• Published 3rd Jul 2017
  • 630 Views, 1 Comments

The Anniversary - Macmeg13



Based off the Phineas and Ferb episode, "Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together"

  • ...
 1
 630

9

Everything was going according to plan. While her latest musical number has put her slightly behind schedule, she's confident everything would run smoothly. All she had to do is do a quick look over the finished stage, she really need to repay Minuette and her group for the fast and efficient work, and gave the performers time to rehearse. Then she can call her BBBFF and both her parents would stop fighting. Nothing could ruin her good mood.

Until she got home.

Fire ponies swamped the front of the house, but from the looks of it, they were preparing to leave. Both Twilight and Spike stood a gaped across the street, trying to understand why there were fire ponies in front of their home and why the kitchen window was pitch black and smoking. All the answers were put together when a disheveled Night Light and what seemed to be a burned lasagna came out of the house with a fire pony.

"Oh, well, so much for that. I guess it's not a total loss." Night Light muttered to himself, trying to remain calm. "I mean, this is still presentable, right?" he practically shoved the charred meal in front of the fire pony. The pony in question raised an eyebrow, examined the blackened tray before shrugging.

"Eh." was all he said before hopping in the truck. Night Light slumped in defeat as he walked back into the house. Both Twilight and Spike facehoofed at the same time, Twilight letting out an annoyed groan.
Her father tried to cook.

With a sigh, she got up and crossed the street, the band was almost here and she wanted her father to look some what decent before they came.

"Hey, Dad, we're back." she called when entering the house, both she and Spike wrinkling their noses in disgust at the strong smoke smell. She followed the smell to the kitchen and nearly screamed at the mess that behold in front of her. It was almost as if somewhat put all of Shinnies firecrackers into the oven, for the lid was blown clean off. The whole kitchen was blacken with chunks of ingredients everywhere. The floor, the walls, even the ceiling had questionable globs glued on top! The fridge door was hanging by its hinges and the glass cabinets shattered, along with the dishes inside. In the center of the chaos sat her father, who was enjoying lying on his face on the burned kitchen table, the burned dish lying next to him. Twilights left eye twitched as she examined the mess, using all of her will power to not start cleaning. She felt Spike giving her soothing nuzzles on the back of her head as she tried to control her breathing. After a few more breaths, she finally managed to calm down enough to walk through the mess, carefully, and laid a consoling hoof on her dads shoulder. Night Light sighed, but didn't move.

"Oh, kids, it's really hopeless." Night Light whined, his voice muffled by the table. Twilight was at a lost for words, not knowing what to say to make him feel better. As she wracked her brain for some thing, anything really, to say she felt Spike tap her shoulder. Twilight turned to him to see that he was poking at the charred window. Twilight looked as well, squinting through the blackness and saw three known figures walking up their home. She smiled as she quickly turned to her father, surprising him when she started shoving him towards the door. She really needed to applaud them on their timing.

"Fear not, Daddy-O. We got you covered." Twilight walked ahead and looked at the small excited drake. "Hit it, Spike." Happily, the baby dragon crawled on top of Twilights head and flamboyantly opened the door. While Night Light was first blinded by the setting sun, his eyes soon adjusted to reveal three ponies he never thought he'd ever see in the flesh.

"Magic Love?!"

--------------------------------------------------------

After Twilight and Spike resurrected her father, they both left to check the back yard while Night Light left for a quick shower to make himself more presentable. Inside the living room at the Sparkle home, Jeff Letrotski, Hoity Toity and Neon Lights were rummaging through old costumes that Hoity brought for the show.

"I have to admit, I never thought I'd wear this stuff again." Jeff said, chuckling from his seat on the couch. Hoity nodded in agreement as he looked through the old costumes. A laugh escaped him as he took out a flashy skin tight suit from the box.

"Ooh, look." Showing the costume off to Jeff, who as well bursted out laughing. Neon left the kitchen, mouth slightly full as looked at the costume in disdain.

"Hey sorry, folks. Not gonna happen." he replied while sitting on the sofa, patting his large stomach as evidence.

"Dude, is that the burned lasagna from the kitchen?" Jeff asked, pointing at the black lasagna in the unicorns magic. Neon shrugged as he levitated his fork and took another bite, much to Hoity's disgust.

