• Published 8th Jul 2017
  • 4,429 Views, 663 Comments

Yugioh EQG: Shadow Gates - Banshee531



The Celestic Cup Finals have arrived. Who will take the crown and what mysterious ploys are being plotted in the shadows? Only time will tell.

  • ...
3
 663
 4,429

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 21, Keeping Your Cool

Flash's head was pounding as he slowly felt himself begin to regain consciousness.

Slowly his eyes began to open, as voices rang through his ears.

"A'h think he's coming round."

The light burned Flash's eyes and they flickered open, before blurred images blocked it out. Finally his vision came into focus, as he saw it was his friends standing around him.

Twilight, Spike, Scootaloo, Grand, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie, Sweetie and Applebloom were crowding him, all looking down at him in worry.

"Flash," Twilight said, far to loud for his liking.

"Not so loud," he said as he held him hand up to his head, "my head feels like its been substituting for an anvil."

"Sorry," Twilight said, "how are you feeling...aside from the anvil thing."

"Okay I guess," he replied as he sat up, "where am I?"

"The medical bay," Grand explained, "after your little outburst you collapsed and the medical team brought you here."

"Outburst?"

"Against Garble and his flunkies," Spike explained.

"Don't you remember?" Rainbow said, "you went crazy and summoned this super powerful Xyz Monster. It one hit KO'd the three."

He had?

"Don't you remember?" Sweetie asked.

"I just remember getting really angry," he replied, "and wanting to beat Garble and his friends. But I don't remember summoning some super strong monster."

"Really?" Twilight asked looking worried.

"Where's my deck?" He asked, "I wanna see this monster."

Scootaloo moved over to where his Duel Disk lay and opened his Extra Deck, cycling through it before pulling out a card. She moved back over to him and held the card out, which Flash took.

Flash looked the card over. "Chaos...Command...Dragon?" Suddenly his head flashed with pain, causing him to reach up and clutch it. Then images played through his head.

<Flashback>

"Flash Heart!" He called out, "Destiny Bound! Get out here!"

A gust of wind caused him to look around and see his two dragons standing near the statue.

"Show me the last statue!" He ordered, "I'm not losing to a bunch of cheaters. So take my to the monster that's suppose to go with the Xyz card."

The two dragon's glanced at each other, obviously not sure about this.

"NOW!" Flash yelled.

-----

"So this is it," he said as he began to float up to the dragon's head and placed his hand on its head.

-----

"You're nothing without me, so you will listen to ME!" He punched the statue one more time, more powerful then ever, and the force of the punch caused the stone to crack. "That's right," he said seeing them, "now WAKE...UP!"

With that more cracks began to appear and enlarge, spreading around its body before shattering and unleashed a powerful ray of light.

-----

"I XYZ SUMMON!"

Finally the light faded and the clouds disappeared, revealing Flash's new monster. It was the same creature Flash had seen as a statue, which was about twenty meters tall and now had bronze armour with streaks of red and purple here and there. It had a pair of robotic crescent moon shaped wings and carried a large staff with the gears on the top moving. Its feet were both crossed, looking like it was in a meditation stance. "DESCEND, CHAOS COMMAND DRAGON!" (A3000/D2500/R7/P4)

-----

"Chaos Command Dragon...ATTACK!"

And with that the Xyz Monster unleashed three powerful bolts of lightning, which flew at the three and struck them. Their screams of pain could be heard from miles away, as each of them was scorched alive. Finally the attacks ceased and the three, now smoking, fell to the floor.

Flash: 100 (Winner)
Garble: 0
Fume: 0
Clump: 0

<Flashforward>

"FLASH!" He heard Twilight scream as she reached out and grabbed him.

"I remember," he said, "I forced the monster to awaken and hurt Garble and his friends." He looked up at his friends, "how are they?"

His friends all shared nervous glances, making Flash begin to feel nervous about what he'd done to them. "What happened?"

Twilight sighed and turned to Flash. "They've been sent to hospital, where they're being treated for minor and major burns."

Flash's eyes went wide. How'd he manage to cause them actual pain?

"No one blames you Flash," Grand said, "Cold's technicians have gone with the assumption that it was a fault with the ARC System."

"But it wasn't," Flash said as he sat back, "I wanted to beat them, but not like this."

"You can't let this get to you Flash," Scootaloo said, "those bullies had it coming."

"Yeah," Rainbow said, "there were a thousand people in those stands who saw what happened. We heard a few of them talking and they all said they'd call it self defence."

"Except it wasn't," Flash said, "they gave up but I wouldn't listen. I just cared about getting pay back."

"Flash," Twilight spoke up, "what you did back there, please tell me it won't happen again. Watching you like that, it was horrible."

Flash turned to Twilight and saw the pain in her eyes. Seeing it made him want to pull her into a hug and promise her it wouldn't happen again, but he wasn't sure he could make that promise.

"I don't know," Flash said. He held up the new Xyz Card, his vision locked on Chaos Command Dragon, and wondered whether what had happened was because of the card, or was it him. "I just don't know."

Everyone frowned hearing this, scared for their friend.

"Wait," Flash said as he turned towards Twilight, "what about the rest of the tournament? What happened to your match."

"The tournaments on brake," Applejack said, "they're double checking the safety systems while everyone else is gettin lunch."

"The B Block should be starting soon," Rarity explained.

"Then you guys should all get back," Flash told them.

"You sure you don't want some company?" Fluttershy asked.

"Thanks," Flash said, "but Twilight's gonna need all the support she can get if she end up facing Shadow or Adagio. And if it's all the same, I'd like some time alone."

Everyone nodded hearing this and all began heading out. Twilight was the last on to leave, giving Flash and unsure look as she did.

"Go," he told her, "I'll be fine."

Twilight sighed and nodded, leaving.

Once she was gone however, Flash flopped back. "I hope."


Meanwhile Shadow and Adagio were in on of the corridors of the stadium.

At their feet sat the dish Adagio and her sisters use to use to contact their master.

"Father," Shadow said, "did you detect the Ener-D surge during Sentry's Duel?"

"I did," Sombra replied through the dish, "I was watching the whole Duel and saw what he did."

"That monster worries me," Adagio said, "something like that might be to much for us."

"Do not fear," Sombra replied, "the monster is powerful yes, but it is also useless if the boy cannot control it."

"Is that what happened?" Shadow asked.

"From what I saw I believe the monster took control of him," Sombra replied, "my best guess is that the boy attempted to force the monster to do his bidding, instead of forming a partnership like with his other cards. As a consequence the monster fought back and took control of him."

"So that means he'll never risk summoning it again," Adagio said, "not if he fears losing control again."

"Possibly," Sombra said, "but if he can somehow form a connection with the card then its possible it will not try and control him. You must defeat him before that can be done."

"To do that we'll need to make it to the finals," Shadow said.

"Do not disappoint me," he said.

"Yes your majesty," the two replied as the dish cut off and shrank back down.

Shadow picked it up and stored it within his cloak, before turning to Adagio. "You heard him," he said, "we can't fail him."

Adagio just smiled. "You make it sound like there's a chance of us losing. Nothing will stop me and Dark Siren."

"Not even the Sparkle girl?" Shadow asked.

Adagio froze hearing that voice. "I've watched her Duel style and I know I'm ready for anything she throws at me." With that she walked down the corridor and out of Shadow's sight.


Flash was laying in the medical bay, multiple thoughts racing through his head.

He'd been so glad when he'd summoned Destiny Bound and he'd been so eager to summon the other one, but now he wasn't so sure if he should even keep it in his deck. What if he tried summoning it again and lost control. He didn't want to hurt anyone, especially if it was one of his friends.

His thought was broken when the door of the medical bay opened and somebody stepped in.

"If you don't mind," he said without looking, "I'd like some alone time."

"Then you'll need to reschedule."

Flash instantly sat up and saw Cold Steel standing at the foot of his bed.

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a glare.

Instead of replying, Cold walked over to the chair where his jacket sat and picked it up before throwing it at him. "Get up and follow me."

Flash caught the jacket and looked at him confused, but did as he was told. Despite his apparent passing out, he didn't seem at all tired so walking wasn't an issue.

Once he was up and had his jacket on, Cold turned and walked out the door, Flash following behind him.

They walked through the corridors in silence, Flash not daring to say a word, until they reached an area he recognised as the corridor Shining had brought them last night. But instead of going to the door they'd passed through yesterday, Cold walked up to the metal door at the very end of the corridor.

He typed the code into the machine and instantly the doors automatically opened, showing the inside to actually be an elevator.

The two stepped inside and as soon as the doors closed, the elevator began moving downwards. After five whole minutes of descending, the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened.

Flash stepped out and as soon as he did he realised they were in a giant ARC System room, almost as big as the one upstairs.

"Get out your deck," Cold said as he stepped forwards and pulled out his Duel Disk.

"Wait," Flash said, "you wanna Duel me?"

"We need to find out whether that little episode was a one time thing," Cold said, "to see whether I can still trust you with what's is to come."

Flash frowned hearing this. Sure he wanted to know if what happened before could repeat, but what did he mean about still trusting him. "Let's find out," he said as he pulled out his Duel Disk and attached it to his arm.

