• Published 29th Jun 2017
  • 291 Views, 4 Comments

Mattronus Adventures - Mattronus87



Mattronus crash lands from space, meeting new friends and old aquaintances as he has his own adventures in Equestria.

  • ...
 4
 291

Mattronus Adventures Ep.2: Surprise Visit

Author's Note:

In this story, I make sure that all the characters sound how they are intended to sound, instead of how I originally made them sound before editing. I also looked through and made sure that there are almost no past/present tense mistakes as well. I have more episodes typed, but I will need to look through them so they aren't as bad as episode 1. I originally made Mattronus to be a good pony, not a bad one, and in this episode I made sure that justice was served and some explanations were made. In a future episode I plan on explaining why in my first writing why some characters didn't sound right. Until then, enjoy!

Six months have passed since Twilight’s battle with Mattronus. He is currently going through intensive friendships lessons with Twilight. Mattronus practices these skills he has learned, but is still trying to earn the mane six’s forgiveness for what he has done to Twilight. He spent this first three months of his time in Equestria in a dungeon as punishment for what he has done to her. During his time in the dungeon, Mattronus begins to feel utter regret for what he has done to her, and thinks of what he should do once he gets out. After he has gotten out, Luna lets him off with a warning about what would happen if he did this to anypony a second time. After his meeting with Luna, he writes a letter to Twilight to apologize once again for what he has done and that he hopes she will make a good recovery. During the other three months, he helps the mane six with their tasks. He becomes a fashion model for Rarity, an assistant baker for Pinkie, helps Fluttershy with her animals, helps buck apples with Applejack, and clocks Rainbow Dash’s max speed so she can become faster, and helps Spike with chores around the castle while Twilight is in the hospital. After Twilight is let out of her body cast, she heads back to her castle, where Mattronus waits. When she walks through the doors, she sees Mattronus sitting down, looking at the ground with a sad expression on his face.

“Oh, hello Mattronus, how come you’re just sitting here?” Twilight asked curiously. “I read Spike’s letter, you’re doing great!”

“Look, I feel real bad for what I’ve done to you, and I do regret that I crippled you so badly.” Mattronus explained, looking up from the floor. “I hope that we can still be friends after those six months…”

“It’s ok, we both got off on the wrong hoof back then.” Twilight said. “Let’s let bygones be bygones, alright?” Mattronus’s expression changing from sad to happy in an instant.

“Alright, now where am I needed your highness?” Mattronus asked gleefully. “I’ll be there!”

“I believe Spike needed some help with something.” Twilight replied. “Maybe you can check out what he needs?” Mattronus nods, and walks around the castle, finding spike in his room. Spike notices him, and teaches him the valuability of gems, which is a new concept to Mattronus. In his free time, Mattronus went with Spike to a nearby mountain to dig up piles upon piles of gems. While Spike stuffed his mouth full of those gems, Mattronus reads a spell book he found in one of the bookshelves in the library that unicorns are suppose to read.

“I see you’re looking through one of my many spell books?” Twilight asked. “I’m curious, how come you don’t have a horn if you’re able to use magic?”

“I have no idea, but check this out!” Mattronus said, his optics brightening up. He teleports behind Twilight, then next to Spike, then back into his chair next to the bookshelf. Twilight’s eyes are widened as he teleported back into his seat

"Wha...how? You don't have a horn!" She levitated a piece of parchment and a quill to Spike, who sighed grumpily and put down his last fistful of gems to take the items from Twilight. "I want to take some notes!"

“I haven’t been able to teleport back on my home world, either.” Mattronus said. “I really don't know where I got this power.” Spike all of a sudden stops writing in the parchment, and throws up a piece of paper. He picks it up and reads it, and his eyes widen.

“Uh, Mattronus, this is for you.” Mattronus gets out of his chair and walks over to him, picking it up and reading it.

“Aw scrap, it's another one of these private meetings.” Mattronus said, putting the paper on one of the tables. “This is gonna be good.”

“We’ll begin the lesson I had planned another time, for now, the princesses need you!” Twilight exclaims, levitating him to the door. “I’ll see you later!” She slams the door, and Mattronus flies to canterlot at great speeds.

