• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 3,085 Views, 60 Comments

My Yellow Diary - 3Orifice



A joke gone horribly wrong. False accusations left and right within the majority. Three broken victims left in the aftermath.

  • ...
6
 60
 3,085

My Yellow Diary: Closure

My Yellow Diary: Closure

A/N: This is one of multiple endings that will be written, set from the third person narrative and taking place straight after Pinkie Pie has finished writing the letter. This one in particular is considered to be the closest thing to a "good" ending. However, once again, I made sure to leave some parts open to interpretation for the sake of keeping it interesting and you readers guessing. I'm predicting, though, that not many questions will come out of it. But hey, that's just me. You might think otherwise.

On another note, it's up to you to find out what the "deconstruction" element is. So shoot away!


Pinkie Pie slowly set the notebook down on the grass beside Rainbow Dash's note, looking down on both with fond eyes. They had been positioned so that anyone that would come across the lake wouldn't have to shift either of them in order to read it properly. The moonlight that covered the area would make both of the mementos visible as they would have been in the daytime. It was at the very least one thing she could take solace in. She was tempted to say that reuniting with her friend was another, but that would be saying too much. After all, she would never know Rainbow Dash's forgiveness unless she spoke the words herself. This was the only way to know.

She took a few steps back from the items, turning to face the pond itself. It was as if she had just stepped on scene once again. The water was still, with the occasional wind causing ripples to form on the surface. In the midst of night, the light shining down on it made the sight all the more beautiful to behold. But for the mare that stood in front of it, it was a mask that hid the grisly truth that lay within its depths. That, however, was something that she was prepared to get over in just a few minutes.

She closed her eyes, taking in deep breaths in order to mentally prepare herself. She had heard a saying somewhere that drowning wasn't painful. The real reason why most regarded it as the worst way to die was because of the fear itself. The combination of being unable to breathe and continuously sinking was not a pleasant experience, even in theory. But she couldn't let that stop her. After all, it was just fear coming into play, wasn't it? What she was about to do was a good thing. Not only would she get the chance to apologize, but she would also rid Ponyville of the one that had taken so many lives. Everyone would be happy to see her gone for the time being. It was a win-win situation.

She smiled. "Here I come, Dashie..." She walked towards the pond's edge, her knee pinching a little as she lowered her head to see her reflection in the pond. Her mane was straight and long in contrast to its usual curly and puffy appearance. Her cerulean blue eyes had lost their light, leaving behind the same blankness she had seen within the eyes that she had stared into moments ago. But there was an expression on that face heartwarming enough to welcome her and erase whatever doubt she could've had. There was nothing to be afraid of here.

Then it clicked.

Her knee had pinched.

Her pupils shrank, her breath caught in her throat, and every muscle within her body nearly froze up within that very second. With as much speed as she could muster, she whirled around in order to face the danger that her Pinkie Sense had picked up. But she was far too late. All she could see was the underside of a shovel before a sharp pain dominated her head and a resonating clang shot through her ears. Against her will and without any clue as to what had happened, she succumbed to the darkness.


Unconsciousness is nothing but a void. Once you are swallowed and sent to the depths of its belly, you lose yourself and everything serves as your make-up. Thoughts sink down to the bottom and back of your mind. The feeling of your heartbeat inside of your chest is nonexistent. All motor functions shut down and not even the wind can be felt blowing on your skin. You can only guess whether you are on the ground, in the air, or under the water. It is the closest one can come to death without actually dying.

With such a justification, it was no surprise to hear that when Pinkie stirred, she was a little more than disoriented and confused. Slowly, she opened her eyes to a half-lid and raised her head a little as soon as she could feel the first of her nerves reawaken. Through her hazy vision, she could only see everything as a swirl of colors. There was a greyish-white mass directly in front of her vision and a brown mass on the opposite end of where she was. To her left, she could feel the faint touch of heat, her ears barely picking up the sound of embers crackling. As more and more of her consciousness surfaced, she slowly placed her hooves on her face and let out a soft moan.

"Up already? Guess ah shouldn't be surprised, considerin' it's you we're talkin' about."

Like a bullet out of a gun, all haziness was shot out of her mind the moment she heard that voice. She sat up, her head swinging to face the one who had addressed her. The figure was standing right beside the fireplace that she had heard, with green eyes meeting her cerulean. There was a fire poker held in one of its front hooves, the tip pointed towards the ceiling like a spear. Even in the room where the only source of light was the burning blaze, Pinkie could see the locks of a blonde mane.

"Applejack...?" She asked quietly, her quiet voice still expressing considerable surprise. "Did you-"

"Eeyup." Appleack was quick to cut her off, taking a few steps back and allowing her visage to be seen. Her ponytail had been undone, leaving behind long and unrestrained locks of her mane to hang down over her shoulders. She carried a neutral attitude in her tone as she spoke, turning herself towards the fireplace and poking at the logs with the rod. "Had to drag ya back here, dry ya off, and make sure you didn't catch a cold. Ya looked like you were sittin' at the pond for quite some time, after all."

Pinkie remained silent for a moment, allowing her vision to explore the setting that she was in. Now that her haziness had faded away, she could see that the mass of brown was actually the wood of the four walls that made up what she presumed to be Applejack's room. The mass of white was a sheet that covered her hind legs. As she reached to slide hooves through her mane, she realized that it was no longer wet as it had used to be. However, it was still long and perfectly straight.

"How did you know where I was?"

The question earned her a snort. "How could ah not? You were screamin' so loud, ah think even the timber wolves were runnin' fer cover."

It was starting to unnerve Pinkie at how casual Applejack was sounding when addressing the situation If she actually heard the crying, then she must've known how distraught the pink pony was. If she had stopped the suicide, then why wasn't she scolding her for even thinking of performing the act in the first place? She was sure that it was what anyone else would've done in that given situation. She was also sure that another immediate option would've been to show concern and worry. None of those options seemed to be taken into account. All the Southern mare seemed to be interested in was poking at those logs in order to keep the fire going.

Then she thought about it. Applejack, ever since the mob attack, had disappeared from the radar of her and her friends. Out of all six of them, she was the only one who had not visited Rainbow Dash when she was hospitalized. According to Rarity, attempts to visit Applejack at her farm ended up in failure, as the rest of the Apple family had claimed they hadn't known where she was. It was only now, right after their rainbow-maned friend ended her life, that she had shown up to anyone. The more she thought about it, the more it seemed all too coincidental.

"Then... you know about what happened...?"

Everything stopped within its tracks.

When Pinkie's hooves rested on the floor, silence reigned supreme. The only thing that broke it was the fireplace's continuous crackling and popping. With each and every second that passed, Pinkie could feel the sets of her teeth press together and grind against each other. Her eyes narrowed, and she took a grim satisfaction in watching Applejack freeze under the death glare. However, it did nothing to soothe the fury that was building up inside of her.

"You knew, didn't you?" As she started to approach Applejack, she was rewarded with the mare turning herself around to face her and backing away. "You knew that Rainbow Dash would do it. I don't know how you did, but you knew. You stood back and let her do it, didn't you? And then you stopped me, just before I could go and apologize to her! I wanted to do something right for once, Applejack! You just had to take it away from us!"

"Pinkie-"

Anything Applejack was going to say as a means of defense was cut off when Pinkie lunged forward, colliding their skulls together in a headbutt that rattled her vision. With a grunt, she was toppled over and slammed onto her back. The force was enough to make her lose the grip she had on the fire poker, and it flew out of her hooves. With that one move, she had been stripped of an effective means to defend herself. So she had one more reason to become fearful when she gazed upon the snarl that had graced the once docile mare's face.

There would be no quarter given here.

Pinkie Pie lunged, pinning down her helpless quarry before it could even begin to recover from the brutal blow. Her hooves shot forward, capturing and pressing against the apple farmer's throat in a vice grip. A strangled yell escaped Applejack's lips, and she struggled against her oppressor frantically. But due to Pinkie's weight and positioning, she couldn't find enough room to kick her off. All she could do was grasp the hooves wrapped around her windpipe and vainly pull at them. Pinkie simply would not let go, genuinely putting forth all her effort in killing her.

"Why did you do it, Applejack?" She screamed, unable to stop the tears from spilling down her face. "Wouldn't you have want me gone, too? Wouldn't you have been happier? I killed all of those ponies, too! If I died, everypony wouldn't have to deal with me anymore! They wouldn't have had to deal with a murderer!" She lowered herself downward and continued to press down even harder, and Applejack's struggling became all the more frantic. "I hate you, Applejack! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!"

Every single word tore at Applejack's heart, and the pain was far greater than the pain coursing through her neck and chest. At that point in time, she would've said and done anything just to calm the mare down. But she knew that even though she had saved Pinkie from ending herself, the psychological damage had already been done. Even if she had the ability to speak, nothing could be said to erase what had transpired. Even as she slowly began to lose consciousness, she was beginning to wonder if saving Pinkie Pie had been the right thing to do. But it was just too late for a solution, and the only thing she could do was to sit back and watch herself die.

It was at that point when Applejack's mind was slowly starting to fade away that an image of Rainbow Dash flashed through her head. Her eyes snapped themselves back open, and that was when she realized one thing.

Death was no longer an option here.

Not anymore.

So she gritted her teeth, summoned her willpower, and took a hoof to Pinkie's face.

In her rage, Pinkie had not seen it coming. The force of the blow that crashed into her jaw sent her straight off of Applejack, allowing the farmer pony to greedily gasp at the air. The pink pony, however, was left to stumble and roll across the floor like a tumbleweed until she lost all momentum. Upon stopping, she was on her hooves in an instant, a growl escaping her as she glared daggers into the equally sharp gaze of the recovered Applejack. Once their eyes met, both of the mares stood stock still. Once again, a deafening silence swept over the room, and not even the crackling of the flames could break it this time. Its light, however, was like a wall separating the two within the shadows.

Then, Pinkie attacked.

Time slowed down as she pushed her legs forward in a death-charge, throwing her head forward for yet another headbutt. In response, Applejack did the same. The space between them was wide enough for their acceleration to give them enough power for a painful hit once they connected with each other. But the glares they were regarding each other with promised nothing more than certain death. It was a matter of who won this twisted game of joust that would decide whose desires would come out on top.

Their skulls smashed together.

But this time, Pinkie was the one to falter.

Applejack's natural durability, thanks to years of applebucking, overtook Pinkie's by a long shot. So despite them moving at the same rate, the strike delivered to her was much harder. She nearly lost control of her motor functions again, staggering back in a helpless retreat. She shut her eyes, shaking her head violently in an attempt to get it together. However, all that did was make the splitting agony worse than it was. She tried to regain control, stiffening her legs in an attempt to keep herself from collapsing. But despite stopping herself from falling back, it felt as if she was still teetering on the edge. All she could do was open her eyes and swing her head back up to anticipate Applejack's advance.

What she received was two hooves smashing into her jaw, courtesy of a good old-fashioned buck.

Her vision exploded in stars, and for a brief moment, she was sent back to the void. She flew back to meet the opposite wall in a less-than-graceful crash, sliding down to the bed underneath her. A moan escaped her lips, and she wearily rolled on her stomach in an attempt to regain herself. But once she heard the hooves climbing onto the bed and felt the presence of her opponent's looming figure, she knew that her efforts were futile. So she placed her hooves on her face and started sobbing quietly, the motivation to move from her position lost.

"...why... why did you take it away from me...? Why..."

For a moment, Applejack didn't allow herself to speak, allowing silence to dominate once more. She continued to glare at the back of Pinkie's head, the teeth inside of her closed mouth clenching together. Although she found a dark pleasure in watching the bane of her existence squirm underneath her, she just couldn't find it in her to smile. No amount of agony inflicted would bring her true satisfaction. Even if Applejack allowed herself to kill Pinkie Pie, no reward would come of it. All it would've done was leave yet another life lost and hanging in the balance.