"Computer!" Cold called out, before the robotic voice replied.

"ONLINE!"

"Activate ARC System file two, nine, six, eight," he said.

Suddenly the floor beneath them began to glow, as it generated the Action Field.

"AUGMENTED REALITY COMBAT SYSTEM ENERGISED."

In the blink of an eye the two were standing in a frozen waste land, surrounded by giant pillars of ice as below zero winds blew.

Flash felt himself begin to shake as the bitter cold began to bite into him. "Couldn't you have picked a warmer field?"

"Enough whining," Cold said, "let's do what we came here to do." He attached his Duel Disk to his arm, which created the white energy blade. "If you can get through this Duel without losing control again, I won't pull you from this competition."

Flash glared at him as he activated his own Duel Disk. "Let's do this."

"DUEL!"

Flash: 4000
Cold: 4000

"ACTION CARDS DISPERSED!"

"I'll take the first move," Flash said as he went to his deck, "I draw." He looked at his hand and frowned at how lacklustre it was, with the only summonable monster being Estella and she wasn't much of a fighter. "No choice," he said, "I set the Pendulum Scale with scale eight Magna Caster Estella and scale four Flash Heart Dragon." The columns of light appeared on either side of him as the two monsters flew up into them. They then fired beams of light from their eyes and wand, which struck the spot above Flash and formed the portal. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and a single light shot out, striking the ground and taking form. "Flare up, Blazing Light Dragon!" (A2600/D1900/L7)

"Guess he didn't get any other cards," Cold said knowing Flash wouldn't use Flash Heart like that if he did.

"I place two cards face down and end my turn," Flash said.

"Then it's my turn," Cold said as he went to his deck, "I draw and first I'll play the Spell card Freezing Wind." A powerful gust of cold wind blew through the field.

"JEEZ!" Flash almost screamed as he wrapped his arms around himself, "how do you stand this?"

"Being cold is a matter of perspective," he said, "now for my Spell's effects. Until the end phase you can't activate any face down cards on your field."

Flash frowned before looking down at his cards. So must for relying on them.

"Now I'll set the Pendulum Scale, with scale three Frozen Heart Magician and scale nine Frozen Heart Angel." The columns of light appeared on either side of him and the two monster flew up and into them, before firing the beams which opened the portal. "Cut through space time and carve the arc of victory," Cold said, "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and a single light shot out and struck the ground, before taking form. "Frozen Heart Golem!" (A2800/D1800/L7)

"Dang it," Flash said seeing the monster.

"Attack!" Cold said before his ice giant charged forward and slammed Blazing Light Dragon, covering the monster in ice which shattered into millions of pieces.

Flash: 3800
Cold: 4000

The force of the explosion caused Flash to be pushed back, sliding along the icy ground.

"I end my turn with a face down," Cold said. "Come on Sentry, get it together."

As Flash managed to stand up on the slippery ground, he looked up at Cold and glared. "I'll show you," he said, "It's my turn, I draw." He looked at the card he'd gotten and smirked, before looking up at his ace. "Let's do this. I summon Multi Tool Magna Droid." The spherical robot appeared on the field. (A500/D1000/L2/P6) "Now I'll activate Estella's Pendulum Ability," he said as his Pendulum Monster waved her wand and unleashed an amount of stardust. It spiralled around Magna Droid, who began to glow. "With this I can reduce Magna Droid's Level to one," he explained as the glow around his monster died down. (A500/D1000/L1/P6)

"What's the point in all this?" Cold asked.

"The point," Flash said, "is that Magna Droid can tune itself with a monster in my Pendulum Zone. So now I'll be tuning him with Flash Heart Dragon," he said as Flash Heart flew out of the light column. Magna Droid transformed into a ball of light which carved a ring around Flash Heart. "Awaken the power sleeping within us all and allow your light to shine brighter then ever." Flash Heart was consumed by an explosion of light. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light faded, revealing the evolved version of Flash's ace. "Flash Dragon Accel!" (A3000/D2500/L8)

Cold remained stoic seeing the admirably impressive move.

"Alright Accel," Flash said, "attack Frozen Heart Golem!" His dragon flew high and released its four cannons, which began to charge up. "Supreme Energy Blast!" They fired and shot four combined energy blasts at Cold's monster, destroying it.

Cold was sent sliding back on the ice, but kept upright and didn't even look like he'd lost his balance.

Flash: 3800
Cold: 3800

"Now for Accel's skill," Flash said as his monster glowed, "I tribute him to summon Flash Heart Dragon from the Extra Deck." The light faded and Flash's weaker monster was shown in its evolved form's place. "Attack!" Flash Heart's thrusters ignited, propelling it forward.

