• Published 11th Dec 2017
  • 325 Views, 0 Comments

The Devil Within - Nightmarity19



The story about Firestarter Dazzle and how he became the most dangerous pony in Ponyville

  • ...
 0
 325

Chapter 2 Ink

I was awestruck with the presence of Thornheart, I mean her mane glistened in the moonlight above to go along with that yellow glow she was giving off from her eyes. My mind went to millions of places until I had the courage to speak up.

"So you called me over here, why?" I asked trying to hide my nervousness.

Thorn (short version) walked herself a few inches towards me which meant that her muzzle was close to mine and I could hear my heart beat fast.

"I heard your so called commander tasked you and some other pegasi to spy on us to see what technique we're going to use correct?"

She hit the nail straight on the head with that statement. I didn't know whether she read my mind or she's just that damn good at reading ponies minds, either way I tried to say something but no words came out so I basically stood there with my mouth open. She smiled like poison and that's when I noticed a black puddle underneath her hooves but she wasn't drowning or starting to sink...she just stood there.

She noticed my stare and giggled like a cute filly.

"I see my ink power seems to have caught your interest" she said circling me around again.

"Let's cut to the chase" I blurted out, wanting to see what she had to offer.

"Cutting straight to the point eh? Well since you asked I'll tell you, since Spitfire wants to be sure the Shadowbolts want to lose at those games I want you to bring that mare over to the base on your undercover mission. Once I open up, I'll have my other members take you to the meeting room to grab the plans and I'll handle that mare your bringing." she explained quite amazingly as a matter of fact.

I nodded in agreement with her plan, before I decided to leave she planted a soft gentle kiss on my right cheek.

"See you around pumpkin" she said before disappearing in the darkness.

The thought of her kissing my cheek before leaving kept replaying in my head, even when I got home later it still wandered around my mind. No mare has ever kissed me before (with the exception of my mother and little sister) so this is going to stick with me for a while. I laid in bed thinking about her plan that I would let her handle Fleetfoot, whatever that means.

What would she do to her?

A bunch of dark and eerie thoughts begun to surface and play a gruesome murder of Thorn engulfing her in a flood of ink and use her form as a way to infiltrate Cloudsdale and kill all the Wonderbolts then take over Equestria with an iron hoof. But then I realized that we have two princesses that would reduce Thorn to ash if she tried to so that wouldn't happen. One thing that stayed with me was that smile, she would scared colts and fillies with that devil like grin. A flash of when she took off her goggles, revealing those eyes that glowed a yellow hue in the moonlight echoed itself inside my mind.

Then there was her giggle, that sounded sinister in it's own right and that's all I can say on that.

I felt my eyes get heavier until I finally fell asleep, knowing that I need all the sleep I can get in order for me to make this undercover plan to be successful.


Once I was in a deep sleep, I woke up in a clear white room sitting down in front of a static television. Looking around, I saw nothing but pure white and that damn TV that only showed static. I got up from my seat and tried to find a doorway so I can leave but none showed up.

"Just my luck" I grumbled in frustration.

That was until I spotted a stallion wearing a three piece suit and his mane and tail were jet black. His crystal green eyes pierced through my soul as he was staring at me with malice or at least it looked like malice I really don't know. He sat in a seat next to me after I had already stood up to find an exit but I guess he had other plans.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Who I am isn't important right now, what is important is you need to go along with this plan Thorn has planned out" he responded sharply.

Oh great he's going to start the pronoun game

I didn't know whether to take this stallion seriously or not, since there were no other option on the table I guess I'll be a part of this little game.

"Okay since you obviously don't want to tell me what your name is, I'll tell you mine," I began to announce but he stomped a hoof down that caused the room to shake in an unnatural way.

"You name doesn't concern me little peagsus so do not speak it!" he growled.

So I guess he doesn't like names very much, which is understandable. His demeanor was warm and frighting but at the same time it sent a chill up my spine nonetheless. All of a sudden, the walls began to bleed out with dark black ink that reached my hooves and was rising rapidly.

"I shall see you again old friend" he disappeared after saying that.

I had to find a way out and fast but I couldn't see any exit in sight. No windows, no doors, I was trapped in this room of bleeding ink that rose up to my neck until my head reached the rooftop wall. I screamed for help, it fell on deaf ears because no one would be able to hear me.

Suddenly, the ink reached me all the way and starting to drown until I stopped struggling to the surface if there was one and closed my eyes.


BEEP BEEP

I jerked up quickly in my bed with sweat dripping down my head and back of my neck looking around my room. All my belongings along with my singing trophies I won ever since I was a colt stood neatly on the brown bookshelf. My wonderbolt uniform was still hanging outside my bathroom door so that was a plus. I got out of bed to wash my face and await Fleetfoot with out undercover mission to infiltrate the Shadowbolt HQ but my mind wasn't thinking about that right now.

That dream when I was engulfed in nothing but black ink...was that real? No it couldn't have been! But then again...

I didn't know what to think of my dream other than that the fact it was scary as hell. Being engulfed in ink? That's a fate worse than death. After regaining what little sanity I had, I made my way downstairs and cooked some scrambled eggs along with some fresh milk Fluttershy gave to me as a present for helping out her animal friends. As a went to take a bite of my eggs, it turned into ink like from my dream and I almost dropped my fork looking at it. My unstable mind thought of the sticky slimy ink instead of warm delicious scrambled eggs.

I tried to close my eyes imagining my food be food again and for some reason my scrambled eggs and milk returned to me. A knock at the door nearly made me jump out of my chair, I put my fork down on my plate then walked towards the door cautiously. Thank Celestia my house has a little peephole that I can look through, what I saw was that damn ass kisser Fleetfoot with two plastic bags with the shadowbolt uniform in both bags, waiting for me to answer the door. I did let her in then quickly closed the door and locked it.

"Okay so you know the plan right? We disguise ourselves as Shadowbolts then figure out what they're planning" Fleetfoot reminded me, insulting my lack of attention.

"Yea I understand" I say gritting my teeth, keeping myself from shoving my fork into her eye.

She handed me my Shadowbolt uniform that looked surprisingly very terrifying to look at especially the cutie mark skull on the flank side. Fleet tried hers and looked even more ridiculous than in her normal uniform.

But then from out of nowhere I heard a very seductive voice enter my ears.

Put me on Dazzle

At first I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me but this time I looked at the outfit and it sounded like it was communicating with me. Whatever the case maybe, I strapped on my Shadowbolt uniform before putting on the yellow tinted goggles over my eyes. All of a sudden, my fur suddenly felt more at home with this outfit because it fitted to be snug like a blanket.

This is kinda odd but at the same time it feels really really good

As we left my house I couldn't help the sick smile I had on my face for some reason show itself.