• Published 8th Jul 2017
  • 4,459 Views, 663 Comments

Yugioh EQG: Shadow Gates - Banshee531



The Celestic Cup Finals have arrived. Who will take the crown and what mysterious ploys are being plotted in the shadows? Only time will tell.

  • ...
3
 663
 4,459

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 25, Duel in the Wild West

It was the day of the Celestic Cup semifinals.

We find Flash in his room at his house. He was sitting at his desk going through his deck and trying to make changes that would better.

However, when he came to a particular card he froze.

"Chaos Command Dragon," he said as he held the card. This was the one card that could help him win the whole tournament, but not if he couldn't control it. Fear spread through his body as he remembered what Cold had told him and how he need to form a true bond with the card.

<Flashback>

"You are the only one who can create a link to the Duel Monster Spirit World. Only you can communicate with the cards like that. Like it or not, this is your destiny and no one else can fill in."

<Flashforward>

Unless Flash could repair the damage he'd done, there was no way he could use this card. The only problem was that Flash had no clue how he was suppose to repair the bond. He had been trying again and again to send himself to the Duel Monster Spirit World, but nothing he did would work.

"Come on," Flash said as he closed his eyes and imagined the ruins he'd been to before, but when he opened his eyes he was still in his room. "Damn it!"

"Hey Flash."

The teen turned to his door as it opened and Scootaloo stepped in.

"We'd better get going," she said, "you can't be late."

Flash just sighed and began to pack his deck away.

"You okay?" Scootaloo asked in concern.

"Just a little frustrated," Flash said as he put all but one card in his Duel Disk, "I know I need this card, but I'm scared of what might happen if I can't properly bond with it."

"You'll figure it out," Scootaloo said, "you just need to be patient."

"But you saw what I did," She said, "what if I lose control again? I could hurt someone."

"Well being scared of what might happen isn't going to fix the problem," Scootaloo said, "you just need to face the problem and hope it turns out alright."

Flash sighed, knowing his sister was right. Stealing his courage, Flash placed the Xyz card in his Duel Disk and got up off his chair. "Thanks squirt," he said as he ruffled his sisters hair. With that the two made their way out the room and then out the apartment.


In the dark laboratory, Shadow stepped into the room and looked up at his father and kneeled.

"Father," he said, "the procedure on Dazzle is underway."

"Very good," Sombra replied without turning away from the monitor, "because of her lose, we were unable to awaken the cards as planned. We must now find a way to gather the Ener-D required."

"I will try my best father," Shadow said, "but the three remaining Duels may not be enough."

"I know that," Sombra said, "that is why we must find more ways to generate it."

As if on cue, five of the six other cloaked figures stepped into the room.

"You five will continue to Duel and generate as much Ener-D to compensate for Adagio's failure."

"Yes your majesty," the each said with a bow.

"And Shadow," the teen looked up, "to make sure there are no more delays, I've created a little something for you."

Suddenly the floor section just infront of Shadow opened and from out of it came two new cards. Taking them in his hand, Shadow stared at the cards in amazement.

"These are-"

"I designed them specifically to take down you next two opponents," Sombra replied, "no matter who you face, they will not be able to stop this card."

"Thank you father," Shadow said as he stood up and pocketed the cards, "I will not fail you." With that he turned and headed out, ready to take on the one he was to duel.

"Be sure that you don't," Sombra told him.


The Freeze Stadium was abuzz with excitement as the audience all took their seats.

Twilight, Spike and the rest of their friends were all seated and waiting for the matches to begin. The only ones not there were Flash and Applejack, as they had been called into the players waiting area since they were Duelling first.

"This is gonna be a tough Duel," Spike said, "Flash and Applejack are two of the best Duellists we know. Them going up against each other is gonna be intense."

"I just hope Flash doesn't summon that big scary monster," Applebloom said in worry as she looked down at the field.

"Don't worry," Scootaloo said, "my brother's not gonna try and summon it unless he's sure he can control it."

"There's a difference between thinking you can control something and actually controlling it," Twilight said, also in worry.

"We'll just have to wait and see," Rarity said.


Up in the main box, the VIPs had all taken their seats.

"I can't wait to see Flash Duel again," Thorax said.

"I hope he isn't as overboard as he was yesterday," Chrysalis said.

"I'm sure that was just a one time thing," Cadance said.

"I'm not so sure," Sunset said.

"We'll just have to wait and see," Shining said.

"Yes," Cold said, "we will."


The stage lit up as the Celestial Sisters stepped out onto it.

Both: Hello Canterlot!

Celestia: Are you all ready for the amazing Duels that are about to take place?

Luna: Our thirty six Duellists have now been whittled down to four. Today we'll be watching them compete for the titles of Block Champion.

Celestia: Let's welcome our first two Duellists onto the stage. In this corner, the Duelling Cowgirl, Applejack!

Applejack stepped out onto the field as she waved at the audience.

Luna: And her opponent, the Pendulum Duellist, Flash Sentry!

Flash also stepped out onto the field, a nervous look on his face as he headed towards the centre.

Flash and Applejack arrived in the centre, where the ref was waiting.

"Ya'h ready Flash?" Applejack asked as she attached her Duel Disk.

"Yeah," Flash said as he did the same, though he didn't sound it

The ref flipped his coin and it the result had Applejack taking the first move. With that done the two stepped back to a good distance.

Celestia: Now it's time to see which Action Field they'll be Duelling on today.

he held up her remote and pressed the button, causing the floor beneath the two to glow as it generated the Action Field.

"AUGMENTED REALITY COMBAT SYSTEM ENERGISED."

In the blink of an eye Flash and Applejack found themselves in a scene from an old western. It was a dusty desert with a street made of wooden buildings, like salons and other american frontier stuff.

Luna: Wildest West!

"Woowee!" Applejack said as she looked around, "now this is ma'h kinda field."

"It's okay," Flash said.

Celestia: Let's get this Duel underway. In three!

Luna: TWO!"

Both: ONE!

"DUEL!"

Flash: 4000
Applejack: 4000

"ACTION CARDS DISPERSED!"

"It's ma'h turn," Applejack said as she reached for her Deck, "A'h draw and A'll start by setting the Pendulum Scale, with scale two Blooming Daisy and scale five Iris Maiden." She slapped the cards on her Duel Disk as it lit up, before columns of light appeared on either side of her. Two monster flew up into the columns, one Flash recognised and the other was a woman in white floral clothing. Once they were up they began to form the portal above Applejack's head. "A'H PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and two beams of light shot out, striking the ground and taking shape.

"Red Apple Golem!" (A1300/D1500/L4)

"Apple Knight!" (A300/D300/L3)

"Red Apple Golem's skill," Applejack said as her deck shuffled and slotted out a card, "Green Apple Golem is added to the hand. Next A'll use Iris Maiden's Pendulum Ability," Applejack said as her monster unleashed a load of pollen which flew towards Apple Knight. "Until the end phase, Apple Knight's Level goes up by one." (A300/D300/L4)

Celestia: A strong opening from Applejack. She's perfecting her stratagy to take Flash out.

"And now," Applejack said as her monsters glowed, "with these two monsters A'h build the Overlay Network." The monsters shot into the air and then flew into the black hole as it appeared below her. He who watches over all growth, lend us ya'h protection." The black hole burst in an explosion of light, "A'H XYZ SUMMON!"

The light faded, revealing Applejack's monster. "Orchard Defender!" (A1400/D2600/R4)

"A'h place one card face down and end ma'h turn."

