• Published 26th Feb 2017
  • 474 Views, 4 Comments

Anomalous Occurences - Frostbytten



A young superhero ends up in a world that's very similar to her old one, but very different at the same time. She must learn how to not only survive, but thrive in this new environment.

  • ...
 4
 474

Arrival

Anomaly yelped in pain as the metal bat slammed into her side, lightning running through her nerves and making her shake and spasm. Megahertz cackled loudly as she slumped, the chains around her wrists the only thing stopping her from falling to the cold concrete below. "What's the matter, girly? Having a shocking experience?" He cackled louder at his own joke, jabbing the bat into her gut again. "Why, I'm just exstatic that you're here! Get it? Ex-static!" His laughter faded when he saw how the hero didn't seem to be responding to his jokes. A feral growl escaped his throat and he smashed the bat against her leg until the bone broke. Anomaly screamed in pain, the sound somewhat muffled by the fox mask over her face. "Hey, hey, don't pass out on me yet." His tone was friendly now, and he put an arm around her shoulders. "I know it Hertz, but I thought you were tougher than that." She groaned in response, whether from the pain or the joke, he didn't know. "Aha! She lives! You had me worried for a second there." He walked around in front of her and smiled. "See, I'm not ready to kill you just yet." His hand shot out and wrapped around her neck. "Y'hear?! You don't die until I say you can!" He waited until she started to slump again before releasing her. "Good." He tapped the bat against her face a few times, before winding back and swinging. Her head snapped to the side and she yelped in pain. After a few moments, blood started leaking from the mask. "Oopsie!" He waited for her to look back up, tapping the bat against the ground. "C'mon, where's your fight?!"

"Right....here!" Anomaly rasped out, the air starting to warp and twist around her. The chains started creaking and groaning as the gravity around them started increasing exponentially. Megahertz growled, bright blue sparks coruscating up and down his body. He tried to hit her with his bat again, but the closer it got to her, the harder it was to lift. Before long, the chains attached to the ceiling snapped from the incredible force being exerted on them. Anomaly almost fell over as her broken leg was forced to suddenly carry her full weight. A dark chuckle escaped her as she saw a look of fear briefly cross the villain's face. "What's the matter, Megahertz? I thought you understood the gravity of this situation?" She started to float into the air as she spoke, violet light leaking from the eye holes of her mask. He yelled in anger, flailing wildly with the bat now. She flicked her hands, altering gravity in just the right way to make his attacks miss. It was an old game between them at this point. "Why don't you just give up, Hertz? You know you can't win."

"It's MEGAhertz! MEGA!" He screeched, all semblance of civility gone. He charged at her with a knife drawn, shooting a bolt of lightning past her face. Anomaly gasped in surprise, then pain as he drove the blade into her stomach. "MEGA! I! AM! BETTER! THAN! YOU!" Every word was punctuated by another stab, spittle flying from his mouth. "Me! I won, I killed you!" She stumbled backwards, her eyes wide. "I...I...Oh, shit, no!" He fell to his knees, tears streaming from his eyes. "i killed you...I killed you!" He wailed, rocking back and forth, burying his head in his hands. Anomaly stumbled away, blood leaking from her robes and mouth. Neither of them noticed the building glow surrounding the hero until it was too bright to ignore any longer. By then, it was too late. Before either of them could do anything, it burst outwards, consuming both of them. When it faded, they were gone.

____________________

Marey Allen was enjoying a rare day off from both police and Power Pony work. For once, there were no urgent mysteries to solve or villainous plots to thwart. She was in the middle of having a nice, overpriced coffee when a bright light filled the middle of the street. She sighed and rolled her eyes under her sunglasses, turning to walk towards the disturbance. "Never a dull day in Maretropolis, huh?" She chuckled to herself, shaking her head. Her good mood vanished as soon as she saw what was lying on the asphalt. There was a person in the middle of a small crater. A growing puddle of blood, bone sticking out of the right leg. Her eyes narrowed as she ran over to them at an agonizingly slow pace, at least to her. If she had come in costume, she would have been able to make it there immediately. As it was, in order to protect her identity, she had to move at the same pace as normal ponies. The first thing she did when she reached the body was check for a pulse. She let out a breath when she felt the weak pulse. "Hey, are you awake?" A small groan answered her, and she nodded. "Good, good. Stay with me, okay? Help is on the way." She looked up at the crowd that had gathered around them. "Somepony call an ambulance!" As if summoned, sirens filled the air and an ambulance pulled up. A pair of paramedics ran up, and she flashed her badge at them. "Maretropolis PD. I need a ride." One of them nodded, jabbing his thumb at the body.

"Dead or alive?" Marey let out a soft sigh. "Alive, for now. But we need to get 'em to the hospital right away. Don't know how long our friend will be with us in this condition." The other nodded, placing her hand on Marey's shoulder. "Don't worry, ma'am. We'll take it from here." Marey nodded, not trusting herself to respond. She'd been a detective for a while now, and it still hadn't gotten easier to see the dead bodies at some crime scenes. She didn't think she could handle somepony dying on her watch. She gasped when they turned the body, revealing a young-looking being. The fox mask she had been wearing slid off, revealing a heavily bruised face and long white hair. The worst part, though, was her stomach. The black robe had been stained red with blood, and there was a knife sticking from her sternum. "Oh, Faust! What happened?!" The girl's eyes slid open, and Marey idly noticed that they were a soft purple. Her mouth worked silently for a few moments, and Marey walked over. "What is it? What do you want to say?"

"M-megahertz...happened." Despite never having heard the name before, Fili-second shivered. She had a feeling it wouldn't be the last time she heard that name.

Comments ( 4 )

not bad for a 1st chapter... i like how you set this up so far. love how you had fillysecound not use her speed while she is in the her nermal outfit really makes this feel like a superhero story. i look forward too more

It is somehow interessting, but it sounded like she made a lightshow in the air and the rather weak Villain got angry and just stabbed her with a knife while she was distracted. I guess I couldn't really image what or how she did it.

What exactly are her powers? Gravity?

Are the Power Ponys well Ponys or do you make them anthros? I think Ponys would be nice.
In a way this looked like she wasn't invinsible and I like that. I always wanted a Power Pony X Human story with not to many Crossover Villains or at least no one that is to op. I mean I don't want a Villain where the Power Ponys can't help and I don't want the main char to fight them alone and with only one hand.

7980307 Oh yes I think I agree with that and even if it is to short I give you a thumb up already.

7986629
7986628
Thank you for your input! I really appreciate it. I'll try to exit things to be more clear when I get home.

Login or register to comment