• ...
6
 36
 1,723

Prologue

The sun lazily rose above the horizon. Many animals awoke and began scurrying about, beginning their daily routine. A small, yet still tall,figure shuffled around in her bed covers. She groaned, dreading about waking up. No, she was dreading school. All the kids laughing at her weak and fragile figure. Most of them would only be her friend because they pity her. This was Fluttershy’s daily routine. She whimpered and tried to think up an excuse for her mother that would get her out of a school for a day. She groggily got out of her bed and got changed into a long, yellow dress and a pair of sandals and went into her bathroom. She brushed her pink bangs,which only seemed to cover up the left side of her face, and stuck a butterfly hair clip in her hair. She brushed her teeth and slowly made her downstairs.

“Good morning, Fluttershy sweetie” Her mother cooed as she set a plate of eggs and buttered toast down on the table. Fluttershy slumped down in the chair and simply pawed the eggs with her fork.

“Uhm, mom, is it okay if I miss school? I don’t feel too good” She stared up to a now concerned mom.

“But you look fine, dear” Her mother said, kneeling down and pressing her hand to Fluttershy’s forehead.”You feel fine” Her mom got back up and searched around for a thermometer. She went back to her daughter, knelt back down and slipped the thermometer in under Fluttershy’s tongue. She whimpered again when her mom stated that she was fine. There went that idea. She slowly ate her food and forced herself up, got her backpack and left home. She searched her mind for any possible good sides to school.

“Well, maybe they won’t laugh too hard” Fluttershy sighed. She never understood why they teased her. Was it because she’s useless and afraid of her own shadow? She vaguely remembered a girl named Gilda always calling her a wimp, ripping up any drawing she may have out in the open and yelling at her when given the opportunity.The worst thing was that she absorbed all of this and didn’t do a single thing about it, while she tried not to burst into tears. She did take notice of her friend’s reaction to Gilda’s behavior. She seemed guilty and kind of sorry for Fluttershy. The girl must’ve known how she has been treated lately.

Fluttershy was so lost in thought, she didn’t even notice she reached school. She gulped and walked up to the entrance, hiding in a crowd of a bunch of kids. She went to her locker and got a tote bag out, containing her gym clothes, while she put her other stuff in. Fluttershy kept her head low as she went back down the stairs and to the gymnasium. Luckily, not too many students showed up yet, which gave Fluttershy the opportunity to pick a quiet spot to sit where no one can make fun of her. Minutes went by as students slowly filled the gym and the bell finally rang. The coach walked into the gym, holding onto a clipboard. Attendance. One of the few things Fluttershy dreaded about school. Not only was she extremely quiet, some of the students would laugh at her for her squeaky and small voice.

“Blaze

Blossomforth

Blue Skies

Brolly

Cloudkicker

Cloudchaser

Ditzy Doo

Dumb-Bell

Fire Streak

Firefly

Fleetfoot

Flitter”


With each name called, there would either be a “here” or “present” for a response. He then called on of the few names that everyone seemed to be looking forward to.
“Fluttershy” The coach called and she gulped, biting her lip.
She nervously opened her and called out ‘here’ as loud as she could. Most of the students snickered. The others just smirked at her. Fluttershy twiddled her fingers and stared down to her feet. The couch searched around the room until he spotted her, and checked her off on the clipboard, muttering.

“High Winds
Hoops
Lightning Streak
Misty
Rainbow Dash”

This name actually drew a pause from everyone, as they all looked around for the tomboy.”Has anyone seen Rainbow Dash?” The coach asked, a few shrugs being his answer. He was going to mark her absent when something burst through the gym door, catching everyone by surprise.

“I’m here!” Rainbow Dash shouted, the door slamming shut behind her.
“You’re late” The coach told her, obviously irritated.”Take a seat” He instructed. She shrugged and walked over to her friend Serenity and plopped down.

“You totally missed it,Dash!” He whispered to her and she cocked an eyebrow. Missed what? Dumb-bell acting like an idiot as usual? She could make a fool out of him anytime she wanted!
“You missed Fluttershy’s pathetic attempt at being loud. I swear, that girl should’ve been home schooled” Serenity chuckled. Rainbow Dash merely but on a fake smile and glanced over to Fluttershy. The poor girl was just staring at her lap, twiddling her fingers. Rainbow knew full well what it was like to be bullied, but she didn’t know what it was like to not do anything about it.

