• Published 14th Feb 2018
  • 1,276 Views, 9 Comments

Together - RuinQueenofOblivion



After a hard day of work at Stable-Tec, Scootaloo just wants to unwind, and her very special somepony is there to help her.

  • ...
10
 9
 1,276

Love

"Hey Scootaloo, just reporting in on our latest progress along Route 52," a mare's voice said on the terminal that Scootaloo was working at in her office at Stable-Tec. "I've got most of the equipment set up around here so I'm almost done."

"That's good Rainy," Scootaloo said with a nod, Rainy Days had been working hard to get everything set up in that area and she was glad it was all coming together. "How is Puppysmiles doing?"

"Oh, she's doing fine, still a little bundle of energy," Rainy said with a light chuckle. "I'll be taking her back home to Canterlot in a week or so when I get some time off again."

"You've earned it, just keep up the good work," Scootaloo said.

She had met Puppysmiles on one occasion it had been an... interesting experience with the filly's boundless energy. She seemed like a good kid though, and nopony really ever complained about her visiting.

Though she never could seem to get Scootaloo's name right for some reason.

"Well, I should probably get back to work, take care of yourself and Puppysmiles," Scootaloo said with a smile. "Call me if anything new comes up, okay?"

"Okay, I'll talk to you later," Rainy said as the communication ended.

Scootaloo leaned back and closed her eyes as she thought over what was going on. She just laid there for awhile, really she didn't have much to work on tonight, but she didn't really want to return to an empty apartment back home. She sighed a little and looked down at her terminal for a moment as she started to get back to work when the door to her office opened up.

Sweetie Belle came in carrying a stack of papers and a bag of food. She gave Scootaloo a smile and took a seat in the chair across from her.

"Hey Sweetie," Scootaloo said with a weak smile as she looked at the white Unicorn mare who levitated the files over to her. "The latest lists for the Stables huh?"

"Yeah, everything seems to be in order for most of them," Sweetie said with a nod as Scootaloo looked through them for a long moment. "Vinyl Scratch and Octavia could be moved to Stable 27 the more I think about it, but I'm not sure yet."

"Yeah, maybe," Scootaloo said with a shrug as she flipped through the pages for a moment. "Most of the Stables are nearing completion, that's something at least."

Sweetie paused for a long moment before speaking up. "I, heard you cancelled construction on Stable 102. You didn't consult with me or Apple Bloom on that, mind if I ask you why?"

"Sweetie..." Scootaloo said and sighed a moment as she closed her eyes. She was having to set up an entire security system for Stable 102 given what was locked away inside it, but that was not something she wanted to talk to her friends about, not just yet. "You have to understand, Stable 102 isn't exactly what I'd call safe. I know that it seems normal, but I'm locking it away because its what's best for Equestria."

"Okay, but what happens to the ponies on the list for Stable 102? We almost had it complete including an Overmare, and now they have nowhere to go."

"That's not a problem, I've already had them moved to other Stables and since we hadn't decided on the final Overmare for Stable 99 I put the Overmare in charge there," Scootaloo said with a sigh as she put the papers down. "I'm sorry Sweetie, but this was necessary given the alternative."

"I just hope you'll tell me what was so important about it someday Scootaloo," Sweetie said softly as she looked at her friend. "You know you can tell me anything right?"

"I know..." Scootaloo said softly as she looked into the mare's green eyes. They held that gaze for a long moment as they tried to think about what to say next.

Scootaloo didn't want to admit it, especially not in the kind of world they were living in now, but she had feelings for Sweetie Belle. She was the kindest, most wonderful mare she had ever had the pleasure of knowing, and she had always found her attractive.

But now with the war and their duties running Stable-Tec she didn't think that she'd be able to tell her that. Maybe it was just a pipe dream, but she couldn't help but think about sweeping the Unicorn off her hooves and kissing her right then.

But that probably wouldn't do her any good. Sweetie Belle hadn't ever really dated anypony, but she hadn't really seemed interested in mares. Scootaloo had felt attracted to both genders but tended to favor mares for some reason, and she didn't think about what might happen.

"Sweetie... I..." she started to say and looked in Sweetie's eyes again.

