• Published 22nd Oct 2017
  • 574 Views, 5 Comments

Celestia the Prankster - ShiftedReality



Celestia trolls Luna

  • ...
0
 5
 574

The Machine

Celestia rolling out of bed gets up and raises the sun as usual. She gets ready and heads down to day court after making pancakes for herself and a cup of tea as her morning breakfast. Arriving at day court she looks over the schedule and sees a lot of nobles that are signed for a hearing. "Uhg it's going to be a long morning" groans Celestia. She sits down waiting for the first of the nobles to start blabbering about nonsense until lunch time. After listening to idiots talk for 5 hours she giddily walks to the royal lunchroom. Her personal guards noticing her uncharacteristic excitement and look with confusion at Celestia as she suddenly stops. Celestia turns towards the wall on her right and tells her guards "just a moment I need to do something for a second." Celestia counts 7 seconds to herself and knocks on a specific spot on the wall. Satisfied Celestia continues walking like nothing had happened. Her guards rushed to catch up to her after wiping their confused faces off.

The bowling ball getting knocked free by Celestia's knocking heads down a ramp on the inside of the wall. The bowling ball reaching the bottom of the ramp bumps into a bigger bowling ball knocking it free to travel down its own ramp. After rounding a couple of corners it knocks a switch which turns on a small hot air balloon. The ball sitting in the balloon's basket slowly gets lifted up higher and higher until it hits a new ramp. The bowling ball traveling down the new slope slams into a knife angled right next to a thin rope cutting it. This rope freeing a glider hanged to the inside ceiling starts to glide down slowly. This glider bumped a smaller glider knocking it free. Which then bumped another glider letting it fall.

Luna, rolling out of bed reads the time on her clock. Groaning she rolls out of bed and gets cleaned up and puts on her regalia. With her running out of coffee in her own room she realized she needs to get some coffee at "lunch". However, it was really going to be her breakfast. "That's what happens when you play games until 3:00 am," she says to herself. Stumbling out of her chamber sleep still clinging to her she barks orders for her personal guards to follow her to the royal lunchroom. The guards follow in line behind her not wanting to displease their princess. The Princess, however, was tired, very tired. Knowing this the guards stood a little further back than usual fearing that even one small inconvenience will make the Princess, of the night, lash out in a brilliant display of magic that will deal with anything. Even if that magic will turn that anything into ash.

After the glider flew through the air and bumped a button turning on a fan. The fan blew a large stack of paper on a balancing scale shifting the weight in favor of the basketball that resided on the other side knocking it free. Bouncing a few times it lands on its target, a seesaw with a golf ball on the other end. The golf ball, getting knocked upwards lands on a ramp. Sliding down the ramp it bumps a medicine ball. The medicine ball rolls down the rest of the ramp and bumps into a jar of syrup. This syrup pours into a bucket that is sitting right over the doorway of the royal lunch room entrance. Simultaneously the medicine ball also hits a switch which cuts a rope. This rope now cut, frees a group of bowling balls which travel down their own ramps ending in the same spot bumping over a small jar of liquid deteriorate. This jar pours over a thick rope holding back a large hay barrel propped up in the ceiling ready to swing right where the doorway is when it is freed.

Celestia continuing her walk towards the lunchroom she looks at a clock hanging to a wall and starts to walk a little faster forcing her guards to follow in stride. Rounding the corner she can see the royal lunchroom. She tells her personal guards to not let anyone but luna walk through the lunchroom door first. Celestia teleports into what the guards assumed was into the royal lunchroom. The guards shaking their heads in confusion stand guard of the door obeying their Princesses orders. Celestia landing in the lunchroom takes a seat near the main door. "If I've done my math right luna should be at the door in the duration of 551,557,906,200 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom, or in 60 seconds!" Celestia says raising her hoof in triumph. She then giggles uncontrollably to herself as her contraption seems to be nearing completion.

Luna Almost at the royal lunchroom rounds a corner and thinks to herself "I'm about 60 seconds away from the lunchroom." "Celestia has been acting secretively lately I should talk to her after my lunchtime coffee and see what she is up to." Luna smiles as she plans out how she will confront Celestia about whatever she is hiding from her over these past few months. Speaking of lunch she sees the lunchroom in sight walking over to the door she Hears Celestia giggling inside, walking into the room by pushing through the propped door. Luna gets a bucket of syrup poured all over her. Surprised she is covered in syrup she didn't notice the haybale that was hanging from the rope finally cut free it swings straight into Luna's face. Getting covered in hay that is sticking to her because of the syrup she looks at Celestia and her eye twitching angrily. Celestia trying not to die of laughter from the look on Luna's face says. "Hay Luna Why the long face?" Luna unsurprisingly exploded with rage. "CELESTIA THO WILL FEEL MY WRATH"

Author's Note:

This is my first story that I came up with on the spot I hope you enjoyed this. However, if you didn't enjoy it tell me. I'm not sensitive if you think this is terrible explain what I could/should have done differently. I want to write more compelling stories but I'm nervous and just want to get my feet wet. Thank you for reading :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 4 )

So Celestia built an overly complicated rubegoldberg machine inside the castle walls in order to pull off an over the door bucket prank? Seems legit. Well done Darling.

Fun and could be in an actual episode.

This was an excellent story in need of a sequel where Princess Luna gets back at Princess Celestia with a prank of her own.

Login or register to comment