"That's somethin' ah asked mahself, too." Her words came to Pinkie's ears in the form of a low, cold, and furious tone. She lowered herself to the point of her stomach pressing itself against the other mare's back, ignoring the reacting flinch. She moved her head so that her mouth would be next to Pinkie's ear, continuing to say the condemning piece. "Y'all ruined me and mah family with yer lil' stunt. Right now, they're being herded off to Canterlot fer trial, and ahm not even sure whether or not they'll come back. Thanks to the both o' ya, the days of our apple farmin' business are numbered." She practically spat out the word. "So why didn't ah just let you drown yourself like ah should've? It would've been better for everypony if you just died, right?"

"Y...yes..."

"Well, Pinkie...that just ain't the case."

"Wha-?"

Pinkie's teary eyes shot open as she heard that accusatory and furious voice regress to a bitter and unhappy one. She slowly turned her gaze towards the apple farmer as she felt the weight slide off of her back, watching in shaken confusion as Applejack lay down right beside her. Her blonde bangs were now overshadowing her face, effectively hiding her expression. All of the defiance and fury she had presented moments before had vanished, almost as if those emotions had never surfaced in the first place.

"Ah... ah want to think ya deserve it..." She said quietly. "But ah can't. Ah can be as angry as ah want, but ah can never bring mahself to actually wish a fate so horrible as death on another pony. The only way ah would ever do that was if ah hated ya, and...ah don't have in me to hate anypony."

"But-!" For a moment, Pinkie Pie found the emotional strength to raise her head up and protest against the merciful statement. "I do deserve-!"

"No, ya don't!" But Applejack was quick to shoot it down, silencing her pleas with a glare and a sharp tone. She let out a small whimper and lower her head back to where it was, listening to the farmer as she continued to scold her. "The only way y'all could've deserved anything was if ya done it on purpose! Ah know fer a fact that outta the six o' us, you and Fluttershy are the ones that would never jump up at the chance to hurt even a fly! So stop tryin' ta put blame on yerself, sugarcube! All it's doin' is makin' ya look even more miserable than ya should be!"

Silence. Now it was Pinkie's turn to avert her face away from Applejack, her mind needing temporary isolation in order for the statements to run through her mind. Once again, Fluttershy and Rarity's words surfaced from her memory, reprimanding her for her self-deprecation. Had it been anyone else, it would have been easy to dismiss such encouraging words. But these were her friends, the ones that she always put her absolute trust in. If they said that she wasn't a monster, then surely they had to be right.

Of course, that left something out.

"But what about Rainbow Dash...?" She asked quietly, finally raising her head up so that she could meet the gaze of Applejack. "She killed herself because I couldn't help her, wasn't it? You were arguing with her, and both of you looked so upset, and after what happened with all those angry ponies that were attacking us, I tried to help her when she woke up in the hospital, but it didn't work and she-!"

The voice that was raising its volume was abruptly silenced by an orange hoof.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, simmer down, Sally!" Applejack's tone as well as her face expressed nothing but surprise. "You mean ta tell me that Rainbow Dash actually woke up? She actually came outta her coma?" A wistful look replaced the surprise when she saw Pinkie nod, and she lowered her hoof away to let the mare keep speaking.

"She woke up when it was my last time to visit her. We were talking, and I was telling her about what the doctor said to us..." Although initially bright upon the memory of their conversation's start, her voice became increasingly gloomy as more of the memory revealed itself to her. She could feel the tears threatening to well up within her eyes again, and she had to blink several times to keep them at bay. "She... she was acting like I was joking... but when I didn't say anything, she started begging me to tell her that it was a joke. She looked so frantic and so scared... and when she started crying...I..."

It was here that she couldn't hold it in anymore, slapping hooves on her tightly shut eyes. "It was horrible...!" She said hoarsely, shaking her head back and forth in a repetitive motion. The pain in her voice was clear. "I was hugging her and I was crying too, but she wouldn't stop! I couldn't help her at all, Applejack! If only I actually said something, she would've never..." But she couldn't finish her sentence, breaking down and sobbing silently once more.

It was even more painful for Applejack to watch, and it almost made her want to start shedding tears herself. Of course, she always regarded Pinkie to be the "little kid" of the group due to her innocence and naivety. But she was also a grown mare, and she was quick to show it when the time needed it, even if it was in the form of occasionally outlandish behavior. This same mare was carrying on like a filly once a bully was finished with them, or after they had fallen and seriously hurt themselves. It made the situation feel all the more depressing.

But it was also where Applejack could put her "big sister" instinct to good use.

"Pinkie..." She cooed gently, moving over to wrap a foreleg around Pinkie's neck and shoulders. Her touch made the mare flinch once again, but did not receive any negative movement beyond that. "Ya did the best ya could. Every single one of us would've done the same, had we been in yer hooves. Even then, we couldn't say fer sure whether that would've been enough. Ya can't blame yerself fer that, sugarcube..."

"Then why...?" Under the soothing touch, Pinkie seemed to calm down a little with just enough composure to speak again. She lowered her hooves back down, allowing herself to lean into Applejack's embrace. "Why did she do it?"

"It's..." Applejack had to pause for a moment, breathing in a heavy sigh and closing her eyes for a moment. "There was somthin' long beforehoof that happened before all o' this mess. Rainbow Dash told me not to tell anypony else about it under any circumstance... but, now that ya asked..."

"Wha-"

Pinkie cut herself off when she felt Applejack slide her foreleg off and part away, shivering slightly at the loss of body warmth. She watched in silent curiosity as the farmer slid off of the bed and go prone when her hooves reached the floor. In turn, Pinkie turned herself around so that she could see what Applejack was doing. "Applejack?" She questioned hesitantly, her heart rate racing just a little bit faster when she saw those orange hooves reach under the bed to pull something out. When they were retracted, what she saw was a cylindrical straw basket with its lid closed.

"When ah woke up sometime durin' the night, this was lying right beside mah bed." Applejack said softly, her eyes wavering as she spoke. "Ah was a heavy sleeper, so ah never noticed any sign of it until I woke up on mah own." She lifted it gingerly in her forehooves, placing it in front of the confused Pinkie. "Go on, open it up."

Slowly, Pinkie extended a hoof forward to place on the edge of the basket. Because of the tone Applejack was taking, it was becoming increasingly nerve-wracking for her to even consider doing it. She might as well have been given permission to open Pandora's box, with the very risk of unleashing its evil on herself. But at this point in time, she knew she had no other choice. If she retreated now, she would never learn the truth. So she took in a breath to force the fear back down, gripped the lip of the basket tightly, and slowly pulled it open to reveal what was inside.

Within the innards of the basket, clumps of hair strands were piled on top of each other. Due to the darkness, anyone could have mistaken them for hay. But once Pinkie looked closely, she could see the colors of red, vermillion, gold, green, blue, and violet that made up their visage. Within the pile, she could make out the carbon steel of a kitchen knife. Naturally, a confused and pensive look crossed her face as she took the sight into her mind. "This...this is Rainbow Dash's mane!" She exclaimed. "But how... why would she-"

"Do ya know what the rainbow stands for, Pinkie?" Applejack interrupted.

"...good cheer for everypony?"

The helplessly clueless response earned Pinkie a few chuckles. "Nice to see there's still some o' the ol' Pinkie Pie in there..."

Applejack was quick to exchange her joking tone for a serious one, a smile replacing the frown as quickly as the frown had come. "But there's another meanin' I'm referrin' to. See, the rainbow's a thing that's usually associated with fillyfoolin'. Y'know, when a mare's attracted to another mare?"

"...was Rainbow Dash into that kind of stuff?" A different kind of hesitation was in Pinkie's tone as she asked the question. She wasn't one to judge others for their tastes, and she certainly didn't want to sound as if she was coming off that way. Fortunately, Applejack was quick to get the hint and simply shook her head.

"No, she wasn't. But..." She paused to draw in and exhale a deep breath before continuing – a move which made Pinkie all the more nervous. "Ever since she was a little filly, she's been havin' to live with bein' called one. From what she was tellin' me, just about everypony she knew personally believed it, no matter how much she denied 'em. More than once, a few of 'em even tried to get her hitched up with other mares just to continue the joke. At first, she found it funny... but after repeats of it..."

"It started to hurt..." Pinkie finished in a downtrodden but understanding manner.

Slowly, Applejack lowered her head, her bangs falling over her eyes. The memory that had flashed through her mind courtesy of her own words had shot a bullet through her composure, her tone starting to lose its controlled edge "Ah can't help but think..." She whispered bitterly, her shoulders shaking a little. "If... If ah hadn't said anything... if ah had just kept myself from shoutin' too much at her... m-maybe," Her shoulders shook even more, and it was clear that she was struggling not to shed tears. "Maybe she would still be here... maybe she wouldn't have took a knife to her own mane like she did... I just-"

Finally, she could hold back no more. A choked sob escaped her, and she had to press a foreleg to her face due to tears finally leaking out.

"Why did it have t' come to this, Pinkie...?"

All the pink mare could do was remain silent as her friend mirrored her previous actions. It was just like what had happened in the hospital. A once-strong and resilient mare had shed tears like a filly, courtesy of a tragedy that had befallen them. There was no reversal and no certainty if things would return to the way they had been. There was nothing that could be said or done to undo the damage. But this time, there was a crucial difference.

This time, she knew what she had to do.

Slowly, she got off of the bed so that she could sit herself beside Applejack. No longer did she feel the overwhelming depression on her shoulders, as the words spoken between them gave her a bit of relief from that burden. It wasn't much, and it certainly wasn't enough to make her instantly happy. But it was enough for her to find the strength to comfort someone else. Slowly, she wrapped her forelegs around the shuddering mare and gently pulled her into an embrace.

"Sssh..." She cooed, closing her eyes and waiting until the surprised Applejack relaxed a little. One of her hooves idly caressed blonde locks in a soothing manner. It mirrored what her own grandmother used to do for her back when she was younger and whenever she was greatly upset about something. Even as she spoke, she couldn't help but feel a bit of nostalgia. "Don't talk like that, Applejack. If you hadn't stopped me, you probably would've lost another friend. Rainbow Dash may be gone now... and we'll certainly miss her. But we still have each other, right? It could've always been worse..."

"...yeah..." After a moment of silence, Applejack breathed in a heavy sigh. "It could've always been worse..."

And so, silence fell amongst them once again. The only movement made afterwards was Pinkie resting her back against the bedside, keeping Applejack in her hold. Neither of them pulled away from each other, basking in the heat of the fireplace and the quiet that had overtaken the room. This time, the stillness was not something of tension, but rather one of resolution. There was no use crying over what had been lost. All they could hope to do was recover themselves.

Pinkie was the first to break that silence in order to restart their conversation. "...Applejack?"

"Yeah, sugarcube?"

"...when I said I hated you... I didn't mean it."

"I know."

"Do you think Rainbow Dash... really is in a better place?"

"Ah hope so, sugarcube. I hope so..."

Another silence. Then...

"...we look like a couple of fillyfoolers ourselves cuddling like this, don't we?"

The joke seemed to have cut through the emotional fog immediately.

Applejack's lips pursed together tightly, and she lowered her head in a desperate attempt to stifle her snickers. But it just wasn't working, and her stifles were threatening to erupt into full-blown laughter. She instinctively buried her face into Pinkie's chest, and the reverberations of her body was causing the pink mare to struggle holding in her own laughter.

"Gosh darnit, Pinkie!" Applejack stammered, shaking her head from side to side as best as she could. "Only you would just go and kill the mood like that!"

With a shaking and squirming smile, Pinkie gave the farmer her best bedroom eyes. "Well, that would depend, Miss Applejack..." She said in a somewhat theatrical and faux sultry tone. "Would you like to ride this bull?"

That was enough to break the dam. Both mares started laughing loudly and heartily, uncaring if they were heard from outside of the home. Applejack had taken to simply collapsing on Pinkie in her hysterics, and Pinkie herself had a hoof slapped to her face due to tears falling from her eyes. It was most likely a bad joke at best. But they were simply taking pleasure in being able to laugh with mirth and not bitterness. For the first time in that night, happiness could be felt without consequence. They knew that there would still be grief to deal with when the moment was over with, when everyone else gained knowledge of the tragedy. But it didn't matter. That situation would be dealt with as it was approached.