"Are you hungry?" Sweetie asked and looked at her with a smile. "I ran by the local diner and picked us up some food, I hope you don't mind. You kind of worked through dinner, again."

"I guess I'm..." Scootaloo said and then chuckled a little when her stomach growled. "Yeah, I'm hungry. What did you bring me?"

"Your favorite of course," Sweetie said with a nod as she levitated a hayburger and fries out of the bag followed by an Opal Cherry soda. "I know its not exactly a romantic dinner given its Hearts and Hooves Day..."

"Wait, its Hearts and Hooves Day?" Scootaloo asked surprised, she had lost track of the days and couldn't believe that she had forgotten what day it was.

"Yeah it is, so I thought you shouldn't be spending it alone," Sweetie said with a smile as she took out a burger and fries for herself followed by a Sparkle Friendship.

"So, you're not having any luck with love either huh?" Scootaloo said with a chuckle as she looked at Sweetie Belle who just blushed a little and shook her head. "Well, that's too bad, a beautiful mare like you, with your singing you must have stallions lining up to try and ask you out."

Sweetie blushed heavily and shook her head. "Sure I do, but none of them are really that interesting to me. I mean they're pretty cute, but they're not really my type, you know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean," Scootaloo said with a sigh as she looked down at her food. "I'm still waiting for the right pony myself I guess. I mean, there is this one pony who I've had my eye on, but I don't think they'd be interested in me."

"Really? Well, I've kind of felt the same way about somepony," Sweetie said as she took a drink of her soda. "And Scootaloo, you're a great pony. You're doing everything you can to help Equestria survive and be a better place, and not to mention I've..."

She trailed off at that and Scootaloo raised an eyebrow as she looked at the Unicorn mare strangely for a long moment. "You've what?"

"Its nothing, don't worry about it," she said with a shake of her head as she took a bite of her burger. "Mmm, not bad, though I don't think its as good as the Hay Burger back in Ponyville."

"Well, what are you gonna do?" Scootaloo said with a chuckle. "Remind me to include Hay Burger recipes in all the Stables, make them either enjoy it or hate it depending on who we get it from."

Sweetie Belle just laughed a little at that. "I'll put it on the to do list," she said with a smile as she looked back at the Pegasus mare. "Scootaloo... I..."

"Sweetie, you can tell me anything," Scootaloo said with a smile as she leaned over and took Sweetie's hoof in her's. "You're the best friend I ever had and I couldn't imagine a life without you. I, just... I've had..."
"Yes?" Sweetie asked and looked at her curiously.

"I've had feelings for you, ever since high school," Scootaloo said as she looked away from the Unicorn for a moment.

Sweetie just sat there for the longest moment as she looked at Scootaloo surprised. The orange Pegasus just blushed and tried not to look at her. She had really blown it, Sweetie Belle would never feel the same way about her or love her. She sighed and was about to reach for her food again when a white hoof moved into her line of sight and pushed her muzzle up to look into the soft green eyes of Sweetie Belle.

"Do you really love me Scootaloo?" She asked softly as she looked into the Pegasus' purple eyes. "Tell me the truth, I don't want you playing with my heart."

"Sweetie, I'd never do that to you," Scootaloo said and took her friend's hoof in her's. "I've felt this about you for years, I... just wish that I had been able to tell you before. I'm sorry, I should've told you before..."

Sweetie looked at Scootaloo in the eye for a long moment and then leaned in and gave her a kiss. Scootaloo looked surprise for a moment as her wings sprang up and she closed her eyes and enjoyed the kiss for a long moment.

She broke the kiss after a moment and gave Sweetie a smile as they both blushed heavily. "Does that mean you feel the same about me?" Scootaloo asked with a heavy blush.

"Yeah, ever since High School," Sweetie said with a soft smile as she wrapped her forelegs around Scootaloo gently. "Scootaloo, I love you and I have always wanted to tell you, but I didn't really know how to tell you. With the war and everything, I didn't think I'd have the chance to tell you."

Scootaloo looked down at her hooves for a moment and sighed. "With everything that's going on, we need to try and live our lives to the fullest. I want to be able to spend the rest of my life with you, I don't know how long that'll be, but you're the mare I want to spend my life with."

Sweetie smiled a little and nuzzled Scootaloo gently. "I feel the same way but... what are we going to tell my sister? She's not against it of course, but she's going to run you through the ringer."

Scootaloo sighed a little and looked at Sweetie. She knew that the Unicorn had been basically raised by her sister, especially after her parents had died, she was the only family Sweetie had left and they looked out for each other. With the war though, everything felt like it had been getting more and more distant.

"We'll figure something out, I just want to spend all the time I can with you," Scootaloo said with a smile. "We'll get everything worked out with the Stables. We still have a lot to make sure that everything is done before the war is over, I just hope that we'll be able to help ponies."

"You still have to tell me what you're doing with Stable 102," Sweetie said with a smile and kissed Scootaloo on the nose. "I know you're trying to keep it under wraps, but you shut down an entire Stable."

"Alright, I'll tell you... but I want to be your special somepony," Scootaloo said with a smile as she nuzzled Sweetie. "We shouldn't keep secrets from one another if we're going to be together... right?"

Sweetie nodded and Scootaloo sighed a little.

"The experimental energy source they said was being used for it is a Megaspell," Scootaloo said with a sigh as she looked at Sweetie with a shake of her head. "I have it on good authority that its one of the most dangerous Megaspells ever developed. If it fails, it'll destroy a good portion of Equestria. I had to lock it away to make sure that its kept out of the wrong hooves."

Sweetie looked at Scootaloo with her eyes open wide, she certainly hadn't expected that kind of information to come out right away. She had known about the experimental energy source in Stable 102 and she didn't think that it was that dangerous, but she trusted Scootaloo.

"I see, well I assume you have proof of this," Sweetie said and Scootaloo nodded a little. "Alright, I believe you, I just hope that everything is going to be okay."

"Don't worry Sweetie, everything is going to be just fine," Scootaloo said with a smile as she nuzzled Sweetie gently. "I love you Sweetie Belle, I'm just glad that I finally got to tell you as much."

Sweetie smiled and nuzzled back and then looked back behind her towards where Scootaloo kept an out of the way bed for when she had to stay late and didn't make it back to her apartment. "You know, I think its about time you went to bed..."

"What do you mean I'm not..." Scootaloo started to say and then saw the look on Sweetie's face and smiled a little as she took Sweetie's hoof and they walked off towards the bed together and pulled each other into a long passionate kiss.

"What are ya'll doin'?" A familiar accented voice said from behind them and they blushed heavily as they turned to see Apple Bloom standing there and looking at the mares. "Are ya'll, yah know, together?"

Sweetie and Scootaloo blushed heavily as they looked between one another and then back at Apple Bloom. "Well, ummm... maybe?" Sweetie said and looked at Scootaloo for a moment. "Does it matter if we love each other?"

"Well, no, Ah just didn't think ya'll would ever admit it, yah ain't that subtle about it," Apple Bloom said with a chuckle and then looked at Scootaloo. "But yer office ain't tha best place ta celebrate yer newfound relationship, don't yah think? Somepony might wind up walkin' in on yah."

The two mares blushed deeply as they realized that if she had come in just a few minutes later they probably would've been a lot more, distracted. "Sorry Apple Bloom," Scootaloo said with a shake of her head.

"Yeah, we were just, umm, taking a break from our work..." Sweetie said with a blush.

"Yeah, you two go home, yah need a break," Apple Bloom said with a smile as the two mares nodded a little and let go of each other. "Scootaloo, Ah know yah have been workin' hard lately, but take a day off, we can survive one day without yah."

"Oh, okay, I guess," Scootaloo said with a shrug as she looked at Sweetie Belle. "I'm sure we can think of something to do together tomorrow, right Sweetie?"

Sweetie giggled and kissed Scootaloo on the cheek. "Yeah, I'm sure we can," she said with a nod as the two of them headed out of the office together and towards the elevator.

00000

Scootaloo fell back onto the bed breathing heavily as Sweetie slid up next to her and gave her a kiss on the nose. "That was... amazing," she said with a smile as she looked at her new marefriend with a smile on her face.

"I thought you'd like that," Sweetie said with a smile as she rested her head on the Pegasus' chest and smiled up at her. "Have you ever, you know, been with a mare before?"

Scootaloo blushed a little and shook her head. "I've never been in a relationship with a mare before, you were my first," she said with a soft smile as she brushed the other mare's pink and purple mane back. "I love you Sweetie Belle, you're an amazing mare you know that?"

"Yeah, I know," Sweetie said with a smile as she nuzzled Scootaloo's chest fur gently and sighed happily. "We still have to figure out how we're going to tell our families. Rarity's been too busy to really care about this kind of thing like I said, but what are you going to tell Rainbow?"

Scootaloo sighed a little and leaned back, she wasn't sure what she was going to tell Rainbow Dash either. The two of them had been getting more and more distant as the war went on, even if they cared about each other she hadn't gotten much of a chance to talk to her adopted mother. It saddened her a bit, but there wasn't much she could do about it when she couldn't just send Rainbow a message while she was off fighting the Zebras.

"I don't know to be honest, I'll tell her somehow," Scootaloo said with a sigh and wrapped her wings around Sweetie gently. "Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, everything is going so wrong. What if something happens that kills one of us or separates us?"

"Don't worry about it Scootaloo, we're going to be just fine," Sweetie said with a shake of her head. "We have me down for the Overmare of Stable 2 in the event of a Megaspell exchanged. Maybe, we should put you on the list for it, you know, just in case."

Scootaloo smiled a little and nodded as she wrapped her forelegs around Sweetie gently. "I'd like that... hopefully if the worst happens we'd be able to at least spend as much time as we can together after it."

Sweetie smiled and closed her eyes as she snuggled up to the Pegasus mare. It was going to be hard to figure out what to do, but maybe, just maybe they'd be able to spend the rest of their lives together.

"Even if we don't, I want to spend as much time with you as I can," Scootaloo said softly as she kissed Sweetie on the forehead. "Lets just enjoy it for as long as we can. I don't care about what our families might think, I love you more than anything."

"I know, and I love you just as much," Sweetie said and leaned up and kissed Scootaloo gently. "Maybe, just maybe there's a chance this war will end peacefully. I mean its kind of a longshot, but we can at least hope right?"

"Right," Scootaloo said with a nod and closed her eyes. "I'm glad you're here Sweetie... maybe, umm..."

"Yes?" Sweetie asked and looked up at her marefriend curiously.

"Umm, well, I've got a lot of space here, and I was wondering..." Scootaloo said with a blush. "Maybe when you think we're ready, do you want to, you know... come live with me?"

"I..." Sweetie said for a long moment as she looked at Scootaloo for a moment. She wasn't sure what to think of that for a moment before she smiled a little and nodded. "Sure, I'd love to move in with you sometime. Its something we'll have to discuss of course, and I don't really want to rush into anything, but I do love you enough to want to try."

Scootaloo smiled a little and nuzzled Sweetie gently. "Thanks Sweetie, I'm just glad you feel the same way about me. I've never really been good at admitting my feelings, so I've been a bit worried about telling you."

"I know Scootaloo, but you're a good pony and your loyalty to your family and friends is part of the reason I love you so much," Sweetie said and kissed me softly. "We're going to help Equestria as best we can together, and I couldn't be happier."

Scootaloo smiled and stroked her mane gently as she looked up at the ceiling and sighed. "You were the first friend I really had Sweetie. I can't imagine what I'd be like if I hadn't ever met you, so, thanks for being there for me."

"You're welcome," Sweetie said with a nod as she kissed Scootaloo gently. "Good night Scootaloo, I love you so very much."

"Good night Sweetie," Scootaloo said and yawned a a little before the two of them drifted off to sleep in their embrace with one another.

00000

Scootaloo and Sweetie made their way down a street in Fillydelphia. A few ponies gave them looks, more curious about anything else given that they were becoming pretty common faces around the city.

Scootaloo stopped at a newsstand and picked up a copy of Watchmares, this was supposed to be getting close to the end of the story and it was supposed to come with some sort of big reveal or something.

"You and your comic books Scootaloo," Sweetie said with a chuckle as she rolled her eyes a little. "I swear, you're almost as bad as Spike when it comes to them."

"Hey, this comic isn't exactly for kids at least," Scootaloo said with a chuckle as she put the book in her bags before they continued walking. "So, uh, where do you think we should go?"

Sweetie looked around for a moment before she spotted a sign for a milkshakes shop in the distance. "Come on, lets get some shakes."

Scootaloo nodded and they headed for the shop. Scootaloo was more interested in Sweetie than the comic in her bag, even if she was a bit curious about what was going on. There were rumors that the story was getting trouble with the Ministry of Image because of its seemingly anti-war message but it wasn't really clear why.

Maybe she'd be able to talk to Sweetie about it, comic books being censored just because they looked at things differently sounded kind of silly to her.

They entered the shop and ordered a milkshake before they took their seats at a booth. Scootaloo looked across the table at Sweetie and blushed a little.

"So, umm... when do you think we should tell anypony else?" Scootaloo asked as she looked at her marefriend.

"Well, its up to you really, I want to tell them as soon as possible but I don't want it to be before you're ready," Sweetie said with a nod before adding jokingly. "We could always wait until after we're married."

"I think your sister would kill you if she knew you got married without telling her," Scootaloo said with a laugh and Sweetie joined in after a moment. "I'm fine with telling them sooner rather than later, everything is going pretty crazy with the war and I want to be sure that everything is going to be okay first. I love you Sweetie Belle and I don't care what anypony else thinks about that."

"I love you too Scootaloo," Sweetie said with a smile and a nod as the waitress set down the milkshake along with two straws for them.

"You two fillies enjoy yourselves, let me know if you want anything else," the waitress said with a smile as they took a drink of the milkshake.

"We will," Scootaloo said with a smile as she looked back at Sweetie. "I'm not very good at dates really, I'm just a little nervous, you know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean," Sweetie said with a shake of her head. "My agent keeps saying that I should at least try and act like I'm interested in other ponies to get the sales up. I really don't like the idea, I told her that I was always looking or waiting for the right pony. And, well, now I've found her."

Scootaloo smiled and put her hooves on Sweetie's. "Yeah, well I've been kind of too busy to do anything related to romance for awhile."

"Well, too busy is one thing, you are a bit of a workaholic sometimes Scootaloo," Sweetie said with a shake of her head.
"That's something you need to work on, we're getting very worried about you because of that."

"Yeah, I know," Scootaloo said with a sigh as she looked around for a moment. "The fact of the matter is that we need to get all of this done for the future of Equestria. I, admit that I've been way too busy with everything that's been going on and I wish that I could do something more than what I've been doing with my life since the war started. I'm afraid that we won't be able to save as many ponies as we need to."

"There's an old saying I read once," Sweetie said with a sigh. "If you save one pony, you save the world. I know that we're going to be okay, we'll make sure that Equestria is saved somehow. The future of Equestria is in our hooves, and hopefully that future will not be lost just because of some mistakes."

"Sweetie, I'm sure that it'll all be okay," Scootaloo said as she shook her head a little and gave her marefriend a smile. "I know everything is going to be hard for us, but we're going to be just fine."

Sweetie nodded and sighed a little as they took another drink of the milkshake. "Yeah, lets just make sure that Stable-Tec does its job. Do you really think that its going to be okay if we do everything we have planned with the Stables?"

"Honestly, I don't know," Scootaloo admitted with a shake of her head. "Its what we need to do to make sure that Equestria is saved, but I don't really know if we're doing the right thing. I hope that we'll be able to really, Equestria needs to be saved."

"Yeah, I know, but lets think about something else, we don't need to focus on work right now," Sweetie said and leaned over and kissed her softly. "Come on, lets just enjoy our date and worry about things like that later, okay?"

"Okay," Scootaloo said with a smile as the two of them continued to enjoy their milkshake for a moment.

00000

A year passed with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle only telling the ponies closest to them. They were now getting everything moved into Scootaloo's apartment with the help of Apple Bloom, Babs Seed, and Gabby.

"Hey you two," Gabby said and pulled the couple into a hug. "I'm glad you two are finally moving in together, how does it feel?"

"Its, really nice," Sweetie said with a smile as she gave Scootaloo a nod as she finished carrying the last box into the apartment. "Is that everything?"

"Yeah, this should be everything," Scootaloo said with a nod as she set the box down. "Well, its not much to look at, but its ours."