When Mattronus came from the stairs that leads up to the tower, one of the guards motioned for him to go to the court yard. The princesses let the Royal Guards know that Mattronus would be taking a different entrance that nopony else would usually take. Mattronus was thankful he took the time during his forgiveness trip to learn Royal Guard protocols from the new commanding officer of the Canterlot Royal Guard. Mattronus flew towards the courtyard, and sees the two princesses, along with a pink alicorn and a white unicorn in purple armor. He lands, and walks the rest of the distance. When he stops next to Luna, the two ponies he hasn't recognized turn around and have shocked expressions on their faces as soon as they see him.

“I've never seen you around before.” The white unicorn says. Mattronus replies.

“Name’s Mattronus, nice to meet you, so what's the situation?” Celestia turns her head towards Mattronus.

“We’ve been seeing some strange movement in the night sky recently. Now, a few nights ago, in the Dragon Kingdom, the dragon citizens have all disappeared. I have suspicion that the dragons’ absence is linked to the movements in space.”

“We want you to head to the Dragon Kingdom.” Luna says right after Celestia finishes her explanation with him, “There have also been sightings of a giant metal dragon around an active volcano in that area.”

“Whew, finally some action.” Mattronus said with relief, “I enjoy the company, but it’s also cool to get some alone time as well.”

“Good to see my sister’s teaching you some manners.” The white unicorn said jokingly. “I’m Shining Armor, apologies for not introducing myself earlier.”

“I’m Princess Cadence,” said the pink alicorn. “I'm the ruler of the Crystal Empire, you should stop by sometime.”

“Sounds like an interesting place” Mattronus said, “but I got some dragons to question.” He rocketed into the sky and flies towards the dragon kingdom.

When Mattronus reaches the Dragon Kingdom, he lands by a lava pool that the dragon citizens usually swim in. No one was in the pool around it today.

“Strange,” He said aloud. “I thought there would be dragons all around this part of the kingdom.” Suddenly, the lava within the pool shoots up into the air, and falls back down with a massive splash, revealing a massive cybernetic dragon, which lands right in front of Mattronus, staring down at him and right into his optics. “Wait, Steel Wing?” Mattronus asks. Steel Wing looks up into the air and roars. “Good to see you, too!” Mattronus exclaimed. “Can't wait to see the others' reactions!” Mattronus got on Steel Wing’s back, and the formidable dragon lifted off into the air, and flies towards Twilight’s castle.

Twilight was on her way back from canterlot, where she’d gone to check up on her brother and how Flurry Heart was doing. When she was about to open the door, she hears something land behind her. She turns around to see a humongous pair of reptilian optics staring right back at her. She flinches, then backs up to see a giant metal dragon roaring with excitement. Mattronus gets off his back saying,

“Meet Steel Wing, my battle partner from my home world!” Spike opens the door, but when he sees the size of Steel Wing, he slowly walks back inside and closes the door.

“You’re telling me this big dragon is… your partner?” Twilight asks curiously. “You can understand him? Even when he seemingly isn't able to speak?” Steel Wing nudges his head on Twilight, which lets out a giggle from her.

“Will you look at that, he likes you!” Mattronus said. Steel Wing then licks Twilight with his metal tongue. “A bit… too much.” He adds, cringing. Twilight rolls around in the grass, shouting,

“Ew ew ew ew ew EW!”. Mattronus begins rolling on the ground, laughing. Steel Wing gets up, and breathes a blue flame on Mattronus. After a few seconds pass, he stops breathing on him, revealing Mattronus covered in ash.

“Thanks… for that.” He says, shaking all the ash off. Twilight gets off the ground, and shakes some blades of grass off of her.

“Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna be getting myself cleaned up.” Twilight said, horn glowing. “Just keep him under control, ok? We don’t want him breathing fire on any pony else.” She teleports inside the castle, leaving Steel Wing and Mattronus to themselves.

“Wanna visit Fluttershy’s?” Mattronus asks Steel Wing. He pants like a dog, which was Mattronus’s queue to hop on his back, and then proceed to fly towards Fluttershy’s cottage.

Fluttershy feeds her rabbit, Angel, a vegetable salad with extra carrots. She feels the ground shake, goes to her front window to see that a big metal dragon has landed in the middle of her front lawn, crushing a few dandelions. She exits her cottage, walking towards Mattronus, who was instructing Steel Wing why eating the animals on this planet is never a good thing.