“Raindrops

Rapidfire

Sandstorm

Score

Serenity

Silver Lining

Skyra

Snowflake

Soarin’

Spitfire

Surprise

Thunderlane

Wave Chill”

Everyone said here when there name was and the coach slipped the clipboard under his arm.
“Alright everyone, daily warm-up today, get changed and do a few laps on the track”
With that said, everyone got up and dashed to the appropriate locker rooms. Rainbow Dash couldn’t help but look back around for Fluttershy. She was waiting for everyone else to leave the gym before actually going to the girl’s locker room.
Poor girl.
Serenity left for the boy’s locker room, while Rainbow left for the girl’s. The room was filled with a sound of girls laughing, locker’s slamming and running water from the sinks. She walked to her own locker and got the required pink shirt, for girls only, and a pair of Cyan shorts out. She wasn’t very comfortable of wearing pink, but it was the gym’s dress code. Why couldn’t she wear blue, like the boys? Stupid gym.
She left the locker and went outside to the track. A few were already out and running around the track, leaping over the hurdles. Rainbow grinned to herself as she off toward the track and leaped over the hurdles as well.

Fluttershy nervously made her way outside, some of the girls and boys shoving past her. She could never tell if it was an accident, or if they do it on purpose. She slowly made her way to the track and did a slow jog. She leapt over the hurdles, barely tripping over them, giving everyone something to laugh at. She felt a bit more confident on the track, as she quickened her pace and leapt over the hurdles with more ease. Her gaze shifted around, until they landed on three boys in particular. Dumb-bell, Hoops and Score. The trio were smirking and snickering at her. She gulped, her new found confidence fading away. She leapt over one of the hurdles, a bit too late, and her foot got stuck on it. She let out a shriek as she fell face first to the track. She struggled to pull herself up and saw them come over to her.

“Nice going, Klutzershy,they oughta ground you permanently”

“My little brother could do better than you”


Fluttershy whimpered as she started up to them, now laughing their heads off. She sighed and stared down at the track. A soft thud of footsteps could be heard getting closer, but that was to be expected. Fluttershy sighed and traced little circles from the dirt on the track. The footsteps were getting closer and closer until...

“Leave her alone!” A voice shouted, catching not only the trio by surprise, but also Fluttershy. She jerked her head and was amazed. This girl...she wasn’t one of the ones who were Fluttershy’s friends through pity. She seemed, different. She looked like the same girl who was always with Gilda. Short, always wears Cyan, but one quality of hers stood out like a sore thumb. Her frizzed, rainbow hair.

“Oooh,what’re you gonna do, Rainbow Crash!” The boy with chocolate brown hair, covering up his eyes, and light brown shorts teased.

“Keep making fun of her and find out!” Rainbow Dash’s voice cracked at the end of the sentence, while she glared harshly at them.

“You think you’re such a big shot, why don’t you go ahead and prove it” The boy with dark cream hair and dark brown shorts took a step closer to Rainbow.

“What do you have in mind?” Rainbow asked, smirking at the challenge.

“A race then, you go against both of us” Dumb-bell challenged, him and Hoops smirking. Rainbow simply crossed her arms, as a yes.
The three just grinned and took off to find the coach. Rainbow scoffed, and spun around, looking down on Fluttershy.”So what happened that caused them to tease you like that?” She asked, kneeling down and helping the pink haired girl up.

“It’s just something everyone does, but it might be because I’m pathetic” She explained, brushing some dirt off her pink shirt and butter yellow shorts.

“That? Just because they misjudge you? If you ask me, that’s even more idiotic of them than usual” Rainbow muttered the last part.”’Anyway,name’s Rainbow Dash, what's yours?” She asked, trying to start up a decent conversation with the shy girl.

“F-Fluttershy” The shy girl stammered.”Thanks for standing up for me” She smiled sweetly to Rainbow Dash.

“Don’t mention it, someone needs to put those three in their place” Rainbow grinned, running a hand through her frizzy hair. An awkward silence followed between the two, as Rainbow groomed her hair and Fluttershy stared at the ground.

“So...you’re gonna be in a race now? Good luck” She finally took her gaze from the dirt covered track to the rainbow-haired tomboy.

“As if I’ll need it, I’m one of the fastest runners here” Rainbow scoffed at the comment, stuck her head up high and crossed her arms.
Fluttershy was impressed by Rainbow’s self-confidence in herself. She seemed to have what Fluttershy lacked. Her complete opposite.

“Alright everyone, off the track, we have a race going on!” The coach yelled, catching everyone by surprise. Rainbow simply smirked towards the coach’s direction and looked back up to Fluttershy.