"Then it's my turn," Flash said, "I draw." He looked at his cards and saw he had Estella and Exitium, two cards that could help him summon Chaos Command. "No," he said shaking his head, "I can't." He took the two cards and placed them on the Duel Disk, which lit up as the columns formed. "I'm setting the Pendulum Scale with scale three Magna Caster Exitium and scale eight Magna Caster Estella. Cut through space time and carve the arc of victory," he chanted as the portal began to form. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and a single light shot out and struck the ground. "Lock and load, Magna Fighter Crossbolt!" (A1400/D1400/L4)

"Next I'll summon Magna Mechanic Kuda," Flash said as his spanner wielding monster appeared next to Crossbolt. (A1400/D700/L3/P2) "Now I'll tune Level three Magna Mechanic Kuda and Level four Magna Fighter Crossbolt." Kuda glowed and changed into three balls of light that flew up and then carved three circles of light, which Crossbolt leapt into. "With skills born through work and dedication, raise your sword for battle," the monsters disappeared in a burst of light. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

"The light faded revealing Flash's monster. "Magna Champion Assault Striker!" (A2500/D2100/L7)

"Nice move," Applejack said, "but it can't stop ma'h Defender."

"Did ya forget about Assault Striker's ability?" Flash asked as he held up a card and Applejack saw it was Vail Pixie. "I discard one monster from my hand, which lets me destroy a monster on your field." Assault Strike unleashed the beam of light, which struck Orchard Defender and destroyed it.

"Since Apple Knight was attached to Orchard Defender when you destroyed it," Applejack said, "it was also sent to the graveyard so its effect activates." The two Pip Tokens appeared on he field, both in ATK mode. (A0/D0/L1)X2

"Well I'm attacking your Pip Token," Flash said as his monster charged forward and unsheaved one of its blades.

Applejack ran over to a nearby cactus and plucked an Action Card off it.

"A'h activate the Action Spell Evasion," she said. As Assault Striker slashed at the token, it suddenly bounced out the way and saved it.

"Well don't forget Assault Striker gets two attacks when it uses its ability," The Synchro Monster unsheaved its other blade to slash the token with.

Applejack rushed over to a nearby barrel and grabbed an Action Card off it.

"A'll use the Action Spell Miracle, to save ma'h monster and half the damage."

Assault Striker slashed at the token again, but a force field appeared around it and protected the monster.

Flash: 4000
Applejack: 2750

"I end my turn," Flash said.

Luna: Flash might have summoned a more powerful monster and taken the lead, but Applejack isn't making it easy for him

"It's ma'h turn," Applejack said, "a'h draw and then I'll summon Seedling Sprite in ATK mode." In a flash of light, the fairy appeared on the field. (A800/D800/L2/P6) "Next A'll play Ultra Growth," she said as her tokens dug into the ground and a pair of watering cans appeared and poured their contents onto the ground. Seconds later two flowers shot out of the ground, and as their bulbs opened two new monsters appeared.

"Apple Paladin!" (A1200/D600/L3/P8)

"Garden Knight!" (A1300/D900/L3/P3)

"Next a'll use Iris Maiden's Pendulum Ability to increase Seedling Sprite's Level by one," Applejack continued as her monster unleashed the pollen, which flew around the Pendulum Monster. (A800/D800/L3/P6)

Flash frown, knowing what was coming next.

"And now a'll Overlay Apple Paladin, Garden Knight and Seedling Sprite," Applejack said as her monsters glowed before flying into the air and then into the black hole which opened up. "As the seasons bring fourth new growth, it can also bring fourth a new power," the black hole exploded in a burst of light. "A'H XYZ SUMMON!"

The light faded revealing AJ's Xyz monster. "Orchard Cowboy!" (A2100/D600/R3)

"Next a'll equip him with Turbo Revolver," Applejack said as the giant shot gun appeared in her monster's hand. (A3100/D600/R3)

"Now attack!" Applejack said as her monster aimed its giant blaster at Assault Striker, before firing a powerful energy blast. The blast struck the Synchro Monster, causing an explosion which sent Flash flying back.

Flash: 3400
Applejack: 2750

"A'h end ma'h turn."


"Flash and Applejack are making this a close Duel," Spike said.

"You ain't seen nothing yet," Applebloom said, "ma'h sister's just getting started."

"So's my brother," Scootaloo said.

"Let's see what Flash does," Twilight said.


"It's my turn," Flash said, "I draw and play Pot of Greed." He drew his two cards and looked at them, before a plan formed in his head. "I'll start my summoning Volt Edge Dragon to the field," he said as his monster appeared in a bolt of lightning. (A1500/D1200/L4/P5) "Next I'll activate the Spell card Reverse Polarity, which will swap our monsters ATK points."

"Not if A'h use ma'h Cowboy's ability," Applejack said. One of the Overlay Unit flew into Orchard Cowboy's pistol, which he then fired at the Spell card, destroying. "Sorry Flash."

"Don't be," Flash said, "you did exactly what I wanted you to."

"Say what?"

"Now you can't use Cowboy's ability again this turn," Flash said, "so I'm free to use my Pendulum Shift Spell. Now I can change Exitium's Pendulum Scale to one, so I can now Pendulum Summon Kuda back to the field."

The portal formed, opened and unleashed a beam of light which struck the ground and took form. (A1400/D700/L3/P2)

Celestia: Sneaky.

Luna: I like it.

"Now I'll use Estella's Pendulum Ability to increase Kuda's Level to four," Flash said as his Pendulum Monster unleashed the stardust which spiralled around the Tuner. (A1400/D700/L4/P2)

Applejack gulped as she knew what was coming next.

"Now I'll use Volt Edge Dragon and Kuda to build the Overlay Network," Flash said as his monsters glowed before flying into the air and into the black hole, which opened at Flash's feet. "Destiny is the thing that binds us together, now new bonds will be formed and grant unbridled power." The black hole exploded, releasing Flash's monster. "I XYZ SUMMON!"

The light faded revealing Flash's monster. "Destiny Bound Dragon!" (A2400/D2100/R4)

"I'll use Destiny Bound Dragon's ability," Flash said, "when I declare an attack on a monster whose ATK is higher then its original ATK, I can remove an Overlay Unit to increase his power by the same amount." Destiny Bound Dragon bite down on one of its Overlay Units, as the crystal spikes began to glow. (A3400/D2100/R4) "Fate Rider Missiles!" Flash ordered as his monster unleashed the projectiles, which flew into the air and then down towards Orchard Cowboy.

Applejack looked around for an Action Card, but nothing was in sight and the missiles struck her monster.

Flash: 3400
Applejack: 2450

"I end my turn," Flash said.

"Then it's ma'h turn," Applejack said, "a'h draw and once again a'h Pendulum Summon!" The portal above her formed and then opened, unleashing three beams of light which hit the ground.

"Apple Paladin!" (A1200/D600/L3/P8)

"Garden Knight!" (A1300/D900/L3/P3)

"Green Apple Golem!" (A1400/D600/L4)

"With Apple Golem's ability," Applejack said, "a'h can now add Yellow Apple Golem to ma'h had, which a'll then summon in ATK mode. (A1200/D1200/L4)

Flash didn't like the look of this.

"Next a'll activate the card a've just drawn," Applejack said, "Rank-Up-Magic Growth Force!"

"Aw nuts," Flash said seeing that card.

"Ya'h know what it does," Applejack said, "with it a'h can revive my Orchard Cowboy and then use him to rebuild the Overlay Network." and just like that, Orchard Cowboy appeared in a flash of light before transforming into a stream of light which flew up and into a black hole as it opened. "Power of nature, bursting with life. Unleash your true strength upon the world." she chanted as the black hole exploded. "CHAOS XYZ EVOLUTION!"

The light faded, revealing Applejack's evolved monster. "Orchard Sheriff!" (A2800/D2300/R4)

"Now I'll use Orchard Sheriff's ability," Applejack said as her monsters only Overlay Unit his pistol. "Not only does it negate ya'h monsters ability, but it also increases mine by it's ATK points (A5200/D2300/R4)

"Oh boy," Flash said.

