• Published 29th Jun 2017
  • 291 Views, 4 Comments

Mattronus Adventures - Mattronus87



Mattronus crash lands from space, meeting new friends and old aquaintances as he has his own adventures in Equestria.

  • ...
 4
 291

Mattronus Adventures Ep.3: Insecticide

Author's Note:

I'm might not post anymore for quite a while, since a lot if required to make a story look even remotely good. Since at the time of writing this, the series hasn't really been getting much support, so I'll just stop writing entirely until requests come in to do more. I won't ask for requests, but if you guys want more episodes, just let me know. For now, this is how the series is going to end...

A few more months have passed, and during that time, the mane six got to know all about Steel Wing. The big cybernetic dragon likes Fluttershy, Twilight, and Rarity. However, he was grossed out by Applejack and Rainbow Dash. For some reason, when it was his first time meeting Pinkie Pie, Steel Wing was extremely scared of her.

“Why is he only scared of me?” Pinkie asked Mattronus. “Out of all ponies!?!!?!”

“That’s odd.” Mattronus said, confused. “Steel Wing is usually never scared of anything smaller than himself.”

What Pinkie Pie didn’t know is that if Steel Wing is scared of somepony when he meets them for the first time, it usually meant that they are capable of something very fatal. However, this was Steel Wing’s first time ever being scared of an ordinary pony. While Mattronus and Steel Wing were flying around the badlands, they picked up a very weird signal. They landed next to the origin point of the signal and proceeded to investigate. They searched all around the badlands to find the source of the signal, and when they were just about to wrap up their investigation, Steel Wing senses an unusual, but evil presence near them. He turns around and sees an unusually red changeling. Mattronus did research on all of the evil creatures that currently exist in the world in Twilight’s library, and changelings were suppose to have changed their form ever since their old kingdom collapsed. This changeling in particular had not released its happiness yet, but as a matter of fact, parts of it that were suppose to be green are instead red. Mattronus takes a photo of it just before Steel Wing bites its head off.

“Let’s head back to Twilight’s, she’s gotta see this.” Mattronus says, hopping on Steel Wing’s back.

The two of them proceeded to head back to Twilight’s castle, where they were going to show her their discovery.

“Yo Twilight!” Mattronus shouts, walking through the hallways of her castle. “I got something surprising I need to show you!”

He proceeded to the meeting court, only to see Starlight and Spike having a conversation.

“Yo, Starlight, Spike!” Mattronus says, trotting towards them. “Have you seen Twilight around? I need to show her this photo.”

“She’s at the crystal empire, visiting Shining Armor.” Spike replied. “What do you need to show her, anyway?” Mattronus lifts the photo of the red changeling out of his back with a cybernetic wire and extends it towards Spike.

“I saw this changeling in the badlands, its color palette is different.” Starlight and Spike observe the photo, and Starlight’s eyes widen.

“Oh no, oh no this is bad, this is bad!”

“What’s bad?” Spike and Mattronus say in sync. Starlight levitates every book off a bookshelf and flips through every page of the books she can.

“There is a breed of changeling that was thought to be extinct, and for good reason.”

“Let me guess,” Mattronus says. “It’s more evil than the previous kinds of changelings?”

“Worse than that.” She said. She finds the book about the red changelings. “Here!”

She levitates the book in front of Mattronus for him to read.

“These are arcane changelings.” She explains. “It all started back when a group of changelings broke into the forbidden library of The Crystal Empire.”

He reads the rest of the page, and his optic pupils shrink.

“They learned the forbidden magic and used it against everypony in the empire? This is messed up!”

“Definitely, and they were all vanquished so that no other changeling would possess this type of power.” Starlight explains. “Now that you’ve uncovered one, who knows how many of them are out there.”

“This was one of their scouts.” Mattronus explained. “I know military tactics, you send the scout before you send the squadron.”

“Since you spotted them in the outlands.” Starlight says. “Then that means they must be making a push for Ponyville!” “Is there a way to call the others over?” Mattronus asked. “I might have a plan.”

The mane six sit in their seats, wondering why they were all called in. Mattronus walks into the room, carrying a huge item on his back. He carefully drops it on the floor, and flies above everypony’s heads.

“Alright everypony, listen up.” Mattronus said. “We’ve spotted some strange activity in the badlands. Steel Wing and I took a photo of this creature and we’ve taken care of it.” Mattronus’s optics shoot up a hologram of the photo from the area. Everypony was amazed by the look of the hologram. In their amazement, they take a look at the photo of the red changeling.

“I thought all the changelings were good now?” Applejack asks. “We were all there when it happened.”

“These however, are Arcane Changelings.” Mattronus explains. “Long ago, some changelings broke into the forbidden library in The Crystal Empire and learned every forbidden spell to ever exist.”