"Ah think its really nice," Apple Bloom said with a smile as she looked around. "Are yah goin' ta be okay? Ah mean, it hasn't be that long since yah got together."

"Well, with everything that's going on, we felt that now was the best time," Sweetie said as she nuzzled Scootaloo gently. "I'm just glad that I get to spend more time with the most wonderful mare in Equestria."

"Hmm, do I hear Wedding Bells sometime in the future?" Gabby said with a chuckle. "And maybe some little hooves running around your apartment?"

"We're still a little ways away from that," Scootaloo said with a blush as she looked at Sweetie. "Though, I wouldn't mind marrying Sweetie. Maybe soon, or if things start to calm down a little, I'd love to get the chance to marry her."

"I'd love to marry you too Scootaloo," Sweetie said with a smile as she nuzzled back.

"Well, who knows I've heard Luna and Celestia making some big announcement over the radio today," Gabby said and that made Scootaloo's ears perk up curiously.

While Luna had made numerous announcements over the radio during the war, ever since she had abdicated the throne Celestia hadn't really done anything to address Equestria. If they were making an announcement together then it had to be something big, maybe a change had come in how the war was going.

What could be so important that both Princesses were addressing Equestria?

"I wonder what they're going to be talking about," Sweetie commented as they looked at the radio curiously. "Do you think its about the war?"

"Maybe, Rainbow told me that the Zebras have been quiet lately," Scootaloo said with a sigh as she looked at the others. "Come on, lets get something to eat while we wait."

After awhile the radio crackled for a moment before an important sounding mare's voice came over the radio along with some music. "Prepare for a message from the Princesses and rightful rulers of Equestria."

The five friends looked at the radio curiously. While they had known that the message was coming they weren't sure what to expect and it made them a little apprehensive.

"Ponies of Equestria, my sister and I come bearing good news on the continued war effort with the Zebras," Luna said over the radio's speakers. "We have good news however, it seems there has been a change of leadership in the Zebra Empire following a coup against the Caesar."

"Myself and Ministry mare Fluttershy have been working out a treaty with the new government in Roam," Celestia's voice said after a moment. "The Zebra government has agreed to a peace treaty that will bring the war to an end. Of course this is with the condition that both sides are to dismantle all their Megaspells."

Scootaloo just sat there in stunned silence. This was what she had wanted to have happen since the war started, but she had kind of lost faith that it ever would at the rate things were going. She looked over at Sweetie Belle who looked just as surprised as she was but she gave her a smile back after a long moment.

"Do you think its real?" Babs Seed asked as she looked at the others. "What does it mean if it is?"

"Well, it means that we're out of a new job," Scootaloo said with a chuckle. It was true, if the war and the threat from Megaspells was gone then Stable-Tec was pretty much out of a job. "I wouldn't mind being out of a job if it means Equestria is safe."

"I know that this seems unlikely to all of you," Celestia continued. "We've been fighting the Zebras for years now, but there is a real chance that everything is over. It will take a little while for everything to be finalized, but I can assure you my little ponies that this is a step in the right direction to end the war. I just hope that we'll be able to live in peace with the Zebras from now on."

"Thank you Equestria," Luna said with a solemn voice. "Good day and good luck to all of you."

As the radio finished the five friends looked between each other as if trying to figure out what to do now. This was a good sign at least, Equestria may have a good chance at surviving the war now.

Scootaloo just smiled and looked at Sweetie. This was what they had hoped for, it was now just a matter of making it all official.

00000

A few months passed before Scootaloo finally proposed to Sweetie Belle. They had gotten everything set up now that they were sure that everything had calmed down. They had even gotten Luna to preside over the ceremony given their family's connections to the government it was easy to do.

The peace treaty had gone through and had held up. Both sides were getting everything ready to make sure that the Megaspells were dismantled and the treaty would be maintained.

"Sweetie you look wonderful," Rarity said as she stepped back with a smile as she fit the dress onto her younger sister. "I can't believe my little sister is finally getting married."

"Yeah," Sweetie said and looked at herself in the mirror that showed the dress off nicely. "It looks beautiful, I know you were a little disappointed that you didn't get to design one for Scootaloo too."

"Well, its her choice really, and I think she looks rather dashing in that tuxedo," Rarity said with a light chuckle as she finished putting everything together. "I'm so happy for you and Scootaloo, you make such a cute couple. I'm, really glad you found love finally."

"Yeah, me too," Sweetie said with a smile as she looked at herself and ran a brush through her mane gently. "Do you think me and Scootaloo have been going too fast? I mean, we've known each other for years but it feels like we just started being together."

"Sweetie, you two have the strongest love that I've ever seen between two ponies," Rarity said with a smile as she gave her sister a light hug. "I think you're both ready for this, and I couldn't be happier for the two of you. And given that the war is over, maybe its time I start looking for somepony of my own."

"Just as long as its not Prince Blueblood, that guy is a plothead," Sweetie said and Rarity laughed a little.

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere near Blueblood," Rarity said with a chuckle as she looked at her little sister for a long moment. "I'll have to give it a lot of thought, but I'm sure that I'll find somepony."

"Too bad Applejack is taken," Sweetie said with a chuckle and Rarity blushed a little.

"That's none of your business, lets get going, you don't want to keep Scootaloo waiting do you?" Rarity said with a smile and ushered Sweetie out.

00000

The music started to play as Rarity lead Sweetie Belle down the aisle towards the altar where Scootaloo was standing with Luna behind her. Sweetie smiled a little as she saw Scootaloo who was dressed in a tuxedo with an orange bow tie and gave her a smile.

"You look beautiful," Scootaloo whispered to her as she moved in front of Luna.

"You too," Sweetie said softly and looked back at Luna as she started to speak.

"In Equestria, one of the greatest joys we have is when we see two ponies coming together in holy matrimony," Luna said as she looked between the two mares with a smile. "I'm happy that today I get to bring two ponies that I was able to see grow up and come together get married. In the peace that we've since gained, there are many moments of love and joy to be found. If there is anypony who thinks these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace."

There was a silence over the room. Scootaloo looked out at the crowd and smiled a little when she saw her adopted mother Rainbow in one of the seats and gave her a smile which she returned.

"Now, I believe that both of you have written your own vows," Luna said with a nod as she looked at Scootaloo. "Scootaloo, if you want to go first."

Scootaloo nodded and looked at Sweetie. "Sweetie Belle, you were the first friend I ever really had when I was just a filly outside of other orphans. I had just moved to town from yet another orphanage and I didn't think I was going to last in Ponyville. And then I met you, you were kind, friendly, loving, and you were there when I needed you. It was because I met you that we met Apple Bloom, you gave me a chance to be a good pony and we had a lot of adventures together. Now, we're going to face the ultimate adventure together, as a family."

She took out a ring and gently fit it over Sweetie's horn and gave her a smile. "With this I do wed."

Sweetie looked at Scootaloo and smiled. "Scootaloo, when I met you you were, brash, impulsive, and you liked to get into trouble. But I could see that you were a good pony, and I still see that in your heart. I've come to love you because of your good heart and I'm glad that I got to know you and get into a relationship with you. You're the most wonderful pony I've ever known and now we have a chance at facing the future together. I love you so much and I couldn't imagine another day without you. Now we face the future together."

She took out a special ring that fit over Scootaloo's wing. "With this I do wed."

"With the power invested in me as a Princess of Equestria, I now pronounce you both married," Luna said with a smile and gave them both a nod. "You may kiss the bride."

Scootaloo smiled and kissed Sweetie deeply. She knew that everything was changing in Equestria, but she was just happy that she'd get to spend the rest of her life with Sweetie Belle.

Whatever the future held for them, they were going to face it together.

Comments ( 9 )

Awwwww... So sweet and nice to see a universe where things didn't go all to Hell, but I admit, I'm crying a bit now because I know what this universe is in the main Survivor's Guilt for Scootaloo.

Great story!!!

Awesome job! I haven't been able to find that many ScootaBelle stories so this is a soecial one to me. I'm currently working on a ScootaBelle fanfic myself.

Zebras must have broke peace traety nad bombed equstria

8768779 Nah, this is actually an alternate universe where the war ended peacefully... though, uh, well, there may have been an apocalypse a few hundred years later.

A little simple but sweet story ❤️

Awww, you did a wonderful job on this story!

Login or register to comment