“Hope you enjoy the race” Rainbow told her and ran off to the starting line. Fluttershy simply gave a shy smile to Rainbow Dash and stood to the side of the track, the bleachers occupied. Fluttershy was so thrilled by this. Rainbow Dash wasn’t making fun of her like everyone else. Rainbow was actually standing up for her. For her honor.

Comments ( 36 )

The only question I have is...

Why is every quote bolded?

909681

Most stories I have read have the text bolded whenever someone speaks. I always found it easier to seperate it from the rest of the text.
I might be the only one though :twilightblush:

909719 Ah that explains it.

Nah, it's fine, It's just the very first time I've seen somebody use it ike that.

carry on...

and I shall watch you on my throne.

909729 It is Distracting! Hey thats not a bad thing though! :rainbowwild:

909743 Nope! It isn't it doesnt drag me away from the story, it doesn't hinder anything, it was just something weird, but it's coo!

now off to my Roleplay group, I have rules to fix!

If you don't mined.. please don't make this a Flutterdash story. Nothing against you if you decide to though. Really enjoying the story so far. :pinkiecrazy:

910107

:rainbowderp: Oh dear. Are you not a fan of Flutterdash?
But I do have most of this story planned out, as well as the shippings I'll be including. I do have a bad feeling I'll be the center of a shipping war in a couple chapters.

910139 What ever you do is fine. :pinkiehappy: I'm not much of a flutterdash fan but hey it's our story.

910229

Well,so long as you enjoy the story, then I'm happy :pinkiehappy:

910461

Better get to writing the 2nd chapter now

The bold dialogue is really distracting. It makes it seem like everything is being yelled.

910625

:fluttershysad: Oh,I'm sorry. I wanted to try something new when writing stories. If you want, I can get rid of any bold text for future chapters.

Bold quotes make me feel like im watching a play except all the actors are doing is screaming into their mics and the main speakers are on full blast it hurts mine elf eyes to readjust to the differing text sizes other than that great story.

I WILL READ THIS LATER! But at this moment I want to say, I'm gonna find whoever made that pic and kick their teeth in. Seriously, Diamond, fucking, Tiara but no Spike. Teeth will be forced down someones throat along with my shoe for this blasphemy! Also if you want to avoid the shipping war you can always give the ships you plan on sailing in the description at the bottom. Saves time and rage.

915541

Sounds like a good idea, actually. Thank you so much ^^
And...um,I made the picture. I was gonna draw a human version of it later, and the reason why there's no Spike is because I couldn't think of a good ship for him, once I do, I'll add him in. I promise :twilightsmile:

918436 *Cough* Three way ship with Rarity and A.J., cause he's the swagon :ajsmug::moustache::raritywink:

918445

Hmm,three way ship...I'm sure I can fit it in to a few chapters for AppleSpike and/or Sparity fans.

918463 I'd be the Sparity of the lot. But Spike is enough dragon for all the mares :raritywink: There's an amusing irony to this comment you'd only get if you read clop and a particular story of mine, that I'm supposed to be writing right now instead of slacking off on here. Here, be inspired!

ponibooru.org/_thumbs/4eea39a3e167a4ae2619063c147a8df6/thumb.jpg

918494

Okay,thanks for the idea,I'll add it to the list of ships. It'll be pretty interesting.
:ajsmug::moustache::raritystarry:

918523 Damn the lack of a salute emoticon!

Happy to assist.

918552

A salute icon? They really need one.

918576 I told potalz. He said he'd look into it for his next custom pack update. dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Bonbon_OMG_LOVE.png

918596

Sweet! We NEED the salute icon!

So, who wants to watch me rip the wings of an entire school of Pegasi.

Also, I do find the bold dialogue a bit distracting.

921807

I bet Rainbow would :rainbowdetermined2:

And I know,I'm getting rid of the bold in the next chapter. When I'm not busy,I'll edit it out of this chapter.

924295 Sounds good.

Time to burn down a school! Oh, the memories. :scootangel:

924336

Wait,we're burning their school down? Just make sure the important people get out. You know, Rainbow and Flutters.

924401 Of course. After all, who would share this bag of marshmallows I brought to roast with me?

924417

Well,I'm here. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt.

I look forward to more chapters. (that is... if there will be anymore?)
:yay::heart::rainbowkiss:

wait, they're humans?

Noo is this cancelled or on hiatus? Plz answer this story is awesome,

I really like the concept. I also like that all my favorite ships will be in it. Anyways, what happened? Is the story on hiatus or is it cancelled?

5143373
I don't know? I really want to know what happens next

The ship name for twilight and pinkie pie is wrong it’s not Twinkie it’s tripie

Login or register to comment