• Published 11th Dec 2017
  • 330 Views, 0 Comments

The Devil Within - Nightmarity19



The story about Firestarter Dazzle and how he became the most dangerous pony in Ponyville

  • ...
 0
 330

Chapter 8 Song In Death

Zipping up my uniform after my eyes suddenly changed pitch black won't leave my thoughts when I got home after dodging a major bullet from Spitfire about why I was in the Everfree Forest.

Today is the day I looked at my mirror at myself.

Instead of seeing what was my Wonderbolt outfit, my reflection manifested into that dark haired stallion from a previous dream I had. At first I jumped, but after a quick realization that he made an appearance before, it didn't really effect me much. I got closer to the mirror just to see if this was an illusion or something and turns out it wasn't.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

The stallion only looked at me before disappearing back into my own image of myself as a Wonderbolt.

"That was odd" I said to myself, straightening my goggles.

I sped off to the stadium where the Games are being held, which was better than the winter ones taking place in Snowy Mountain. There were times I couldn't get snow off my uniform because it was so cold. So this was a change, banners showing the 4 alicorn princesses who were going to judge this year's competition, the field neatly grassed up for the javelin event, and don't forget about the flight rings Dash was going through along with 9 other competitors. All of those events sounded amazing but what concerned about the opening sequence with me and two other cadets to start off the show.

A small but noticeable grin spread across my face.

Spitfire was checking out some of the events planned for tonight, I know deep down she means well but after I broke the news about Fleetfoot's passing that has sent her over the edge somewhat, like I said she means well. She noticed my hoofsteps coming towards her so Spitfire finished what she was doing before approaching me to probably congratulate me for replacing Fleetfoot in the opening act or something really dumb.

"Dazzle did you hair change color?" Spitfire asked me, pointing to my now jet black hair.

I tilted my head slightly confused at what she was talking about, she grabbed a mirror and when I saw the orange turn into a black I nearly fainted. Spitfire put the mirror away, a little awkward at what she saw, to be honest I was taken back a little by the fact my mane changed color all of a sudden.

I'm actually glad Spitfire caught on to it.

"Oh this? I'm trying a new mane dye in the spirit of these Games" I lied, hiding the real reason for my sudden mane change color.

Spitfire gave me a salute whereas I did the same to her before she flew off to I guess to check on her other cadets.

Me on the other hoof I walked over to where the other cadets were stationed, keeping themselves hydrated to avoid passing out, talking among each other about the different events that we're planned, and just joking around. Even when I decided to walk by to get some water from the cooler the cadets occasionally waved at me or said hi which excited me about their enthusiasm towards this event.

That was until Soarin peaked in and had that suspicious look on his face again, like I committed a heinous crime.

"Dazzle we need to talk" Soarin said sternly.

The rest of the cadets scooted away until it was just me and Soarin. I could tell something was about to happen but my brain wasn't really comprehending what choice of words Soarin or me were going to use.

"Back at the forest when you hauled Spitfire that torn up Wonderbolt uniform, I happened to see another pony poking her head out" he accused.

My heart sank, making my eyes dart open with shock and worry about how he was able to find that out.

"H-How d-do y-you k-know that S-S-Soarin"I stammered through my words nervously.

"I happened to see a mare brandishing a jet black hair mane, kinda like the one color you have" he said, trotting over to me slowly.

My only option was to come up with an excuse to get out of this predicament or else. Before Soarin could say anything else I heard that strange voice again.

Kill him, he will ruin your dreams

The voice echoed in my head at the same rate of me hearing my own heartbeat thumping.

Kill him! the voice continued.

My heart became to sank quicker than anything in the world. I was going to bolt away but before I could do anything, all of a sudden there was a ink filled spike go through Soarin's chest, watching the blood filled spike drench and drip down to the floor. Soarin's eyes darted towards me before the spike removed itself from his chest.

He dropped to the floor motionless.

I just stood there in a state of shock on my face, I spotted Shadow standing there with a devilish smile as blood began to spill out onto the floor, coating the floor in crimson red. My eyes grew wide as I looked down at Soarin's now dead body.

"Shadow I could get into a lot of-"

She put a hoof in my mouth before I could speak another word out of my mouth.

"Now now Dazzle you let me handle Soarin's body while you go prepare for the opening act okay babycakes?" she said to me, smiling.

All my fears of getting in trouble suddenly just melted off of me with that one smile she gave me. I gave a quick nod so she let go of my mouth, out of nowhere Soarin's body contorted slightly before it started to 'melt off' per say and Shadow absorbed his now inky body along with the spilled blood on the ground like it never even happened.

I will never forget what I just saw.

"Have fun baby" Shadow cooed, kissing me.

She left me there inside that tent, feeling shaky and a bit terrified from Shadow driving a spike into Soarin's chest, killing him instantly then just absorbing him like he was nothing. That wasn't something a stallion such as myself should not have a memory like that implanted into my brain.

My thoughts went a billion miles an hour trying to contemplate what I just saw but then my brain went back to Shadow giving me a good luck kiss, which reminded me about the opening routine we were doing and my smile immediately came back.

What do you have to be worried about? Your about to amaze a crowd of millions, even the 4 alicorn princesses are going to watch the voice whispered in my ear softly.

I couldn't help but agree with that statement, with Princess Twilight along with the other three alicorn princesses watching the Wonderbolts fly high and proud would be quite a sight to see. Even though I witnessed a mirror right in front of my eyes I kept seeing the bigger picture.

A bunch of hoofsteps began to come my way as I stood tall just in case Spitfire came in, only thing was it wasn't her but the two additional cadets who I trained with previously saluted at me like I was their commander.

"At ease cadets, I hope that all the preparations for our opening ceremony are in order" I asked them.

The nodded quickly and obediently.

"Good, then I will see you both very soon" I said walking away from them.

As I walking away, I shared a devilish grin like Shadow Ink did to me so it was infectious but at the same time it felt really good. Something clicked inside my head about what Ink did to Soarin earlier, how his body twitched when that blade pierced his heart before he was absorbed in ink which when I put the pieces together, Fleetfoot suffered the same fate.

I put my goggles on and walked into the stadium that was filling with ponies young and old.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment