocket flew past them and hit the sentry, destroying it.

“Good Irene!” The RED rushed out the room and the sound of guns and of Derpy dying could be heard.Another sound of scrambling of hooves and shoes could be heard before the sound of a shotgun blasted through the halls.

“Nice job Hardhat.” Luna said her throat filled with fear.

“Thanks. But I think I would be needin’ your company no more ya bloody Spy.” Luna froze, the mad grin that stretched across the RED’s face caused Luna to gulp in fear. The man moved forwards and whacked her with the wrench. She swiped back with her knife which caused the disguise to disappear.

“How did thy know?” She said as she wiped her lip of the blood that dripped down it.

“Eh kinda not that hard.” His grin grew. Luna lunged forward and tried hitting him with her knife. Two set of footsteps could be heard from outside of the room. Luna looked at the two exits to the room. In one appeared the RED Pyro. In the other appeared Celestia.

“Mmpthr!” She shouted as she stormed into the room as the RED Pyro ran in too. Celestia stood behind her while the Pyro backed up its teammate.

“Well it seem we got a stalemate here, lads. Or ladies I should say.” The RED said, his grin had disappeared.

“Hudda Hudda!” The Pyro said behind him.

“Sister. Get out of here.”

“Mmp!”

“I said-” Celestia tore off her mask.

“I know what the hay you said as if i’m gonna leave you.” The group stood there in silence due to the fact that Celestia had just broken one of the rules that she was never supposed to break during a match. “Oh stop god damn staring. Now where were we?” Celestia said with a grin.

Fluttershy awoke in Respawn. The memory of the evil grin that the RED Engineer had when he shot Derpy down sickened her. She remembered Derpy dying but not herself. She had died multiple times that day. Her friends had been blown to bits, caught on fire, shot in the head, bashed with a bat, shot by a sentry, hit by a shovel from above and stabbed in the backs by someone who looked like those she trusted. Poor Fluttershy couldn't handle it. She crumpled to the ground with tears on her face while muttering prayers. Pinkie came out of Respawn and saw the crying mare that was creating a puddle of water on the ground by her hooves. “Fluttershy? Oh Fluttershy.”

“I'm Medic now n-not Fluttershy, Heavy.” She said in between sobs. The earth pony gripped tighter onto her friend.

“We can go out together! I’ll have your back!” Fluttershy looked up at her friend and nodded before they rushed out of the room and towards the RED side of 2Fort.

Applejack shot pipe grandes into the RED Intel room thinking that there might be a sentry there. She turned the corner and froze after seeing the scene that was unfolding before her eyes. Luna lay in the corner, blood pooling under her body while her knife sat lodged into her side. Celestia lay over the burning ruins that was the enemy Pyro while the RED Engineer’s dead body lay closer to Luna. Celestia had her mask off but her eyes were filled with fiery. Applejack stepped forward. “P-Pyro?”

Celestia snapped out of her phase and stared at AJ. Applejack felt lumps in her throat.
“I’ll get Medic.” Celestia said rushing out of the room.

Applejack sat down next to Luna. She chose to leave the knife where it was before trying to think of something to do. “How are you?”

“Ha. What do you think Demo?” Luna said while a faint grin covered her face.

“Wha happened?”

“I got found. Lucky Pyro came in.” Luna laughed before stopping and coughing out blood causing Applejack to sit up in worry and hold the Princess up. “I’m fine..”

“No ya ain’t. If we can get Medic in time.. You’ll..”

“Be sent to Respawn.” Luna said bluntly.

“We need you out here.”

“No. Get the Intel and get out. I’ll be fine!”

“Princ-”

“I can handle myself. I don’t need to be bloody babied!” she shouted at Applejack.

Applejack opened her mouth to say before shutting it and nodded. She grabbed the Intel and rushed out of the room. Luna lay there knowing Respawn will catch her and that Medic and Pyro weren’t going to make it here before she died. She breathed one last breath while smiling before she collapsed onto the ground, her heart no longer beating. Her body vanished as Respawn claimed her.

Celestia rushed around the corner and saw that Luna was gone. As well as Applejack and the Intel. She fell to her knees as tears fell down her muzzle through her mask