"Attack!" Applejack said as her monster aimed its weapon at Destiny Bound.

Flash looked around and saw an Action Card in a horse trough, which he ran towards as the Chaos Xyz monster fired.

Seconds before the bullet hit, Flash plucked out the card and placed it in his Duel Disk. "I play Bandit's Hideout," Flash said, "this card lets me negate your attack in exchange for banishing my monster until my next turn."

A portal opened up above Destiny Bound, which he was sucked up into and causing the bullet to miss.

"That's fine," Applejack said, "a'h still got four more monsters to attack with. "Green Apple Golem." Her most flew at Flash and struck his with his sword, sending him flying back.

Flash: 2000
Applejack: 2450

"Now Garden Knight," Applejack said as her second monster swung its shovel at Flash as he was getting up.

Flash: 700
Applejack: 2450

As Flash landed on his back, he saw something laying on the ground next to him.

"Apple Paladin, finish this." Her monster flew forward, its sword at the ready, and swung it at Flash. But in that second, something pounced on the knight and pushed it back and away from Flash. As the dust settled, Applejack saw it was Flash's Magna Wolf, which was standing between its master and her monster. (A1200/D1100/L3) "What the?"

"Surprise," Flash said, "it's the Action Spell Western Ambush. It lets me look at the top card of my deck and if it was a monster, I could summon it. Plus that monsters indestructible for the turn."

"Lucky move," Applejack said, "a'h end ma'h turn."

"Then I'll go," Flash said, "I draw." As Destiny Bound reappeared on his field, Flash looked at his card and saw he'd drawn Flash Heart. "Even if I summon Flash Heart," he said to himself, "I can't beat Applejack's army of monsters. How do I do this? There has to be a way, but how?"

"Come on Flash," Applejack said, "what's the hold up?"

Flash wasn't sure how to answer that. He knew there was a way to beat her, but...he couldn't risk it.

"Enough of the stalling," Applejack said, "do something."

"I want to...but-"

"But what?" Applejack asked, "ya'h scared?"

Flash didn't reply, making Applejack realise something. "You are scared."

"Of course I am," Flash said, "you saw what I did in my last Duel. What if it happens again?"

"Then ya'h friends will be there to help ya'h," Applejack said, "ya'll never be able to Duel at your best if ya'h scared."

Flash sure if he could believe her, but in that second.

"Come on Flash!"

He looked up at the stands and saw Scootaloo calling out to him.

"Don't be scared," she said, "we're here with you."

"Scootaloo," Flash said.

"We all are," Twilight called, "you can do it."

"Twilight," Flash said.

"Show us how to really Duel," Rainbow yelled.

"You can do it Flash," Rarity called out.

"GO FLASH!" Spike, Applebloom and Sweetie all screamed.

"Everyone," Flash said with a smile.

"Ya'h see," Applejack said, "ya'h don't have to do this alone. We've got your back, so stop being scared and do it."

Flash smiled at this, before nodding. "No more doubt," he said, "time to act!"

In that second his Extra Deck shot open and a card slotted out.

"What the?" Flash asked as he took the card out and saw it was Chaos Command Dragon, which was glowing. Suddenly the glow exploded off the card and Flash was forced to shut his eyes.

When Flash opened them again, he found he wasn't in the Duel Stadium anymore. He was in the ruins.

"I'm back," he said only to feel a presence behind him. Looking around his eyes went wide as he looked up at Chaos Command Dragon, which was staring down at Flash.

A cold shiver went down his spine as the giant monster glared at him. "Hi," he said nervously.

"So what do we have here."

Flash looked around and saw...himself leaning against one of the ruin walls.

"Let me guess," Flash said, "your the spirit of hatred Cold told me about?"

"Correct," the spirit replied, "so...come to try and beg for the dragon's forgiveness? Or do you want to try and force it to do as you say?"