"I activate my Trap," Cold said as his face down flipped up, "Damage Diet. Now I can half the damage I'm about to take." A force field appeared around Cold, which Flash Heart struck with its fist.

Flash: 3800
Cold: 2550

Flash frowned. That move usually won him the Duel or at least dealt his opponent massive amounts of damage.

"Frustrating isn't it?" Flash looked up at Cold, seeing him glaring at Flash with a knowing look. "I've seen you use that move multiple times to either win or give yourself a major lead, but with one card I was able to all but negate it. I'm sure that must make you feel annoyed."

Flash didn't reply, instead he just ended his turn.

"Not very talkative right now I see," Cold said as he reached for his deck, "just proves I'm right."

"Just get on with your turn," Flash said forcibly.

Cold frowned. "I draw," he did so and looked at what he'd got before nodding. "With my Pendulum Scale, I'll now cut through space time and carve the arc of victory." The portal began to open above his head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and a single light shot out, which struck the ground and took form. "Frozen Heart Enchantress." (A800/D1600/L4) "I activate Frozen Heart Enchantress's ability," Cold said, "since it was Special Summoned I can take a Frozen Heart monster in my graveyard and add it to my hand." He did so, taking out Frozen Heart Golem and adding it to his hand. "Next I'll summon Frozen Heart Statue Söder," the downward arrow ice sculpture appeared on the field, floating next to Enchantress. (A900/D700/L3)

Flash frowned seeing the Tuner monster, knowing what was coming next.

"Now," Cold said, "I tune level three Frozen Heart Statue Söder with level four Frozen Heart Enchantress!" the Tuner Monster transformed into three lights, which spun around to create a trio of circles that the other monster jumped in. "Now watch as two mighty pieces of ice merge into a new strength," the two monsters disappeared in an explosion of light revealing a new monster. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON."

The light faded, revealing Cold's monster. "Frozen Heart Lord of the Javelin." (A2500/D2200/L7)

The Synchro and Pendulum monster stared each other down.

"Now what?" Flash asked, "both our monsters have the same ATK points." However when he looked over at Cold, he saw the man running along the frozen ground. "Hey," the teen called out as he tried to follow, but only slipped on the icy ground and fell on his behind.

Meanwhile Cold was running through the field of ice, before leaping up onto an ice boulder and grabbing an Action Card. "I activate the Action Spell Frostbite, which will weaken your monster's ATK points by one thousand.

As Flash tried to pick himself up, he looked up and saw large flakes of ice appearing on Flash Heart's body. (A1500/D2000/L7/P4)

"Attack!" Cold ordered as his Synchro Monster leapt up and threw its spear at Flash Heart.

"I activate my Trap," Flash said as his face down flipped up, "Reflection Guard! My life points may take a hit, but my monster remains safe."

The spear struck the Pendulum Monster, but instead of being destroyed it shattered like a mirror with the real on being behind it.

Flash: 2800
Cold: 2550

"I end my turn," Cold said.

"It's my turn," Flash said as he went to his deck, "I draw and summon Aura Spear Dragon to the field in ATK mode." In a flash of light the silver dragon appeared, before flying up and standing on Flash Heart's shoulder. (A2000/D100/L4) "Next I'll activate my face down," Flash said, "Reverse Polarity. Now I can increase Aura Spear's ATK to match your Lord of the Javelin's, while weakening it by the same amount." (A2500/D100/L4), (A2000/D2200/L7) "Attack!" The dragon brought its hands together and a ball of spiritual energy formed, before expanding into a javelin shape which it threw at the Synchro Monster.

Cold leapt off the ice boulder and landed on the ground, before sliding along it and grabbing another Action Card off ground. "I activate the Action Spell Evasion to allow my monster dodge the attack."

Lord of the Javelin raised its own spear and used it to block the attack.

Flash almost growled. "When Aura Spear attacks, he then switches to DEF mode. Now I'll have Flash Heart Dragon attack your monster." Flash Heart Dragon's thrusters ignited and propelled it forwards, before it sucker punched the Synchro Monster and destroyed it.

Flash: 2800
Cold: 2050

"I end my turn," Flash said.

"Then I'll go," Cold said, "I draw." He looked at his cards and nodded. "Once again my Pendulum Scale with carve the arc of victory," he said as the portal formed above his head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and a streak of light shot out and hit the ground. "Frozen Heart Golem." (A2800/D1800/L7) "Next I play the Spell card Stop Defence, to switch your Aura Spear Dragon into ATK mode."

