• Published 31st Dec 2017
  • 397 Views, 0 Comments

Pony Things - DerpymuffinAuthor



A collection of pony writing

  • ...
 0
 397

Subject in Silver City

Chap woke up with a sharp pain stabbing into his forehead. He groaned in annoyance and squinted his eyes at the bright lights that lined the corners of his vision and only seemed to make them burn more.

When the lid to his pod cracked open, he scrunched up his face in reaction to the bright lights that spilled in. All at once, he would hear the whirring of dozens of machines and the loud voices of all other creatures in the room.

“Welcome back to the world of the living, Chap.” That voice was the most defined and understandable to Chap as he quickly began readjusting to his surroundings. Chap slowly pushed himself upright, slowly blinking open his eyes as the devices that had been clasped around his forelegs and hooked up to wires were quickly removed by a familiar griffon scientist.

“Sweet Faust, my head is killing me.”

“Yeah, it’ll do that to you.” The griffon pushed her swivel chair away from the side of the pod and to her computer. She tapped something into the computer before turning to watch as Chap awkwardly maneuvered out of the pod. She reached out to steady him when he nearly collapsed as pain filled his neck.

“How about you go to your quarters and try to sleep off your headache? Grab some pain killers from the medical wing if you think it’s necessary.”

“Maybe I can convince Hearty to give me some of the strong stuff.” Chap answered back jokingly, his own grin widening at the faint smirk on the griffon scientist’s face.

“Get some for me too, while you’re at it. This job is starting to get boring.” She paused for a moment. “Don’t let Rich know I said that. I’m already walking a tight line after I was blamed for nearly setting his suit on fire.”

“Don’t worry, Henna, my lips are sealed.” Chap lifted a hoof up and ran it in a line across his muzzle before slowly making his way towards the exit to the room.

The entire room was circular and full of other pods like the one Chap had just emerged from. They were testing a new technology that he honestly found quite exhilarating, although the side-effects could be rather painful.

The other scientists gave him a wave, another stallion saying hi as he emerged from his pod.

The hallway wasn’t particularly cramped at this hour, which Chap was somewhat grateful for since it allowed him to pause near the transparent wall and allow him to stare out at the sight of the base, stretching out to the distant fence that cut it off from the rest of Silver City.

Beyond that, Chap could see the wide, starry expanse of space and the sparkling planet of Equis. He could only imagine what it was like down there right now, covered in masses of cities and with all the politics that Chap was grateful to not be involved with.

With one more moment of staring into space, Chap continued on his way to his private quarters. One benefit of being a test subject.

Author's Note:

Inspired by Jame Cameron's Avatar

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment