• Published 13th Jun 2017
  • 4,238 Views, 156 Comments

Letters from an Evil Empress - zackepic22



Letters written by a certain evil empress, who you thought only existed in Nightmares

  • ...
4
 156
 4,238

PreviousChapters Next
Bonus: Hey, Dad

Dear Sunny Afternoon

...Ah, to hell with it, only Nightmare and I could get to his grave anyway.

Hey, Dad.

Yeah, I know to most ponies, this would be weird, writing to your dead father like this, but- I think you could still appreciate this, even after you’ve passed on.

Things have definitely become a lot different since Luna and I were just fillies. We go by different names, but, I don’t think I’d want to confuse you. Even though we’re much different than we used to be, we’re still your daughters. Still your Lulu and Tia.

I know it was never easy to have Alicorn daughters, especially since mom was only there until Luna was born. I’m not sure I can really blame her, though. One Alicorn daughter was tough enough to raise already, she probably wasn’t prepared for a second one. I’m only really mad at her because you had to take on her responsibilities. Even with me helping you, I know it took a lot out of you.

But, you didn’t care. You didn’t care that life wouldn’t be easy, just because you had two alicorn daughters, even though you and mom had originally wanted a unicorn daughter and a pegasus daughter. You loved us, regardless of what we were, and happily accepted any burden that was brought upon you.

That’s why you punched that stallion who called us blasphemies, why you defended us from any insults the townsfolk threw at us. And, why you ultimately sacrifced yourself when some of the nobles of that era decided we were threats to their power.

You did everything for us, play with us, cook with us, work with us, and ultimately, made it so we could have a future.

I couldn’t be more proud to have had a father like you. Starswirl was wise, but, he could never really replace you in our hearts.

...Though, I wonder if you would really be proud of me.

I- I failed her, Dad. All those years ago, I failed her, even if she was returned to me. She wanted love and attention, but, I forgot her. And, after I sealed her away…

The Fires. The Fires of freedom, impulse, and never letting anyone force me to do anything I didn’t want to do ever do again broke out, and, they changed me. Even after all this time, I’m not sure I’ll ever be as completely wise as I could have been, if I hadn’t succumbed to the flames…

Maybe someday, I’ll truly find out who I’m supposed to be. But, for now, all I can say...Is that I’m sorry.

And, that I love you. And, Lulu loves you too.

Missing you deeply,

Tia

Yes, I was writing that letter to him, sis.

...I’m not sure. And, even if he can’t read it, I think it was still something I needed to get off my chest.

Thanks. Lets walk down together, I’m sure Dad would like to see both of us.

Author's Note:

Expect the Gruff Reply letter sometime tomorrow, after I've done the Bridle Gossip chapter.

PreviousChapters Next