"What? You can't let good food go to waste." he replied nonchalant, chewing the crunchy meal. Hoity scoffed.

"Looks like it all went to waste to me." he commented, poking fun at the stallions weight. Neon glared through his shades.

"Watch it, Mr. Tease and Curl." Neon shot back. Hoity huffed as he dramatically tossed his mane.

"This is exactly the kind of slovenly behavior that ruined Magic Love." Hoity proclaimed. Neon scoffed as he took another bite.

"No, it was infighting due to pressure from a dwindling fan base." Jeff and Hoity shared confused looks with one another.

"What are you talking about?" Jeff asked, causing Neon to roll his eyes and swallow his bite.

"It was in that book." he paused as he tried to remember the title. "Oh! Rock Ages Through Out History!" Satisfied with his memory, he took another bite of crispy lasagna. Hoity gasped.

"You saw that too? Did I look fat? I thought I looked fat." he question, making self conscious glances to his figure.

"That's it." Jeff grumbled as he got up from the couch. "This is ridiculous. I'm out of here."

"No, wait!" All three of them turned to see Twilight rush back inside, a worried look on her face. "You can't go. Mom's not back. What about your fans?" Jeff sighed as he walked up the small child and crouched down to her level, a bitter sweet smile on his face.

"Twilight, I admire your optimism, but besides your dad, be honest. What fans?" Hoity and Neon shared a look, both seeming to be thinking the same thought. However, instead of being sad, Twilight gave all three of the a large smile.

"Follow me!" she answered, turning around and rushing to the back door. Confused, and mostly curious, all the rockers followed the small filly and dragon. As they walked through the halls, all three of them heard cheering, which seemed to grow louder and louder as they got to the back door. With one more smile and a wink, Twilight opened the door to reveal a view they hadn't seen in years.

"Whoa."

All three saw a large crowd of ponies, cheering in front of a professional looking stage with colorful lights and curtains. It seemed like all of Canterlot came to watch them preform, but what seemed to surprise them the most was what the crowd was cheering to the stage.

MAGIC LOVE! MAGIC LOVE! MAGIC LOVE!

On and on the crowd cheered for the band, demanding for them to preform. Twilight giggled at the threes reaction, causing them to turn back to her.

"Little dudes.... this is," Jeff chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief. "unbelievable." he finished. Twilight tilted her head in confusion.

"Why?" she asked, looking back at the crowd with a smile. "During all this time you that I convinced you three to join for my parents you never stopped to think that their may be more ponies like my parents out their?" From their confused looks, Twilight couldn't help but chuckle once more. "Oh come on!" She turned to Jeff.

"When I was with you, you managed to convince a teen to buy your guitar after merely yelling at him." She then turned to Hoity Toity.

"When I was with you the whole salon sang your praises! All of them eager for your approval and notice." Finally she turned to Neon.

"And when I was with you, you got a whole library to get up and dance so easily! You took the rhythm of the library and made it your own!" She looked back all three.

"All three of you are so passionate of your work, even when you stopped! You inspire other to do the same as well! So self conscious about what your fans thought of you that you forgot all about your music. You guys had fans before and you still have them now! You guys are amazing!" The three rockers blinked at the motivational speech, letting the words sink in. Jeff smiled as he gave a good natured chuckled, tears started falling from Hoity Toity's eyes and Neon silently threw out the lasagna, suddenly not hungry anymore.

"Besides," Twilight continued, unaware of the rockers revelations. "It's statistically impossible that you only affected my parents. Thousands of ponies probably have been affected by your music. You guys were legends in the past, hosting many concerts and tours in front of millions different ponies, and simply only affecting two, is simply a ridiculous notion." She turned back just in time to see all three stallion hugging the small filly and the dragon. Twilight blinked in surprised before smiling and hugging them back. After a bit, all three let go, all chuckling. Jeff ruffled Twilights mane affectionately.

"Aren't you a little too young to be this smart?" He joked. Twilight smiled proudly, chuckling as well.

"Yes, yes I am." she replied.

"So now what?" Hoity asked, trying to compose himself by drying his tears. Neon smiled widely as he levitated his sticks.

"Now we give our fans what they want!" Jeff pumped his hooves, cheering.

"Then lets rock!"

Author's Note:

Hope my attempt at a friendship speech PLUS trying to sound smart at the same time isn't too cringy!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment