• Published 11th Dec 2017
  • 325 Views, 0 Comments

The Devil Within - Nightmarity19



The story about Firestarter Dazzle and how he became the most dangerous pony in Ponyville

  • ...
 0
 325

Chapter 3 Undertone

The forest air was stuffy and horrible, like some kind of musty air. My goggles got fogged up most of the time which made seeing anything virtually impossible, I even chuckled a little when one tree branch slapped Fleetfoot in the face and caused her to fall on her back. She rubbed her flank before I helped her upwards.

"Thank you" she thanked me.

Fleetfoot has NEVER said anything nice to anypony with the exception of Spitfire but that's a whole different story that I do not want to get on to. Anyway, I went on front while Fleetfoot followed behind me until we finally arrived at the Shadowbolts HQ. The outside walls looked like reinforced metal material that wasn't familiar to me, they had 4 guards on post: 2 mares and 2 stallions, and their insignia flowed in the gentle autumn breeze which made that musty stench go away some.

"Whoa this place is even more amazing than I originally thought" I said astonished by what I was seeing.

Fleetfoot wasn't all that impressed and kept walking forward.

You can at least try to be a little amazed, but no that would be too hard for you wouldn't it?

My heart skipped a beat when I laid my eyes on that mare I met hear the old bridge in the Everfree Forest. She didn't have the goggles on, letting her hypnotic stare draw me in like a lost pony at sea but damn was she the most beautiful mare, not to mention mysterious. She walked over to us with that same devil like grin spread across her face to welcome us.

"Welcome you two I bet your hoping for your 1st training session aren't you? Well if you are, this time can't be anymore perfect considering the Equestrian Olympic Games are on its way so we could use all the help we can muster" she welcomed in her soft yet firm voice.

"Happy to do so" Fleetfoot spoke intimidatingly or at least she was doing a bad job of it.

I face hooved at her failed attempt at trying to be intimidating among the Shadowbolts. Even some of the commanding officers raised a single eyebrow at what Fleetfoot tried to do.

This stupid mare I swear to Luna

"Ahem well anyway if you two would be so kind and follow me to our meeting room, where our plan talk is already in progress" Thorn said, getting a hint of sanity back into everypony despite Fleetfoot's failed attempt to sound tough.

We both walked behind her and I saw her ass sway from side to side and quickly blushed through my goggles. Being on the inside of their HQ was actually pretty surreal, the propaganda posters were intimidating enough without me or Fleetfoot walking by. A tall stallion put his hoof in front of me, forcing my body to stop moving. That's when I remembered the plan Thorn had told me when we first met in the Everfree Forest.

"Miss Fleetfoot would you kindly follow me to the training grounds please?" Thorn insisted.

Fleetfoot agreed to follow her to the "training grounds" even though I knew it was a lie. I was led by two big muscular stallions into their meeting room which housed computers all over and most showed the news, today's stock exchange, or schematics of a simulated pegasus stunt test currently being processed. Just staring at it with my mouth wide open was all it took for them as one of them pulled out a black and white flash drive and handed it to me.

You see? Following what Thorn said led you to victory said some strange voice in my head.

I turned around to see who whispered but found nothing. I accepted the flash drive and tucked it away for safe keeping.

Sometimes, I feel like I have this other voice, talking to me. It's been happening to me ever since I could remember but when time grew on, the voices disappeared for a short time until Spitfire offered me a job as a Wonderbolt, then those damn voices began again and this time I don't think it will leave again. My dream of being engulfed in ink burned a hole in my head that will leave a permanent bruise for years to come.

A shrill scream coming from down the hall shook me out of my deep thoughts. I ran out of the meeting room, not caring about the passing pegasi when I would bum rush them trying to reach the source of the scream. When I got close to the door way, my hoof touched something sticky and wet, when I looked down I could see ink and my mind swirled along with my heart sinking. Whatever is going on, it has to be about this god damn ink. I opened the door, much to my surprise Fleetfoot was standing like a statue like she was in a trance.

Thornheart turned my direction and gestured me to come in. I walked in cautiously, as my hooves splashed on the ink blots on certain parts of the floor.

"Thorn what did you do?" I asked quivering.

The sly yet beautiful pegasi gave me a sinister smile before speaking, "Why nothing if you minus the scream Fleetfoot did earlier but after I calmed her down she shared some really amazing things with me," she explained with that creepy demonic smile spread across her face.

I couldn't get over the fact Fleetfoot looks like she was hypnotized by a vampire or something.

At least I have the flash drive on me I thought to myself.

Thorn whispered something incoherently in Fleetfoot's ear that made her body contort in an unnatural way but it was like something should be wrong with her, then again what would be wrong with her that hasn't been documented?

Trying to forget all the terrible things she did just to get Spitfire-senpai to notice her made me sick to my and some of the other Wonderbolts stomachs. She sabotaged Dash and Soarin's wedding party by setting the presents in flames, getting Dust kicked out for a mistake SHE caused but Spitfire being the pony pleader took Lightning Dust out and promoted Fleetfoot to second in command.

Leave her

There was that voice again and this time I could hear it coming out my ear.

Leave her there, you know all the other Wonderbolts utterly despise her. No pony will miss her if you leave her there

It made sense in a sick way but the voice in my head was right. No pony would miss this little pain in my flank for months, I could tell Spitfire that she was brutally killed but died fighting in her honor. Yea, she would totally buy that hook line and sinker.

"Actually Thorn you can keep Fleetfoot, I have what I came for" I said sternly.

She nodded in agreement and walked me out of HQ, stopped in front of the front door. The next few seconds of silence were doused with a kiss on my lips. I felt her warm tongue swirl around mine until we broke away, letting a string of drool go down our mouths. Thorn happen to notice my blushing cheeks as well as my wings sticking straight up.

She giggled, "Wing boner?"

I looked at my wings and soon realized what she meant by that.

"Oh um sorry about that" I apologized, finally getting my wings to go down.

"It's alright trust me you were my first kiss I've had" she said smiling again.

I am her first! Oh my Luna this is awesome!

Thorn was kinda taken back to my now excited expression but returned the favor with a soft kiss on the cheek before she walked back down the hallway.

Boy did I have a story to tell Soarin when I get back.