Flash looked back up at the Xyz monster, who was still staring at him, before sighing and turning away. "No," he said, "I'm not doing either of those."

This got the spirit's attention.

"I don't deserve Chaos Command Dragon's power," he said, "I awoke him out of anger and tried to make him do as I say. I don't deserve to be forgiven." He looked around at the Xyz monster. "I don't expect you to forgive me, so I'm not going to ask for it. But I am going to tell you that I'm sorry." Tears threatened to leak out. "I'm sorry I tried to force you to do as I wanted, I'm sorry I forced you to wake up when you didn't want to." Flash looked away. "I'm...I'm sorry."

There was nothing but silence for several long second, until the spirit broke the silence.

"Flash, that's all he wanted to hear."

Flash turned back around and saw Chaos Command Dragon reaching out one of its metal claws.

"You mean?"

"He wants to help you," Spirit said, "he knew you were a good person. He just needed to hear those two words."

Flash smiled, before holding out his hand at grasping one of the dragons claws. In that second a powerful burst of light appeared, causing Flash to look away. As he did he saw the spirit smiling at him, before fading into nothing as Flash closed his eyes.


When Flash opened his eyes again he realised he was back in the stadium and as he looked down, he saw Chaos Command Dragon's card had more colour to it, unlike the faded colour it had been before.

"Ya'h okay there Flash?" Applejack asked.

Flash just smiled as he turned towards her. "I'm more then okay," he said, "I'm about to win this Duel?"

Applejack raised an eyebrow at this.

"Here we go," Flash said, "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal formed and then opened, allowing a beam of light to shot out a strike the ground. "Shine your light of victory, Flash Heart Dragon!"


"You think he's gonna do it?" Sweetie asked.

"You think he can do it?" Spike asked.

"Let's hope," Twilight said though she sounded worried, "come on Flash."


"Now," Flash said, "I activate Magna Caster Exitium's Pendulum Ability." His monster raised his staff and waved it, unleashing an unusual energy which radiated around Destiny Bound Dragon. "Now I can change Destiny Bound Dragon's Rank into a Level," Flash explained as his dragon's glow died down. (A2400/D2100/L4)

Flash then turned to look at his other Pendulum Monster. "Next I'll activate Magna Caster Estella's Pendulum Ability, to increase Destiny Bound Dragon's Level by three." The wizard waved her wand and unleashed the stardust, which spiralled around Destiny Bound and caused it to glow. (A2400/D2100/L7)

"Here it comes," Applejack said.

"I Overlay Flash Heart Dragon and Destiny Bound Dragon to build the Overlay Network!" His two monsters transformed into streams of light, shot up to the sky and into the clouds as black hole formed within them. "Light and darkness, hope and despair, creation and destruction," Flash chanted and the black hole grew bigger, "two sides of the same coin. But when they're all brought together, they create...ABSOLUTE CHAOS!"

When Flash placed the card onto his Duel Disk, no black sparks appeared. Just a beautiful light.

The black hole exploded with light, releasing the monster that was inside. "I XYZ SUMMON!"

Finally the light faded and the clouds disappeared, revealing Flash's monster. "CHAOS COMMAND DRAGON!"(A3000/D2500/R7/P4)

The audience was silent as they waited to see whether or not this would turn out like his last Duel.

"Flash," Applejack asked as she looked over at the silent teen, "ya'h good?"

Flash remained silent, making Applejack and the others worry, but when he opened his eyes and she saw they were still the normal blue colour she smiled.

"Yeah AJ," he said, "I'm good."

Everyone smiled seeing he was still himself. Cold even let a smirk break seeing this. He'd done it.

Applejack nodded. "Then lets end this Duel!"

"Let!" Flash said, "I activate Chaos Command's ability. Since he was Xyz Summoned using an Xyz monster, I can send every monster on your side of the field to the bottom of the deck."

