• Published 11th Dec 2017
  • 325 Views, 0 Comments

The Devil Within - Nightmarity19



The story about Firestarter Dazzle and how he became the most dangerous pony in Ponyville

  • ...
 0
 325

Chapter 1 Insanity

My life was any other, I had a good life, good friends, hell I even had a girlfriend or marefriend if you want to be fancy.

That was before the torment. This was before I demanded all of Equestria to be eradicated but I wanted to start with Ponyville. I bet your wondering how I'm able to speak to you, all questions will be answered soon my dears...it will answer some of your burning questions.

Let's start from the top and I promise it will be worth your while.


The morning sun hurt my eyes as I jumped out of bed then looked at my clock.

"It's 7:30, I should get going to work before I get yelled at by Spitfire again."

Throwing my bed sheets off my bed in anger I made my way downstairs where my mother Adagio Dazzle laid lazily on the couch after a late night partying again. Sometimes, I wonder how she's able to take care of me when most of her time was spent partying. I know she always that she is doing this to keep a roof over my head but sometimes I worry about her well being.

I went into the kitchen and made myself a bacon breakfast burrito complete with scrambled eggs, sausage, leftover bacon, and some beef from last night beef pot roast I made last night before I cleaned my mother's vomit from it. When my breakfast burrito was finished, I grabbed my Wonderbolt uniform and put it on until it reached all the way to my neck. This was specifically made by Sonata who in a strange way can knit uniforms to make them tolerable instead of cramped up and looking like my flank is big or something.

My mother finally started to awaken but used her hoof to shield herself from the waking sun Celestia raised, at first I thought she had sex with a vampire. I closed the blinds for her so she wouldn't have to see that anymore.

"You work today?" she said, completely oblivious to the fact I'm wearing my uniform.

"Yes mom" I say swallowing my sarcasm as hard as I could.

I looked at my clock again and soon realized I was late so in my mind I could just picture Spitfire burning a hole through my ear (hypothetically speaking of course). I quickly dashed out into the morning light, going through clouds, traveling pegasi, and also birds.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself *ahem* my name is Firestarter Dazzle son of Adagio Dazzle. I am a pegasus from Baltimare but moved to Ponyville to start a better life, and if you didn't know already I trained to become a Wonderbolt.

Now that you know who I am, I won't have to keep you guessing like any other novelist or whatever.

Anyway, I arrived just in time for some good morning stretches before doing daily drills. Soarin and Fleetfoot greeted me and eventually engaged in a conversation about how I was doing at home and whatnot. Soarin had that serious side at work but catch him with Dash he's romantic towards her which I thought was awesome about Soarin. Fleetfoot on the other hoof was mostly kissing up to Spitfire after Lightning Dust was kicked out because she sabotaged the new outfits we had delivered last week but I know Dust would never do that. If I did tell somepony about Fleetfoot, I was surely going to be laughed at and looked upon as an "embarrassment" or some other nonsense.

"So Dazzle it's great to see you here after Spitfire had to find somepony to replace that accident prone known as Lightning Dust" Fleetfoot said trying to get me on her good side.

Anything that would come out of my mouth would get me in more trouble so I just nodded and forced a smile just to convince this bitch. One thing I hate about Fleetfoot was that she would do ANYTHING to get her way and if she didn't, well be prepared for a 25 minute temper tantrum. When she smiled back even though it looked like an evil smirk, she flew away and Soarin finally breathed in a sigh of relief as if he held that in for decades.

"I'm sorry that Fleetfoot has been on your case ever since you joined up, it's just when Spitfire hoof picked you she's been a little uh aggressive lately" Soarin explained to me.

"Being hoof picked by the commander of the Wonderbolts is just because of my flight skills not how much I can kiss her flank" I said back in retort, feeling somewhat pissed about being compared to Fleetfoot.

I never EVER want to have nothing in common with that sneaky mare. For all I know she's plotting Celestia knows what.

"That's not the way to talk about your partners"

I knew that booming fiery voice anywhere, the commander of our squadron Spitfire. She wearing her commanding officer blue jacket with a bunch of badges, what a story they have. She walked over to me as I was the only pony who was talking shit about that mare Fleetfoot and apparently I hurt poor Spitfire feelings.

Cry me a fucking river.

"Oh good morning Spitfire" Soarin stood and saluted his bitch I mean captain.