“Oh my, a metal dragon, too?” She whispers with excitement. “Is this one of yours, Mattronus?”

“This, here, is Steel Wing!” He says, patting his head. “My battle partner from back home.”

“Your… battle partner?” She asks nervously. Steel Wing nudges his head very lightly against Fluttershy, purring as his armor plating turns warm. “Aw, you’re so cute!” She exclaims quietly. He licks her very slightly, making her giggle.

“Wow, he wasn't as rough with you as he was with Twilight.” Mattronus says. “Guess he senses how gentle you are.” Steel Wing then stops and lifts his head in the air, and starts to growl. “There trouble nearby?” Mattronus asks. “Then go get ‘em!”

Steel Wing looks next to Fluttershy’s cottage, and finds three wooden creatures walking out from behind the wall, growling at Steel Wing. “Eeep! Timberwolves!” Fluttershy exclaims quietly, hiding behind Mattronus. The three timberwolves and Steel Wing walk in circles around each other, snarling even louder. After a few seconds pass, the wooden creatures lunge at Steel Wing in sync. Steel Wing steps back and breathes a black flame at the wooden creatures. The timberwolves, now on fire, start yelping and rolling on the floor, which Steel Wing then takes the advantage of the fight by clawing them with 3 quick swipes, then smashing them with his tail. When the smoke clears, all that is left was a pile of wood, which Steel Wing ignited with a puff of orange fire. “Good work, Steel Wing!” Mattronus shouted. Fluttershy is still shaking from the whole ordeal that has unfolded in front of her. “So, you got anything to cook?” Mattronus asked Fluttershy jokingly. Out of nowhere, a draconequus appears with a massive, branchy stick with marshmallows impaled on the ends of it.

“I believe I can make use of this, I was wondering who was gonna be making the campfire!” “Silly Discord.” Fluttershy and Mattronus said at the same time.

During Mattronus’s forgiveness trip, he quickly made friends with Discord. He is highly interested in this cybernetic pony, which he’s never seen before in his life.

“Steel Wing’s gonna need somewhere to stay.” Mattronus said. “You’re an expert on animals, and Twilight won't like it if he sticks around her castle, so maybe you can take him in for a bit? He can feed himself just fine.”

“What does he eat?” Fluttershy asks. Mattronus replies with, “Just about anything, really.”

“What in tarnation is going on here?” Somepony shouts. Applejack comes in galloping from the grasslands, only to see a big cybernetic dragon and a draconequus having marshmallows over a campfire made of timberwolf wood.

“Oh hey, this is Steel Wing, my battling partner.” Mattronus explains. Steel Wing finishes his marshmallow, and walks toward Applejack. He sniffs her, lets out a “Bleugh” in disgust, and walks back to the campfire. Mattronus tries his best not to laugh. “Guess he’s not a big fan of apples, I guess.”

“What in the hay is the matter with apples?” Applejack asked, a little annoyed. “Does this hunk a metal not like fruit or something?”

“If he does that to some pony it means that either he doesn’t like you or you smell really bad.” Mattronus explains. Applejack takes a whiff of herself, only to find that she doesn't smell bad at all.

“I just got back from the spa with Rarity.” Applejack replies. “Do dragons not like the smell of a relaxing steam room?”

“A steam room?” Mattronus asks curiously. “What's a steam room by chance?”

“Why, it's where you go to relax!” Applejack explains. “You never been to one before?”

“Well, I let off steam so my systems don't overheat.” Mattronus says, opening his wings. A big cloud of steam disperses from both sides of him. Applejack looks at him with utter amazement.

“Wow, does that dragon do the same thing?” She asks.

Mattronus shakes his head.

“I'm the only one out my entire kind to ever do it.”

“Jeez, you must be the special one.” She says.

Mattronus walks over to the river.

“Welp, I gotta get back to Celestia, gotta let her know that the op was a success, later everypony! Behave yourself Steel Wing.”

He nods, and goes back to listening to Discord’s conversation. Mattronus launches into the air, and with a burst of a jet-like noise, flies toward Canterlot at Mach speed.