Applejack watched as Chaos Command raised its giant staff, which fired out a beam of light into the sky. The sky suddenly seemed to break, creating a tear in the space time continuem which unleashed a sucking force.

That force caused something to fly by Applejack, making her eyes go wide as she reached out and grabbed it. "A'h activate the Action Spell Armoured Poncho," she said, "a'h select a monster on my field and for the rest of the turn, it can't leave the field by Spell, Trap, Monster Effect or battle." A metal poncho appeared on Orchard Sheriff weighing it down while the rest of Applejack's monster were sucked into the vortex.

"Well don't forget Magna Wolf's ability," Flash said, "he gains three hundred ATK points for each monster sent there." (A2400/D1100/L3)

Applejack just smiled. "Don't be so sure you've got me beat," she said, "a'h activate ma'h face down." He card flipped up to reveal a Trap. "Lasso Tasso," she said, "this card prevents your monster from attacking and causes it to lose five hundred ATK points."

A rope appeared in Sheriff's hand, which it threw at Chaos Command and tied it up. (A2500/D2500/R7/P4)

"Sorry Flash," Applejack said, "looks like ya'h ace in the hole came up short." But when she looked over at Flash, she saw he had rushed over to a nearby saloon.

There he grabbed an Action Card from between the door and placed it into his Duel Disk. "I activate Slight of Hand," he said. "This Action Spell lets me move an Equipped Spell onto another monster.

"Wait what?" Applejack asked.

Chaos Command threw off the lasso, which then wrapped around Orchard Sheriff. (A3000/D2500/R7/P4), (A2300/D2300/R4)

"Oh boy," Applejack said.

Flash just smiled. "I'm removing one Overlay Unit from Chaos Command Dragon," he said as one of the lights flew into the dragon's staff, "to allow him to attack once for every monster sent to the bottom of your deck." The gears on its staff began spinning, as they generated a bolt of lightning which flew at Orchard Sheriff and struck him while shocking Applejack.

Flash: 700
Applejack: 1750

The Xyz monster was safe thanks to Armoured Poncho, but it still had three more attacks coming its way.

"Time for attack number two," Flash said as a second bolt flew out and struck Sheriff and Applejack

Flash: 700
Applejack: 1050

"Attack three."

Flash: 700
Applejack: 350

"And one more time!" Flash yelled as the final bolt flew out and struck the Xyz monster, zapping Applejack along the way.

Flash: 700 (Winner)
Applejack: 0

Celestia: We have a winner! Flash Sentry will be moving onto the final round.

Luna: Applejack fought well, but was out done this time.

As the Action Field dispersed, Flash moved over to where Applejack had fallen and offered a hand.

Applejack smiled while taking the hand, being help up by him. "Great match Sentry," she said.

"Thanks AJ," Flash replied, "and thanks for the talking down."

"Just being honest," Applejack replied, "it's what I do."

Flash nodded and with that the two turned and returned to their ways out.


"That was awesome!" Spike said.

"It sure was," Scootaloo said, "Flash used that monster perfectly."

"Maybe," Rarity said, "but let's not forget what's coming next."

Everyone realised what she meant. They'd been so focused on this Duel, that they'd forgotten it ending meant Twilight would now have to Duel Shadow."

"It's okay," Twilight said as she stood up, "I've got this."

"I hope you're right," Spike said, "be careful."

Twilight nodded, before turning and walking down the stairs.


Shadow meanwhile stared up at the screen, which showed Flash's face.

"So we'll finally get to face off against each other," he said, "after I deal with your little friend." He went into his pocket and pulled out the two cards his father had given him. "And with these, she won't stand a chance." With that he repocketed them and spun around with a flourish of his cloak, before heading into the corridor on his way down to his waiting area.

The Celestic Cup finals draw closer and closer, but in the end who while stand above all the others. Only time would tell.

Author's Note:

Well now Flash has formed a true bond with his monster.

Now Twilight must face off against Shadow. How will that turn out, stay tuned to find out.

PreviousChapters Next