• Published 11th Dec 2017
  • 324 Views, 0 Comments

The Devil Within - Nightmarity19



The story about Firestarter Dazzle and how he became the most dangerous pony in Ponyville

  • ...
 0
 324

Chapter 6 Dark Eyes

Looking at the house covered in shrubs but it was a faintly small house. I stepped up three steps before Shadow Ink opened the door, revealing a sort of Victorian Gothic style with a lot of band posters along with her signature Shadowbolt uniform and goggles hanging on a coat rack. I walked inside with my mouth gaping open, just taking this all in.

"Judging by the look on your face I can see your impressed" Shadow smiled chucking a bit.

I was trying to speak but nothing came out as soon as I closed my mouth to avoid getting a bug in my mouth.

"Yea this place is pretty awesome Ink, I never knew a Shadowbolt lived in a place like this" I said, still in a status of shock and awe.

"I thank you for the compliment" Ink responded, "Would you like something to drink?" she asked me.

I nodded quickly, she exchanged a small laugh before going into her fridge to pull something out. Soon enough, Shadow came out with two bottles of water then offered one to me. I accepted the gesture and drank some before tightening the cap back on the bottle.

"So what brings you here sweetheart?" Shadow asked curiously.

"Well I don't have to go training in Cloudsdale due to the presence of the Equestrian Olympic Games so I thought I could come visit you" I explained blushing a little.

Shadow could see through me and started to realize what I was really doing all the way out in Hollow Shades, that she knew I fallen in love with her and she would be right. Ever since we met that first time, I was in love with her and that's all I think about at night, while I'm flying high above Ponyville. Just her well brushed mane along with those hazel eyes drew me into her more, she continued to stay in my thoughts all throughout my life.

My gemstone started to emit a small light, one that I have never seen before.

"Something wrong with your pendant?" Shadow asked with a bit of concern starting to show on her face.

The light dimmed down enough for me to assess what was going on.

"To be honest this pendant does a lot of strange things" I said to her.

We continued to talk for what seemed to be hours before I waved goodbye but before I got a chance to leave, Shadow kissed me, making my wings stand up again.

After being with Ink for what seemed like hours I began the long haul back home. The steamy air made it hard for me to sweat considering I am a walking time bomb so sweating meant nothing to me, all I wanted to do is head home and do absolutely nothing. As soon as I got back to Ponyville territory Spitfire stood with what was a busload of Wonderbolts surrounding me from all corners and above. My heart began to quicken at what Spitfire was doing here of all places. By examining her face she was 10 seconds away from taking somepony's head off.

"What were you doing in the Everfree Forest? It is forbidden for anypony to enter there" Spitfire explained.

"Yea I know that, I was just making sure no Shadowbolts got through here and cause havoc around Ponyville" I lied, trying to cover myself as much as possible.

Spitfire's anger was that of a raging bull so one wrong step will land me in a pool of hot water.

"What in Celestia's name were you thinking? And more importantly who were you seeing in there?" she asked, getting closer to my face.

Sweat began to drop down my face behind the fact I was secretly meeting a Shadowbolt named Shadow Ink, but I couldn't tell Spitfire that or she would have one of the princesses lock me up in a dungeon. Worse case scenario, I might get kicked out of the opening intro into the Games so telling the truth in this case was a bad idea.

"I was trying to find out where Fleetfoot was taken and I wanted to go get her back" I made up this story as I possibly could and hoped that stuck.

Spitfire's facial expression went from pissed off to a slight hint of valor in her voice as she raised a single hoof for all the cadets to lower their weapons (in this case magic for most of them) to heart what I just said.

"Did you find anything?" Spitfire asked me.

Crap! Now she wants evidence of anything remotely leading to Fleetfoot This wasn't looking good at all.

I felt something touch my flank, causing me to jump but all of a sudden a torn up Wonderbolt uniform suddenly appeared in front of me. Spitfire noticed it and picked it up like somepony died or something. What I couldn't understand was how in the hell did that uniform appear in the first place. Off the corner of my eye, Shadow winked at me before disappearing from view, I was grateful that she was there to cover for me even more than Soarin did.

"This is what I found Spitfire" I said, presenting the torn uniform to her.

Spitfire quickly took it from me and examined the rips all over it, that's when a single tear went down her face because one of her best commanders just sacrificed herself for the greater good.

Now that Fleetfoot is out of the picture, it's your turn to shine among them that voice in my head said to me.

I tried to make out where the source of where that odd yet soothing voice was coming from. From whatever corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of that dark haired stallion wearing that same three piece suit from my dream I had last night and the night before.

Spitfire along with the other Wonderbolt left, all except Soarin who had a strange look on his face. It was that of suspicious and untrustworthy sense for me for some reason.

"Is that what you actually did inside that forest Dazzle?" he asked, raising a single eyebrow.

He knows about our plan, we will end him when the time comes but right now is not the time the voice whispered.

"Yes" I answered, making a broken smile appear on my face.

That seemed to satisfy him because he gave me an approving nod then left, catching up to Spitfire and some other cadets that flew ahead. I breathed a sigh of relief as Shadow appeared from what was behind a tree or something but it seemed her small smile never left her face, plus she looked like she was about to laugh.

Before I had a chance to say anything, Shadow suddenly burst out laughing. For a moment I tried to understand what she was laughing about but then I remembered myself handing over a torn Wonderbolt uniform to Spitfire before I chuckled a bit myself before I started laughing myself. To be honest I thought it was pretty funny at the very least because handing Spitfire that torn uniform from who knows where, she thinks it belonged to Fleetfoot.

So after a few minutes of laughter we finally stood to our stances, breathing heavily from all that laughter.

"I can't believe she fell for that, I found that uniform from one of my Shadowbolts and had him paint it in Wonderbolt colors then cut out tears to make it look like Fleetfoot fought when in reality she's with us" Shadow explained.

I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit from that explanation, from the fact that Spitfire treated it as if Fleetfoot died or something. Just thinking back to that moment from a minute ago almost made me burst into laughter.

"Speaking of, where did you keep her just in case somepony stuck their nose where it didn't belong?" I asked curiously.

"We keep her around me since my ink can pretty much seem invisible to the naked eye" Shadow replied.

I nodded before hugging her as a way to say thank you for covering my tail feathers before Spitfire was about to give me a throat lashing.

"You have fun doing the opening act of the Games, I'll be watching" Shadow teased me before she went back into the forest.

My heartbeat was beating a little faster than before which was uncommon for me. I looked at my mane and for some reason it was changing jet black.

That's when my eyes changed from green to nothing but black.