“I thought they were all extinct though?” Twilight asks curiously. “I really need to take some notes!” “No idea, but I believe that we took out a scout.” Mattronus explains. “So the rest of this army must be on standby.”

“So the question actually is, where are they all hiding?” Rainbow Dash asks. “I wanna pound these bugs!”

“I’m suspecting them to be in the dead forest west of the badlands.” Mattronus explains, bringing up a hologram of the Equestria map. “Around here.”

A marker blinks in a speckled area of the badlands. He deactivates the holograms and explains,

“Since these bugs know some forbidden magic, I know just how to counter them.” Starlight levitates the big object that was covered in the sheet, and removes it. The object looks like a compass that is mounted on a telescope stand.

“This seeks out any concentrated source of arcane magic.” Mattronus explains. “Which is where this other invention of mine comes in.”

Starlight detaches six glass covers from the top of the arcane-seeking compass.

“These covers go on your Elements of Harmony.” Mattronus says. “What these do is that they protect you from the effects of this arcane magic, as well as the passive effects of the forest.”

“Have you tested these before?” Rarity asked nervously. Starlight answers with,

“Yep, we have, and it works 100%!”

“Now, since I know nothing of how to navigate this forest.” Mattronus says. “I’ll let Starlight explain how we’re gonna traverse this forest and exterminate these insects.”

“Are you going to be alright in there?” Fluttershy asks nervously. “You don’t have an element of your own, you know.”

“I have absolutely no idea.” Mattronus exclaims, “but I didn’t feel any different.”

“How come we’re going into this certain part of the badlands anyway?” Applejack asks. “Can’t you and Steel Wing take care of em?”

“Well, even with Steel Wing’s size and might.” Mattronus said. “It’s not gonna be enough, and besides, you six have taken care of changelings before, haven’t you?”

Applejack remembers back when the changelings had almost taken over Canterlot, and nods.

“Good point.” She states. “So how are we gonna get em’?” Mattronus lands next to Starlight, who puts the arcane-seeking compass away, and explains what the battle plan was going to be.

When they made it to the forest, Starlight activated the arcane-seeking compass with her magic, and it whirred to life. No red markers appeared on it.

“Alright, we’re clear.” Mattronus said. “Let’s move!”

As the mane six entered the dead forest with their elements equipped, their coats begin to glow, and then stop.

“Good, its still working.” Mattronus said.

As they traversed throughout the forest for a few more minutes, the arcane-seeking compass lit up with a marker, indicating something was in front of them.

“Hold it, something is in front of us.” Mattronus said, his hoof transforming into a plasma blaster.

He hovered slowly above the ground towards the pair of red eyes in front of them, still aiming his blaster at it. The Arcane Changeling lunged at him, and he fired at its head. It dropped dead, landing below him.

“That's one down, how's everypony doi-”

When he turns around, he sees that the mane six, along with Starlight, have disappeared without a trace. “

Aw scrap, this ain’t go-”

All of a sudden, everything goes black.

Mattronus slowly re-activates in a deep red cave, he was tied to the wall with a binding spell. He tries to move, but isn’t able to. He tries shouting, but was muted by a silencing spell. He looks over to the other side of the room to see that his seven friends have also been knocked out.

“Well well” Somepony said. “Look who decided to wake up.”

Mattronus looks over to the entrance of the cave and sees a hooded cybernetic pony with shining red optics that resembled a bat’s. His mane seemed to glow the same color as well. All of a sudden, Mattronus could feel his voice chip coming back online.

“The scrap?” Mattronus exclaimed. “Blithius?”

“Nice to see ya.” Blithius says. “You're working with these chumps?”

“They are my friends.” Mattronus said. “Not my butt buddies.”

“Ah, friends, the good ol’ fashioned excuse to backstab someone, ditch them when they need their support the most, and somepony they do nothing but lie to.” Blithius said sardonically. “Honestly, these ponies here? They’re nothin but criminals!”

“That’s a big pile of slag and you know it, Blithius.” Mattronus said. “These Arcane Changelings are the criminals here.”

“These insects only wanted to spread love.” Blithius said. “Not to be a thorn in anypony’s side.”

“They broke into somewhere they shouldn’t have and tried to use forbidden magic for evil purposes.” Mattronus explained. “They are the criminals here, not the ponies.”

“If only one of these days you could just cut it with the lies.” Blithius taunted. “Then maybe somepony can take you seriously.”

Mattronus’s optics turn red.

“You know, back on Cyberchronis, nopony ever took you seriously, so watch who you’re talking to.”

"Blithius brought out an ionic assault rifle, holstered by a cybernetic wire, from his back and pointed it towards the unconscious Fluttershy."

