• Published 21st Oct 2017
  • 780 Views, 9 Comments

A Rainbow Over Myst - Moon Flame



Artus expected the patient and cunning Stranger to once again travel into his age of Myst and solve the puzzles that awaits there. Would he settle for an impatient and brutish pegasus pony with a rainbow mane instead?

  • ...
3
 9
 780

I Have A Book For You To Read (Epilogue)

It had been a difficult task for Twilight and her friends to perform the transformation of Atrus, not only because of the advanced magic involved, but even more so because of the social bounds that needed to be handled. The ponies would have to link to Serenia and look up Yeesha. There they would have to inform her of, not only her mother’s death, but also the current situation of her father.

The mane 6 had then been forced to leave Pinkie Pie in Serenia for two days and comfort the broken human girl. Yeesha’s final decision had been hard to make, but final none the less. Yeesha asked Twilight that she would allow her father to be free from his prison book and turn him into a unicorn. She had then not only accepted, but insisted that Atrus would be brought to Equestria and be allowed to socialize with other ponies. As for herself, a part of her wanted to come with her dad, and maybe one day she would, but for now she wanted to finish her studies. As for Atrus he had at first been resistant to the plan. But when he heard how happy Yeesha was that he would not be spending the rest of his life inside a prison book he had accepted Twilights offer.

That last part became clunky when Atrus wrote about this in one of his many diaries. He looked with a bent mouth at the pathetic attempt to spell the name of the princess alicorn. Indeed, Atrus was still getting used to his new life as a pony. As for the prison book Atrus had done what his father did with all his failed experiments, tossed into a furnace. It had taken him almost a week learning how to walk on four hooves. He had then been forced to take private lessons with Twilight to not only learn about Equestria and its customs but also learning how to write ponish using his mouth to hold the quill.

The second alternative was currently pointing out at the top of his head. A unicorn had the ability to carry objects through the air, but so far Atrus had no idea how to use his horn. There had been moments of excitement when things had sporadically been flung across the library, but he still had no clue how to control his magic. He remembered Twilight telling him that magic and logic wasn’t really that much different from one another, and to understand the logic of magic, along with how your emotions affected it, was the key of becoming a unicorn good at magic. Atrus thought that becoming good at being a pony in general was a good start though.

The door to the custom-made library located in a separate part of Twilights castle sent wide echoes as it opened. Atrus turned around.

“Hi Rainbow Dash.” Atrus dark voice greeted.

“Hi Atrus.” Rainbow Dash said, a smile formed on her face. There was a moment of silence. Atrus looked confounded at the unusually modest Pegasus pony.

“Was there something you needed?” He asked.

“I found this book, I just thought you could help me read it. I am still a little rusty on the reading department you know.”

At first Atrus looked bewildered at the Pegasus pony that wasn’t exactly known for her love of reading. But for some reason it didn’t feel that odd.

“Of course. Take it here and let’s have a look.”

Atrus then helped Rainbow Dash read the book that turned out to be about some of the ages he and Catherine wrote.

“Thanks, Atrus. You really are helpful.” Rainbow Dash said as they were getting ready to wrap up.

“Don’t mention it Rainbow Dash, it’s the least I could do after the help you’ve given me.”

A day then passed. Atrus was practicing his ponish when the door opened again. It was Rainbow Dash. She was holding another book.

“So, here we go again.” Atrus joked.

Rainbow Dash laughed.

“I never knew you as a reader Rainbow Dash.”

“I guess I’ve grown a liking for…” Rainbow Dash hesitated. Atrus looked at her as he expected her to answer. “…For reading.” She ended.

On two more occasions Rainbow Dash brought a book to have it read. Atrus though she had become really good at it. It was now the fifth time she walked into the library with a book. Atrus were standing behind her as she sat down by the reading table, the candles sending flashes across it while Rainbow Dash turned the pages. Atrus laughed as he watched the familiar letters turn by.

“Haven’t we read this already?”

Rainbow Dash turned around and faced him. She smiled nervously.

“Oh, I guess we have.”

Atrus laughed. Rainbow Dash looked straight into Atrus colt eyes as her smile slowly faded. The expecting eyes of the Pegasus mare didn’t look at all like they were done here, neither did her wings as they unfolded, her hooves as they wrapped around his mane, her mouth as it kissed him. Rainbow Dash flapped her strong wings and pressed Atrus decisively up against the bookshelf behind them.

———————————————————————————

The stars laid sparkling across the fabric of space inside the Star Fissure. A book went sailing down toward Earth. It’s golden title sparkled in capital letters.

‘MYST’

Comments ( 4 )

Myst.... With rainbow dash.... THAT'S BRILLIANT!!

I love the book

The kiss at the end was kind a random

Well, that happened.

Login or register to comment