Spitfire revealed Soarin from having a conversation with me, when he flew off like the traitor he was I was left with my supposed "captain" who took off her shades, revealing those fiery eyes burrowing itself through my uniform and into my soul.

"Firestarter would you like to tell you what you and Soarin were talking about?" she asked with a look of accusation on her face.

I had to think of a lie that was convincing enough enough for Spitfire but nothing came to mind so I gave in.

"Soarin and I were talking about Flee-Fleetfoot behind her back when she wasn't around to hear it" I said gritting my teeth.

That somehow worked because Spitfire's expression somehow softened a little bit but she still had that accusing face surfacing minute by minute.

"Look, I know this is hard but talking about somepony behind their back is worse than being dead"

Then I must be the biggest scumbag in all of Equestria.

"But your the best damn flier I've ever seen so I'll give you a warning" Spitfire tried to sound intimidating but that didn't phase me.

I've heard better threats from an actor who has more talent than this hussy. I decided to give her a salute as a way to show that I completely understand what she is saying.

"Good, now I want you to do some extra flight patterns today" she barked at me.

"Yes ma'am" I responded with a dry throat and ascended.

When I was in the air when things were good or bad, the air whispers to me telling me that "I am always welcomed here." It was like all my problems just washed away and you know something: I loved it! Sure, going through flight patterns for some stupid Equestria Olympic Games was a pain in the flank but at least it lets me fly around without a care. But a loud whistle sound almost shattered my eardrums as remaining Wonderbolts flew down and formed a line. I came down and lucky me I was standing side by side with Spitfire's bitch Fleetfoot.

Her eyes started to sparkle and her cheeks blushed like she was in love with her which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

"Alright cadets the Games are coming up and those dreadful Shadowbolts are thinking about ruining or copying our color flight technique so I need two loyal cadets who will go undercover to obtain how they are going to plan for this year" Spitfire explained, walking up and down the aisle like a drill sergeant.

Fleetfoot raised her hoof first like the bitch she was, doing whatever it took to please Spitfire.

"Alright we got one so who's next?" Spitfire scouted out before noticing me, "Starter why don't you go with her?"

My eyes shot open as I looked straight at Fleetfoot and internally screamed in my head. I was going to team up with this mare in a undercover mission, my mind thought of a billion things that could go wrong.

"This will give us a chance to bond Firestarter Dazzle" Fleetfoot smiled creepily after saying my full name.

When anypony calls you by your first and last name that's when you know you fucked up and judging from Fleetfoot's creepy smile, she might have heard Soarin and me talk about her when she left.

"S-S-Sure" I stammered.

I rushed back home like I was being chased by a psychotic murderer. Spitfire said that me and Fleetfoot are going to have to fly over to the Shadowbolt base is located past the Everfree Forest...great. Whatever those dark assholes are planning can't be as bad as ours. As soon as I arrived home, there was a note attached to the front door, the text was written surprisingly well so I began to read what this note said.

We saw what transpired between Fleetfoot and that bitch Spitfire, come to the bridge in the Everfree Forest tonight

signed T.H.

Who was this T.H. that left this note at my door? Well I couldn't pass up on going out of the house, being that my mother wasn't going to be home for another few hours anyway so I took off my uniform, placed it on my closet hanger, then left the house and began my journey to the Everfree Forest.


The air felt really chilly as I walked through the forest, I could hear voices enter my head but chose to ignore them and press on. My mom would take me here when I was a colt as a way to teach me about surviving forms of monsters that roamed around in my head. From then on I became somewhat into seeing a tortured pony get what he/she deserves. Right and wrong are just concepts by parents to dumb their fillies and colts down to keep them on a path to being 'good ponies' of society.

All I thought was 'That's bullshit.'

My mother was different, yes she wanted me to be myself but to be careful who I talk to.

I reached the rickety bridge in front of me, smoke started to wrap itself around my legs. I almost panicked if the sound of somepony's hooves didn't give me their full attention. A mare wearing a shadowbolt uniform appeared in front of me with dual colored mane (light pink on one side, dark purple on the other) and a tail of the same combination of colors. When she removed her goggles, all I saw was a yellow bright glow from her eyes which drew me into her even more than before.

"So you came? I never thought somepony like you would venture out here." Her voice has a purr to it, a soft cat like purr.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Thornheart Nightingale" she answered softly.