“You silence your voice chip, or this pony here gets it.”

Mattronus’s optics turn purple, and he closes them, sighing. Blithius puts the rifle away.

“That’s more like it.” Suddenly, the ground starts shaking, and rocks fall from the ceiling.

“What the--”

Blithius exclaimed. Mattronus looks back up, his optics turned green.

“You shouldn’t have ticked off my friends, bud.”

Explosions rocked the cave’s entrance, and a black cybernetic pony with magenta mane, tackled Blithius to the wall and held him against it by an ionic sniper rifle. The black and magenta pony looked towards Mattronus and said.

“Good to see you, love!”

Mattronus’s shackles disappeared, and he lands face first into the ground. He gets up and frees his seven friends from their rope ties.

“You can still levitate them, right?” The black and magenta pony asks Mattronus. He replies with,

“I think so, Piperina.”

His optics glow brighter, and the seven unconscious ponies levitate into the air. He gallops out of the cave, and the seven hovering ponies trailing him. Piperina looks towards Blithius and says,

“You’re being lied too!”

“Over my dead body.” Blithius exclaims. She lets go of him, and he falls to the floor. When he gets up, Piperina is aiming her sniper rifle at his head.

“Fight for the good side, ok? Shouldn’t be that hard.”

“These bugs ain’t evil!” Blithius exclaims. “YOU’RE the evil one here!”

Her optics flash, and Blithius begins to see visions of the past. He sees what the changelings were actually doing to the ponies of The Crystal Empire. It was one of the most unforgivable things he had ever seen in his lifetime. He snaps out of the trance, and he says,

“I… I need time to think about this...” “Yep.” Piperina replies, retracting her sniper rifle into her back. Her optics still glowing, she quickly reprograms Blithius into thinking that what the arcane changelings did was much worse than what he actually seen.

“They were tricking you this whole time, love.”

Blithius turns toward the wall, and punches it angrily.

“Those good for nothing INSECTS!!!”

“Now you know who to fight for.” Piperina said. “Let’s get out of here, shall we?”

The two gallop out of the cave, and follow Steel Wing as he carries the seven unconscious ponies and a tired Mattronus back to Fluttershy’s cottage.

“You sure they’re gonna wake up?” Blithius asks Mattronus. “It’s been over three Equestria hours!”

“Blithius.” Mattronus replied. “These are ponies, not tronians.”

“Yep, even Steel Wing was a bit worried.” Piperina stated. “Good thing he didn’t go into that forest with you.”

“I’m glad that I’m no longer under the influence of that forbidden scrap.” Blithius said. “They do freaky stuff in their spare time.”

No longer under the influence of arcane magic, Blithius's optics glowed blue, and his purple-and-blue mane rested lightly on his black armor plating. Steel Wing, along with some other animals, look through the front window towards Fluttershy, they were really worried about her.

“Ay, Piperina?” Blithius asks. “Ya think you got something that can speed up this sleeping process?

” “Well, I do have my-” A soft and quiet coughing from the couch cut off Piperina's reply. They look over and see that Fluttershy is starting to wake up.

“Where… what happened?” She asks. “How did I get back home?”

“I sorta… knocked you out.” Blithius confessed. “And it’ll take time til I actually mean to apologize”

“M-Mattronus?” Fluttershy asks nervously. “W-Who are these two?”

“Meet Blithius and Piperina.” Mattronus says. “More of my partners from back home.”

“Nice to meet ya.” Blithius says, walking into the kitchen. Piperina walks over from the window and says,

“How’s it goin’ love?”

“W-why do you look a lot like me?” Fluttershy asks woozily.

Piperina had long and flowing magenta mane, similar to Fluttershy’s, except Piperina was a robot and had an indigo feather sticking out of the top of her ear, which seemed to glow brightly as well.

“Well, I wanted to go for the more good looking one, why do you ask?” Fluttershy blushes as her eyes widen.

“Oh, o-ok.”

“Oh, no need to be embarassed, love!” Piperina exclaims. “There’s no shame in looking good!”

“Ok, let’s not push it.” Mattronus says in Fluttershy’s defense. “I mean, she woke up from an arcane knockout spell.” The animals outside rejoice as they see that Fluttershy is ok, and Steel Wing looks relieved.

“If you can, you should head outside, the others should wake up momentarily.” Mattronus explains. “Steel Wing looks very relieved to see that you recovered.” She slowly gets up, and walks out the door.

“How’re the others doing in the other rooms?” Piperina asks. Blithius comes out from the kitchen carrying peaches and saying,

“Peachy Keen!”

Mattronus and Piperina facehoof, and they look outside to see Fluttershy, as well as Steel Wing and all the other animals, are playing peacefully.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment