• Published 29th Jun 2017
  • 286 Views, 4 Comments

Mattronus Adventures - Mattronus87



Mattronus crash lands from space, meeting new friends and old aquaintances as he has his own adventures in Equestria.

  • ...
 4
 286

Mattronus Adventures EP01: Intro Corruption

Author's Note:

This is my very first fanfic I have ever written, so its not gonna be perfect. I have written more chapters, but I will wait to post them til feedback is given about this first chapter. If anyone wants more, then I will post more chapters. Go easy on me, back when I first wrote this I was starting out, so there are a few gramatical and punctuation errors here and there I couldn't identify. Constructive criticism is appreciated too. The reason why some characters don't sound how they usually sound and how my OC acts villainous I will explained in a future chapter. Special thanks to Arrenjay for constructive feedback and appropriate edits to make in the story!

After being launched from his home planet so he isn’t scrapped, Mattronus is in a stasis pod, which is set for a crash course to a planet that is known as earth. He enters atmosphere, still not able to awaken. A few minutes pass, and he crashes in a grasslands. He remains in stasis still. After a few more minutes passed, the crash site is surrounded with ponies. Princess Celestia is on her way to investigate this surprising turn of events. She sends a letter to Twilight Sparkle to meet her at the crash site. Royal Guards are moving ponies back to make room for the Princess. Her carriage lands, and the guards make way for her. She walks elegantly over to the pod. Twilight is already there waiting for her.

“I’ve never seen anything like this before"! Twilight exclaimed, “This is the most exciting thing I’ve done in a long time!"

“Patience, Twilight.” Celestia says, “We don’t know what this does, so be cautious.”

As soon as they were about to lift the pod with their magic, steam bursts from the pod. The two are startled at first, then await for what is about to happen next. A probe separates from the pod, and scans everypony that is currently at the crater. Everypony was about to freak out, but the probe returns to the pod, indicating it is finished scanning. The pod starts glowing a bright shade of indigo, and stops. Twilight starts to lift the pod with her magic again, this time the pod opens. This let out a gasp from Twilight.

“Whew” She said, “Good thing nothing’s happened-” A great force pushes Celestia and Twilight back, the pod falls to the ground, and something escapes from the pod at a high speed. The guards rush to the princesses, helping them up. They were both ok, but shaken.

“What was that?" Twilight asked.

Celestia replied, “It’s up there!" In the sky, a cybernetic pony is floating in midair. It’s wing’s were extended, indicating they were completely made out of metal. It opens its eyes, revealing indigo optics. It stares at Celestia and Twilight, motionless. Everypony flees from the crater to safety, as this cybernetic pony floats back down to earth. It lands on all fours, not saying a thing.

“Does it speak our language?" Twilight asked curiously. Celestia walks elegantly towards the pony, it gets ready for any incoming attacks. She stands over it, as though she is testing for any hostility. It just stares right back up at her, it still says nothing. It floats back into the air, waits a few seconds, and turns around to punch something fast that was heading it’s way. Rainbow Dash falls to the ground, unconscious.

“Rainbow Dash!" Twilight shouts, galloping towards her. The cybernetic pony flies away with great speed, as Celestia breaks her stare to Rainbow Dash’s injury. She had a massive bruise on her forehead. “We gotta get her to a hospital!" Twilight shouts, “She might have a concussion!" Twilight lifts Rainbow Dash with her magic, and flies towards the hospital. Celestia gets back on her carriage, and she is escorted back to canterlot.

Fluttershy is outside her cottage, she is tending to her flower garden. The birds chirp peaceful songs and the other animals are grazing the grasslands a few feet from her home. All of a sudden, the birds fly away and the animals flee to the forest. She is confused as to why the animals are acting this way. Then she notices why, a few feet away in the grasslands, a cybernetic pony is observing her. It walks toward her with heavy hoofsteps. The ground beneath Fluttershy shakes, but she just stands there, legs shaking. Her eyes widen as it crosses the bridge that goes over the river that is outside her home. It stops in front of her, Fluttershy is extremely scared now.

“Oh… my.” She whispers, nervously. He stares into her eyes for a few seconds. It’s optics light up, and scanning lasers cover Fluttershy. She closes her eyes, whimpering when the lasers make contact. She opens her eyes and realizes that she wasn’t being affected at all. The lasers stop, and the cybernetic pony sits down.

“Hello” he says. Fluttershy doesn’t respond, then after a few seconds pass, she works up the courage to greet him.

“H-Hi.” She whispers. The cybernetic pony adjusts its ears.

“There is no need to fear, I’m not hostile.” She sits down, legs still shaking.

“W-who are you?"

“I’m unit 6-23-1987, or, well, Mattronus, to be precise. You can just call me Mattronus, apologies for the scare back there.” Her legs no longer shake, but she is still frightened at the sight of a pony made completely out of metal.

“I-I’m Fluttershy.” She whispers. Mattronus’s back opens up, and a fan comes out, suspended by a cybernetic wire. The fan turns on, and he positions it to Fluttershy’s left.

“There’s no need to be shy, I’m friendly.” He says calmly. Fluttershy calms down a bit, and works up the urge to talk.

“Ok, but can you be more friendlier around my animals? You see, all the animals here are my friends.” Mattronus looks up at the trees to the eyes of many birds and squirrels. He looks down through the forest to see the eyes of a bear, rabbits, and many other critters.

“Oh, my apologies.” He says. He contracts the wire with the fan into his back, and lifts out some bird feed. He extends the feed towards the birds in the tree, they flinch for a second. A squirrel slowly walks up to the plate, sniffs the food, and takes a quick nibble. A bird lands on the plate, pecks at a seed, and chirps happily. This was the other bird’s cue to dig in. The creatures wipe the plate clean in a minute, and he contracts the plate, putting it away back into his back.

He closes his back, saying, “Some creatures, never seen anything like them before.”

“You’ve never seen birds?" She asks curiously, “Where have you been this whole time?”

“Oh, I forgot to mention.” Mattronus says, “I’m not from this planet.” This sends a chill down Fluttershy’s spine, she’s never met a pony that was from outer space.

“You mean that you came from up there?" She points up to the sky, and Mattronus looks to where she is pointing.

“Yep, actually…” Mattronus opens his back, and brings out a telescope. He adjusts it to see his home planet, he extends the telescope, it is pointing towards a certain part of the sky. “I came from right there.” She looks through the telescope, and she sees a planet that is completely made out of metal. It has lights shining from different parts of the planet.

“Oh my! So you’re from there!" She exclaims quietly. “That’s amazing!" She hears her name coming from across the river, and Mattronus puts away his telescope, closes his back, and turns invisible.

Twilight flies toward her, shouting, “Fluttershy, come quick! Something awful has happened to Rainbow Dash!"

“Oh my!" They both fly as fast as they can to the hospital. Mattronus follows them, quickly and quietly.

Twilight and Fluttershy enter the hospital, galloping towards Rainbow Dash’s room. When they entered, Fluttershy saw that Rainbow Dash had a massive bandage covering her forehead.

“Oh my! What happened?" “Some metal pony went and slugged her in the forehead while she was flying at high speeds!" Twilight exclaimed. “Why would it do this?"

“You mean Mattronus?" Fluttershy replies. “He was talking to me back at my cottage.”

“Wait…” Twilight says, eyes widened. “YOU actually talked with it?"

“Him” Fluttershy corrects. “And yes, I have.” Twilight is frozen with fear and anger. She wanted revenge for what he did to Rainbow Dash.

“Why didn’t you tell him off for what he did?!?!" Spike exclaimed, sitting in a chair next to Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy replied, “I didn’t know he did this to her at the time, I’m sorry.” Spike looks over to the window, and he sees Mattronus staring through it.

“There he is!" He shouts. Twilight quickly takes action. She grabs him with his magic, and teleports him into the room. He tries cloaking, but the magic outline from Twilight prevented him from doing so.

“Aw scrap.” He says.

Twilight looks at him with anger, saying, “You’ve got some explaining to do”!

Mattronus’s eyes turn red, “BACK OFF” He shouts angrily. “I didn’t know this pony was your friend.”

“You shouldn’t have slugged her in the first place!" Twilight says with rage in her voice.

Fluttershy taps her, whispering, “Take it easy, he didn’t know that she was our friend.” She turns toward Mattronus. “And you're sorry for it, right”? He nods, optics turning back to indigo. Twilight let’s go of him, and he falls to the ground face first. He gets up, shaking his head, and sees that Twilight and Spike were very angry at him.

“Hey, I’m sorry for what happened to your friend, you’re still gonna be frowning at me for forgiving? Tch, ponies…” Spike gets up off his chair, and he and Twilight walk out of the door, heading to the waiting room. Mattronus sits in the chair where spike sat.

“You think it’s best that I sit here and wait for her to wake up?"

Fluttershy sits in the chair across from him. “We’ll both wait, so she doesn’t try to attack you, anyway.” Rainbow Dash starts to wake up, groaning when she opens her eyes. Her vision is a little blurry, but soon clears up.

“What… happened?" She looks to her right to see a cybernetic pony looking right back at her. “Woah, never seen you around here...”

“Take it easy, you have a pretty bad concussion.” Mattronus says, “It’s best that you stay here and rest for a bit until your doctor arrives.”

“He knocked you out and he’s very sorry for it.” Fluttershy whispers. Rainbow Dash tries to remember back before she falls unconscious. She also got the word that a crash landing occurred outside of Ponyville. She was very excited to see what Twilight and Celestia were about to uncover. When she was flying at Mk. 1 speed, all she could remember was a crater, and then something bright, and that’s all. She went back to sleep, and Mattronus sighed.

“Mind if I follow you for a bit?" He says, activating his cloak.

Fluttershy looks weirded out at how he managed to cloak, then she says, "Ok, but don't scare any pony, please?" She sees the door open and close on its own, and she follows.

Fluttershy was walking towards Twilight’s castle. She opens the door and enters, the door was still open for a few seconds, and then closes.

Mattronus decloaks next to her. “So this is her home?"

“Yep, this is the place.” Fluttershy says. They both walk down the hallway towards the mane six’s meeting place. Starlight Glimmer was checking a bookshelf for something to keep her occupied.

She looked toward Fluttershy and Mattronus, and has a shocked expression on her face.

“Woah!" She trots over towards Mattronus, inspecting every inch of his body. “Fluttershy, where’d you find this thing”? Starlight asks her, excitedly. Mattronus rolls his eyes, sighing.

“I can talk as well, you know.” “You can!?!?" She exclaims. “What’s your name? Where’d you come from? Who made you?"

“Ok take it easy.” Mattronus says. “I swear, this is why I’m only visible to Fluttershy’s eyes.” Twilight walks into the room from down the hallway.

“What the?" She trots down to Fluttershy and Starlight. “What are you doing with that thing?" She asked Fluttershy furiously. “This thing is dangerous!" Mattronus facehoofs, sighing.

“Is there more I can do for you? Was an apology not enough?"

“Wait, YOU were the one who slugged Rainbow Dash in her forehead?" Starlight asked. “That’s pretty cool if you ask me, no pony has the guts to do that to her.” Twilight was dumbfounded.

“Are you kidding me? This thing put your friend in the hospital!"

“I swear.” Mattronus said, mumbling the rest of what he was gonna say. Twilight walks over to him, squinting.

“Excuse me?"

“I said, I’m sorry, can you forgive me now?" He said annoyingly. “I already apologized to Rainbow Dash back at the hospital, now what do you want me to do? Do tricks?" Starlight giggles at what Mattronus says.

“Actually, I got just the thing.” Twilight looks at the map, she scans for an open area. “We’re going to Unicorn Plains, we’re gonna battle!" Starlight and Fluttershy gasp. “You sure?" Mattronus asks Twilight, “You might wind up like your friend back in the infirmary.” “Oh, we’ll see about that.” Her horn lights up, and everybody in the room was teleported to an open grassland.

Mattronus and Twilight get into position, they are about to have a duke it out. Fluttershy and Starlight sit on the sidelines. Spike holds a megaphone, and he shouts,

“3… 2… 1… FIGHT!!!" Mattronus and Twilight dash swiftly at each other. Twilight makes a shield and a sword out of magic, and strikes Mattronus with her sword. He sideswipes to the left, making her miss the attack. He tackles her with great speed, and slugs her neck with the back of his hoof. She goes flying in the direction of the hit, only to teleport behind Mattronus and blast him with a strong beam of energy. Mattronus lands on the ground, hovers in the air, and his front legs transform into giant blades. He flies at Twilight with great speeds, and starts swinging his blades, only his attacks were blocked by Twilight’s shield. He swiped furiously at Twilight’s shield, and it starts to crack. She pushes him back with the shield, and swipes furiously at him with her sword. She lands one final swing with her sword at Mattronus with great force, sending him flying into a boulder. He lands on the ground with a loud metal clang.

“Had enough?" Twilight taunts. Mattronus looked up, his optics were completely red, and he was furious. He transforms his blades back into hooves, and brings out two miniguns from his back, which were holstered by cybernetic wires. All of a sudden, he teleports behind Twilight, and starts spinning up his two miniguns.

"What the--" A spray of bullets catches Twilight off-guard, and she tosses up a magic wall behind herself, but she doesn't count on Mattronus's tenacity--or his miniguns--and the bullets continue pelting the shield. Despite its caster's efforts, the shield cracks, and Mattronus launches himself at the helpless princess, landing punch after punch on her delicate hide. Then, swinging his metal tail, he strikes Twilight across the ribs and sends her skidding across the ground in a cloud of dust. The alicorn crashes headfirst into a boulder and lies still, and Mattronus roars in anger or triumph--Twilight's horrified friends can't tell--and flies away on wings of steel.

Twilight wakes up in a hospital bed. She starts groaning because the pain from the fight kicked back in. All of her friends, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy were sitting in front of her. They all had sad looks on their faces.

“I… I lost that fight?" She asks slowly.

Applejack replies, “Yup, not only that but he put you in a body cast!" Twilight looks down, she notices that her body has been completely covered in a cast.

“Oh that metallic menace!" Rarity shouts, angrily. “This is no way to treat a princess! Not at all!"
"Take it easy rarity.” Rainbow Dash says, calming her down, “He’ll get what’s coming to him.”
“I’ll also give him what’s coming to him!" Pinkie Pie adds. “I'll give him a lot of it, too!"

“Settle down everypony!" Some pony shouts. Everypony looks over to see Princess Luna was standing in the doorway. She walks in, and following her, a very damaged Mattronus. He limps into the room, his body sparking insanely. Everypony looks at him with an angry look as he limps towards Twilight’s bed.

“I’m sorry for crippling another pony.” He says. “I’m supposed to be fighting for good, it didn’t have to come to this.”

“I hope our little fight taught you a lesson.” Luna says. “You admit that you fight for the right side, right?"

“Y-yes." He says, his head twitching. He looks toward the other 5 ponies, they are no longer angry with him, instead they looked terrified. Mattronus was in really bad shape. After his fight with Twilight, Luna caught him trying to escape into outer space. They had an aerial battle, but Luna was too strong for Mattronus to handle, and he’s sustained major damage because of this.

“I’m not going to banish him, neither is Celestia, he claims that he wants to learn more about friendship.” Everypony looks at each other, soon they all have grins on their faces and nodding their heads. Mattronus lets off a sigh. “So, where do I start?" “When Twilight has fully recovered.” Luna says. “You did mess her up pretty bad though.” Mattronus stares at Twilight, and she stares right back at him. “I’ll see you in a few months, and don’t worry, I can fix myself up.” Luna teleports herself and Mattronus back to canterlot, so Twilight and the other 5 can catch up with what has happened today.