Flash turned to see his monster standing up, which did not look good.

"Now I'll attack with Frozen Heart Golem," Cold said as his monster charged forward.

Flash looked around, trying to find an Action Card. Then he saw one, several meters away. He tried to run over to them, but the icy ground made it almost impossible to do so. He then had an idea and instead kneeled down before kicking off a nearby rock, causing him slide along the ground towards the card.

Just as Golem got in range of Aura Spear, Flash reached the card and grabbed it. Picking it up he looked at his, only for his face to fall as he saw it was an Action Trap called Freeze Burn.

"To bad," Cold said, "that Action Trap deals you three hundred points of damage."

Flash felt his fingers sting as the card exploded into icy particles.

Flash: 2500
Cold: 2050

Frozen Heart Golem then punched Aura Spear, freezing it before it exploded. The force sending Flash flying back, before slamming into an ice boulder.

Flash: 1700
Cold: 2050

"I end my turn," Cold said as he looked down at where Flash was laying. "This must be annoying, constantly having all your moves and attempts to stop me fail you?"

"What's your points?" Flash asked as he tried to pick himself up, only to once again slip on the ice and fall.

"My point is that it must be frustrating," Cold said, "I bet the annoyance and anger is raising. It won't be long now until you'll boil over and explode."

"If your trying to get me angry-"

"That's exactly what I'm trying to do," Cold said, "we need to see just how much power you have when you're angry. Who knows what you could do."

"We already know what I can do," Flash said, "besides I thought this was about making sure I don't lose control again?"

"It is," Cold said, "if you can get angry and not lose control then we'll know just how powerful you are."

"Well forget it," Flash replied, "I refuse to let it happen again. I saw how horrified my friends were when I woke up, how much damage I caused to Garble and the others. It's a miracle they're still alive. I won't let myself do that again."

"We'll see," Cold said, "it's your turn."

"Then I'll go," Flash said, "I draw and activate the Spell card Starburst Reload. With this I can remove a monster from my graveyard, then draw cards equal to its Level." Flash removed Blazing Light Dragon, before drawing six cards. "Perfect," he said, "I'm setting Magna Fighter Lucidum into the Pendulum Zone." The column to his right reappeared as the monster flew up into it, until it was floating next to Estella. "Now with these two monsters, I can cut through space time an carve the arc of victory." The portal began to form. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and two beams of light shot out, hitting the ground and taking shape.

"On guard, Magna Fighter Gladio!" (A2100/D2200/L6/P4)

"Surfs up, Magna Fighter Light Boarder!" (A1300/D1100/L3/P3)

"Those won't help you," Cold said.

"Don't be so sure," Flash said, "since Lucidum is in the Pendulum Zone, all my Pendulum Monsters gain five hundred ATK points." (A3000/D2500/L7/P4), (A2600/D2200/L6/P4), (A1800/D1100/L3/P3) "Attack!" Flash ordered as his dragon flew up and at the giant.

Cold once again began running along the frozen ground, before leaping up and grabbing an Action Card of a nearby icicle. "I activate the Action Spell Soul Convergence," he said. "With this I can tribute a monster on my field and summon monsters from my deck, whose combined Levels equal its Level." Frozen Heart Golem shattered into a million pieces, causing Flash Heart's attack to miss, before those pieces reconfigured into three forms.

"I summon Måne of the Frozen Moon." (A0/D0/L10/P1)

"Sol of the Frozen Sun." (A0/D0/L1/P10)

"And Frozen Heart Demon." (A1900/D2100/L5/P2)

Flash frowned seeing this, but he wouldn't be stopped by this. "Flash Heart attack Sol," he said as his dragon spun around and struck the Pendulum Monster destroying. "Now Light Boarder attack Måne and Gladio attack Demon," he said as his two monster flew forward and destroyed Cold's other monsters. "I end my turn with two face downs."

Cold remained stoic despite his field being bare.

"See," Flash said, "I told you. I don't need to be angry to Duel great, so if the whole point of this Duel is to see whether you can get me angry let's just stop it right now."

"Oh we're not stopping," Cold said as he went to his deck and drew his card, "in fact we're just getting started." The portal began to form above his head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and a single light shot out and took form.

Flash glared as he saw a very familiar monster appeared before him.

"Frozen Heart Dragon!" (A3000/D2500/L8/P5)

The gigantic ice dragon looked down at Flash and his monster, giving him a glance that sent a cold shiver down his spin.

"We'll see just how well you can keep your cool now," Cold said.

Author's Note:

So now Cold's seeing if Flash can use his power without losing control, but the Question is. Can he?

PreviousChapters Next