For now, they would just sit down and laugh beside the fireplace.

Comments ( 22 )

There's so many... contradicting views here. I love the chapter, by the way. But I'm so lost right now, I don't even know. I thught Dash killed herself because of the apple scenario, but then there's a rainbow kitchen knife in here too... :facehoof: Why i so lost?

960129 Rainbow Dash didn't kill herself because of the apple incident. What she dealt with was a life-long problem of her being constantly categorized as a homosexual simply because of her looks and behavior. The recent incidents were just minor catalysts to push her over the edge.

As for the "rainbow kitchen knife"... well, I'm not sure where you got the term from. But in the basket Applejack shows to Pinkie, it says that there is a kitchen knife along with the mess of the mane Rainbow Dash had cut off. Sorry if that got you confused, I tried to do the best I could. :fluttershysad:

Wow, this is waaaayyyy more emotional than I had expected :rainbowderp: Goood job! :pinkiehappy:
I think you really know how to show all the emotions and grief and such in a situation like this.

I might be a little bit biased due to Rainbow Dash being my favorite pony :rainbowkiss:
But yeah, like I said keep up the good work!

Moral for this chapter never judge others for their romantic intrests if they say they're straight, bi, or lezbian then just let them be that way, if you don't approve of who they like then just don't talk to them, myself I'm as straight as can be but that doesn't mean I want everyone around me to be the same, if someone I know wants to spend their life loving the same gender then that's fine by me. Yet another example of why the ponies in this town clearly need to be punished, because of them Rainbow Dash took her own life, all because they wouldn't shut up about her being a lezbian when she said she wasn't! :twilightangry2:

960170
Oohhhh. It's the whole deconstruction thing isn't it? I'm not very good with subliminal stuff. Just big words.
So... she cut off her mane. It's quite symbolic, though I'm also quite good at making things sound stupid. Just ignore me for the time being while I figure out what deconstruction is.

I agree with Golden Delicious up there, no clue what deconstruction actually is. But still...this is an amazing and emotional chapter. I'm relieved Pinkie was saved. I can't wait for what the next chapter holds.

961185 You mean the next "ending". "Closure" was just one of many, as well as the closest thing I allowed myself to get to a "good" ending. The next ending features Pinkie Pie...well... actually following through with the suicide without anyone to stop her.

961217 Yeah, lol. As long as I'm reading something you wrote. You're awesome. And besides, this story has me captivated. So I'll take as many endings as I can get. Though I'm afraid of the tears the next one might bring...

yays good chapter :3
:pinkiesad2:

I thought Pinkie should suffer the same fate as RD, but then the homosexual issue set me, excuse the pun, straight

975348 "snort snort"

975831 god dammit, I still have no idea what that is meant to mean:ajsleepy:

991318 Well, I thank you for at least giving your thoughts on it instead of deciding to be the guy who thumbs down what they don't like and leave no comment.

I appreciate the critique and the time you put out of your busy schedule for writing it, even if you didn't like the story. I'll try to keep these mistakes in mind when I write the next one. :twilightsmile:

I can acutally see the towns ponies reacting like that there's one question why didn't Dash fight back? she's a pretty strong mare i would think she could take a few down before going down herself, i feel bad for Dash she had go through all that just because of how she looks so i guess the next chap will have Pinkie not being saved.

Hmm... This is interesting, and I can't find any grammatical errors after reading through.

I heard you needed an editor - if you want, I can go through and scour this for other issues.

1039328 That would be greatly appreciated!

"Would you like to ride this bull?"

:rainbowlaugh:
Pinkie broke my sads :pinkiehappy:

1248492 Glad to see that particular joke wasn't as unfunny as I thought it would've been.

1255109
Oh no, it was definitely funny :pinkiehappy:

such an unusual sort of thing.
very, very nice but so unusual in a good way

...I dont even...

Good job.

1006786

I think dash didn't fight back simply because she didn't wan to. She felt responsible for what happened and may have felt like she deserved it. Or, there may have been two many of them and she just got overpowered.

Login or register to comment