• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 1,913 Views, 13 Comments

Rainbow Dash and Twilight Play LSD: Dream Emulator - Stormin Away



Rainbow Dash is helping Twilight out, when she comes across one of the wierdest games in Equestria.

  • ...
0
 13
 1,913

Chapter 2: The Bucked up Dreaming

Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle were sound asleep under Princess Luna's moon. They had dreamed about the things they saw and heard over the day, and memories seemed to pop back in their resting heads. However, something strange happened. Rainbow Dash's brain surged like it did when she was playing that wierd game called LSD at Twilight's. Her mind was blank, but she could still think. Rainbow tried to wake up, but instead fell back into sleep paralysis, and her mind projected a scene of that of a yellow walled house, just like the one in LSD. Rainbow felt like she was actually awake, trapped in this place, so she began to look around and trot through this building of sorts. It felt so amazingly real, that Rainbow began to grow panicked.

Meanwhile, in the bedroom of the Ponyville library, occupied by Twilight Sparkle, Twilight was having the same exact dream as Rainbow Dash. She felt like she was actually inside the yellow starting house from LSD, only she was on the floor below Rainbow Dash in the house. The first thing she did in this place was exit through the way she did in the game, as she assumed it was simply interfering with dreams she had that would take place in Ponyville. Random objects from the day seemed to weave their way into Twilight's dreams, but this one was completely different. She went out of the bar at ground level to find she was in the same exact front yard from the game. Twilight in real life so desperately tried to wake up, but it seemed she was stuck in this dreamworld.

Rainbow Dash quickly made her way down the stairwells, which looked exactly like the one from the game. She eventually reached the ground level bar, and saw Twilight Sparkle out in the distance, heading into the dark tunnel from the front yard. Rainbow attempted to call for her, but the only noise she made was a ringing echo that sounded just like her voice.

Twilight Sparkle heard a ringing echo that sounded like one of her friends, so she quickly turned around to see a cyan pegasus charging towards her, looking faded, as if she was the spirit of Rainbow Dash. Twilight tried to reply, but all that came out of her mouth was a ringing echo like Rainbow Dash's, only in Twilight's voice instead.

The duo was finally reunited, but stared at each other awkwardly, seeing as this was a dream, it would be quite unusual to see your best friend, in person, in your dreams. The duo soon began to head into the dark tunnel from the house's front yard. The two couldn't see anything for a bit, not even each other's pupils, but soon, they were in a vast, green plain, just like the one Twilight encountered in the game. The two looked into each other's eyes with worry and proceeded across the plain. Rainbow Dash stopped to make a point, and tried to say, "Hey Twilight, try getting us out of here with your magic" but all that came out was a ringing echo. Twilight could recognize Rainbow's mouth moving, and could figure out what she was trying to say.

Twilight began to attempt a teleportation spell, but even at her hardest attempts, her horn refused to glow the transparent purple it did in the real world. Rainbow Dash shot her a look of worry, and the two proceeded, trying to stay as close as possible. As the duo tread carefully, Rainbow Dash accidentally bumped into a very undetailed tree, causing her to seemingly disappear with a flash of light. Twilight grew panicked as she saw the flash in her own vision. She whipped around with fright, to see that Rainbow Dash was gone just like that. Twilight looked all around the area for any hopes of finding Rainbow Dash, but she was gone for good. Twilight, soon just continued her strolling solo, but as she turned around, she accidentally bumped into another tree, and like that she was gone with a flash.

Rainbow Dash was now in a place that looked like it had a bunch of spherical objects spinning around a big cone after the random teleportation. Rainbow couldn't seem to do anything but stare at this object, as she was paralyzed for some reason. After about a minute of watching the spheres rotate around the huge cone, she hypnotically walked into the object, and again, she was gone with a flash.

The lavender unicorn was now in the strangely colored area she had also encountered in the game. As she walked through, crossing over the purple and yellow railroad tracks, and going toward what looked like a maze of slightly raised platforms. As she proceeded across the plain of wierd colors, a giant, tye-dye colored penguin seemed to spontaneously appear out of thin air, just like that. Out of shock, Twilight started trotting backwards, hoping to bump into something to teleport her away.

Rainbow Dash was, well, Dashing across the plain when she was suprised by the tye-dye penguin that Twilight was startled by. As the giant bird seemed to waddle out of the maze. Rainbow Dash flew at full speed toward the bird, but just as she was about to nail it in the side, the penguin randomly turned toward Rainbow Dash, causing her to run dead into it's face, teleporting away.

Twilight was relieved to see the bird had stopped chasing her, but was instantly filled with fear to see Rainbow Dash had been whisked away by the giant beast. Fearing that the penguin had hurt Dash in some way, Twilight began motoring across the dreamworld as fast as her legs could carry her, hoping to find a way into wherever Rainbow Dash may have gone.

Rainbow Dash was now teleported to the dark seaport she had encountered previously in the day. Rainbow was now fully scared, as she was now completely alone in this desolate landscape, Twilight wasn't just off doing something and no one else was at her reach. She was completely alone. The same noise from the game played as Rainbow thouroughly heard it. She very cautiosly and slowly took her steps, as her hooves quivered with every one, "Oh Twilight, pleeeease teleport here..." Rainbow thought out of her sheer fright.

Twilight Sparkle had spontaneously appeared in the same world as Dash, but luckily had her in sight. Twilight, noticing the fear in the pegasus's steps, rushed over to help her.

Rainbow was shivering with every step as she noticed Twilight come closer to her. She immediately attempted to respond, but suddenly everything was being drowned out as she hypnotically laid on her side. The last thing Dash heard from Twilight was her echoing ring of a voice which turned to the shrill sound of her ears ringing, then dead silence. Rainbow's mind was blank, and her dreams was nothing but pitch black. A few seconds later, a small, red box started blinking in the upper left hand corner of her dream state. The rest of the night after that, pitch black.

Twilight had the same thing happen to her right after Dash, but the red box was more close to the center of her vision, and in the upper right segment.

Meanwhile, in real life, things weren't looking good for the two ponies. Rainbow Dash had seemingly climbed out of her bed in her sleep, and was walking into a wall, her face already well buried into the cloud material as her hind legs continued to move as if she was walking. As this was going on, the showing eye was tiny pupiled, and extremely bloodshot, as Rainbow uttered random, nonsensical sounds into the wall as she was sleepwalking.

Twilight Sparkle on the other hand, was lying on the floor, in front of the soft chair she had pulled out for Rainbow Dash to play LSD in. She was lying on her side, and her front hoof glided back and forth across the floor, as if she was trying to move a joystick. Her eyes were also bloodshot, but only the bottom half of them showed, as if she tried to close them. Stuck in this limbo state, Twilight also uttered nonsense as her hoof continuously moved back and forth across the floor.

Comments ( 7 )

Congratulations. You made me get a copy of that game.


This really is an interesting fic. Waiting to see more:twilightsmile:

I've never played this game before, just seen one episode of a lets play,
But I'm sure this isent supposed to happen:trixieshiftright:

2774145

It's called fiction for a reason

2774307
I know that,
I was joking.:fluttershysad:

2774363

Ok, just checking

My brain at 4 am fails to process sarcasm

Wasn't based off the creator's dream jornal, It was based off the dream journal of Hiroko Nishikawa

Login or register to comment